Manchester City Thread

I disagree - think Kompany is the best defender in the prem and at least level with the best in world football.

The difference when he's on the pitch vs. not is incredible.

I too think Kompany is right up there with the best in the world.
Thiago Silva has been regarded as one of the very best defenders by Brazilians when he was at Fluminense and I knew it then he had a great future. When he moved to Milan, turns out I was right, as he impressed the world right from the start.

I think it's not exaggeration to say Thiago Silva and Vincent Kompany are the best centre halves in the world right now.

Top marks for both off the pitch too. Both are pretty decent, level-headed guys, from everything I could see from their interviews and their general behaviour.

Good win for us today given the circumstances of the PL fixture pile up, the week and the game.

Demichelis had a good game! Praise the lord! Garcia too.

Yaya looks knackered and should probably be rested at home to Fulham.

Played some neat stuff in spells and defended well.

Lee Mason didn't have the greatest of games again tho. Some shitty decisions that went against us, starting with Kompany's red card, and perhaps a soft one for Hull

The biggest question I have is why are referees routinely shirking their responsibility to book divers? It's never going to be stamped out at this rate.

The only thing left to say is David is Gold :WORSHIP:
DavidSilva_1396162a.jpg

Last edited:
Great result, with 10 men for that long. Class showed through.

Hull were terrible, pretty surprised by how limited they were playing 80 against a team with 10 men and who played earlier in the week.

"However, despite it being a straight red card, Kompany will miss only ONE Premier League fixture, rather than three matches, as it wasn't a violent nor dangerous offences."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-skipper-vincent-kompany-3244771

Drat. Thought cause it was his second he gets 2 games.

If only he was as obnoxious as Rooney or Suarez, the press would have highlighted and cried about his gesture to fans, and he'd of gotten what I like to call the 'media suspension' - for offending the sensibilities of the red tops.

Unfortunately he's a jolly nice/boring bloke, so doesn't get that scrutiny.

You could play anyone you want since they will only have one shot in target , better play no keeper score 5-7 and they only can score one ;)

Devante Cole played tonight as City u19's somehow got knocked out of the QFs of the Youth Champions League. Benfica were outplayed but their keeper kept them in it. Some really good players coming through and Vieira is doing a fine job.

Vermaelen to Manchester City (rumour in Belgian press).
Vermaelen-Kompany are the regular CB's of our national team.

Vermalean could be so good to Manchester City! He usually plays with Kompany in Belgium NT. They should know each know very well and in my opinion City needs a CB.

so far so good. Bit wasteful tho

And fuck you, Rosicky, cheating cunt.

Don't entirely blame him for trying it tho. Ref's don't bother booking divers so may as well...

Back
Top Bottom