Liverpool Thread

It'll get done on the 31st. Just posturing.

nah, this time i think Klopp will not spend that much money on one player....obviously Shakthar knows we spended much more on shite in past...realy not so long ago..and i can understand it.. I doubt they will compromise...the player might want to go to LFC...but tbh, i think he would want any PL team if they go for him...

if this deal happens i would be very surprised...

i would love Chicharito here.. his goals record speaks for itself...

i would straight swap Benteke for him to be honest.

Rory Smith was implying that Klopp isnt impressed with the current TC so we might see some changes there, be nice to get a proper scouting network in place.

''I have a strong suspicion Liverpool's transfer committee is about to come under scrutiny again. Not because of its existence - Klopp is used to a collegiate approach - but because of its composition. I'm not sure he's especially impressed''

Grujic + Matip = 5.1M

Lallana + Benteke = 57.5M

hope Matip will fit in...seems like a great young and experienced player.

You are already assuming that Grujic and Matip will be both a huge sucess, while you're also assuming that botj Benteke and Lallana are flops.

I bet you were as enthousiastic about both Benteke and Lallana when you first heard of them being transfer targets.

I wonder if Matip comes, after how many matches he will be judged.

Want an example of a player who needed time?

Eric Lamela.

He has been magnificent for Spurs this season.

To me it all comes down to training and coaching players.

What Klopp needs to do is ship out the players with the wrong mentality and start working with the rest. Might be that you don't need transfers at all or very few...

Once again look at Spurs. Spurs payed Adebayor to stop him coming to the club.

Players like Lamela and Dembele were written off, Pocchetino worked with them, stimulated them and look how fantastic they are now.

Do you honestly think that this Spurs squad has better players than your current sqaud? I don't think so.

Pocchettino has intstilled work ethic and besides that he has done the very Obvious thing: reunited Vertonghen and Alderweireld.

He put Dier as a DMF and started working with the sqaud.

I don't hink Spurs will win the EPL, but they are massively overachieving with a sqaud that hasn't a single star player.

Why would Liverpool need a massive overhaul to do the same, now that they have a very good manager?

Football is much less about (new) players, than about creating the right circumstances. Also look at Chelsea...they were massive favourites for the title, yet with the same squad they are massively underachieving...

Last edited:
about Lallana i had high hopes yeah... about Benteke i wasn´t, realy. And mostly i knew we overpayed for both. I still think Benteke might come out good.. who knows..

Get used to it! Everybody is over paying today! lol . Depay over paid 80th min. Sub. Nothing against Mutd just example. 75% of Arsenal players are over paid youth included. At least Liverpool fans were able to lower the ticket gate prices. \0/

not with Klopp i imagine... we only spended money because we managed to sell a player like Suarez again.

with FSG we might see more of our youngsters being introduced to first team..

i can see many players gone next transfer window 5+ players sold and many loans.

some fantastic supporters in Augsburg...

CbcoaN0WwAAxljj.jpg:large

Cbgi5ljWAAAyJdy.jpg:large

CbgU11mWwAADY5K.jpg:large

Cbgi5kNXIAEJwim.jpg:large

Cbgi5lnWwAQVnmc.jpg:large

CbgkB_JWEAQ2T7p.png:large

CbgeexrWAAEjdoO.jpg:large

Cbb-NcUW8AAvM5d.jpg

CbghV_xWEAEVoHG.jpg:large

CbgIXRpXIAAg_Vk.jpg

CbbCXk2WIAAkjl-.jpg

CbgJ_haWIAAdpe1.jpg:large

CbfHe2TXEAA_b1q.jpg:large

Cbey9wiUMAAqlkm.jpg:large

Cbh1NoMW8AAB_w4.jpg:large

CbhUVs-WAAAvpx4.jpg:large

CbhYuL1WIAAiPlM.jpg:large

CbhT9XyW4AEqmxZ.jpg:large

Liverpool midfielder Kevin Stewart signs contract extension to 2020

The emerging Liverpool midfielder Kevin Stewart has signed a new contract that will keep him at Anfield until 2020.

The 22-year-old, who has made five appearances under Jürgen Klopp this season, committed his long-term future to the club on Tuesday when he signed a fresh four-year contract with the option of a fifth. Stewart’s previous deal expired at the end of this season but his development and breakthrough appearances this term have been rewarded with improved terms.

Stewart seized his opportunity to impress when recalled from a season-long loan at Swindon Town by Klopp before an injury-hit Liverpool’s visit to Exeter City in the FA Cup. The midfielder, who began his career in defence at Tottenham Hotspur’s academy, made his first-team debut in the third-round tie before producing excellent displays in the fourth round against West Ham United.

The boyhood Liverpool supporter is nursing an ankle ligament injury that is expected to keep him out for the next four to five weeks.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...in-stewart-contract-extension-2020?CMP=twt_gu

Finally a reason to be excited about the Europa League. Hopefully we dont leave it til the second game to raise our game. Still glad you guys don't have that overachiever of a Sterling anymore.

well... congrats to City, they were better team..

but fuck me i lost years tonight...

Milner should have been our second penalty taker.

Never going to understand this nonsense managers do of not sorting the penalty takers based on (surprisingly) their ability to take a penalty.

Milner should be going second and Henderson as well...their are captain and vice-captain of the club...ffs

Henderson is no captain for me, hope to see him gone or sit on bench and we bring in a player who actually has some balls, has some vision other than taking the ball, stoping and looking where to pass and pass backwards or wide to players.. He can´t take responsibility and ALWAYS playes it safe.... Gerrard was 100 times the player and captain he is in his age...

We have 0 leaders, playes like City have in Aguero, Yaya Toure, Zabaleta, Kompany....

We can´t rely on Milner, Henderson and Can as our main midfield trio if we want to have CL football or win something...

I thought Kolarov was bad defensively but honestly think Moreno is the worst defender in the PL

What on earth was he thinking trying to backheel tackle Aguero?
JS83781223.jpg

Should go for something like this in the summer:
GK: Zieler
LB: Cresswell
CB: Matip
DM: Xhaka
RW: Yarmolenko
ST: Berahino

--Firmino---Berahino---Yarmolenko
-------Coutinho--Henderson
--------------Xhaka
Cresswell--Matip--Skyrtl--Clyne
--------------Zieler
Subs: Mignolet, Moreno, Sahko, Can, Milner, Ibe, Sturridge

Last edited:
yeah, also the ref had a bad game today... nevermind...

about the transfers, it is more like a FM you just posted..

no chance for Sturridge to be on bench if fit...

and Skrtel with Matip.. Matip will play with Sakho more likely...

we might see Flanagan taking Morenos place, since he is actually a defender..

i WISH we go for a proper Goalkeeper and a midfield player to replace Henderson.

and a profilic striker to cover Sturridge if he´s not fit.

yeah, also the ref had a bad game today... nevermind...

about the transfers, it is more like a FM you just posted..

no chance for Sturridge to be on bench if fit...

and Skrtel with Matip.. Matip will play with Sakho more likely...

we might see Flanagan taking Morenos place, since he is actually a defender..

i WISH we go for a proper Goalkeeper and a midfield player to replace Henderson.

and a profilic striker to cover Sturridge if he´s not fit.

That's the kind of surgery I think LFC need tbh. At least if the goal is top 4.
With the TV money and the fact you got Matip for free you could probably afford it. Xhaka might be difficult to get but I think you need a new 13/14 Gerrard type back there to spray the passes around. Can isn't the answer there from what I've seen.

i never seen Xhaka play to make an option about it...

only thing im positive about our future is Jurgen Klopp.

i trust him and his team to sort the shit out...

Yea, I'd trust him too. Similar thing with Pep for us. Usually I'd be constantly thinking about what the squad needs but now I'm relaxed cos I have trust in the manager

Klopp better just keep his hands away from Gundogan!

fantastic performance tonight...especially Lallana, Milner and Toure... heck everyone played great...

Flanagan will give Moreno big troubles after tonight as well...

and what a weekend of football ahead... Arsenal vs. Tottenham, Bayern vs BVB...

Back
Top Bottom