Manchester City Thread

We'll see lots of stories like that this summer. So far United have been linked in the press with players worth about 1.8bn pounds in total suggested transfer fees.

Sounds like everyone is seriously in the know.

Maybe you can sell that Japanese team your research into South American inside forwards for 10m or so, to offset Yaya's new contract demands.

CL football is just more enticing than money alone :SMUG:

Deal with it :COOL:

On more important matters, Mansour has denied that he drives a Lamborghini. He drives a Range Rover :(

Last edited:
Don't knock Joey. He tried his best to hand you the title, remember? :))

If you thought 'cakegate' was weird, it just got weirder

Yaya's agent has now said that Yaya doesn't want cake, a Bugatti or a handshake, he wants a coaching role when he retires

:CONF:

Last edited:
Looks like they're enjoying some media attention/fun and entertaining us 'til the world cup is here.

Not a bad job so far.

To be honest I'd take Zabaleta before Sagna.

And have to say, Vincent Kompany in the team of the year? There must have been some bad centre halfs in England last year if he made it in the team.

I think the guy is class, but for me he was bang average last year.

As for Yaya, think the guy is the best player in England by a distance, but this cake incident, lol, what a baby.

FD

With Yaya it's still getting more ridiculous ...
"“PSG has become one (of the) strongholds in Europe. It would be an honour to be part of such a club one day. If I could help…”

ManCity n this league has offered him everything except a cake lol...

Ridiculous behavior (behaviour ?) from Touré.

I agree with FD that Kompany should not be in the team of the year, he had a very average season.

Ridiculous behavior (behaviour ?) from Touré.

I agree with FD that Kompany should not be in the team of the year, he had a very average season.

Since Touré is in the UK, you can say behaviour :)

I can't believe he's offering himself like this to PSG. Right after winning the league.
Is he butthurt with English football?
He supposedly said some stupid stuff about racists running the game, etc. Just because Luis Suarez won the PFA award?
And there was talk about the votes for Touré coming only from fellow Africans.
Jesus, I suggest they count how many African players voted for white players, then you'd get a feel for who are really racists.

People have to be careful not to become too sensitive over such stuff, whereas anything they don't like is labelled racism.
Suarez was the best player of the Premier League by a distance, period.

If all this was true, I've lost a ton of respect for Touré. Footballers never cease to disappoint.

touré can offer himself as much as he wants but there no way PSG can get away with signing david luiz for £50m and touré, how can they buy more players when they already failed FFP?

not all race related issues is racism. I always have respect for what a footballer does on the pitch(mostly ;)). Now, what they do off it is completely different.

the level of defending in the PL is average at best these days so he's the best of an average bunch I guess ;))

Kompany is never average. Best CB in the PL by some distance.

Jesus, you have your head so far up most of Cities squad arses that you could lick their wives g-spots. Kompany was average, a lot of other defenders played better than him, he may still be up with the best in the league but that's cause Prem defending is getting worse every year - including Kompany himself.

Jesus, you have your head so far up most of Cities squad arses that you could lick their wives g-spots. Kompany was average, a lot of other defenders played better than him, he may still be up with the best in the league but that's cause Prem defending is getting worse every year - including Kompany himself.

OK, pal, whatever you say...

:ROLL:

I just read an interview with Kolpany himself where he said that didn't have his best season.
He is once again the Kompany from 3 or 4 years ago, prone to make litle mistakes now and then. As a cb, you can't afford to do that.

I just read an interview with Kolpany himself where he said that didn't have his best season.
He is once again the Kompany from 3 or 4 years ago, prone to make litle mistakes now and then. As a cb, you can't afford to do that.

Do u think kos from arsenal is better

Sergio Aguero ‏@aguerosergiokun 10h
So thrilled after seeing all the birthday wishes I'm receiving from everywhere in the world. Thank you, from the heart!

tumblr_m75yrj5gWE1rpymjx.gif

Nice easy start to the season then...

Newcastle away
Liverpool home
Stoke home
Arsenal away
(CL)
Chelsea home

We have a nice run in tho

so...it want b-day cake I guess...

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/other/yaya-city-didnt-let-me-stay-with-dying-brother-634358.html

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure claims the club were unwilling to let him spend time with his dying brother Ibrahim before joining their post-season trip to Abu Dhabi.
Ibrahim Toure, who had been suffering from cancer, died in Manchester last week at the age of 28.
After the news emerged, his brothers Yaya and Liverpool defender Kolo Toure decided to stay in Brazil, where they have been with the Ivory Coast squad at the World Cup.
But on www.francefootball.fr, Yaya Toure has been quoted as saying he had wanted to be with Ibrahim before joining up with the national team – and that he could not due to City’s Barclays Premier League title celebrations.
He said: “City did not want to give me a few days.
“I went to celebrate in the wake of the league title in Abu Dhabi, while my brother was dying in his bed.
“In retrospect, I regret not having insisted. For not making them respect me.
“However, my employers knew that I was suffering for a few months seeing my brother’s health decline.”
Toure also said of Ibrahim: “He was my confidant, my best friend too.”
City have declined to comment on Toure’s remarks, although it is understood the club have always granted compassionate leave requests in the past.
Toure’s agent Dimitry Seluk claimed in May there was a “big possibility” Toure could soon leave the club because he felt under-appreciated and disrespected by them, with a chief complaint being that his 31st birthday - which clashed with the Abu Dhabi trip – was insufficiently marked by the Blues.
Toure wrote on Twitter at the time of Seluk’s comments: ”Everything dimitry said is true.
“He speaks for me. I will give an interview after world cup to explain.”

It's nonsense. The club, like most clubs, would be, and always has been, very understanding and more than willing to give players time off in these types of circumstances (Mancini, Zabaleta, Tevez, Adebayor just to name a few in recent years)
Besides, he went to Qatar the day after the party in Abu Dhabi. He didn't go home.

I'm not about to think he's going to use his little brother's death to push for a move so, until given reason to think otherwise, I'm chalking it up to grief.

With that said, I do get the feeling that Yaya might be a little... let's say 'childlike' mentally speaking.

Last edited:
With rumours of us letting the Beast go I'm glad we've signed the Octopus. You always need an animal in your squad - tho LFC took this too far!

Godo, I know my club very well, and I am sure Porto will only release Fernando for 24m £ at least (30m €)

He's (finally!) signed for €15m

I take it we have a bargain at half the price? :)

nope, obviously miguell was exaggerating. think the price is justified but fernando is a very good player in his position nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom