Manchester City Thread

title recipe? well, having a little bit of ex yugoslavia in the squad :D ;)

b_140511055.jpg

congtarts to lads above and whole man. city! well deserved title!

Last edited:
I love watching City and they dont have any players I dont like (apart from Nasri, what a muppet)

Pellegrini such a nice man too.

So glad Liverpool didnt win it in the end, Sky Sports News and forums across the land would be unbearable right now. City fans more down-to-earth than Liverpool's.

Fernando "The Octopus" Reges is set to sign very soon.

It's suggested that we will pay Porto a hefty sum for him and in return get Mangala for a cheaper amount due to the latter's third party ownership (Porto only own him 56%)

Porto fans rate him very highly. From what I've seen of him he is exactly what we need. We never replaced De Jong and this guy looks like a much more athletic, stronger version of him. Nailed on to be a fan favourite.

Javi Garcia has improved recently but he's clearly not mobile enough and his touch is subpar. Supposedly off to Inter.

Godo, you been following the FFP stuff? City really do look like they've got to be careful from here on in.

I never thought UEFA would actually get serious with this but they are.

Godo, you been following the FFP stuff? City really do look like they've got to be careful from here on in.

I never thought UEFA would actually get serious with this but they are.

Hard to comment on it really until we know how UEFA have assessed our accounts.

I can't see the Etihad deal being in danger. It's much more likely that it is the "IP rights" sales. I don't have the accounts in front of me but IIRC the IP sales amount to around 50m over the 2 year monitoring period.
They could have devalued them by just 5m and it would mean that we would have failed FFP because our FFP accounts would drop instantly by atleast 85m (5m for the devalued IP deals and a further 80m for the pre-July 2010 player contracts)
The reason it'd drop 85m instead of 5m is because clubs can only exclude the wages of players signed before July 2010 (before FFP came into force) if the only reason they would fail FFP is because of those contracts.
However, in such a scenario, we can exclude them next season and easily pass FFP. This would be because we are expected to break even this season with revenue increasing to 404m Euros. Once non FFP spending is excluded we'd be in profit as far as FFP would be concerned so would only fail FFP because of the Pre-July 2010 contracts.
If it all plays out like the above it would mean we could probably still spend around 50-70m net this summer. I think we'll probably play it safe tho.

It really depends what UEFA have done and the announcement was expected yesterday. Winning the title may have given us some extra bargaining power. Who knows?

Last edited:
Winning the title in itself has reportedly pocketed City £40 million. Then there is the £30 million for getting CL footy, so there's 70 mill before you kick a ball next season.

I know I've joked in the past about the 'oil clubs' but you've made things interesting. I think what City are doing for the local communities in the East side of Manchester is nothing short of amazing.

Next season will be incredibly interesting what with Utd getting a proper manager (maybe) and new signings, Liverpool being stronger, Arsenal being stronger, Chelsea with new signings and Mourinho always comes good in his 2nd season and (DONT LAUGH) Spurs under Pochetino and hopefully a striker!

Fernando "The Octopus" Reges is set to sign very soon.

It's suggested that we will pay Porto a hefty sum for him and in return get Mangala for a cheaper amount due to the latter's third party ownership (Porto only own him 56%)

Porto fans rate him very highly. From what I've seen of him he is exactly what we need. We never replaced De Jong and this guy looks like a much more athletic, stronger version of him. Nailed on to be a fan favourite.

Javi Garcia has improved recently but he's clearly not mobile enough and his touch is subpar. Supposedly off to Inter.

fernando is like the second coming of gilberto silva. I think he will be a success in epl.

I am a Porto fan. Let me tell you what I think of Fernando. Firstly I think I need to say that he is the best and the most important player in Porto. This season was a really bad season for Porto and believe me when I say that if Mangala and Fernando didn't exist, Porto had finish the championship in 5th or 6th instead of 3th. They kept the team on foot!

About Fernando habilites I must say that he is not very fast but he is a very important player in any team. Also, I want to say that he is strong, shoots pretty well, passes very well too and he is very smart.

I am sure he will be a sucess in Man City!

I am a Porto fan. Let me tell you what I think of Fernando. Firstly I think I need to say that he is the best and the most important player in Porto. This season was a really bad season for Porto and believe me when I say that if Mangala and Fernando didn't exist, Porto had finish the championship in 5th or 6th instead of 3th. They kept the team on foot!

