Liverpool Thread

Thailand vs. Liverpool was so crappy! We were like midgets and Heskey was bullying our defenders.

How about this Le Tallac guy? He had a nice shot on goal but our short keeper tipped the ball away. :D

Misfit said:
mathewsss said:
If we can make the top 3 and win a Cup, it will be a success.
The League Title would be a fantastic bonus.
Let's see !! YNWA!!

no it wont!!we are not spurs,everton,newcastle or chelsea.winning the championship is a success,anything else would be deemed a failure.unfortunately now,winning the champions league would be considered a bonus

After the 2001-2002 season where we finished 2nd, nothing less than the championship would do for me. That was the next logical step after the "treble" season and getting into the champions league.
But Houllier and his under-achieving team let us down last season.
Last season was a major disappointment. We finished 5th !!!

We have bought a few good players (Kewell, Finnan)...forget about the French gems...they will take time to adjust to the English game. Look how long it is taking Diouf & Cheyrou !
So with the marginal improvement in our squad I can't honestly see us winning the championship. I don't expect it to happen in the new season.
Which is why I said that the Championship would be a big unexpected bonus.
BTW Chelsea and Newcastle both finished above us last season, so we have some catching up to do.
Spurs & Everton can't even dream of getting into the Champions League.

mathewsss said:
Misfit said:
mathewsss said:
If we can make the top 3 and win a Cup, it will be a success.
The League Title would be a fantastic bonus.
Let's see !! YNWA!!

no it wont!!we are not spurs,everton,newcastle or chelsea.winning the championship is a success,anything else would be deemed a failure.unfortunately now,winning the champions league would be considered a bonus

After the 2001-2002 season where we finished 2nd, nothing less than the championship would do for me. That was the next logical step after the "treble" season and getting into the champions league.
But Houllier and his under-achieving team let us down last season.
Last season was a major disappointment. We finished 5th !!!

We have bought a few good players (Kewell, Finnan)...forget about the French gems...they will take time to adjust to the English game. Look how long it is taking Diouf & Cheyrou !
So with the marginal improvement in our squad I can't honestly see us winning the championship. I don't expect it to happen in the new season.
Which is why I said that the Championship would be a big unexpected bonus.
BTW Chelsea and Newcastle both finished above us last season, so we have some catching up to do.
Spurs & Everton can't even dream of getting into the Champions League.

i for one am very sure we wont ever win the league under houllier.but thats not sayin lets just settle for a 3rd place finish and win a mickey mouse cup then we are successful.we are a club which should win the league,f*ck,chelsea,f*ck newcastle.finishing before us in a year doesnt prove anything.i know that pre season doesnt count for anything but if it was anything to go by,man are we f*cked this season again!same old shit,diffrent season.only bright thing during pre season was probably le tallec who had a good showing again in thailand today.trust me when i say i want liverpool to be champions again but sadly not gonna happen.untill then,im not gonna settle for anything less.i dont support teams like newcastle or chelsea.F*CK Houllier i say,we need Capello if we are to be back to where we belong,the top team in england

Misfit said:
i for one am very sure we wont ever win the league under houllier.but thats not sayin lets just settle for a 3rd place finish and win a mickey mouse cup then we are successful.we are a club which should win the league,f*ck,chelsea,f*ck newcastle.finishing before us in a year doesnt prove anything.i know that pre season doesnt count for anything but if it was anything to go by,man are we f*cked this season again!same old ****,diffrent season.only bright thing during pre season was probably le tallec who had a good showing again in thailand today.trust me when i say i want liverpool to be champions again but sadly not gonna happen.untill then,im not gonna settle for anything less.i dont support teams like newcastle or chelsea.F*CK Houllier i say,we need Capello if we are to be back to where we belong,the top team in england

I agree, I can't see us winning the Title under Houllier.
Last season proved it. You can only go so far with his style of football.
Other teams have sussed us out and when they invite us to attack them, we are clueless.
We may improve a bit this season, but still I can't see us breaking into the top 2 of ManU & Arsenal. We will be fighting among the likes of Chelsea, Newcastle for Champions league football. Nothing more than that unfortunately. And you're right Liverpool should be aiming for the Title.

IMO this may be the season where Owen could leave us. If that happens I really can't see Houllier lasting for any longer.

Kewell set for quick return
Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier says Australian striker Harry Kewell could be back in training by the end of the week.
Kewell, who was signed in a £5m deal from Leeds two weeks ago, pulled out of Liverpool's pre-season tour to the Far East after aggravating an ankle injury in a friendly against Crewe Alexandra.
"I phoned the physio today and obviously he (Kewell) cannot kick a ball," Houllier told reporters in Bangkok after Liverpool beat the Thai national team 3-1 on Thursday.
"I imagine that at the end of the week, the beginning of next week, he should be able to join in training.
"There was no fracture, not even the rupture of ligaments that we had feared. It was just a strain thing."
Kewell has a little over three weeks to get fit for the start of the English premier league season on 16 August.

