Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Been linked with him for years, can't see it being true now though.

That report's from today, sounds like he's had a strop with Old "Sundial" Bruce over losing the captaincy,

Yep, and it wouldn't surprise me if the article is bringing up old news. Not the first time a paper has brought up a story claiming it to be news when it was something that occurred a long time ago.

Like I say, I can't see anything in it at all. Just another name to add to the massive list that keeps growing daily.

So who is leaving ?
- Jovanovic
- Poulsen
- Spearing (should go on loan)

Staying ?
- Aquilani (seems he will stay with JWHenry's comments)
- Maxi (he is very dangerous from midfield, scoring goals)
- Shelvey (seems better than Spearing, good backup)

Steve Clarke fancies Cole to come good....so he might still stay
which I was not hoping...

Ngog...well he's our backup striker...with Kuyt.
Ngog seems like a player who may blossom given more experience..
he is tall, quick and strong...got good feet...so not bad as a backup.
We need 4 strikers, so he might stay.

For left-back, I think Insua did well...and seems to be a bit
more beefed up...don't know if he has improved defensively.
Cissokho may be our new left-back..

This season, without European distractions.....we have to give
it our best shot, and especially in the FA and Carling cups...
could be our best shot at silverware in those ...
given the depth of midfield.

Last edited:

Spearing won´t go imo..

Shelvey could be loaned, as well Wilson,

Not sure about Ayala, Insua and Robinson.. (Robinson should stay imo, he is amazing for his age, but probaly will be loaned or play in reserves)

I think we promote to first team this season or loan out Conor Coady and Andre Wisdom..

Joe Cole... no other club will pay him salary we do.. so i think he stayes, maybe for a second chance..i don´t think we fire him, especialy not now after he was on preseason and did .. well.

Shelvey and Spearing are totaly different players mate.. you can´t compare them...

Spearing won´t go imo..

Shelvey could be loaned, as well Wilson,

Not sure about Ayala, Insua and Robinson.. (Robinson should stay imo, he is amazing for his age, but probaly will be loaned or play in reserves)

I think we promote to first team this season or loan out Conor Coady and Andre Wisdom..

Joe Cole... no other club will pay him salary we do.. so i think he stayes, maybe for a second chance..i don´t think we fire him, especialy not now after he was on preseason and did .. well.

Shelvey and Spearing are totaly different players mate.. you can´t compare them...

Looking at the midfield spots:

Gerrard, Lucas, Meireles, Maxi, Joe Cole, Poulsen, Jovanovic
Aquilani, Adam, Henderson, Downing, Spearing, Shelvey

13 players competing for 4 or 5 spots depending on formation..

We just have to sell or loan 4-5 players.
(Jova seems to be going..., so that's 3-4 left to go)

Up front: 4 players for 2 spots (no one going)
Suarez, Caroll, Ngog, Kuyt

Defence: 3-4 spots depending on formation (maybe 1 out)
Carra, Skrtel, Agger, Soto, Kelly, Johnson, Flanagan, Insua, Robinson

Lot of decisions for Dalglish...

Maxi, Cole, Downing and sometimes Henderson will all be playing on wings, not CM spot..

besides i think we will see lot of games formation 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 so many midfielders are not that problem..we now have what we wanted (squad depth) and now we should again go with thin squad?

no thanks.. we need depth even if we play in PL..

i don´t think nobody from that CF will go now, not even Ngog...

from the defence we all know Kyrgiakos is uncertain, Carra will slowly prepeare to retire and Robinson is just a kid.. who might be in reserves if we buy new LB..

Maxi, Cole, Downing and sometimes Henderson will all be playing on wings, not CM spot..

besides i think we will see lot of games formation 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 so many midfielders are not that problem..we now have what we wanted (squad depth) and now we should again go with thin squad?

no thanks.. we need depth even if we play in PL..

i don´t think nobody from that CF will go now, not even Ngog...

from the defence we all know Kyrgiakos is uncertain, Carra will slowly prepeare to retire and Robinson is just a kid.. who might be in reserves if we buy new LB..

When I say midfield...I include RM/LM.....not just CM...
13 midfielders for 4-5 spots is too much....

Even if we have 2 per spot...that is 10 required.
So Poulsen, Jovanovic and one more should go...

well ok, but Jovanovic and Poulsen will go for sure.. there is no space for them and i think also we will loan out Shelvey and sell Meireles..

that´s what i personaly think..

I expect us to sign a LB before we start new season..i realy doubt Kenny would play Insua there and i don´t think Johnson is the solution on LB either..

tumblr_lom5zyrvCO1qgqr5do1_500.jpg

Yesterday that article is from, Mavinga has completed his move to Rennes now.

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith
And, at last, an #LFC transfer story we can all agree on: £13m brute Diego Godin, my second favourite defender, is a genuine possibility.

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith
And just so this isn't added to my nebulous list of crimes against humanity, it's very much a could be rather than will be at the moment.

i think atletico made a deal with some young brazil league CB yesterday...maybe they prepeare for the case they will sell Godin..

would be amazing buy..certainly better than all those who we were linked to

Marco Bueno a mexican talent will be on Lfc for training and try for 10 days , so after we decide if we want or not !

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards
#lfc 2 finally make offer 4 Jose Enrique Perfect plan, let player go back to training sulk & then hope #nufc can't see any point rejecting.

BelgoFoot John Chapman
Milan Jovanovic reportedly about to sign on free transfer to Anderlecht from #lfc for 100,000 euros per month. highest salary in Belgium.

JohnSinnott John Sinnott
Anderlecht spokesman on Jovanovic transfer from #lfc: "Currently negotiating with Jovanovic but we couldn’t achieve an agreement (yet)"

JohnSinnott John Sinnott
Anderlecht on Jovanovic: "We're very much interested & the player would like to come. Anderlecht due to contact Liverpool on Wednesday."

Last edited by a moderator:

where?

----
btw, we are linked with this mexico guy Bueno, never heard of him, but he´s very young..

Not seen anything about both leaving either. Probably somewhere like goal.com or the Daily Mail.

That's not really suggesting much else than we already said, that players may be leaving. It doesn't suggest BOTH players are going, as Liverbird has said.

Why? It'll be good for Jay to get experience.

SkySportsPeteO Pete O'Rourke
Reports in Spain claim Rayo Vallecano have opened talks with Liverpool over Dani Pacheco. #LFC #YNWA.

Now THIS I don't like.

Last edited by a moderator:

i think it would be better to first get rid of players we need to get rid off..

Not sure it really comes down to order, it's a case of demand. I doubt clubs are lining up to take Poulsen and Cole off our hands, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom