Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Meireles to Inter - some signs that this is already done deal..

fuck

Will definitely be a shame to lose Meireles, been a very good player for us although he did pull out of tackles too much for my liking.

If the money is used to reinvest in the squad then we'll see.

You better be wearing one of these then,

jul23dwedd.jpg

Your wife, "What the hell? Are you out of your mind there Dags?"

You, "Well yes. I'm marrying you aren't I" (Obviously this is a bad joke, don't even try it)

You, "Well Cisse did it. Might as well go for it myself!"

Fucking joke if our selling Meireles to make room to Charle free kick Adam. Was arguably our best player last season, he has got everything, can see a pass, can tackle, has goal, is very clever and we are replacing him with the Blackpool playmaker. Unbelievable.

Don't panick, something similar happened last season with Loic Remy who was transferred from OGC Nice to Olympique Marseille. What happened then was a second medical with 3 doctors, the guy ended up playing for Marseille.

I guess Liverpool will ask a second opinion.

Five year deal for someone with questionable fitness? Will be interesting to see how he works out .

Marveaux claims his fitness is fine. If that is the case, Newcastle would've offered a bigger signing fee, wages and contract. In that light, kinda glad we pulled out. I'd rather we didn't get saddled with someone known to have a dodgy fitness record for big wages on five years who we'd struggle to sell if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strange things are happening at Newcastle, they have acquired a couple of good players: Marveaux, Cabaye and i've forgotten somebody... If was marveaux, i would certainly have preferred Liverpool, but this is good for the competition, good players going to lesser clubs and Newcastle is a fine club (with a jerk owner).

It's kind of ironic that Newcastle are "stealing" a better player from Liverpool with the money they got from Liverpool for Caroll. I rate Marveaux much higher than Caroll. Like i already said a few posts above, those fitnes tests don't mean anything at all (usually).

Yeah, Newcastle are amassing a few pretty good players, those two and they still have Ben Arfa to come back and feature more prominently.

Desperately need a CF though.

Shame about Ben Arfa, If his form had continued im sure a lot of big clubs would be looking at him.

In france he had a rather bad reputation: difficult player...he was formed with Olympique Lyonnais and they were glad to get rid of him. He also parted with conflict in Marseille...very talented but difficult guy.

Pardew must`ve done a SAF /Berba ....Walking in on medical "lad!?! I wouldn`t let them do that to me if I was you" :COOL:

Strange things are happening at Newcastle, they have acquired a couple of good players: Marveaux, Cabaye and i've forgotten somebody... If was marveaux, i would certainly have preferred Liverpool, but this is good for the competition, good players going to lesser clubs and Newcastle is a fine club (with a jerk owner).

It's kind of ironic that Newcastle are "stealing" a better player from Liverpool with the money they got from Liverpool for Caroll. I rate Marveaux much higher than Caroll. Like i already said a few posts above, those fitnes tests don't mean anything at all (usually).
I dont know about that. Milito for example failed his medical exam at Madrid because Madrid considered a risk to offer him a 4 year contract having seen some problems in his knees and everybody started telling that they were lying, that they didnt buy him because he didnt fill the galactico profile.
Then he went to Zaragoza, a couple of seasons later to Barcelona and we all know how this ended.

I'm not convinced PaulT does actually know anything more than anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom