Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

You just have an excuse for everything, dont you ? That last paragraph has to be one of the most creative arguments Ive seen in my life.
For example Roma, Malaga, Juventus, Tottenham seemed to have picked great players even though they dont play Champions League. Not everything has to be with that. For example, Krasic, Vucinic, Vidal,Jose Angel, Osvaldo, Quagliarella, Pjanic, Scott Parker, Adebayor, Suarez, Cazorla and I could keep giving you examples are all great players that went to teams even though they didnt play the CL. So clearly Champions League is not everything.

I don´t think CL is everything, becouse very important is also how rich the clubs are, what buying policy they have, what short - long term targets they have and so on...

Do you know the preferences of players you just written, if they even were avileable, where they prefeured to play, if we were interested in them at first place, their wages, sallary cap of the teams you just mentioned and so on?

i realy give up trying to explain you anything.

I don´t think CL is everything, becouse very important is also how rich the clubs are, what buying policy they have, what short - long term targets they have and so on...

Do you know the preferences of players you just written, if they even were avileable, where they prefeured to play, if we were interested in them at first place, their wages, sallary cap of the teams you just mentioned and so on?

i realy give up trying to explain you anything.
If we wanted, we could have easily attract every one of those players I mentioned ...

Pipa, you forgot that Spurs have a match in hand...if they win that one...things will look better for them.
Liverpool pretty much were slaughtered by Spurs.

but..but if we had started the season with dalglish we would have...oh wait!

ps:liverbird,why do you have an avatar of andy carroll?

I think I'll just put somew people on ignore........and for a change they won't be utd fans. :(

It's the same thing everytime, Liverpool get a poor result and they all come out for a whinge. Had they actually converted a few more chances it could have been a similar scoreline to yesterdays at OT and people would be harping on about how nice it is to see a manager go for it against a lesser team.

Pipa, just stop responding, then there won't be this pointless discussion everytime.

It's like I've never been away. The same people complaining with the same arguments. What do they think they'll achieve? That they can change peoples minds? We're able to make our own opinions, we don't need someone posting every week bleating on and on about the same moans.

Exactly mate. If these people were United fans they'd probably be saying Fergie out after yesterdays result!

Even on the highlights you can see that Carra lost alot of headers from long balls from the Norwich defences. I really2 hope Agger can come back and spare us some blushes.

I've seen the match against Norwich live.
I can't understand the reactions in this thread. It's as if Liverpool are Barcelona (that could not win this weekend by the way).
I saw an absolutely brilliant Liverpool the first 20 minutes. They had the bad luck that they could not score because it was one of these days and because Ruddy was absolutely brilliant. After 20 minutes Liverpool lifted the foot off the accelerator and a very good Norwich came back in the match.
The 1-1 draw is a deserved result for Norwich (a very good team), but after 20 minutes it could have been 4-0. Football is the most attractive game because it all depends on details.

Yesterday Man City won 6-1 against Utd. It was not only a brilliant Silva who won them the match (best player in the EPL), but also brilliant defending, because right until the first goal Man Utd were the better team...that is football.

Assuming that Liverpool will outplay (and defeat) every team is foolish and unrealistic.

Interesting (taken from F365):

Hodgson after 31 games: Won 13, lost 9, drew 9
Daglish after 31 games: Won 15, lost 9, drew 7

Now that is an interesting stat...so Dalglish isn't doing much better than Roy...i still think Hodgson never had a fair chance at Liverpool...he mad some communication mistakes, but Kenny has made some tactical errors..he is forgiven because he's a legend...

This again? Again? Really?

No. He's forgiven because he's proven that he can win cups and leagues. Has Roy proven he can win major leagues and cups?

Like I said, it's like I never left. Still the same discussions over and over and over.

Are we seriously comparing a coach who leads a team with top 4 target with a coach who´s target is to not get relegated?

Looking at the League position...

