Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Gerd, that´s why i expect Dalglish to talk with him to calm him down...

but you are wise enough to know that people can´t chainge that easy..and i don´t expect Suarez to behave as a rolemodel as you pointed out in near future.. IF he will be in high temper game..i expect red cards, diving, biting, blood, screams etc.. :D

There is not many such players, but he is one of them.. if he get´s a warrning or a ban, this is the job of referee or FA, UEFA, FIFA... if not, he will continue as usuall, the same way other players would..

I agree with your post Pipa...he will not change unless he's threatened. And i'm pretty confident Dalglish will have already talked with him.

Don't misunderstand me, he's a lovely player to watch... if only he could diminish that aspect of his way of playing.

I'm off watching the match against Norwich now, good luck to Liverpool, but Norwich are doing great. They have a good team and a fantastic manager.

Seen the line-up Gerd?!

Should be a load of goals in this game! Two very attacking wingbacks with a defensive midfield trio of Gerrard, Adam and Downing! And 3 strikers in front of them!

And speaking about childeren: players like Suarez tend to forget that they are supposed to be role models for childeren. Is this bullshit?

Yes actually it is.

Footballers are given tonnes of cash, fame, attention, etc without any form of help or coaching from a very young age. I'd say a vast majority of footballers are also mentally challenged and would be doing nothing with their lives if it weren't for the talent in their feet.

Given this, why on earth should they be role models. The only role models people should have are those that can actually make a difference to peoples lives. Politicians, doctors, nurses, soliders, policemen, firemen but definitely not footballers.

It's absolutely no surprise that they get up to stupid things because they are stupid and they're given too much too soon.

It's the media which portrays them as supposed role models, while paradoxically looking for any excuse to expose their failings. It's a silly world we live in.

Kids know more footballers than they know politicians,doctors,nurses,...

I think footballers can have a huge affect on kid's personality, especially those who spend their day playing football after school trying to immitate their favourite player. Now you got the global shirts selling thing where a kid might think he is Suarez while wearing his shirt trying to immitate his moaning. He might pick up the habit. :D I can't count the number of times I tried to immitate Ronaldo's(the real one) stepovers while playing as a kid.

I agree with Zeem AND Matherto / Abou's views. Interesting how all 3 of you are making great points and much sense. I see both sides.

I felt like crying at the end when Suarez was denied the goal by the goalkeeper, but the result was fair imo cos' our performance was awful today, and there we can see the difference between Liverpool and teams like ManU or City. They usually don't drop points when they play teams like Norwich, and beating United or City this season won't help at all if we play shit against lower ranked teams like Norwich, Swansea and so on ...

Carroll should have started today...whole match we have creating chances just for a player like him, making crosses and he was missing there...

Downing should not start today..what´s the point having two players on wings (Downing-Kuyt) and just Suarez in hole..?

Suarez today missed 3 or 4 clear goal chances...he should have passed the ball, but he tryed to score...wich lead to nothing..

Very depressive, we should have won this match!

Norwich played great away game!

what a shit match , fuck all those players and kenny , bring all Lfc young team for next match trainer players and all leave out this shit players !

Suarez moans all the time about literally anything lol, fair result in the end tbf

Suarez was funny to watch today, especially when he laid on the ground like a crying baby and I kinda hate Kenny's vision of the Liverpool team.
How comes he subs Bellamy with Henderson, that makes no sense based on the fact that he was playing great until then, and Carroll was the missing piece of the Liverpool's game today. Downing is not effective enough from the right side(he's not Robben xD), Kuyt wasn't playing on his favorite position and of course we didn't have one of our best players LUCAS.

Downing should be on the bench......let Bellamy and Maxi be on the wings...
This match was perfect for Carroll....

Bad result...

Newcastle a team that has lost their best players...
is 5 pts ahead of us.
Beating smaller teams.....while we are struggling....

Newcastle a team that has lost their best players...
is 5 pts ahead of us.
Beating smaller teams.....while we are struggling....

They've made some astute signings and tbh you could say they
are better than the ones that have gone.

For all the money we've spent Suarez has been a player with world class capabilities,
we've fallen into the same trap as we did with Torres by not having enough players on the same
wavelength as him. £55m wasted on Carroll and Downing imo, both players can still come good
but they both lack a great degree on dynasism.

I think you guys are being too negative about yesterday's match, iMO Norwich deserved the point, but after 20 minutes it could have been 3 or 4-0. Liverpool where great the first 20 minutes.

Newcastle have done some fantastic transfers. I player like Cabaye is a great player for any Premier League team.

About the role model debate: football players are definitely role models wheather they like it or not. I see it this way: the reason why football players are earning much more than in the 1980's is because football has become (or wants to be) a family sport. Football players are icons (hence why some of them are earning fat publicity contracts, they are even more role models) because millions of people all over the world are watching them. When i was a kid i knew the players of Belgian teams. My 8 year old son could only name one Anderelcht player (Lukaku) but can give you the whole Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd team and immediately recongnizes players like Suarez, Gerrard, and even Rory Delap ("that's the guy with the long throw). This all started about Suarez, Suarez is Liverpool's star player. He is definitely a role model.

i have to only agree..they are rolemodels, all of the famous mostly.. and not just good rolemodels... young children try to do things they do, or wear clothes they wear... or behave as them.. on and off the pitch.

define "superb" in terms of our wage bill and money we can spend on a player.
So you think that assigning 18M in transfer fee to Downing and a wage around 70k, is a superb use of resources ?

