Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Man, Torres' goal was top class. The way he controlled the ball, and slotted it in was just effortless. And good show by Aurelio IMO, some great passing.

And MASH! What more can you say? He is a monster!

How bad was Ibrahimovic? Couldnt believe it, Ive heard he is hit and miss, but that was taking the biscuit!

Mascherano was awesome again, Skrtel is looking ace, Babel and Kuyt were awful and Torres is just special.

Bring on the Mancs!

Ibra was shit. Got tons of chances, didn't do anything with them. Torres got one from a great pass from Aurelio, BANG!

Even at 20M, Torres has to be one of the best buys of the season. I thought Rafa too a HUGE gamble on him, but he knew what he was doing, and Torres has turned into a world class player.

Might I add, I thought Inter were brilliant with their passing and movement. The lacked width which allowed us to play with almost 3 CBs, but some their passing, especially in the first half was sublime. Couldn't get through our defense though.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/mighty-appetite/2006/12/a_hot_pot_of_sippypoo.html

PH2006122101005.jpg

How bitter is that Andy Gray twat? Constantly going on how Benitez is a lucky manager, and doesn't play Torres enough.

Wanker!

Keys is as bad as Gray. Trying to bait Redknapp into saying Liverpool wont win the league under Rafa, I thought Jamie was going to smack him! "Is Rafa a clever manager or a lucky manager?" Keys asked! What an absoloute nugget!

I think the red card was the turning point of the game.
Probably it was, but Burdisso's challenge had NO timing and the booking was fair, so the sending off.

Have you heard what Piangini said about both this red card and the one in the first leg? Absolutely ridicolous, as always. His players missed a lot of chances and he whines about the referee. NO STYLE!!

Congrats upon this win, hope you get straight to the Final. Arsenal or Roma to challenge you in Moscow :EASY:

OFF TOPIC
Ste, quand'è che t'han fatto mod? mica me n'ero accorto!!
/OFF TOPIC

All due to Torres you'll come out of this game with rave reviews.

Though you defended excellently early on when Inter looked dangerous.

They never really posed a threat though, and you were always going through.

Sky really need someone to review their impartiallity. Even fucking Redknapp toes his line now. Souness too!

http://101greatgoals.magnify.net/item/JT2VZS7SP305QRL1

I fucking hate Souness. He was a great player from what little I've seen, but he was the one who started the rot, brought us to mediocrity in the 90s. He obviously failed as a manager, and now seeing Rafa achieving something he could only dream of, he has become very bitter.

All due to Torres you'll come out of this game with rave reviews.

Though you defended excellently early on when Inter looked dangerous.

They never really posed a threat though, and you were always going through.

What do you mean, all due to Torres?

Mash, Skrtel, Aurelio and Pepe were fucking class, and defended out of their skins. If it wasn't for them, we could have lost the game.

And it was a very, very gritty performance. Inter were fucking class today, and we still didn't concede anything. That deserves rave reviews.

Matherto is right. Torres will get all the plaudits. These so called experts on Sky didn't even ONCE mention the outstanding performance of Mascherano. He is just so under-rated. I know DM is never a popular position but for crying out loud, Sky are like a load of 8 year olds rambling on about who 'scores shit loads of goals'

Or how about Skrtel, playing his first CL game. He was BOSS.

And REINA, no-one could get past him today.

How bad was Ibrahimovic? Couldnt believe it, Ive heard he is hit and miss, but that was taking the biscuit!

Mascherano was awesome again, Skrtel is looking ace, Babel and Kuyt were awful and Torres is just special.

Bring on the Mancs!

Ibracadabra:LOL:

Really great result lads! I didn't watch the game but I did record it and will give my analysis tomorrow!

Anyway...

shit.jpg

Congrats Liverpool! :applause:

:D

A slight anti-climax there Mike, but It will suffice.

Hopefully now you will learn your lesson. NEVER EVER RULE OUT LIVERPOOL.

The Daily Mail have a nice piece on MONSTER'S Performance:

------------------------------------------------------

'While the big chiefs continue to battle it out in the Anfield boardroom, the Little Chief took the fight to Inter Milan on Tuesday night and how important he proved.

Here at the San Siro came a timely demonstration of why Rafa Benitez was so keen to spend £19million on Javier Mascherano and why Liverpool can now remain among the elite of European football.

This was not a contest for connoisseurs of attacking football. Not an encounter when Fernando Torres would be able to add another hat-trick to his recent collection.

It was a night when Liverpool had to dig in and defend the two-goal advantage they so stylishly secured at Anfield three weeks ago, and a night, in particular, for Argentina's El Jefecito.

While Xabi Alonso remained in Liverpool to witness the beginning of a new life, Mascherano protected his defensive colleagues as if his own life depended on it.

He was a ubiquitous presence, sensing danger and dealing with it in a manner that marks him out as one of the masters of the holding role. That, should Liverpool be drawn against Inter again, make him a marked man in these parts.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gotta admit, Liverpool really showed their worth knocking Inter out of the European Cup and winning their last 3 (or is it 4?) league matches when all the shit was going on at the club.

Mash has been solid, Gerrard has upped his game again and doesn't look like he's carrying the team anymore, Babel is going to be a great player and Torres is simply brilliant. You've kept loads of clean sheets and are attacking the opposition again. Tonight was a great display of well rehearsed tactics and the team looked a unit.

:applause: Well done lads, you deserve something to smile about this season. :) :salute:

Last edited:

Matherto is right. Torres will get all the plaudits. These so called experts on Sky didn't even ONCE mention the outstanding performance of Mascherano. He is just so under-rated. I know DM is never a popular position but for crying out loud, Sky are like a load of 8 year olds rambling on about who 'scores shit loads of goals'

Or how about Skrtel, playing his first CL game. He was BOSS.

And REINA, no-one could get past him today.

Skrtel ALMOST gave a goal away, a very silly mistake. I hope it's not another eye problem like Sissoko. But the rest of his performance was great to see. Another Center Back for years to come.

And Ibra was not 100% so you can see why he isn't banging in the goals on us. He should've got 1 or 2 goals today, but good thing luck and that previous injury hasn't completely healed.

reina! :applause:

fernando torres just cant stop scoring! :w00t:

well done liverpool! :applause:

Yeah, Reina has really come on form in his last two seasons at Liverpool. I think it's safe to say he is on the shortlist for top keepers worldwide. His distribution of the ball has been impressive as well.

The spine of Torres - Gerrard - Mascherano - Reina is as solid as any other club around. Liverpool are still missing an ultimate center-back pairing, but that may not be too far off if the Skertl/Agger duo can gel together (No offense, Carragher).

Hopefully Liverpool finish this season strong with everyone getting healthy again. And as long as everyone stays fit over the summer, we should finally see Liverpool challenging for the top spot next season. This is the first time in Rafa's reign that I'm finally seeing an established spine of world class players.

I fucking hate Souness. He was a great player from what little I've seen, but he was the one who started the rot, brought us to mediocrity in the 90s.

I always felt that Dalglish started it by not replacing aging players. Souness just put the icing on the cake.

Back
Top Bottom