Manchester City Thread

How are you guys actually lowering the wages? Whenever I read anything about wages from different clubs they are always getting higher, bigger tv deals inflates everything. So how can City lower the wages? Are the new players really that much more cheaper? How many players are actually being sold? The squad seems pretty balanced to me and without a huge second tier of players. Who in Chelsea's case get loaned out.

Players have been put on a different wage structure with lower basic wage and performance bonuses playing a bigger part.

Players signed and resigned in the last year or so have been put on this structure. The likes of Negredo, Navas etc were signed on 75k.

Soriano reportedly fell off his chair when he saw how much the likes of Bridge, Barry, Lescott, Adebayor, Tevez et al. were on and so got rid.
Also, last year's wage bill that has been doing the rounds in the media, and even quoted by Rodgers, was inflated by the club putting Mancini and his team's 10m+ payoff in with it.

We'll be ok

2 best clubs won a trophies...hope now ,no one wants to leave us to join yous again..See ya at the Community shield:APPLAUD: we are brothers in trophiess! we both won the double ! FACup/CL spot :WORSHIP:

Yep, the two managers that said they could win went on and won.

Maybe the "little horse" and the "chihuahua" will grow some balls between then from now on?

:SMUG:

Yep, the two managers that said they could win went on and won.

Maybe the "little horse" and the "chihuahua" will grow some balls between then from now on?

:SMUG:

Let's not be too arrogant. Even though we had the better season let's be humble about it. Deep inside they know their club did f' all n only two did the business this season ... Liverpool n Chelsea tried but fell short ... I'm glad my club knows how to to finish the season w/ a parade. Again let be humble for we are not peasants they are:)

Did you go to Wembley for the game, Bebo? If Spurs were there I would have tried everything to get to the final.

No I did not go... I promise myself the next final I 'd go. My son and his cousin are on their way to Lisbon for the CL final . He's in Spain ...

I was born in the Dominican Republica. I lived in Cambridge 5 month w/ cousin she got married , her hubby kicked me out 1992 ;( My brother worked at Lockheed Martin in Ipswich doesn't like football more of a rugby/ stick ball fan.I moved to Puerto Rico 6 month went to study then transfer to NY for 4 yrs ( school) until Visa expired. I went to Spain ( 2 month lol) w/ roomate over the break met my wife . I took her away from her racist family lol. We moved to Miami w/ the promise we w'd raise our kids in Spain. Me n 2 kids have US citizenship my oldest and wife is not. So , I lied to her ... When her father stop calling me a kidnapper to my kids I think about moving back to her forsaken country no pun intended!

That why I encourage my kids to travel the world to appreciate life. I prefer they go to see Museum and not football matches. That's my life in a nutshell . My travels gave me treasures in friendships. That was before social media too. My son has a massive group of lovely ppl due to social media .He has a special girl he goes to see in Stafford about 5x a year . Let's see if he kidnaps her like his old man ... Cheers for let me share!

To answer you one question I was born Dpminican Republic a Country in the Caribbean we follow French laws. 4Hours behind the UK

Thanks Bebo, nice post :)

I have been on holiday there a few times, nice country! I preferred Tobago though, stunning island.

closer to Canary Islands then Caribbean :P

Erm...no it's not?

But I love the Caribbean too. Spent a fair amount of time down there - some islands are literally the chillest places on Earth. Just gorgeous. We feel positively urban relative to some.

So, erm football.

If City sell James Milner they'll have 1 English player in and around the first team. Odd.

I think we're aiming for the smallest CL squad in history. Going Old School with 2 subs :)

Can't see Milner being sold. Pretty sure we've offered him a new contract, along with Hart, Kolarov, Dzeko, Nasri

Oh and Bermuda is better ...at least when the goat is there

His agent is infamous for making stupid remarks. Yaya wants to leave (again) because we didn't give him a birthday cake?

It's the stupidest thing I have ever heard

I think he's retarded tbh

Last edited:
Yaya is the Man City's drama queen I think. The thing is, all of these overpaid huge egos now can usually say what they want and get away with it.

The modern footballer is an idiot.

Well, Yaya has joked about and rubbished the claims on twitter.

He still needs to put a leash on his idiot agent tho

"He got a cake but when it was Roberto Carlos's birthday, the president of Anzhi gave him a Bugatti," Seluk told BBC Sport.
"I don't expect City to present Yaya with a Bugatti, we only asked that they shook his hand and said 'we congratulate you'. It is the minimum they must do when it is his birthday and the squad is all together.

Say what you want but ...

Hang on, so Yaya Toure does have an issue with Manchester City then? Now he's tweeted: Everything Dimitri said is true. He speaks for me. I will give an interview after World Cup to explain.
This is never going to end, is it?

There's a new problem when money is not an issue , but how you flourish it. I'm glad this came out publicly. ManCity needs to put a stop to this or every footballer will just expect £2m in a birthday card for a gift .

Such a ridiculous situation.

If all this is true, it has nothing to do with City and everything to do with Yaya having a chip on his shoulder (as evidenced by his silly remarks lately about being black)

He contradicts himself with his latest tweets but the most annoying thing is that he'll wait until after the World Cup? I'd rather transfer list him now.

Popcorn time! Yaya is off, without a doubt.

First Tevez, now him. You will always get this at the lottery winning clubs like Chelsea, PSG and Man City though.

Let's be honest - did Aguero/Silva/Yaya always dream of playing for Man City? Not a chance, they probably thought they were signing for Manchester Red! The ££££ is what they originally went there for, even Dani Alves recently said that he didn't realise there were two teams in Manchester!

I do think that Aguero and Silva love City now though, they've grown into the side. Yaya not so much.

Last edited:
10366070_678207055561296_7823657967988120997_n.jpg

Popcorn time! Yaya is off, without a doubt.

First Tevez, now him. You will always get this at the lottery winning clubs like Chelsea, PSG and Man City though.

Let's be honest - did Aguero/Silva/Yaya always dream of playing for Man City? Not a chance, they probably thought they were signing for Manchester Red! The ££££ is what they originally went there for, even Dani Alves recently said that he didn't realise there were two teams in Manchester!

I do think that Aguero and Silva love City now though, they've grown into the side. Yaya not so much.

It doesn't help that he has a loony agent but he's obviously been pissed off at not getting the PL awards or being recognised more seriously at the Ballon D'Or (finishing 12th with most of his votes coming from fellow Africans) with it culminating in his outburst about racism.

As for today, this could have all been kept behind the scenes if not for his mouthy agent. It's comedic but to leave it up in the air until after the WC is a pisstake. He talks about respect but will leave the fans and the club (who have transfer business to sort out) hanging? Not on.

I'd have no qualms about swapping him for Fabregas now if given the chance and then go after Pogba ( I think he qualifies as HG and wouldn't need to go into the CL A list) as his long term replacement.

It's not even City's fault. We gave Gerrard the cake to deliver but he slipping on his fucking arse :(

Anyway, potentially some good news from today is that Eurosport is reporting that our CL squad will only have to encompass 5 HG slots instead of 8, meaning that our A List/Foreigners can be 16 strong instead of 13.

We've also bought a stake in three-time J-League champions, Yokohama Marinos, which sees us go into partnership with Nissan (maybe we can send one round to Yaya's house? )

Last edited:
Rumours Sagna signs a 3 yr deal ( £140k a week) Arsenal only offered a 2yrs at £ 80k . Good luck that's a great deal for a 31yrs. Old.

Hmmm can't see him being on 140k, not with the way Ferran and Begiristain do the wages.

Will be a decent signing tho.

City's rivals Manchester United are believed to have offered the 31-year-old free agent £1m more a season, but he only wanted Champions League football.

adds a little bit of icing to the cake if true

edit: shouldn't really mention cake today :P

Back
Top Bottom