LIVERPOOL midfielder Dietmar Hamann has hit out at the speculation over his future, insisting he has no plans to quit Anfield. The German star's future has been the subject of intense speculation all summer with reports linking him with a return to Germany.
Hamann has rubbished the reports and reaffirmed his desire to stay at Liverpool where he still has two years to run on his current contract.
"It just goes to show it was all speculation," said Hamann.
"This has happened to me for the last three or four years now and it always seems to start up at the same times each year.
"I don't know why it happens and I'm not that interested. I am still here so it shows there was no truth in the rumours at all."
Meanwhile, Liverpool midfielder Bruno Cheyrou has admitted he hopes to do better this year at Anfield after a nightmare debut season at the club.
The French international struggled to establish himself at Anfield last year, but he believes he will show his true worth now he has settled in the country.
"My first year at Liverpool was an adaptation year. As the manager said, I needed time to settle down into the club and in the country," said Cheyrou.
"You always expect to do more than I did last year, but now I can only do better.
"I know I wasn't at my best. When you are playing well, scoring goals and getting selected in the team regularly your confidence improves.
"Sadly for me, that never happened at all last season."

theres this rumour goin round that we will unveil one more player before we leave for amsterdam.supposedly a winger,so i guess no cisse then.damn!i was really hopin we'd get him now.word has it that it'll be a winger from arsenal.just a rumour ive heard........or rather read

Misfit said:
theres this rumour goin round that we will unveil one more player before we leave for amsterdam.supposedly a winger,so i guess no cisse then.damn!i was really hopin we'd get him now.word has it that it'll be a winger from arsenal.just a rumour ive heard........or rather read

I've heard it could be Van Der Vaart. Remember that rumour of a mystery medical at Melwood last week? I heard that was Boumsong.

cal-neva said:
Misfit said:

I've heard it could be Van Der Vaart. Remember that rumour of a mystery medical at Melwood last week? I heard that was Boumsong.

yeah,hope its VDV.cant be boumsong now as he has said he will stay in france in order to get selected for the national team when euro2004 comes around

Misfit said:
Arsenal don't have any wingers!

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Misfit said:

alrighty then,let make it clearer for you.its suppose to be one of pires(which i doubt),ljungberg(wouldnt mind),wiltord(although striker but playin in a wide positon).it cant be wiltord IMO as he has said that he wants to play upfront

Misfit said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Misfit said:

alrighty then,let make it clearer for you.its suppose to be one of pires(which i doubt),ljungberg(wouldnt mind),wiltord(although striker but playin in a wide positon).it cant be wiltord IMO as he has said that he wants to play upfront
Where did you hear this?.............Don't tell me Koptalk!?......if so don't believe a word that they say, they write bullshit.

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Misfit said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Misfit said:

Where did you hear this?.............Don't tell me Koptalk!?......if so don't believe a word that they say, they write bull****.

cant recall but it wasnt koptalk.will look for source again and post it here

By the way are Liverpool still building a new stadium or has that been canned?

According to my book: Football Grounds
IT SAYS:

The club are in serious planning for a new 70,000 stadium costing £150 million on land about 200 yards from anfield. It will be built adjacent to Stanley Park.If the project proceeds,after consulting with the council and local residents,it is hoped that the new ground will open for the start of the 2004/2005season.Now wait a minute that is next season to late, and the additional plans to build a new Anfield look distant.The book cost £35 so it is very reliable and it was made for the 2002 season.

Using common sense Liverpool dont look to be building a new stadium.

If you want any information on your clubs ground plans send me a PM thankyou.

Misfit said:
england22 said:
didnt houllier say no more buys??

he was misqouted.the "wallet" has said they will be additional signings.if not now the definitely around xmas.

lol how much does this guy spend, he's spent fookin millions on the 7 trophies (LOL!!!!!)

but yet he's no where near this........

13.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Misfit said:
_39132253_ronsecondemp.jpg

Thats right.........

Lovely stuff. Never get tired at looking at that.
Ha ha! Also just spotted Macca in the background, that just totally adds insult to injury!!

Misfit said:
Thats right.........

yeah but Real dint win it so who cares they spent millions and got beat by a team we battered home and away :roll:

anyway your a liverpool fan rite? and your havin to use other teams pictures in an attempt to wind me up...

lol!!! so hows that relevant to a scouser??

see Keano lift The Prem Trophy
13.jpg
as Manchester United win The Championship they have made their own (note how liverpools name isnt on The Trophy) for the 8th time in 11 seasons (note lfc best ever league postion in The Prem is 2nd)

Now thats relevant....

oh in case you forgot who The Champions are....

liverpool's next pre season game will be against a hong kong team.chris kirkland is all but ready for it

_39137236_doctor203ap.jpg

Back
Top Bottom