So you think that assigning 18M in transfer fee to Downing and a wage around 70k, is a superb use of resources ?

yes i do.. i don´t have any problem with Downing, he is consistent, experienced and improved our team.

Downing is a great buy for Liverpool. Yesterday was not his match, but do you know players who never have a lesser game...hell Messi missed a penalty yesterday.

You are far too negative Liverbird...

It was not his match becouse i think it was the first where he started on RM or RW for us... Gerrard played there against Everton with Downing on left side.. while Kuyt was on bench... yesterday it was clear Kuyt was always making runs on RW while Downing was lost between midfield and wing..He should have stay on bench yesterday with Carroll playing from beginning..

Gerrard for me is better in midfield..but not as winger...with Bellamy and Kuyt in starting 11, Downing has no place there as well... Either play him and Kuyt or Kuyt with Bellamy on wings..

my ideal lineup against top teams:

----------- Lucas -----------

------ Adam ------ Gerrard --

- Kuyt --- Suarez --- Downing

for low teams:

---------- Adam --- Gerrard ------

Downing/Kuyt -- Suarez ----- Bellamy/Downing

--------------- Carroll ------------

we should have played with Carroll lineup yesterday imho...so many crosses yesterday that i think Carroll would easy score...in his 10 minutes he did pretty good..but it´s just 10 minutes...

Last edited:

Downing is a great buy for Liverpool. Yesterday was not his match, but do you know players who never have a lesser game...hell Messi missed a penalty yesterday.

You are far too negative Liverbird...
Please tell me one match in which he looked like an 18M player. He has looked pretty normal so far, hasnt provide the explosion in the wings.
I dont think Im negative. Im just fully aware that we are a team that depend exclusively on Suarez and therefore cant understand how after changing the sporting director and spending more than 100M this is possible.

Last edited:

did we spend more than 100m...so WHAT? If our owners want to invest and they pretty much invested in young players for FUTURE as well..i have no problem with that... Malaga didn´t invest? City didn´t invest? Anzhi, PSG didn´t invest?

the only difference is that we can´t afford sallary´s the same as other teams that i mentioned..that´s why in Premier Leaugue SALLARY WISE we are after City, United, Chelsea, and maybe Arsenal and Tottenham. We don´t play in CL or EL this season, just PL..this is major factor in players decision to join us or the teams mentioned above..

You didn´t mention how much we earned from selling btw.

It's like I've never been away. The same people complaining with the same arguments. What do they think they'll achieve? That they can change peoples minds? We're able to make our own opinions, we don't need someone posting every week bleating on and on about the same moans.

did we spend more than 100m...so WHAT? If our owners want to invest and they pretty much invested in young players for FUTURE as well..i have no problem with that... Malaga didn´t invest? City didn´t invest? Anzhi, PSG didn´t invest?

the only difference is that we can´t afford sallary´s the same as other teams that i mentioned..that´s why in Premier Leaugue SALLARY WISE we are after City, United, Chelsea, and maybe Arsenal and Tottenham. We don´t play in CL or EL this season, just PL..this is major factor in players decision to join us or the teams mentioned above..

You didn´t mention how much we earned from selling btw.
That is not true mate. Tottenham and Arsenal invest less money that we do in wages. They just invest it better than what we do. Same goes to Malaga ...

That is not true mate. Tottenham and Arsenal invest less money that we do in wages. They just invest it better than what we do. Same goes to Malaga ...

OK, what make´s you think they invest it better than us?

last time i checked, we were at place 6 and Arsenal at place 7, Tottenham is point above us currently.. It´s still early in the season.

Arsenal didn´t won anything last 6 years or so..with their best players leaving for other clubs...Not that we didn´t lost best players, but they lost them despite plaing in CL, wich IMHO NEVER would happend to LFC..if we played CL and never had Hicks - Gillete as owners, the story would be totally different..

Tottenham invest better than us? ok, they have great talent in their team, they did a good move with Adebayor, but if not the CL they would loose their main players and they would never buy VDV or other... I still don´t understand how they managed to not sell Modric...

Tottenham realy want everyone every transfer window.. but they also can´t buy always great...if we play in CL one day replacing Tottenham, then we will again buy top class players - and those will want to move here instead of Tottenham, just for example..

We have to get back to Europe, after that we can pick TOP CLASS players again.

Oh and we can´t compare Malaga owners spending power to our´s, there is also lot´s of factors, like the competition in La Liga..where Malaga with huge invest can be third after Madrid or Barca...if we had the same owners, we would be still behind Chelsea, United and City spending power no matter what.. that´s a big difference..

Back
Top Bottom