Manchester City Thread

No one's worth a tenth of that. It's just today's silly money. Doesn't mean anything to me. It's just a game to them.

Of course no human being is worth that much. Crazy money.

But then again, this is good for two Belgian clubs: AA Gent gets half a million euro's and Racing Genk two million euro's. Of course it would be better if those playerscould stay in Belgium,but that is utopic.

Very proud of Kevin, who would have thought this all those years ago? Always knew he was something special. I hope he isn't intimidated by this outrageous transfer sum.

Oh and Kevin is a player who needs lots of playing time...

It's too much but then everyone's paying too much these days (unless there's a release clause involved)

Personally I'd have gone no higher than £45m. If Wolfsburg said no then so be it.

He's definitely worth more than 40m Euros tho. He broke the all time German record for assists and he's hardly got a world class ST to set up. Inter paid more than 40m Euros for Kondogbia if I recall!

Indeed. We've only broken the transfer record once and that was for Robinho, a record we only nudged up by a few thousand quid. We didn't smash it like Chelsea or Utd have (numerous times)

I'm just glad the saga is over. Let him now prove Jose wrong!

Last edited:
Indeed. We've only broken the transfer record once and that was for Robinho, a record we only nudged up by a few thousand quid. We didn't smash it like Chelsea or Utd have (numerous times)

you need to stop flirting w/ me like that :BLEH: :))

Finally he gets on the plane
CNj2oexW8AAWT4g.jpg

However, after landing, he realises there's a problem
CNjmNilW8AAcMO9.jpg

CNkgOMFWUAAXHh4.jpg

Whoa, not letting you get away with that one.

For an individual you've only broken it once, but you signed about 300m worth of strikers alone, and have broken every record in terms of spending within a single window/season/2 seasons/last 5 seasons/ last 10 seasons.

City's spending has been mental. United's spending last summer (far and away our largest in club history) was the only talking point from every pundit, every match, and yet you'll have spend more than that handily this summer, and it's barely even mentioned because it's so normal for City.

All that said, this might be the best forward unit in EPL history, imo the best since United of 1999. Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero - woof. That is some talent. And with Toure behind them for some matches.

Last edited:
We've spent the same or slightly less as you last year based on gross. A lot less based on net tho.
Also last 5 years you had spent more. Will have to see what the status is after Tuesday.
Must seem rather comedic to the avg football fan to see 2 fans of 2 of the 3 main big spenders quibbling over who has spent more!

Anyway, we look goooooood.
Watford played a 5-5 formation so we had to be patient. Just kept probing and the goal came. Good finish by Sterling who was very good. Such a breath of fresh air to have someone who can turn and just run at defenders with breathtaking pace. His weight of pass at times needs to improve but he pulls the opposition apart.

2nd half we could have scored a couple of 'Goal of the season' contenders.

Sagna!!!, Dinho, Silva, Sterling and Toure all excellent.
Navas had a really poor game just at the wrong time with KDB signing.
Aguero bit too desperate for a goal.

£50.85m + a friendly for Wolfsburg

Big outlay but I'm sure if he had been in some of the positions Navas was in today we'd have scored a lot earlier.

CNmTPZaXAAAptVU.jpg

City win 10 games in a row
Top of the league with another cleansheet
Liverpool lose
Chelsea lose
Utd lose
And we sign Bundesliga Player of the Year

Pretty epic weekend of football really :LOL:

Could be a long year for the prem tbh. City had the best squad LAST season, and have just absolutely obliterated the transfer market. Absolutely no excuses if they don't win the league. Team is at its absolute peak, far and away most expensive, best squad, manager in his 3rd season, and all other competition domestically looks to have serious issues.

At least they're playing nice football. Far more entertaining to watch than Chelsea grind post-THFC last season. Potential to be a truly memorable team this one. And timing is good - I personally think Barca probably have 1 more year in this cycle, Madrid are a mess despite their talent and Bayern's wingers are never fit. It'll be City's best chance of becoming a true powerhouse.

Said towards the middle of last season that City had a real challenge in terms of refreshing the squad in key areas. Well, £170m in a single window pretty much answers how much Mansour is willing to throw away to get his CL success. Woof.

As a final point, I have to spare a thought for Arsenal and Arsene. At the end of last season CFC had run out of steam, MCFC looked in need of a kickstart and MUFC still looked pretty terrible. Thought it might be a real chance for Arsenal to compete with the big spenders just down to timing. Nope.

Our cost of squad will have leapfrogged Utd's by about, I would guesstimate, 50-60m, but then you still need to finish yours lol.

Calling out for a CB and FW/ST on top of what you have.

Wenger's just weird. He could have signed Schneiderlin -27m, Jackson Martinez -25m if he got in there early enough but he didn't. Proven PL/CL players.

Last edited:
Even though I dont support city
But what i like about them is that they'd focused on the positions they need to stregthen and went out and did it
even though they maybe paid over the odds for the players but for 100% sure they have the talent to prove their worth
and it sorted out the areas of the squad that needed sorting
City has a fantastic squad now, no excuses for them
they started the season brilliant but tougher games lie ahead
season is not a race its a marathon
it'll be exciting to see de de bruyne in the premier league again especially if he plays chelsea :P

I do agree @Godotelli
Wenger is making a mistake and he shouldve done similiar to what man city has
go out focus on the areas that needed sorting and get him even if it has to take paying over the odds to get the player because clubs dont want to sell their best players for proper amount, an offer that no one can refuse has to be made
exactly what city has done in the window props to them (even though ffp is pretty much out of the window now)
in certain ways he did with cech but it probably only happened because of respect the owner of chelsea had with cech and that cech was focused in staying in london wont be the same for other targets hence better offers need to be made

Paying big fees is a risk but not getting the big players in is a risk as well. You risk losing your best players if they find themselves at a club that doesn't seem to want to compete for league titles.
Arsenal have already found this out, and perhaps they had the whole statium thing but now there's really no excuse. Arsenal have loads of money but if they continue to penny pinch how long until Sanchez leaves?

Agreed any transfer is a big risk and i do agree completely with what you said
other than fixing areas but its to keep the squad fresh and keep challenging for big things and keeping the balance of the squad to make everyone in the team happy

it seems to me if City`s name attach to it the price goes up. Kevin was not being looked at by Barca or RM . They (Wolf) felt like keeping Kevin and City feels this player is the future like MUTD thinks Martial is too :LOL: sry

According to his agent they were.
'Bayern were interested in de Bruyne but were asked by Volkswagen – who own their main sponsors Audi – not to bid, so they pulled out.

City and PSG both made initial offers, and Wolfsburg, in response, offered to double de Bruyne's salary if he would stay for another season.

When de Bruyne refused that, it was clear he was intent on leaving – so Wolfsburg tried to drag Bayern back into the race.

De Bruyne said he was not interested in Bayern and after PSG made a £45.8m bid, and said they would loan him back to Wolfsburg this season, de Bruyne turned them down as well.

That forced Wolfsburg to deal with City alone – and a final figure of £54.5million was finally agreed.'

Either way, I couldn't really give a monkeys! :COOL:
CNzu--9WoAEBf3e.jpg

Last edited:
Strong trolling from Mangala:
Eliaquim Mangala on Anthony Martial's transfer: "Nobody is worth that amount of money. He will need to be protected."

Unless Martial carries United to the league title one legged while simultaneously putting up the new North Stand, he'll have cost LESS than Mangala.

Back
Top Bottom