Manchester City Thread

5 goals in 20 mins is still a PL record.

6 would have been nice but with 2 games for Arg coming up no point risking him

He's back in the mood, that's all that matters!

Kun is Love. Kun is Life.

(Nice goal from KDB too)

He wasn't at it today, or in the last couple, but Kolarov has to stop overlapping every time as it gives Sterling no space. He can't go on the outside of the fullback so he becomes predictable.

You'd figure that for a player with an ego like Sterling it must be hard to come to terms with suddenly not being nowhere near the best player on the team.

Yep, and having his development hindered by being subbed every match. Especially as he is more dangerous in the 2nd half when defenders start to tire.

For his development, he should have stayed with Liverpool.
Too many young players are going much too soon to these massive clubs.

At this level you need two feet and football intelligence. Sterling has neither.

He's a kid who has just made a huge step up in quality. He was very good (everyone very quiet here then - surprisingly!) when we were playing well and has suffered in the last couple whilst the whole team suffered.
To be expected, it's not right for a kid to be asked to carry a team or play out of position.

Last edited:
He's still very young. He has loads of raw talent. His main weakness is his intelligence which will improve over time, along with his weak foot, if he has the hunger and work ethic.

Not fuck international football, but fuck the people who decide about transfers. It's not a good thing that City is so dependent on one player...and this with their budget.

Well at least Kompany will not play against Andorra (but very probable against Israël).

Belgium: that is a lot of people, almost 11 million...well i'm glad to share the blame with my compatriots...

Of course Vermaelen is the only Arsenal player that was ever injured and that for a long time...i could reply that Arsenal's fantastic medical staff (Diaby anyone, Rosicki anyone, Wilshere anyone ?) killed Vermaelen's Arsenal carreer, but let's leave it at this...

Most players are only too happy to play for their national teams, most clubs recruit abundantly after big tournaments (and lots of those transfers turn out to be bad transfers), perhaps there is a case to stop international football, but as long as those mega clubs do stupid intercontinental tours before and after the season, i don't think you have much to complain about...

Cherish these days of international matches during the league season. It'll go eventually imo. Clubs have all the money and all the power - and it's not in their interest to have their assets injured mid-season.

I like the idea of having all the qualifications at once, either in a worldwide winter break, or before the season starts.

That would be an even bigger risk for injuries, but that is the reason why i think it's a good idea.

This should happen before the seasons starts: imagine big clubs having players out due to injury and lesser clubs making a flying start, could result in more suspense...

That is why i also think it's a "good" thing that Aguëro would be injured. City will end up winning the EPL no matter what happens, and this way it could be more fun to follow. And no disrespect to Aguëro who is a fantastic player...

Of course i understand fans of those team don't like that...

Gerd , Belgium has only 11m wow! The state of Florida has 19.9m ... That not counting all the illegals lol. I mention Beligum but was referring to The Beligum national team staff. I felt the gave the wrong prognosis that led to mismanaging . You brought Arsenal's errors , but that is irrelevant to the discussion on Veremaelen. You are correct even though Arsenal are to blame for others, not Veremaelen .

Great. Silva injured now.
All we need is KDB, Kompany, Fernandinho and Hart to pick up injuries to complete the set

Good challenge, cunt. :TU:

CQ5so9yW8AQuYbl.jpg

CQ5rLepWUAEdm4O.jpg

Last edited:
Does really suck for Aguero and Silva.
Their pretty likeable for being City players. Was that tackle on Silva as idiotic as the pictures make it seem?

Silva is the bigger miss for us

Bony is a decent PL striker to take over from Aguero, tho the CL is another matter.

Some will say that KDB can take over from Silva but he's purely more about goals/assists than dictating the entire game as Silva does

Kolarov done his hamstring in now too leaving us with no LBs available.

I just love international breaks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom