Manchester City Thread

I'd be surprised and alarmed if Fernandinho left. He's my POTY for us. I would hope tho that our summer transfer business renders him 4th choice (of 3) of our CMs. Would be a superb rotation player. Versatile too.

Zaba might leave and it will be a sad day if he does. Legs are going unfortunately. I think Denayer and Sagna will be our RBs

Kolarov rivals Moreno for worst fullback in the league defensively. He should go.

Yaya will probably go.

Navas, I'm not sure. He's a decent squad player imo, he shouldn't be playing so much. His flaws are obvious but he has qualities. He is what he is.

Dunno what's going to happen with the GK situation.

Dzeko has already been sold. Inter are contractually obliged to sign Jovetic, tho they're trying to wriggle out of it.

I don't see a future at City for Mangala and Delph under Pep. Both horrendous on the ball

Probably thought someone else headed it in.

Makes up for Aguero not getting yet another pen.

What a shit performance overall. Pellegrini keeps trying Delph on the left with Toure and Fernando in the centre. Keeps failing, unsurprising. Can't stand him.

Cgkf5_VZW0_AEZr4_V.jpg

Brahim Diaz called up by Spain youth setup

Noteworthy because Spain rarely call up youth players based outside of Spain

He's the only non foreign based player in there

Iheanacho 11 goals, 4 assists.
Goal every 81 minutes
Goal / Assist every 59 minutes.

Benzema limps off for Real
CRonaldo may not be 100%
As dodgy at the back as we are.

lets-do-this-shit.jpg

I think it's based on cumulative wealth, including property, assets, sponsorships etc.

for eg. Nasri has been on say £3m per year after tax for 5 years, has a few sponsorship deals, and owns a £1m mansion. Add in the wages he earnt at Arsenal and he probably has an amassed wealth of £22m

Hazard is on considerably more wages per year than Nasri but he's younger and has only been in the PL for a few years.

I'd pay Nasri a bit more if it meant he stayed injury free. He has been a big miss for us. Excellent player

Disappointing.

Pellegrini has ignored Iheanacho for months and then throws him on in the 1st half vs Real Madrid in a Champions League Semi Final. The man is backwards. Tonight was not the night for that.
You do not move your most in form player Kevin De Bruyne out of his best position for a kid in his first CL game, not when you have a LW on the bench. Our performance after the sub was poor having looked dangerous beforehand.
Without CRonaldo, and Benzema only lasting 45, this was a huge opportunity wasted and Pellegrini has to look at himself.
He stumbled upon the CL solution with Yaya not available and it led us to a CL SF but now ask him to make a decision and tactical change and he makes a mess of it. Another example of why a lot of City fans are happy to be seeing the back of him, even if he is a nice bloke.

Without CR7, Benzema, James and Isco Real look really average in attack. Only Bale has any threat and they only looked dangerous from corners. If we go out now it will be because of tonight. We should have been going there next week with a really good lead

RM lacked attacking proneness and still could`ve scored. I think they were expecting MCity to be more dangerous in the final 3rd. Either way guns blazing at the Bernabéu is a must. What happen to Sterling down the pecking order or lack fitness (injuries)

Dunno. He should have come on for Silva last night.

One of the problems with Pellegrini is that he doesn't improve players. Sterling has been our best player overall in the CL but his form in the PL has been patchy. It's like he has been told to not do the things that he did at Liverpool which made us buy him - ie. running at fullbacks with pace.
Sterling should benefit from Guardiola who makes a point of trying to coach individual players.

---

It's a piss take that Real get an extra 26 hours rest than us for the 2nd leg. We're away from home and yet we aren't allowed to play the Soton game a day earlier to help us in europe. One downside to us doing well in the CL is we have put to bed the prospect of England losing a CL spot. You can bet the authorities would be more helpful to our CL teams otherwise, regardless of TV

Last edited:
Not a bad result yesterday, Heart saved you with that world class save...that was fantastic.

I think City have a better chance to score at the Bernabeu, Real has to score and you will have space to counter...that suits Kevin better...

Unfortunately I think KDB may be moved out wide again.

------Fernando
Navas Dinho Toure KDB

tho he may go with

--Toure Fernando
Dinho KDB Sterling

Depends whether Toure is fit. Pity he was injured last night, we could have done with him for the last 20-30 mins

Iheanacho has the best goals to minutes ratio in Europe.

Bony has played twice as much as him

I give Pellegrini some credit for promoting him but then again it was obvious 2 years ago in preseason that he was a talent

eg.
Iheanacho is gonna be some player :ROCK:

Very impressive for a 17 yr old on his debut

But he has ignored him far too much and it may cost us and Pep CL football next season.
All evidence suggests we aren't going to beat Arsenal.

about Arsenal....anything can happen. I`d say this EVERYTHING depends on Wednesday. A good fighting spirit can go a long way. Today was just woeful ,but bigger fish to fry mid-week lol

Crappy week but at least the U18s won the league.

10 days to cement CL football and then begin a new era. Hopefully we sign the players Pep wants. The Pellegrini tenure signings have been pretty shit on the whole (not that he has managed any of the players particularly well)

We need at least 2 ballplaying CMs, another goalscorer and 2 defenders (more like 3 but Denayer should hopefully be included)

Can't be arsed with the 2 remaining game, like most Arsenal fans I suspect, I just want the season to end tbh

At least there's light at the end of the tunnel for your club. At The Arsenal its the same w/ a different calendar season. We hear everyone saying " get up switch side", but in the same boat! :yaw dust:

Nice of Aguero to look so up for this one...but you have to ask what happened midweek. Saving himself for Arsenal>?!

Arsenal don't really look...erm...arsed.

Never w'd of thought MCity out of the top 4. I didnt even notice the pts on the table just the ordinal . Mutd's LVG wins FACup n top 4 is Huge! Success.

Throwing the FA Cup and the Soton game so Utd can waltz away with the FA Cup and Top 4 was well worth not showing up vs Real Madrid :LMAO:

Back
Top Bottom