Dalglish has taken us at least near the top 4.....
whereas Hodgson took us near the bottom 3....

Also Hodgson won a lot of the Europa games...
and not many in the league.

I'd prefer Dalglish any day over Hodgson.....
while knowing that Dalglish is not the long-term solution.....
Dalglish should have been the one given the job instead of Hodgson to steady the ship
when Rafa left and we were stuck with H+G....
but as we know the previous management made the mistake of hiring Hodgson...
and while the ship was about to sink.....Dalglish came in....
to rescue the club at it's most needy time...

Now is Dalglish perfect and above criticism ? no....
I think he will be judged at the end of the season....unless we are near the bottom at Christmas
which is highly unlikely...
It will be a battle to get top-4....but I think the Owners are expecting top-4 and CL footy...
especially after the transfer signings...
so the pressure is on Dalglish and the team to improve from last season.

Now regarding Downing....I read somewhere he has 0 assists and 0 goals...
whereas Adam has 1 goal...1 deflected goal...few assists... more effective.
Henderson has 1 goal and 1 assist....but at least they have done something...
Carroll has had a few goals....

Bellamy has 2 goals in 2 starts....and somehow is always on the bench
or subbed off......
Very strange reasoning by Dalglish to keep persisting with Downing when he's not doing much.

Last edited:

questioning Hodgson as coach who should be given more chance is laughable..or worrying considering the state he left us, damadged the club..in fact he was given more time he should.. i´m surprised how many tend to compare uncomparable... how they forget how misserable we played under Hodgson...remember the dull performances in europa league against Utrecht and so on..

With Dalglish the game we play is totaly different, we CREATE chances a lot, we just didn´t had the luck to score against Norwich.. there was a bar hit by Skrtel header right at start, several chances not used by Suarez.. A coach can´t tell a player how to score, but at least Dalglish made the team create the chances and try to pressure..

Hodgson era was one time in my life where i was just ashamed of the coach, of his speech, of his tactics, actions and i found myself not bothered of the game anymore.. i never EVER would want to return there...

who criticises Dalglish wihthout looking at our matches, looking how our game chainged..comparing his results with other team results, while other teams played different oponents than us...that´s just not bothering me anymore..

Daglish brings belief that`s why Rafa brought him back. That means more than any stats fans n players had a massive lift w/ him at the helm. Hodgson is a great coach no doubt ,but let just say the club prefer chicken pot pies than popcorn no pun intended :JAY:

Interesting (taken from F365):

Hodgson after 31 games: Won 13, lost 9, drew 9
Daglish after 31 games: Won 15, lost 9, drew 7

pointless as the only stat that matters is that "if dalglish has started the season table" goin round last season.heads still in the sand.35 mill for a date to a boyzone concert.fuckin brilliant managing that.but hey,lets not judge him on his results now,lets judge him on what he did many many many many moons ago.he is a brilliant world class manager..as is george graham.what the arse could do with him at the helm now....

I'm baffled to why people conclude that hodgson is a horrible manager, you look at teams he's worked with, he's all done great things, also including getting fulham to europa league final, the stat above also is very interesting, you also got to remember how much hodgson got to spend (£26 million roughly) and to how much kenny has spent(£114.2 million), also there was a different owner when hodgson was in charge but it seems to be all hodgson fault, with that large amount spend on the team, there's been little improvement in results, i guess we'll see how it works out long term

I'm baffled to why people conclude that hodgson is a horrible manager, you look at teams he's worked with, he's all done great things, also including getting fulham to europa league final, the stat above also is very interesting, you also got to remember how much hodgson got to spend (£26 million roughly) and to how much kenny has spent(£114.2 million), also there was a different owner when hodgson was in charge but it seems to be all hodgson fault, with that large amount spend on the team, there's been little improvement in results, i guess we'll see how it works out long term

Totally agree with that post. Good points there. Those stats don't lie.
I'm not saying that Dalglish isn't a good manager, but he isn't better than Hodgson. Did i say that Hodgson did a good job in Liverpool? No. He never had the chance to do a good job. Fans hoped to see a star manager after Benitez, they got old fashioned, boring and hopelessly communicating Hodgson. On top of that Benitez fled because he had all the objective reason to go away: the club was in danger at the time...
Dalglish is King Kenny. At any other club he would have been faced with the same (undeserved) negative bias as Hodgson. Dalglish could work under a good owner and could splash around the money...