About Fernando habilites I must say that he is not very fast but he is a very important player in any team. Also, I want to say that he is strong, shoots pretty well, passes very well too and he is very smart.

I am sure he will be a sucess in Man City!

Thanks for the info :) He must be faster than Javi Garcia tho, no one is as slow as him!

From the clips on Youtube he looks like a beast at tackling. Loves a sliding challenge :D

He's supposedly not gone on holiday yet so that he can sign for us. Pity he won't be going to the World Cup but it should mean he's fresh for next season.

Thanks for the info :) He must be faster than Javi Garcia tho, no one is as slow as him!

From the clips on Youtube he looks like a beast at tackling. Loves a sliding challenge :D

He's supposedly not gone on holiday yet so that he can sign for us. Pity he won't be going to the World Cup but it should mean he's fresh for next season.

Fernando is definitely not faster or stronger than De Jong. But his tactical knowledge and position are far superior. But he is a classical DMF, cannot play the Box-to-Box role (that Fernandinho plays). Let's see if Pellegrini would adopt a 4-3-3 to suit his skills. But since the strongest of your team lays in the two striker combination, I reckon he will spend most of his time on the bench, which is a pity, really.

Mangala has all the tools to be a top CB, he is incredible fast for his size, very strong, but this season was a disastrous for him. Too many stupid errors, terrible position at times and lapses of concentration all around. But since there are so many big teams with a desperate need at CB (Man C, Man U (2), Liverpool, Barça, Monaco, Milan, Inter) and so few top prospects available in the market, City will have to pay big time money, despite the mediocre season.
Maybe with a top manager like Pellegrini to set him straight (and the leadership and tactical knowledge of Kompany will help tremendously.

PS: The Javi Garcia signing was always a head-scratcher for me. He at times, in the more tactical, slower pace Portuguese League, had difficulties keeping up with faster players, although his strength, work rate and position were phenomenal. Hope he goes for Spain or Italy (or ideally Germany, he would fit like a glove on that league, but the German sides do not have the money to pay his wages, I reckon). He's such a nice guy.

Supposedly City and Porto have agreed £16.3m for Fernando

Given, Mangala, Sagna, Fernando and either Barkley or Fabregas would be a very nice summer

make-it-so-captain.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, Shay Given. No point having a Romanian who barely plays when we can, given that we're going to be losing the likes of Lescott, use that spot for a HG player

Last edited:
But isn't Romania also a part of the EU now? If so, he won't take up a place of foreign talent quota.

And given that Given has given signs he's giving in to ageing and is now given to making bad mistakes, I'd give up giving him another chance at a top flight club.

I'd keep the Romanian giant if I were you.

Fernando, like Javi Garcia before him, is best suited to playing as a lone DM and looked out of place when Porto experimented with 4-2-3-1 this season.

He's not enough of an all rounder to play as part of a double pivot, IMO.

Fernando, like Javi Garcia before him, is best suited to playing as a lone DM and looked out of place when Porto experimented with 4-2-3-1 this season.

I am sure City and all of their pro scouts and manager know better than you, no offence.

But like you say, IYO - that is fine. But I think with good coaching he can play anywhere in front of defence. Very talented player.

'Double Pivot' seems to be a hipster football phrase too. I hate it.

Last edited:
But isn't Romania also a part of the EU now? If so, he won't take up a place of foreign talent quota.

And given that Given has given signs he's giving in to ageing and is now given to making bad mistakes, I'd give up giving him another chance at a top flight club.

I'd keep the Romanian giant if I were you.

HG means being born and/or trained as a youngster in the UK. Eg. Fabregas is considered HG

That's generally where he'll play

There's something very perverse about Cesc Fabregas qualifying as 'home grown' for Manchester City if he moves from Barca.

I am sure City and all of their pro scouts and manager know better than you, no offence.

But like you say, IYO - that is fine. But I think with good coaching he can play anywhere in front of defence. Very talented player.

'Double Pivot' seems to be a hipster football phrase too. I hate it.

Got to agree with Aboutreika18. He does not have the depth of game to play more of an offensive role, which is asked of a double pivot. Although, he probably grown up playing in that system in Brazil (almost every team used it). He didn't play very well in when Porto used that system, but maybe it was out of frustration. And in England his limited skill with the ball will not be noticed that much since there’s more space in the middle compared to the Portuguese League.

Btw "double pivot" maybe a hipster phrase in England, but it's a term that makes you realize exactly what type of functions that player is asked to do. It was been used in Latin countries since I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom