Liverpool Thread

Looks like he has left the door open for any big offers to come this summer.

I won't blame him if he left to join Bayern/Barca/Real who are the top 3 teams in Europe.

It would be a massive blow to the club who are just beginning to recover after the huge waste of money on Carroll and Downing.

Just hope we don't waste the resulting 40-50m we get on useless players.

Its ok brendan would spend the money on scott sinclair and ashley williams......

Its ok brendan would spend the money on scott sinclair and ashley williams......

Ince is worth 40 mil, surely... right?

Haha appears some big name strikers are gonna be sought this transfer window - Cavani, Suarez, Falcao, even Hulk may wanna leave Russia, and the constant noise surrounding Neymar :D

It would mean Suarez REALLY REALLY loving Liverpool if he were to stay another few seasons without the champs league (You may get there sooner who knows?)

The good thing is you will get lots of money and can hopefully bring in a couple of good quality strikers to replace him (Or other players to enhance your squad)

It might be a blessing? who knows?

It would mean Suarez REALLY REALLY loving Liverpool if he were to stay another few seasons without the champs league (You may get there sooner who knows?)

The good thing is you will get lots of money and can hopefully bring in a couple of good quality strikers to replace him (Or other players to enhance your squad)

It might be a blessing? who knows?

or buy an other carroll with money we sell suarez who know !

I said months ago that if LFC could actually get what Suarez is worth (c. 40m quid) then it would improve their team. Suarez is obviously one of the best strikers in the prem, BUT, the team has more issues that need addressing imo.

Gerrard has played more minutes than any other LFC player in the league, and he's not exactly a spring chicken. Agger and Skrtl haven't looked good this season. Reina needs replacing. Other than Sterling who seems to have disappeared, you don't really have any wingers either. No Downing doesn't count.

So if you could get that kind of fee for Suarez, then you'd be able to buy a 10m or so rated defender, 10m or so rated keeper, 10m or so dependable, veteran striker to lead the line and still have 10m leftover to negotiate the above 3 with.

Personally think that would actually boost LFC's chances more than keeping Suarez, as undeniably good as he's been this season.

I said months ago that if LFC could actually get what Suarez is worth (c. 40m quid) then it would improve their team. Suarez is obviously one of the best strikers in the prem, BUT, the team has more issues that need addressing imo.

Gerrard has played more minutes than any other LFC player in the league, and he's not exactly a spring chicken. Agger and Skrtl haven't looked good this season. Reina needs replacing. Other than Sterling who seems to have disappeared, you don't really have any wingers either. No Downing doesn't count.

So if you could get that kind of fee for Suarez, then you'd be able to buy a 10m or so rated defender, 10m or so rated keeper, 10m or so dependable, veteran striker to lead the line and still have 10m leftover to negotiate the above 3 with.

Personally think that would actually boost LFC's chances more than keeping Suarez, as undeniably good as he's been this season.

The problem is if we do get 40-50m for Suarez, 15m for Reina, 10m for Skrtel, we really need to be very wise in the 4-5 players we can sign with that kind of money.

Not something Liverpool have been good with in the last 20-odd years...

LOL ! good one.

But to be fair, I think we have had some success if you look at some of Houllier's and Rafa's signings:
hyppia, henchoz, babel, mcallister, heskey in summer of 2000. Won 3 trophies
Alonso, garcia, (summer of 2004). Won the CL.
torres, kuyt, masch, benayoun. (2005-09) we were consistent CL and PL top-4.

Yes both managers made blunders (Diao, Diouf, Cheyrou, Babel, Keane, Aquilani, etc)

Dalglish was probably the worst though, making so many blunders in one summer....hard to top that one.

But if you look at the records of Rafa and Houllier it is almost 50-50...and Rodgers has also had a bad start to his transfer dealings.
So not filled with much confidence if Rodgers is given a large amount of money !!

as much as we got for Torres and more.

Won't happen again. That was a one off, (and stupid) decision driven by Abramovich's irrationality and the timing (last chance before FFP).

I think 40m is a stretch. With FFP about to kick in, clubs aren't going to go nuts anymore.

With the possible exception of PSG, of course - who seem to be pretty confident of basically taking the FFP spirit and saying 'i piss on eeeeet'.

Won't happen again. That was a one off, (and stupid) decision driven by Abramovich's irrationality and the timing (last chance before FFP).

I think 40m is a stretch. With FFP about to kick in, clubs aren't going to go nuts anymore.

With the possible exception of PSG, of course - who seem to be pretty confident of basically taking the FFP spirit and saying 'i piss on eeeeet'.

i realy don´t care what money we can make of possible sell more than i care about how we can replace him with that money or better said, how will the money be used.. maybe we will buy similar player for nothing or splash all money on someone like Carroll...

i realy don´t care what money we can make of possible sell more than i care about how we can replace him with that money or better said, how will the money be used.. maybe we will buy similar player for nothing or splash all money on someone like Carroll...

If Suarez gets sold and Rodgers starts tossing out every imaginable big name as possible replacements..I'd be very worried. If he goes quiet, I'd say you have a chance of landing a decent replacement. You seem to dget better results when he keeps his overinflated confidence in check. Though he might funnel some of the collected fee into a special account to commission the construction of a large buste of himself to placed on the Kop`s roof.

Last edited:
50M could be the price point if a bidding war starts but the way its going I can see his destination being Bayern and they'll pay around 40M.

50M could be the price point if a bidding war starts but the way its going I can see his destination being Bayern and they'll pay around 40M.

if they paid 40+ milion for a guy like Javi Martinez than I want double for Suarez :SMUG:

and we need a new Sami Hyppia , that guy was a legend and every corner was a dangerous , now both are huge guys Agger and Skrtle and we take way to much goal from corners and we aren't dangerous when we have corners , BR should work more on this !

if they paid 40+ milion for a guy like Javi Martinez than I want double for Suarez :SMUG:

and we need a new Sami Hyppia , that guy was a legend and every corner was a dangerous , now both are huge guys Agger and Skrtle and we take way to much goal from corners and we aren't dangerous when we have corners , BR should work more on this !

Javi Martinez was worth the money imo, he's a versatile player. However, I think Suarez is worth around 50m and that is a big amount of money. Unfortunately, I'm afraid we are going to waste them on mediocre players that's why I want Suarez to stay until we find a long-term replacement for him.
Skrtel has been shaky this season, we need a replacement for him asap because Coates is not ready for first team football yet.

Javi Martinez was worth the money imo, he's a versatile player. However, I think Suarez is worth around 50m and that is a big amount of money. Unfortunately, I'm afraid we are going to waste them on mediocre players that's why I want Suarez to stay until we find a long-term replacement for him.
Skrtel has been shaky this season, we need a replacement for him asap because Coates is not ready for first team football yet.

Besart qysh je a je mir ?

I don't think he's worth that money honestly , & yeah thats why im afraid of , selling him and getting NOTHING with those money , so I would keep him before than going to risk those money on 3 other players like borini & allen

Shum mir, flm.

Yeah I agree that selling Suarez is a huge gamble unless we have a ready made replacement like we had for Torres after we bought Suarez.

we bought Suarez when Torres was still at the club, basicly the arrival of Suarez and departure of Torres happend in same day or few days separated..

it´s not realy about big names to replace him, more like potential players that can get big with us...

we can´t afford to buy top players if we don´t play in europe top competition.

We must buy top players to get into Europe's top competition because we can't get there with players like Skrtel, Allen etc. who make blunders game in and out.
We need at least 3 top players to challenge for the Premier League title and earn a CL place on the way. Now it's the perfect time to invest in quality players not just promising youngsters, we need some experienced players like Gerrard and Carragher.

IMO Javi Martinez is a fine player. In 10 years time he will be seen as one of Bayern's best players ever...nowadays people judge players too soon. It takes time to settle in a new club and certainly a new league with totally different football.

Back
Top Bottom