It's all about symbols. Symbols are subjective...players become symbols of a manager.
Konchesky became the symbol for Hodgson, while Suarez is the symbol for Dalglish. If you make this comparision then Dalglish seems a genius compared to Hodgson.

But let me use another comparision (not sure if that is correct English): Konchesky-Caroll. Do you seriously are persuaded that Caroll is a better player than Konchesky (who was a very good PL player and whose carreer was ruined by moving to Liverpool)? I'm quite sure that Konchesky is the better player...

It's not that important, but i still think Roy got a very lousy treatment in Liverpool.

Kuyrt was the symbol to Rafa (imo not torres) Suarez was Not brought by Daglish . I think Adam gets the symbol always being pick to play.

pointless as the only stat that matters is that "if dalglish has started the season table" goin round last season.heads still in the sand.35 mill for a date to a boyzone concert.fuckin brilliant managing that.but hey,lets not judge him on his results now,lets judge him on what he did many many many many moons ago.he is a brilliant world class manager..as is george graham.what the arse could do with him at the helm now....

Who do you want in as manger? Then what happens if he has a bad start? You going to be jumping on the guy slagging him off all the time then? Do me a favour fella and bore off with all the negative shit.

Before you say anything, I haven't slagged off any Liverpool manager. I don't feel as Roy was the right guy but could have done with more time. I'll support Kenny until he's gone, like I have with every other manager. Did I like the way Benitez set the team up to play? No I didn't. Bored the hell out of me. Did I go on and on saying he should go? Nope. I still supported him while he's in charge.

I'm just reading the same negative shit from the same people all the time every time I pop in here. Surely you must be boring yourselves by now?

tumblr_ltoxfkcO7Y1qa3nkxo1_500.gif

tumblr_ltoyvmTJBC1qd0p90o1_500.jpg

He really is a brilliant footballer.

And a tit - just before that hug from Daglish (when he was substituted) he went down injured, forced physios on and then took about 3 minutes to hobble off the pitch.

i realy don´t care about that mate..

everyone is doing this kind of theatre if needed or not, nearly everyone.

Stokes in Europe might be too much to handle, too soon. Suarez kissing the badge I guess it`s never to soon ;)

Great win! Especially for belief/moral.

Amusing to see Pulis moan about pulling and pushing in the area, Stoke are one of the worst for it!

Anyone got a link to the goals? Apparantly Henderson's cross was pretty good?

Also read on Twitter about Pulis' moaning, pretty ironic given the reputation his team has. Also something about a rugby tackle from Woodgate on Suarez that should've been a red?

It's a sad state of the game when a lot of the talking points are not skill related by players but are nearly always about fouls and decisions made/not made by the ref.

I agree with you dags, but trust me, 30 years ago there was also more talk about referees and fouls than about pure football magic...in a way that is what makes football the most popular sport: all the discussion and the banter.
In Italy there is even a television programme that focuses on the refs...

All these discussions have one negative side effect: the rules become more "blurry"; less transparant.
In the (not always so good) old times, the least foul in the box was a penalty...now we get endless discussions about soft penalties: "there was minimal contact, so it wasn't a penalty". In the 70's and the 80's the reasoning was: there was minimal contact, so it clearly is a penalty...

Same goes for the pushing and shoving with corners and some free kicks. Elbowing an opponent was always at least a yellow card and very often a straight red, now it is more and more tolerated...

PS: good win for Liverpool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom