Liverpool Thread

Good sets of results from Liverpools point of view today..

To bad West Ham won, but still they beat Everton :P

...all we need to do is to win our next two matches.... hopefully.

good from Bournemouth.. they look safe now.

Bilic is having a good time eh. A good set of managers this season making the watch and league very interesting.

West Ham are having a phenomenal season, considering aal the injuries they have had (to key players).

I saw the match against Spurs and they were terrific. Spurs lost because West Ham were great.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Someone should investigate Palace for match fixing...what a last 15 minutes from them. Worst I've seen all year. Free kick with 30 seconds to go? Straight to opposition keeper.

this was a great weekend.

Cc4U6u6UkAEmyr2.jpg

Cc4n7_CWIAALBUc.jpg

Cc4l_VbW0AAKlfM.jpg

Cczs9_EWIAE1ZAJ.jpg

Cc4J0CGXIAI0EvS.jpg

fantastic performance...

Clyne, Sakho, Can, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino.... one of best performances for this club...

if it wasn´t for De Gea, we would score 4 goals...

Henderson with a massive chance, as well as Coutinho....

great match and atmosphere!!!

ycTdarI.jpg

:RSCARF::RSCARF::RSCARF::RSCARF:

Can't believe you couldn't manage more against that feeble excuse for a united team.

Also when did you all start diving so much? Fellaini booked with no contact and Henderson should have been sent off for his. Plus the Countinho booking...

Actually maybe Klopp just did research onto that Homer ref. So unfair we can't have the same at OT.

well you have the best GK in PL so... that´s why..

Madrid still want to bring him in? it would be a massive loss for you if he would go..

Sad spectacle yesterday.
Some morons turn up with a Liverpool flag in the United end and some other morons feel provocated. It ends in a useless bloody fight for a simple flag.

Both the Liverpool fans and the United fighters should get a lifelong stadium ban. This is a fine example why these rivalries are not mere banter and utterly ridiculous.

I could post the same in the United thread, by the way. I only post it here because there are enough United fans who still think that i hate that club and the discussion would start all over again.

I quite like Liverpool, would even like them to win the title again.

Oh and the Spurs obsession with Arsenal is as ridiculous is this rivalry.

It's only football...

Congratulations, by the way. Great goal by Coutinho! Winning the Euro League would help you build a very strong squad for next season...

sad? at least there is some passion left in football, without fans the sport is dead.. Liverpool fans created a fantastic atmosphere in both games, home and away.. don´t have time to upload pics or videos, but it was amazing...with the pyro and singing at half time..

It was still better banter than United fans singing at Anfield what they sung... without UEFA even noticing...

i for one would ignore the Liverpool supporters, or mostly say something..not actually went there to beat them...if this provokes you, you are a moron yourself, if that is what makes you angry... it is a fault of the stadium staff not to take these guys out of the stand or stadium.. because there are moorons everywhere, in all fan groups...

what was sad yesterday were United, i knew they would crumble after SAF, but this was very poor in second half mainly... No soul and belief, and mostly quality in that team... how Fellaini gets the place in that team is a mistery even to me.. Heck i for one feel the fact he wasn´t punished for the elbow on Can is a punishment for United...

Last edited:
Fellaini should have been sent off 3 times in that tie. Might have improved us.

We're utterly done. And the board do nothing. Why bother watching anymore?

LFC still have lots to do. If we could finish, should have scored at least 3/4 yesterday, and we're terrible.

certainly the team yesterday had still a chance to turn the match and tie around, because Liverpool had a shocking spell in first half where they kept losing balls and had no possesion + made such idiotic mistakes as the pass that lead to United´s penalty... i lost it there so much seeing that.... i was so angry...

but then Coutinho magic goal happend.. i believe after that even the fans of United didn´t believe in other than they are out..

now we have Dortmund, on paper the strongest oponent left in the competition.. but i can´t wait for that match.. i believe it will be amazing atmosphere and football.

Braga vs Shakhtar Donetsk
Villarreal vs Sparta Prague
Athletic Bilbao vs Sevilla
Borussia Dortmund vs Liverpool

Think the winners are somewhere in the bold

i would not underestimate Shakthar and Villareal tbh...

but what is it about this competition i like very much is the fact there are interesting matches happening in contrary to CL for years now...

idk, CL is obviously the highest level or considered highest level...but EL has some very exciting football and atmosphere and overall, interesting original ties... idk, i like EL... at least it is more attractive for me now than CL... i got bored to watch Real Madrid vs AS Roma or Arsenal vs Barcelona each season..

imo CL format needs change... because the winners are always 4 or 5 clubs...not very surprising stuff

Pipa i think it's better that i don't answer to your reply to my post about the fighting fans, i might get banned for disrespect.

How can you be so obviously blind?

Why would a normal fan desire to be seated amongst the fans of the archrivals and then show a flag?

Let's just agree to disagree about this. I shouldn't have brought this up. It was stupid.

i never said i think it is normal and that i agree with it, but i consider it a healthy banter, in contrary to what United fans sung during the first leg, this is nothing realy... and i ment the atmosphere was great as whole, not thinking about that incident...

also...this things happend, especially in this kind of matches...

There are staff at stadium for these situations.. you can´t prevent this to happend.. you are saying that 8 fans who show a flag should be responsible for everyone to be baned? realy?

Im all for safety in football matches and what not, but football should be fun, rivalry, passion, flares, singing, not just sitting and eating... in fact now that Premier League realised finally fans are important at away games to create SUCH atmosphere as you saw at United match yesterday, they agreed on a cap for prices of away tickets to EACH match to 30 pounds, wich only proves that without passionate fans in away games, the atmosphere is dull...

there was no harm in such banter, every normal person, be it United or Liverpool supporter that night would not be provoked by that...i might laugh, but i experienced a lot of similar stuff in other matches i went in my life from oposite fans, i had a laugh, showed finger and stuff and that´s it... every normal person would react non-violently...

things like that belong to the game, and i hope they will stay in the game... things like those in first leg of the tie however...don´t. And it is very sad they were not adressed officially by UEFA. This is what is most sad imo...not what happend yesterday with the bunch of fans...

Confirmed #LFC team v @SouthamptonFC: Mignolet, Flanagan, Lovren, Sakho, Clyne, Can, Allen, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi, Sturridge

Confirmed #LFC subs v @SouthamptonFC: Ward, Toure, Benteke, Henderson, Skrtel, Smith, Ojo

Flanagan will lead as captain.... great choice, deserved this.

as for Henderson on bench, he needed rest... doubt his long term future is with the club though if he doesn´t improve..

what to say about today... im more angry than disspointed, but today goes on Klopp as well....some of the most stupid decisions ever since he joined..

Skrtel and Benteke introduction to the game killed our game... not to mention both these players hopefully played their last game for this club today.

we would have such great position if we won today, but it doesn´t mean nothing...

4th will go to United or WHU... definetly.

Liverpool vs Tottenham: Catalogue of errors saw Spurs sign Dele Alli to pass Reds in Premier League hierarchy

Simon Hughes

The journey towards Liverpool’s and Tottenham Hotspur’s contrasting present positions began around this time two years ago when Brendan Rodgers implied he wouldn’t follow Spurs by wasting £100m on duff players. The next afternoon Liverpool thrashed Tim Sherwood’s team; setting Sherwood on a direct course for the sack and Liverpool, seemingly, to the title.

Six days later Rodgers met Dele Alli in London and did not have to work too hard to convince the player that Anfield was the place for him. Alli’s manager at MK Dons was Karl Robinson, a Merseyside native, a Liverpool supporter and someone who began his coaching career under the legendary Steve Heighway on the windy fields of the club’s academy in Kirkby. Alli’s hero was Steven Gerrard.

When Alli later travelled to Liverpool for a grand guided tour of the Melwood training complex, however, Gerrard did not know he was there because he was sleeping ahead of a game and nobody present considered it prudent to wake him.

The process of the transfer proceeded to drag for months, with Liverpool not willing to meet the asking price. When an agreement was finally reached in November 2014, the deal would earn MK Dons around £3million.

Suddenly, though, someone at Liverpool decided it was worth trying to negotiate the offer to club and player down by half and with that, discussions stalled again. The line of contact soon fell quiet, much to Robinson’s and MK Dons’ frustration and disappointment.

In the blurry world of recruitment at Liverpool where manager, transfer committee and chief executive all supposedly have equivalent input, it is a challenge determining whom, precisely, should be held accountable for what has proven to be a succession of errors.

What is certain, should Tottenham finish second this season, Rodgers’s 2014 claim will have transpired to be truer than he imagined, though certainly not in the way he expected.
Who is playing for their Liverpool future?

Sherwood’s successor, Maurico Pochettino, appreciated he was behind Liverpool in the queue for Alli and yet, he stamped the midfielder’s enlistment with priority status. Alli’s subsequent development has made the £5m fee that took him to White Hart Lane seem like loose change.

Rodgers, meanwhile, paid with his job for a decline in results, which his critics attribute towards the creation of a squad with vanilla personality. By the summer of 2015, there was no Gerrard to fall back on and ultimately no Alli waiting for the chance to succeed him.

Jürgen Klopp’s first game in charge of Liverpool came against Tottenham six months ago and he has since been credited with instilling some fight into the Liverpool team. No side has recovered from losing positions as much as Liverpool since Klopp’s appointment, indeed, but with only six weeks to go, if Liverpool finish where they are in the table currently it will represent their worst Premier League campaign.

Victory for Tottenham at Anfield on Saturday evening would narrow the gap between themselves and Leicester at the top to two points, while a positive result for Liverpool might make qualification for the Europa League a realistic possibility again.

How times have changed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-to-pass-reds-in-premier-league-a6963306.html

giphy.gif

There are similar examples for every club, Pipa.
Bergkamp was a Spurs fan and Hoddle was his idol. Spurs were in pole position for him, het he ended up at Arsenal. Who knows if Bergkamp would have been as good for Spurs?

With hindsight, everything looks easy.

What's even worse is having a great youth player in your team and never giving him the chance to play at a time he was needed most for the lack of class players in his position, who then leaves for nothing to another big club and becomes one of the best players in the world in his first season; Pogba.

I want to cry every time I see him play.

the best thing about it is Rodgers statement about spurs wasting 100m and then he goes and does the same thing.

I'm sure he learned a lesson from it though.

Origi you beast!!! *again*

I thought with Allen and Lallana and Milner in the side we would've chased down everyone! Bring in Dortmund !

Back
Top Bottom