Liverpool Thread

Sabac Red said:
I heard we played 4-3-1-2 formation with Kewell in the free role...and it was working pretty good(even tho we lacked width)...and then Le Tallec played there and did well(as we know)....

I think Ged can do no wrong with us playing more attackive football, as long as the defence can sought it out at the back we could substain a strong challenge for the title this upcoming season....

does he know how to get a team to play attacking football?? he's been there years now had shed loads of cash, he's got the best english striker for a generation and he still cant get em playin attractive footy and they are still along way off winning their FIRST Prem title...

so whats gonna change?? and if you think an injury prone aussie is your saviour i'd lay of the crack :twisted:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Sabac Red said:
I heard we played 4-3-1-2 formation with Kewell in the free role...and it was working pretty good(even tho we lacked width)...and then Le Tallec played there and did well(as we know)....

I think Ged can do no wrong with us playing more attackive football, as long as the defence can sought it out at the back we could substain a strong challenge for the title this upcoming season....

does he know how to get a team to play attacking football?? he's been there years now had shed loads of cash, he's got the best english striker for a generation and he still cant get em playin attractive footy and they are still along way off winning their FIRST Prem title...

so whats gonna change?? and if you think an injury prone aussie is your saviour i'd lay of the crack :twisted:

sad but true........

this was written by the editor of koptalk:
you've all been sucked in
Take a look at the squad that flew out to the Far East and you will see that the squad is just the same as the one we finished last season with. The same squad that you were all completely sick of. The squad that had failed yet again to bring the title back to Anfield.
You're a bunch of suckers you really are.
The above statement is not completely true of course but it's kind of true. Steve Finnan and Harry Kewell are injured before a ball has even been kicked so had this happened during the season we'd be looking to who we have in cover. The same cover that is that couldn't even mount a serious title challenge never mind come even close.
This summer I'm personally more excited about the return of Markus Babbel and the imported French gems. The boss himself says that Pongolle and Le Tallec are not ready for Premiership action yet because "they are not finished". So where does this leave us when the likes of Kewell and Finnan are injured? Back in the exact same position, that's where it leaves us.
I don't want to pour water over your fire but last season people were calling for blood. Why is everyone so calm now? I'll tell you why, you're so calm because you've fallen for the spin.
Criticise me if you wish but I'll tell you this and you can quote me on it next year. Liverpool will not win the Premiership with the current squad unless additional quality is added to it.
Looking at our current poll, at the time of publishing this update, a massive 80% of you want to see at least one more quality signing added to the squad this summer. I'm glad you're not as naive as some people.
I believe we have a very, very good squad. We have some great players that some clubs envy us for but we're just a little bit short for when key players are injured.
It's no good saying we can buy at the half way stage of the season. It could be too late then. Buy now FFS. Let's strengthen and take them on.
We are capable of playing some great football and we are capable of winning things but we're already entering the new season with a £10million striker in El-Hadji Diouf playing as a midfielder. Why not forget signing Cisse and use that revenue to buy a quality addition for that right side and use El-Hadji as a striker which is where he is most effective. Even Kewell can play as a striker and a bloody good one at that.
Take your pick for midfield strengthening from Malbranque (£4m?), Cole (£6m?) and Pires (£4m?) - all are available, all have Premier League experience. I'm stunned we haven't snapped one of these up.
And another thing. Diarra. Why loan him to Bastia when Villa were interested now that the laws have changed? Surely we want our players to have Premier League experience or at the very least, Football League experience?
It'll soon be Christmas you know. Come then, let's hope we're not hearing the same predictable excuses concerning new signings that missed pre-season.
Harry Kewell wasn't our most important signing, the next one is.

