Manchester City Thread

He's just said exactly what most people say. Nobody is worth the fees players go for. Being a kid he will need to be protected

On the Mangala fee, just because Porto got 24m for their 56% share of the player it does not mean that all the parties involved had their share valued at the same rate. City are adamant they paid 32m. Porto and the other parties haggled for months and came up with some convoluted deal which involved Brahimi being given to Doyen, so perhaps Doyen gave up their Mangala money for full rights to Brahimi? No fucker knows, it's all guesswork.
One thing you can count on with some quarters of the press tho is, when it comes to City, they will jump on the highest potential fee remotely possible and run with it. Just contract how City's and Utd's fees have been reported this summer.
It's pretty comedic on the Guardian.
Utd: Headline "Utd sign x for [initial fee]" mentions somewhere in the article that there are also future add ons on top of fee.
City: Headline "City sign x for [initial fee + add ons]", mentions somewhere in the article that part of the fee is future add ons
This leads to different outlets calculating larger total spends for City and smaller total spends for Utd, to the point that many Utd fans thought their net spend was on course to be 0 or even profit.
When even Mark Ogden notices this trend you know it's been going on a while...
We're used to it.

watching the City vs. Juve game...

what is wrong with City fans? why so many empty seats again? very bad atmosphere as well....

sad what happend to football.

Crystal clear foul from Kompany on the goal.
What's the use of those touch line refs, Kompany was all over Chielini.

Until then Juve were the better team.

City fucked me big time today. Only team that lost on my ticket. I thought that their form in epl and Juves transfers out and dismal league form would give me the victory and a winning ticket. Time for a pint

Our front 4 consisted of 2 snails and 2 who looked unfit.

Tempo was poor but we had the chances to win. Juve took theirs (if you can count Morata's as a 'chance'). Mangala at fault for both, and after a dodgy performance vs Palace. Time for Otamendi to replace him.

Only Kompany and Fernandinho were good enough.

You have (2) £40m CBs ... Neither communicates well w/ each other atm. I didn't expect this result at home from MCity . Kevin looks likes s typical Mou reject . Let's hope he improves or MCity will send him to SerieA !

Kevin barely played 20 minutes. It's a litle bit premature to judge him.
He is a player who needs time before he becomes good. It took him half aseason at Wolfsburg (also because he barely played at Chelsea).

If City have done their homework, they should know this perfectly well.

Forza PSV :SMUG: :P

Willing CFC vs AFC to be a draw today so, if we beat WHU, we'd effectively be 14 pts / 8 pts ahead of CFC and AFC.

Hopefully Kompany's absence doesn't disrupt things at the back, even if Otamendi isn't a bad guy to come in. Also with Nasri out surely KDB will start!

------------------Hart
Sagna---Otamendi--Mangala--Kolarov
--------------Fernandinho
----------Y. Toure----Silva
---De Bruyne---Aguero---Sterling

Subs: Caballero, Maffeo, Demichelis, Fernando, Navas, Iheanacho, Bony.

Need to bounce back after tuesday, and with 2 wins away from equalling Arsenal's win record, it'd be a shame to start dropping points now...

Last edited:
Congrats to WHU. They timewasted like a bitch but I don't blame them, esp. when match officials seem oblivious to it. Disappointing to let a 12 win record go up in smoke tho I'd probably be hypocritical to slate the team for early complacency when I was expecting a win. Think we deserved something out of the game but WHU certainly didn't deserve to lose, they defended brilliantly.

Not too worried tho. De Bruyne looks a class act and with Silva in the side instead of Navas, love his effort but he's a jigsaw (falls to pieces in the box), it's gonna be beautiful. Otamendi too didn't look out of place in the PL.

The main thing today showed was just how hard it's gonna be to replace Silva in X number of years, he's just a class above virtually every midfielder around.
Was worried he wouldn't play today because he certainly wasn't fit on Tuesday either. Must have been a huge boost to WHU.

4-1...thank you Pellegrini and Clattenburg...LOL.

With that defense City will never win the CL.

Very, very bad refereeing.

First goal De Bruyne: very marginal off-side (but that is excusable).
Second goal: Walker clearly off-side.
4th goal: Kane clearly off-side

Lamela could have had a red card and De Michelis certainly should have had a second yellow

Last edited:
Abysmal from manager, to players to linesmen.

We had a team out there ideal for the counter attack but we play a high line and end up neither dominating possession (in any meaningful way) or playing on the break.
We can moan about linesmen and injuries but we still had enough out there but let ourselves down in the 2nd half, both tactically and in individual performances. Spurs didn't even play well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom