Manchester City Thread

Of course they do. Nearly every town in Europe/ROTW has a football team now.

You telling me all the guys at Evo-Web who 'support' Barcelona AND Arsenal AND 'flavour of the month team' don't have a team playing where they live?! :CONFUSE:

Anyway, we're all off topic.

City v Villa tonight. COME ON THE CITTTYYYYY!

so what?! lol... your teams would be nowhere without players from different countries for example..if they stayed home, what if people support any clubs that they like? i support hockey in my town - country, but not corrupted shite football with nothing to look on.. that´s why i support best league team since i liked players that played for it in past and started to follow..your ideas seriously are a little bit like communism.

i can support whatever team i want..even english fans can´t afford to go to view matches because high ticket prices... so if they don´t follow the team in stadium means they are not true fans?... then why your teams make summer tours to all around the world? Also lot´s of english fans from different towns like London support different town´s teams..so according to your theory i have to be resident of the country to support only team from my country or i have to have approval in my ID that i´m from same town that my club is :D

grow up.

Last edited:
Grow up? Coming from the guy who had a meltdown on Wed night! Pipa, your posts on that Liverpool forum are doing the rounds right now on here, Grand Old Team and Red Cafe, people are finding them hilarious because it seems like they were written by a 10 year old.

Your delusion when it comes to Liverpool is funny though, but I do like you - you're a nice lad. Friends?

Of course they do. Nearly every town in Europe/ROTW has a football team now.

Of course they don't, are you really that dense? (depends on what you mean by "team", read below)

You telling me all the guys at Evo-Web who 'support' Barcelona AND Arsenal AND 'flavour of the month team' don't have a team playing where they live?! :CONFUSE:

There might be a team but it might not be a professional team, like in my case. The closest professional teams are from natural rival towns when it comes to sport in general so I'm not going to actively support any of them. Besides, as I've said before, I support players as much as teams because I'm getting a bit too old and educated for blind support.

Last edited:
Of course they don't, are you really that dense? (depends on what you mean by "team", read below)

There might be a team but it might not be a professional team, like in my case. The closest professional teams are from natural rival towns when it comes to sport in general so I'm not going to actively support any of them. Besides, as I've said before, I support players as much as teams because I'm getting a bit too old and educated for blind support.

Why do you support Dortmund if you live in Sweden? Were you born in Germany and moved later in life? If so, that's fair.

Otherwise, why don't you support a Swedish team? I simply don't understand why/how someone "supports" a team that is in another country - what connection to the club do you have?

It's weird.

My grandparents lived in Dormund from before I was born and until they died, but they were not German. I have no connection to the club other than attending a few home matches when I was a kid. I've lived in so many cities and towns in Sweden, Norway and Denmark that I don't really feel at home anywhere, or actually... anywhere I lay my head is home...

Teams aren't local products anymore anyway, so I don't understand how you feel your "local" club is so precious. Their location is coincidental and their names have lost any real meaning. How many players does Spurs got in the main squad that grew up in the area? Football is all about business and none about feelings. I just happen to enjoy the entertainment.

That must be one of the most shallow things I've ever read.

I think it's shallow to support a team which you have only seen play on an illegal internet stream, but there you go.

These are my opinions remember. I am old fashioned. If I was born and raised in Holland, I'd be supporting Twente or whichever City I was in. I wouldn't support a German or English team, no way. Why would I?

I support Spurs because I was born in the area. I have been to see my team play for over 20 years. I have that connection.

It's impossible to feel that unless you've stood/sat shoulder to shoulder with other supporters, sang the songs, ate the bad food and shared stories walking out of the stadium.

That's what makes a true supporter.

And for the record, I don't live near White Hart Lane anymore. But I haven't changed my team and I still travel to see us play home and away many times a season.

Last edited:
Why? I'm not being racist am I? My mother is Italian and my dad is a Londoner. She supports Parma (where she is from) and my father doesn't like football.

Listen, I have strong feelings on this. I always have done. No-one can ever be 'right' or 'wrong' with this kind of thing, it's all about opinion.

But this is the Man City thread, we've gone waaaaay off topic. I would say "Sorry, City supporters" but there is only one here so, Godotelli, apologies to you chap :LOL:

Last edited:
Why? I'm not being racist am I? My mother is Italian and my dad is a Londoner. She supports Parma (where she is from) and my father doesn't like football.

Listen, I have strong feelings on this. I always have done. No-one can ever be 'right' or 'wrong' with this kind of thing, it's all about opinion.

But this is the Man City thread, we've gone waaaaay off topic. I would say "Sorry, City supporters" but there is only one here so, Godotelli, apologies to you chap :LOL:

I wasn't referring to race, but the Little Englander style posts, having a go at someone for supporting multiple or non local teams, sentences stated as facts ("thats what makes a true supporter") and then the pseudo "its only an opinion" schtick is getting old.

Or to put it another way, you sound like a bit of a...
Rooster_portrait2.jpg

I bet he loved football until he had a couple of conversations about it with you :PP

It's useless to argue with some people. A big waste of time and intellect, really.

So you still can't back up your claims to why my comments and beliefs are wrong?

It's easy to call someone else "thick" on the Internet, it's a get out clause. But you still haven't explained why you support Chelsea instead of a team in your country. Do you understand the tradition, culture and heritage of a team which plays 100s of miles away? Why Chelsea, because they started winning stuff 10 years ago?

Nothing worse than a fan who picks and chooses their teams based on money and success. Sickening.

So you still can't back up your claims to why my comments and beliefs are wrong?

It's easy to call someone else "thick" on the Internet, it's a get out clause. But you still haven't explained why you support Chelsea instead of a team in your country. Do you understand the tradition, culture and heritage of a team which plays 100s of miles away? Why Chelsea, because they started winning stuff 10 years ago?

Nothing worse than a fan who picks and chooses their teams based on money and success. Sickening.

Who gives a crap why people support the teams they do as long as it makes them happy?

I think the people that get so upset about people who support other teams not in their local areas have the real problem.

It's great IMO to see Africans/Asians/Americans whoever, supporting Arsenal.

You probably don't go to the games though Bobby so wouldn't understand what it's like. Us matchgoing fans pay a fortune following our team every season - WE are the proper fans.

I think it's shallow to support a team which you have only seen play on an illegal internet stream, but there you go.

These are my opinions remember. I am old fashioned. If I was born and raised in Holland, I'd be supporting Twente or whichever City I was in. I wouldn't support a German or English team, no way. Why would I?

I support Spurs because I was born in the area. I have been to see my team play for over 20 years. I have that connection.

It's impossible to feel that unless you've stood/sat shoulder to shoulder with other supporters, sang the songs, ate the bad food and shared stories walking out of the stadium.

That's what makes a true supporter.

And for the record, I don't live near White Hart Lane anymore. But I haven't changed my team and I still travel to see us play home and away many times a season.
I live in South Africa. Am I allowed to support Barcelona also when we were banned from international support I supported Argentinian football which I still do whilst hoping we (RSA) can qualify for a WC again before I leave gods green earth. By your logic I should stop watching La liga, WC, UCL

I cried for both teams and ran out in the streets shouting for joy when they're 1000s of miles away. I have a connection to both

Stop being a dumbass

Last edited:
You are just a glory hunter. Why didn't you support Villareal? Why Barcelona?

You see, this is my point - there are lots of people here who choose the teams they like because they win stuff OR have fancy players (or both)

You are not proper supporters, end of story!

Last edited:
You probably don't go to the games though Bobby so wouldn't understand what it's like. Us matchgoing fans pay a fortune following our team every season - WE are the proper fans.

YOU are a proper douche that is what you are.

I used to go to the games all of the time, but now I live abroad.

I know you are a WUM but its so hard not to answer you :PP

Clearly only proper British residents can be fans of the Premier League. Their dedication to their fandom will be measured by:
The number of matches they attend each year x
The number of tattoos they have relating to their team x
The number of times they nod their head to Daily Mail articles each year

In fact, all airings of matches will now feature a large watermark across the screening reading 'You are all sh*t fans, go to the match'.

Anyway. City have a small match against West Ham on Sunday. Not much on the line, should be fairly dull. I see Alladerchi is tooting the 'Liverpool is the neutral's choice' line again. I'm not at all bored of being told who I support in the title race. Oh and Andy Carroll is actually really good against City. 5 goals! Not bad.

I think City will draw, which will make the 3-3 of 'Crystanbul' that little bit more meaningful.

YOU are a proper douche that is what you are.

I used to go to the games all of the time, but now I live abroad.

I know you are a WUM but its so hard not to answer you :PP

You don't need to personally attack me chap - I'm a lovely guy with differing opinions to you, that's all! :BOP:

I wish, I could stop supporting Arsenal. That's for sure!! A decade of heartaches XD! I get where SB is coming from though during my Highbury days I was alway asked through amazement 'What was' my correlation to Arsenal granted the (.com ) online era wasn't like today. They were intrigue by my love for Arsenal so much . Today ,we are treated like family n such . Their homes is our home and my is theirs...they visit me much more though and stay a bit longer then I expected and bring a tad more extended family n such.

Edit: my ( mines)

Last edited:
Nice post Bebo, thanks for that :)

Its nice to read people stories' of going to the game. I love it, no better feeling than sitting on the terrace with good friends, singing the songs, laughing when the ref or opposing player falls over...

everything about it so beautiful.

You are just a glory hunter. Why didn't you support Villareal? Why Barcelona?

You see, this is my point - there are lots of people here who choose the teams they like because they win stuff OR have fancy players (or both)

You are not proper supporters, end of story!
End of story my arse.

No its the brand of football they play.

I vividly remember watching them lose to Steaua Bucharest in the then European cup and suffered the long spells without much silverware and watching Figo join real who are the team that I should support if I were a glory hunter

So tell me you happy with the non english players in the Tottenham squad that aren't from your hometown?

Back
Top Bottom