excellent article,my sentiments exactly

Misfit said:
Take a look at the squad that flew out to the Far East and you will see that the squad is just the same as the one we finished last season with. The same squad that you were all completely sick of. The squad that had failed yet again to bring the title back to Anfield.
The above statement is not completely true of course but it's kind of true. Steve Finnan and Harry Kewell are injured before a ball has even been kicked so had this happened during the season we'd be looking to who we have in cover. The same cover that is that couldn't even mount a serious title challenge never mind come even close.
This summer I'm personally more excited about the return of Markus Babbel and the imported French gems. The boss himself says that Pongolle and Le Tallec are not ready for Premiership action yet because "they are not finished". So where does this leave us when the likes of Kewell and Finnan are injured? Back in the exact same position, that's where it leaves us.
I don't want to pour water over your fire but last season people were calling for blood. Why is everyone so calm now? I'll tell you why, you're so calm because you've fallen for the spin.
Criticise me if you wish but I'll tell you this and you can quote me on it next year. Liverpool will not win the Premiership with the current squad unless additional quality is added to it.
Looking at our current poll, at the time of publishing this update, a massive 80% of you want to see at least one more quality signing added to the squad this summer. I'm glad you're not as naive as some people.
I believe we have a very, very good squad. We have some great players that some clubs envy us for but we're just a little bit short for when key players are injured.
It's no good saying we can buy at the half way stage of the season. It could be too late then. Buy now FFS. Let's strengthen and take them on.
We are capable of playing some great football and we are capable of winning things but we're already entering the new season with a £10million striker in El-Hadji Diouf playing as a midfielder. Why not forget signing Cisse and use that revenue to buy a quality addition for that right side and use El-Hadji as a striker which is where he is most effective. Even Kewell can play as a striker and a bloody good one at that.
Take your pick for midfield strengthening from Malbranque (£4m?), Cole (£6m?) and Pires (£4m?) - all are available, all have Premier League experience. I'm stunned we haven't snapped one of these up.
And another thing. Diarra. Why loan him to Bastia when Villa were interested now that the laws have changed? Surely we want our players to have Premier League experience or at the very least, Football League experience?
It'll soon be Christmas you know. Come then, let's hope we're not hearing the same predictable excuses concerning new signings that missed pre-season.

I agree, that is a fantastic article.

Misfit said:

covers EVERYTHING about lpools sub-par achievments during the last couple of years, sure they stole the worthy away from man u, but lpool was more than the worthy. a trip to cardiff for different reasons wudve proved otherwise, but houlliers boys dont seem to b able to get it off, if lpool manage to get players like, as "koptalk" mentioned, pires, cole etc. thigns wud FLIP over NOW, for the injured plagued reds. koptalk hit it RITE between the eyes on this one, wat u need to do needs to b done NOW

-azn

have a strange feeling we are not gonna do it with houllier and thompson.hope they get sacked real soon.capello would be great as he would be out of work in 2004.

Misfit said:
have a strange feeling we are not gonna do it with houllier and thompson..

lol at the scousers for thinking GH and thomo would win them the league. I feel sorry for owen and gerrard the two genuine world class players they have and the only medals available are the league cup.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Misfit said:

lol at the scousers for thinking GH and thomo would win them the league. I feel sorry for owen and gerrard the two genuine world class players they have and the only medals available are the league cup.

think you forgot the uefa cup and fa cup but then thats nothin to brag about.......

Misfit said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Misfit said:

think you forgot the uefa cup and fa cup but then thats nothin to brag about.......

nah I didint forget them but most scousers (and plastic scousers) are desperate to win the league and become a force in europe again and the cups you mention dont push you to that status, if they did scousers wouldnt be living in the 70's hence little mickey owen not signing a new contract....

230703_Ronaldinho_gran.jpg

210703_Ronaldinho10_gran.jpg

210703_Ronaldinhobrazos_dif.jpg

210703_Ronaldinho10_petit.jpg

210703_Ronaldinhopeto_petit.jpg

I love Ronaldinho, yes I do. Him, Harry Kewell and David Beckham :D

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Misfit said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Misfit said:

nah I didint forget them but most scousers (and plastic scousers) are desperate to win the league and become a force in europe again and the cups you mention dont push you to that status, if they did scousers wouldnt be living in the 70's hence little mickey owen not signing a new contract....
Vinnie is still a bitter an twisted Prick I see. Harry kewell and ronaldinho hate c*nts like you. And that's why they decline to join a club where the supporters are even bigger C*nts than the sour faced, Miserable scotsman who's at the helm. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think the best we can hope for this season is a top-3 position.
Our midfield and attack have definitely improved.
Owen-Kewell-Gerrard will form the spine of the attack-midfield. We'll need these 3 to be fit for about 80-90% of the games.
(otherwise we could be in trouble)

I think Cheyrou & Diouf can only get better now that they have some experience in the Premiership. Milan Baros has to be first choice up front. This can only be good news because Heskey may now actually improve his game or leave the club. (both good alternatives)
Kewell & Diouf can both play up front. Mellor should also get more chances.

