Manchester City Thread

You've got to laugh :LOL:

On the day we signed Demichellis someone on here, a Bayern fan, I think, called him "Disaster Demi". Turns out he wasn't joking!

Pellegrini's obsession with him has cost us big already this season and yet he keeps picking him. Insanity.

The manager needs to sort his head out, he's going to hand the title to Jose, you can't blame the player for being picked.

Hope Uwe wins the cup. Top man :TU:

Last edited:
An architect doesn't have to rely on being sharp in a dynamic environment like a football match. I'd expect such a big game in UEFA's flagship competition not to put in the hands of a ref who has been twiddling his thumbs for 3 months.

Navas fouled and no pen. 2 mistakes on his part that ended up killing the game for us.

The linesman gave the offside. The damage was already done before that.

No, we only have to be on the ball for 50 hours a week taking rules, regulations and deadlines in to consideration....its not as easy as running about twice for 45min to check whether someone kicked the other person! :TTTH: :P

I can totally see City going through tonight. Hoping for an early City goal and some late drama.

Would be a big statement, especially after dropping out of the FA cup this weekend.

Lose to Wigan at home, beat Barca away? sounds like something we'd do.

Can't see it tho.

Totally relaxed tonight for a change. Nothing to lose. Quite happy with the lineup. Might have gone with Clichy over Kolarov tho. Kolarov is slow and quite rash sometimes ...but then again, he could pop up with a Kolarocket...

Just hope for a decent showing and the ref having a quiet game

You need luck to beat the best teams. Have had plenty so far, need to use it.

Aguero had one successful pass in the first half - the kick off.

City were excellent, but they need some good defenders.
Lescott and Milner are not good enough for this level.
I really enjoy this match.

Agreed, Lescott showed why Mancini threw Nastasic into the CL straight away and Pelegrini still fancies Demichellis over him (tho I guess it's a toss-up between the two who is worse), He's just got no agility at all, like he's made of wood. Milner's a decent squad player, too prone to wild shifts in form - one game he can look brilliant, the next a pub team plodder

Quite happy with how we played. Had the chances just didn't put them away which is a pity because I could have seen Barca buckle.

Vinnie deserved his goal. The guy is just world class. Deserves a top quality partner.

Ref was shite. Where do we get em from?

Kompany had a terrible game. Consistently caught up the pitch and was skinned far too easily.

He's some way away from the level he was playing a couple of seasons ago.

Kompany had a terrible game. Consistently caught up the pitch and was skinned far too easily.

Llama+disapproves.+I+WAS+ONCE+A+TREEHOUSE+I+LIVED+IN_115687_3291678.gif

Think he meant Lescott. But either way I don't think CBs should be criticised separately apart from individual mistakes.

In my opinion, Kompany had a good game, but had to cover up way too much for Lescott, that's why he looked out of position sometimes.

Heh he does look a bit like a llama lol

Our number 1 priority in the summer has to be a CB. I know we were in for Mangala and he's supposed to be good but I've never seen him play. I know he has been in the headlines recently for the wrong reasons but I like Vertonghen. He could be a good choice alongside Vinnie. Being international colleagues would help.
Would also like to see us get in a young english CB like Caulker, or promote someone from the academy. Rekik got his first cap for Holland the other day and is getting good reviews at PSV so perhaps he could come back. He's left sided like Nastasic tho

Vertonghen-Kompany as CB partners would be great for our national team too...
There are rumours that both Barcelona and Liverpool are after Vertonghen. He is obviously unhappy at Spurs now...

Great match by City.

I couldn't agree less!!!!

Komapny was possibly the best player on the pitch, easily City's best performer.

Footballs all about opinions but I simply can't see what you saw about his performance! He was fantastic!

Did he make a mistake ? I don't think so.
He slipped for the first goal, and while this does look bad, it happens.
Other goals had nothing to do witth him (i'm very biased, i've always loved Vertonghen).
The fact is that there must be something very wrong at Spurs. The 3 Belgian players are hinting that they are very unhappy for some reason...
It seems as if the club made certain promises to the players and that somehow Spurs could not honor those promises...

I also had the imperession that Kompany was one of the best players on the pitch, but people will say that i'm Belgian biased...

They are unhappy at Spurs because the team isn't performing as expected. All three Belgians are somewhat part of that responsibility though... well maybe not Chadli as much but he's been largely underperforming when he gets the chance. Maybe they're having morale issues where greater players show character and morale.

negredo and džeko should've played already in the first half. aguero was non existent on the field.

he needs to get his fitness back, and important game like last night's one is not for the guy who is still recovering. especially when you hunt 0-2 lead for barca.

p.s. ref was a total joke.

Kompany had a very mixed CB performance, he was making some really silly mistakes by being caught up the field which Barcelona capitalized on multiple times.

and in general not really being able to cope with the movement, gave the ball away cheaply at times too.

Wasn't terrible but certainly wasn't this colossal CB performance.

You realise we had to take risks? All our defenders tried to nick the ball high up and make forward runs.

Kompany was excellent and is, along with T. Silva, the best CB in the world. There's no doubt about that. If only they could be partnered

Why is Richards not being used at all?
Is he injured?

Injuries and Zaba.

Since we're now entering squeaky bum time, he's going to have to wait till next season to get games/ matchfitness

I see people talk about putting Richards at CB. Trust me, he is not intelligent enough (footballing wise) to play CB. He's an attacking RB (on form better than Zaba going forward, imo). He's not particularly good defensively.

Last edited:
Kompany is at least a level or two below Silva, who is probably the only defender around nowadays who I would put in the class of the likes of Nesta from the last decade.

Kompany and Toure are good players, who look excellent in the Premier League but are consistently found out against the best teams in Europe over the pawt few seasons.

Forgive me for not following the narrative of our terrible media.

Back
Top Bottom