Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Inter 2 - 0 Liverpool

Inter to go through on penalties!

:pray:

It's only so I don't have to eat poo! I actually hope you knock them out after their cheating display at Anfield.

Last edited:

everton_fan_scarf_diao_200x180.jpg

Remember this!

hmmm, getting nervous now:

1. Our defending of set pieces are shocking. Will we go with Carra and Hyypia or will Skrtel be thrown into the guantlet?

2. Alonso was just hitting form and is the perfect player for this games. Remember his outstanding performance in the Delle Alpi? He keeps the ball, and he is experienced. Lucas has all the tools to do his job, but he's only a young lad and it could overwhelm him.

3. I'm more worried about Crespo than Ibra, Cruz and Suazo put together. Crespo is made for the CL and these sorts of games.

Yeh, getting nervous as well. 2 hours before the game. Think we will go with Carra and Hyypia.

I wouldn't be surprised with a 2-0 win by us again
Torres and Gerrard!

It IS at the San Siro though, so they could cheat their way into the game I reckon.
Still confident we'll go through. Dodgy penalty decision? Pepe Reina will eat that shit up (no pun intended, Plan M)

Last edited:

Carragher Skrtel Hyypia Aurelio

Mascherano Lucas

Kuyt Gerrard Babel

Torres

Official team.

Skrtel at the back worries me. Again, not the ability, but first CL game for him. Would have had Arby at right back.

Good team I think, I'm happy for Skrtel to be playing, though with him and Lucas, there is an element of not being used to European football. I'm still confident though :)

confident in inter now i see that line up, attacking its quality defensively with Skrtel & Hyypia in the middle i think you might struggle.

heres hoping haha, come on inter, enjoy it lads!!!!!!

Woah! Inter are on song today! They have dominated midfield, and we have been clueless in midfield. Rafa has to sort it out, otherwise Inter can, and will score. Defense has been very solid though, and I think Skrtel has been brilliant. But you can really see why we needed Xabi here. To keep possession, which we are really struggling to do.

And Kuyt and Babel have been SOO wasteful. Gerrard isn't really coming to support Torres, and has been isolated. And need I tell you how lucky we are to have Pepe in goal?

BUT, it's STILL 2-0 to us, and they have to score two more goals in 45 minutes. Rafa I think will sort out the midfield, which has been completely broken down by the movement and passing of Inter.

Kuyt and Babel have been very poor. I'm sick of Kuyt just randomly losing the ball with his shit touch, and Babel getting one-on-one only to cut back and give the defence a chance to get more players back! Sort it out!

Torres is doing well considering he's playing as a target man and having to hold players off while controlling the ball, he should be running onto it. But I feel as the game goes on, Inter will get more desperate and obviously tired. As long as Babel and Torres keep some energy, I feel their defence is there for the taking.

Benayoun has to get in for Kuyt or Babel. Or maybe even Pennant.

Agreed. Everytime we play it down the wings for a counter we lose possession. Good thing our defense and central midfield pairing are playing well! Loved it when Lucas took the ball from Zlatan.

Hehe, another, erm, interesting performance from the ref. I'm pretty sure that the player sent off had two fouls all match, neither all that terrible. Makes me feel a bit better about the standard of english referees!

By the way, Ibrahimovich is utterly rubbish, and Torres is really quite class.

Good performance, thought everyone did their part apart from Babel and Kuyt looking pretty poor. What a goal by Torres :D

Great goal from Torres. Exactly what Rafa was thinking, getting on the counter and using him as he can almost beat anyone one on one. Thanks to the inter fans clapping at the end. 4 English teams in the Quarters.

Back
Top Bottom