Manchester City Thread

Weekend was great, the match was a bit boring to be honest but there is plenty of potential there. Defiantly had the better chances than Valencia.

Town was great afterwords, amazing atmosphere ques for the food were huge, but i did get to the front of the beer tent que for it opening!

Well i know i would, if Sven doesnt get there first! :) Shes got to be the best lookin fotball director in England.

Remind us again Vann what the Glaziers did when they took over to welcome the fans, Oh yeah i remember Put the ticket prices up and sacked loads of staff, Genius!

You know your getting worried! ;)

Well since they took over we've won a few bits of silverware...

bought some great footballers...

OT now seats 76K...

but yeah they didnt put an "american day" on in town,

yeah I wish we had an exiled wanted criminal as our owner...

Weekend was great, the match was a bit boring to be honest but there is plenty of potential there. Defiantly had the better chances than Valencia.

you've gotta love sven, he's spent awhole heap of money on players he's only seen on dvd....

and then asked one of them why he joined manchester UNITED, its great to see sven back, quality!!

You forgot to mention the 800m+ debt he landed you with, that just keeps going up and up. Funny also i dont think Fergie would have seen Nani play until he bought him, Cmon his wife wont even let him goto this weeks friendlys! I suppose thats what scouts are for.....

Last edited:
you've gotta love sven, he's spent awhole heap of money on players he's only seen on dvd....

i'm not intersted in joining this verbal fight, but i don't think that's true.
elano, garrido, bianchi, bojinov, bresciano (:()... they're all very good players and they're all quite famous.... of course it takes to follow the others european leagues to know them..... :)

edit: i just heard bresciano will stay at palermo.... \\:o/
sorry guys :)

Last edited:
You forgot to mention the 800m+ debt he landed you with, that just keeps going up and up. Funny also i dont think Fergie would have seen Nani play until he bought him, Cmon his wife wont even let him goto this weeks friendlys! I suppose thats what scouts are for.....

your forget they keep turning huge profits... takes money to make money... so you dont think when he sells he wont get more then he paid? of course he will, the debt is a non-issue.

False. You didn't make enough 'profit' last financial year to pay even the interest.

Anyway, this is OUR thread, we don't raid yours, so kindly go. :)

sorry mate, not false. the debt is just money he owes himself, you obviously dont get it... he sells the club one day, he will make more money off selling the club then the interest plus the debt=profit... who the hell would buy the club and take on its debts, an idiot. So glazer would have to pay off the debts then sell the club most likely for a huge profit. Its a non-issue. Unless somehow they lose value and he cant make a profit(but the chance of that happening, is slim to none. were not talking about leeds here) Where with Man city, if they get relegated(which is quite possible, look out!)

who the hell would buy the club and take on its debts, an idiot.

You can't buy a business and "take on" it's debts, you have to pay off the outstanding debt as part of the buy-out price.

Learn business before you spout such rubbish.:roll:

Where with Man city, if they get relegated(which is quite possible, look out!)

Yawn. Do one to your own thread, rag.

Here you go, some facts for you to dwell on.

The Glazer Family paid a total of £921 million to buy United.

They borrowed at least £650 million* of that sum, some at 20% compound interest.

The terms of the debt, which has now been shifted onto the club, means that if it is not paid off it increases to £938 million within 5 years. That means the debt is growing at more than £300,000 per day. No. We're not kidding.

This isn't our spin on the situation either, for these figures aren't open to interpretation. The numbers above are the facts as spelled out in the Offer Documents posted by the Glazers at Allen & Overy during the bid period. There is ample evidence to indicate that the debt is not only real, it's likely to be crushing.

The debt clock in the sidebar (over there on the right side of the page) gives an approximate debt calculation -- and we've even given the Glazers the benefit of the doubt that the clock didn't start ticking until the end of June 2005!

Sure, you say, the numbers are pretty harrowing, but he must have a plan. They wouldn't have lent him the money without a plan, right?

At the time of this writing it was assumed that the Glazers would draw down their additional capital facilities of £109 million to yield a total of £650 million in debt with a daily interest cost at a shocking £300,000 per day which, over five years, would add up to £938 million. According to reports from the club, the Glazers never drew on those additional funds. In light of this, the total debt load at inception was £541 million and the daily interest cost was a still-astounding £205,000 per day during year 1.

Now it's year two, and while the some of the debt has been paid, the ticking time bomb known as the PiKs or hedge fund debt are now accruing interest at an even higher rate. This year the total interest cost will be £84.9 million, or about £233,000 PER DAY.

In light of these changes and to present as accurate a picture as possible we have adjusted the Debt Clock accordingly. Our calculations are based on the interest payment/principal repayment schedule from the Glazers so-called business plan.

i'm not intersted in joining this verbal fight, but i don't think that's true.
elano, garrido, bianchi, bojinov, bresciano (:()... they're all very good players and they're all quite famous.... of course it takes to follow the others european leagues to know them..... :)

edit: i just heard bresciano will stay at palermo.... \\:o/
sorry guys :)

I agree. Bresciano is a very hard worker and very effective. Bianchi and Bojinov, at their top, can score loads of goals.

You can't buy a business and "take on" it's debts, you have to pay off the outstanding debt as part of the buy-out price.

Learn business before you spout such rubbish.:roll:

Yawn. Do one to your own thread, rag.

wow someone knows alot about our off field business...

we're doin alright lad, so dont you worry ya little self about us...

we're doin alright lad, so dont you worry ya little self about us...

You keep telling yourself that and you might believe it!

Great performance at the weekend, best football ive seen us play in years and that after just two weeks training! Elano looks like some player and its great to hear the Gio Gio chants again. Looking forward to Wednesday and seeing if it really is a new begging or the same old city against Derby!

Great performance at the weekend, best football ive seen us play in years

you're spot on siddy played very well...

its too easy to take the piss out of siddy all the time, yous really havent had alot to shout about for a very long time...

its good to see siddy fans optimistic for once....

There's a few clubs in the Premiership I never really take much notice of, such as Blackburn, Everton, Man City - and bugger me, (arguably) the best football on the opening day of the season was from them.

I'll tell you what, I'm liking the look of City now, very exciting stuff. Those new signings look fantastic, would get a game for any British club I reckon. My first game of PES/FIFA will be Man City v Man United. :D

We were stunning last night. Such a refreshing change from Psycho's negative tactics. Free flowing, great passing, creative..it was just great to watch.

Derby played well, created their own opportunities, they certainly weren't over-awed by the atmosphere.

They're fast becoming my favourite Premiership team. A joy to watch on Match of the Day last night; the new signings are working together as if they've been teammates for years, some of the moves were straight out of a top-drawer Serie A match.

Sven for England! :D

Im still finding it hard to believe, we are seriously playing awesome football.The atmosphere was cracking in the second half last night, ref was a bit toss but what can you do... Usually going into the derby im just optamistic and full of bravado but this time i really do think we will win.

Hark now here, the City sing, United ran away, and we will fight forever more because of derby day!

Ooh almost forgot Tranaldo...:lmao:

Im still finding it hard to believe, we are seriously playing awesome football.The atmosphere was cracking in the second half last night, ref was a bit toss but what can you do... Usually going into the derby im just optamistic and full of bravado but this time i really do think we will win.

I wouldn't put it past Sven bitch slapping whiskey nose into more misery, if the mancs get 3 points from this particular derby they'd have done very well.

Hark now here, the City sing, United ran away, and we will fight forever more because of derby day!

Ooh almost forgot Tranaldo...:lmao:

Well, even if by some miracle they beat us, we'll still be a point clear of them. :lmao:

BLUEEEE MOOOONNN!

Putting all bitterness to the side, you lot are playing some good stuff and are off to flyer. United not the best of starts but it has to get better somewhere, should be a cracking game. Good luck gents

Back
Top Bottom