In defence I feel a back-four of Finnan-H-H-Riise/Carra should be solid.
Babbel, Vignal are good backups for the fullback. Carragher can play
at centreback. I don't have much faith in Biscan & Traore yet.
Maybe we should have signed a Centre-back.
In goal, we are covered. Dudek & Kirkland are both good.

But I feel this could be our make-or-break season. If we are in the top 3 by Christmas and in touch with the leaders then it will be good.
But if we have another slump, then I can't see Owen renewing his contract.
If he leaves, I think Houllier will be sacked.

We desperately need to get back into the Champions League. I hope Kewell helps us with goals and more creativity, but we can't just depend on him. We need inspiration from more than just one player. Hopefully Diouf & Cheyrou will improve and add to our options.
If Kewell is played in the hole behind the two strikers, then we are missing out on some width. Will we play the diamond 4-4-2A formation ?
Then who will provide us width ? Riise ? Cheyrou ?

I can't see us going into another slump like last season. (unless we have terrible injuries)
It would take some effort to repeat such horrendous form. ;)
Hopefully this could be the season we win the Championship, but I'm not dreaming and I know that we are trailing behind the likes of ManU, Arsenal, Newcastle & Chelsea.
If we can make the top 3 and win a Cup, it will be a success.
The League Title would be a fantastic bonus.
Let's see !! YNWA!!

mathewsss said:
If we can make the top 3 and win a Cup, it will be a success.
The League Title would be a fantastic bonus.
Let's see !! YNWA!!

no it wont!!we are not spurs,everton,newcastle or chelsea.winning the championship is a success,anything else would be deemed a failure.unfortunately now,winning the champions league would be considered a bonus

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Vinnie is still a bitter an twisted Prick I see. Harry kewell and ronaldinho hate c*nts like you. And that's why they decline to join a club where the supporters are even bigger C*nts than the sour faced, Miserable scotsman who's at the helm. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

still livin in the clouds you sorry scouse twat :)

what I said was spot on mate, or is winning a little trophy every couple of seasons what lfc are now accustomed too...

the funny thing about kewell is that he's f*ckin injured already LMFAO!!! and the scousers think we've mssed out Fookin LOL!!!!

and as for the Ronnie thing he's the one who looks stupid cos he was in ALL the papers saying how he wanted to be the first brazilian at OT...

liverpool are drawing 1-1 with the thai national team at the moment.heskey scored for the reds in the first half which lasted 55mins due to a dumb thai refree who forgot to blow the whistle.HT score 1-1

The pre-season game with Fleetwood has been moved from Highbury (Fleetwood) to Bloomfield Road (Blackpool) in order to accomodate the thousands of fans who applied for tickets

And I`m goin :D

mathewsss said:
In defence I feel a back-four of Finnan-H-H-Riise/Carra should be solid.

yeah, but I'd prefer Riise at left back though. With Kewell down the left side that gives us a lot more width already.

CWright said:
The pre-season game with Fleetwood has been moved from Highbury (Fleetwood) to Bloomfield Road (Blackpool) in order to accomodate the thousands of fans who applied for tickets

I might be actually going up to that game as well!

I'll be looking out for you Chris. :twisted:

Although dont sit too near Sven, or I may get confused.

cal-neva said:
CWright said:

If your going Cal then I cant, you scare me ;)

Who knows maybe I will see you up there :shock:

CWright said:

he he!

If I'm going up, I'll buy you a beer mate. ;)

Smicer x2

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
CWright said:
As long as you dont hit me with the bottle ;)

out of curiosity CW are you a bonafide scouser (ZZZ) or a dirty plastic scouser (cal-neva) ???

In those terms I believe I am a plastic Scouser, born in Ormskirk. But Scouse is Scouse

CWright said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
CWright said:
As long as you dont hit me with the bottle ;)

out of curiosity CW are you a bonafide scouser (ZZZ) or a dirty plastic scouser (cal-neva) ???

In those terms I believe I am a plastic Scouser, born in Ormskirk. But Scouse is Scouse

Ormskirk??

Its in Lancs though I s'pose, but you aint a scouser lol!!

aint as bad as cal though ;)

CWright said:
cal-neva said:
CWright said:

I live in Fleetwood! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom