Manchester City Thread

Not surprised. Bit stupid to pair a 16 yr old with a 20 yr old at CB against CRonaldo, Bale, Benzema, Isco, even in a friendly. Having only the 'Octupus' (more like 'Platypus') infront of them couldn't have helped. No ST either

I remember tho Utd beating Real last pre season and yet you were dogshit for 95% of the season

More reports today that Pep has agreed to become City manager next season.

Sounds possible
Rummenigge: "If Pep wants to stay on that’s wonderful, but if he doesn't it won’t be the end of the world."

Hope it's true. I like a manager not afraid to experiment. Pellegrini is too stubborn for me

I know it's a friendly but Kompany seem to have a bad day at the office. Is this alarming concentration @ the back? He seem to try and help too much , it's like having your mum force feed you even though your 12yrs old. 1st, 3rd and 4th gol seem he's doing .

Trying to do too much.Couple that with Mangala not being a positionally good CB like a John Terry and then pick a CM of
------Evans
--Silva---Nasri
and you're going to be sliced apart time and time again.

Sterling was the only bright spark, 2 more assists, but to sort our problems out it's going to take signing 1 or 2 top class CMs, a mobile holding player who is good on the ball (best example: Verratti) and another box to box.
But the cllub seems to be wasting time chasing a Pogba pipedream and trying for yet another AM in De Bruyne - good player but is he really needed?. Vidal just moved clubs for 25-28m and we didn't even try. I dunno why

If we end up adding Sterling and De Bruyne you'd say they're good signings, but they're not going to be the difference between winning and losing against the likes of Barca, Reall, Bayern, which is what this window should have been about. At that level your CM is so important. Yaya Toure is a brilliant player but overall our CM options are woefully short of those 3 clubs. Sterling and De Bruyne would hardly see any of the ball!

Last edited:
Maybe mobility concerns if partnered with Yaya? Morgan is up there with Matic as a DM in everything but mobility. With Denayer in the squad now, I'd seriously consider moving Kompany back there this season.

Meanwhile, Dzeko to Roma is done.
Overall I've never been a huge fan of his, he's really poor in terms of buildup and just didn't suit us in that regard. He's also a bit sulky/soft but he has scored some incredibly important goals for us and for his faults he is/was a goalscorer, gave us his prime years and I'll look back at his time fondly, despite the frustrations.
It looks almost certain that we'll be giving Dzeko's no.10 shirt to De Bruyne, tho Isco may the one if Wolfsburg want too much. I'd love to see Isco here however De Bruyne may compliment Sterling and Silva more, KDB is an amazing crosser of a ball and I could see him (and in turn Aguero) benefiting hugely from Silva's reverse passes for the overlap

Manchester City renew Pierdegrini... Big laughs guaranteed until 2017???

THANK YOU TXIKI SINCE TODAY YOU ARE AN UNITED LEGEND.

Haven't you got a certain Porto GK to stalk?

Anyway, according to an excellent source, De Bruyne will wear number 14 for City (Bony will change to 9 - Aguero is taking 10). Deal basically done. :COOL:

--------------Aguero
Sterling--Toure--De Bruyne--Silva
-----------Dinho/Delph

--Sterling----Aguero----Silva
----------Toure--De Bruyne
------------Dinho/Delph

--------------Aguero
--Sterling----Silva----De Bruyne (<--all 3 interchangeable)
----------Toure---Dinho/Delph

-------------Aguero
------------Sterling
De Bruyne-----------------Silva
---------Toure---Dinho/Delph

Gives us plenty of added firepower to what was already the most productive attack in the PL. The most important thing it gives us tho is more variation. We have more of a counter attack threat now and Sterling's ability to consistently beat a man is something we've not had since Adam Johnson left the club, and Sterling is much better than him.

However, with only Jason Denayer added to the backline (as good a prospect as he looks), and not truly addressing CM with a real top class talent like Pogba, Vidal or Verratti, only time will tell whether more goals will result in more points. It's more likely to help in the PL than it is the CL.

Last edited:
I was wondering about the rumours of Pep coming and the reaction to Pelligrini this season. At least he's able to breath and focus on the task. Anything can happen next summer, it's a Petr solution.

I think most in the press will see through this 'extension' but at least they can't constantly ask him every week about only having months left on his deal.

I grew up (mostly) in a town called New Mills. I played for the juniors football teams and the full team and have since moved back there

...and yesterday news broke that Shaun Goater :WORSHIP: has taken the Assistant Manager's job :SHOCK: :ROCK: :ROCK: :ROCK:

Despite not kicking a ball in about 8 years I might get fit again and see if I can make the team ...if only to feed the goat in training :LOL:

Last edited:
silva2.jpg

:WORSHIP:

That is all. :COAT:

Looks like we might be signing Otamendi.

Quality player but I don't get it. We have 4 CBs already, with Denayer signing a new contract on the understanding that he'll get game time.

We need a LB or a quality defensive minded 'playmaker' in the mould of Verratti more than another CB.

City played very well today great attacking game from them
Although 2nd half was a bit scrappy at times
but overall nice enjoyable game to watch

btw has anyone seen the mourinho interview on skysports after the game
lol what a load of shit he's talking about funny...
i think he was watching a different game...

Wesnut and now Chelsnut! Someone needs to remove their nutcracker. It was a good result, Its been since the 80's MCity handed Chels such s beating.

Before Mou came back we were Chelsea's bogie team. Battered em 4-1 at Stamford Bridge even when Hughes was manager

Today tho I thought Sagna was one of our best players. Hazard started avoiding him after a while. I think the dreads were holding him back :)
Fernandinho was excellent as well. Everyone was good but those 2 stood out to me because Sagna has been pretty poor since he joined, tho he has never had a run of games, and Dinho is an unsung hero type of player.

Mangala was decent as well, tho he tends to be good when he has a ST he can battle with. It's the other games where he finds it tough sometimes. Doesn't have very good positional sense yet.

Vinnie going for the Golden Boot :COOL:
CMjNZwNXAAEX8uV.jpg

What happened to FFP? You selling anyone notable? Sterling + De Bruyne + Otamendi? Cripes, that's gonna be close to 100m.

Much needed refresh of course, but yeah. Weird when you hear Inter are selling because they have to for FFP, and Chelsea's long line about according to it.

IIRC we've sold:
Negredo 24m (tho being written off for Otamendi)
Dzeko around 15m - another 'loan' with obligation to buy - basically helps the buyer with FFP
Jovetic around 14m - same as above
Nastasic around 10m - tho that might count on last year's books. Not sure
Rekik 3.8m
Sinclair 2.5m
Boyata 1.5m

and Lampard, Milner and Richards off the wage bill

I heard De Bruyne is not coming . At the look of things you dont need no one. Although , Liverpool & MUFC look terrible w/ 6pts each :THINK: Lord knows what might happen when they start to look good :CURSE:

Back
Top Bottom