Manchester City Thread

What is it about De Bruyne in Wolfsburg or Manchester City?
First of all De Bruyne is very happy in Wolfsburg. He really likes the club, he is much loved by fans and club and is considered the best player of the Bubdesliga, which is for him the best league in the world. On top of that Wolfsburg are playing Champions League and he isn't persuaded that City are better armed to progress further in that cup than Wolfsburg (on paper this is idiotic, but IRL. City have seriously underperformed in the CL and there is the excitement of a first ever CL campaign in Wolfsburg. De Bruyne loves Wolfsburg and this is tempting him).

So from a footballlistic point of view there aren't that many reasons to prefer City to Wolfsburg (and i happen to know that this is De Bruyne's opinion). But then there are two other possible reasons.

There seems to be a deal between Wolfsburg and De Bruyne that if there comes a bid of 80 million euro or more (i know that is crazy money for any player), he can go. That kind of money would be tempting for Wolfsburg as a club.

The other reason is his salary. Wolfsburg have proposed him once again a salary raise, but that is ten times less than what he could earn at City. This is tempting for a professional football player.

Are there other clubs where he could play? Not immediately. It seems De Bruyne doesn't like Guardiola's kind of football. But there is definitely intrest from Bayern. Just like everybody De Bruyne thinks this will be Guardiola's last season in München. So perhaps next season there could be a chance to play for a club with realistic chance to win the CL. And then there is the small matter of the transfer embargo in Barcelona. This is another club that has showed intrest in De Bruyne.

I think De Bruyne is in a very good position to just wait and see what happens...

Yesterday evening he was at the player of the year awards inHamburg. And when got his award, the host of the show asked him if he would stay. It seems De Bruyne gave a non-committal answer and then the host of the show asked him to repeat the following phrase: "i will not leave the Bundesliga this season" (or something very similar). De Bruyne was baffled, and ended up to repeat the sentence...i don't think one should attach any importance to that. His manager has already reacted furiously.

Last edited:
Otamendi 5yr @£40m good Lord that`s ST-CAM range.

So, Kevin wont come then according to how gerd explained it.I heard Pedro wants MUFC even though MCITY offers more money. I didnt even know Pedro was a player MCity was looking at or its rubbish recycling . RM rejected £65m for Benzema too supposedly.

Obviously, why would De Bruyne want to come to City to play with Aguero when he has Lord Bendtner to assist?
He might love Wolfburg but there are no footballing reasons (there may be emotional reasons) to stay there over playing for City. he's never going to win the title over there whilst Bayern still exists. At City he has a chance of doing that.

The Pedro reports are being rehashed simply because of the ambush interview KDB gave last night. Last week the press was saying we'd bid 32m Euros as well, even tho his release clause is less than that. Turned out to be rubbish so doubt we've bid again. Why would we bid more than his release clause?

Last edited:
Funny how the drama for transfer has really been under the radar. That said you wonder who Arsenal's #9 is going to be. I hear nothing so next week we may have a busy of names going to clubs. I hate when clubs use other clubs for boosting a price , I assume most of MCity targets are just other clubs to make a bidding war.

Last edited:
Ready to snap some shins
Nicholas%20Otamendi%20models%20the%20mcfc%20home%20shirt.ashx

Dat beard
Portrait%20of%20Nicholas%20Otamendi%20in%20mcfc%20training%20top.ashx

Pedro deal just made official
Nicholas%20Otamendi%20shares%20a%20joke%20with%20his%20national%20team%20mate%20Sergio%20Aguero.ashx

I'm looking forward to seeing him play. Love his hardman style. No doubt will become a fans favourite, like Zaba

Mangala has looked good so far but not really tested against WBA and he always has Costa in his pocket. Too early to make any judgements.

If/when Kompany gets injured or he loses form again at least we have 2 CBs in Mang and Ota who have played together before.

If Demichelis doesn't go back to Argentina until next year, I would like to see Denayer go on loan to Everton if/when Stones leaves

Last edited:
Kompany and Otamendi coming up for set-pieces will be a nightmare for every team. Otamendi's leap is insane and Kompany is going for the Golden Boot this season it seems.

Lewandowski? :CONF: Why would we want him? lol

I'd be happy with Otamendi, Delph, De Bruyne, Sterling tho I'd have happily sacrificed one of the latter 2 for a top CM like Verratti. He would have made us a bigger player in the CL than, say, De Bruyne.

Last edited:
It seems Wolsburg and City have a deal about De Bruyne, but Bayern also informed Wolfsburg that they want to buy De Bruyne.
Meanwhile Kevin has played two very average matches.

It seems Wolsburg and City have a deal about De Bruyne, but Bayern also informed Wolfsburg that they want to buy De Bruyne.
Meanwhile Kevin has played two very average matches.

Maybe he'd much rather stay in Wolfsburg as he's very comfortable in the city and club and feels like home. But recent "inevitable" talks with other clubs made him lose concentration a bit. Sadly, money talks.

We are staying up, say we are staying up :EASY:

9 wins in a row now, beating 2 of our toughest opponents, with some 'winnable' fixtures coming up.

City were solid yesterday imo. Everton could've scored but they were very tough and City did a good job scoring 2. They looked champion material. But it's all about consistency.

So some reports saying De Bruyne is about to sign

So fucking bored of this transfer now. :ZZZ:

A couple of weeks is fine and you get a nice climax ( :bebo: ) when it becomes official, but when they drag on this long you just want it over with, whether it means the player joins or not.

ATM I don't care if he stays at Wolfsburg. Hell, he could rock up Busby Way and I'd barely look up from my crossword (if I did them)

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like De Bruyne is finally done. Going to be the most expensive transfer in British football history.

I mean he seems pretty good, but that seems a huge gamble. Well it would be if money meant anything anyway.

But a front 4 of:
--De Bruyne---Silva----Sterling--
-------------Aguero--------------

That is legit.

If he helps us win trophies I couldn't care less about PFA awards. I haven't taken them seriously anyway since Kyle Walker beat Aguero to YPOTY

80 millions for de bruyne???

i know man.city don't have problems with money, but he doesn't worth that much... not even half of it.

great job by wolfsburg.

Back
Top Bottom