Liverpool Thread

Re: The Suarez (Liverpool) Thread

of course Suarez will go and be sold one day..but untill then enjoy the show.

we will move on as always.. and won´t buy another Carroll for that money definetly.

Beware if a player says he's very happy, the end is very near then...

I doubt it, he seems genuinely in love with the club. He may be a cheat, but there is something childish in his ways. I suspect it will be one more season.
If he does leave, we should not sell for less than 50m.

Suarez will go for £35m

We will buy Ashley Williams, Nathan Dyer, Leon Britton and Danny Graham.

League won. Simples.

haha nice!!

beach... I share the same opinion in reference to your Rogers comment.

did someone say Andy Carroll. don't remind me...

We were already a laughing stock and then we bought him, getting ripped off by that sportsdirect guy....

Danny Graham just moved to Sunderland... :LOL:

But if Suarez were to go, for say, 60 million, here's some players I'd suggest Liverpool to look at:
Maher (12m), Ogbonna (10m), Alessandrini (10m), Bony (15m)

A central midfielder, a centre back, a left winger and a striker. They're all young and fairly cheap.

Hope we get a win against Wigan today..but i won´t rule out a dull 1:1...

haha nice!!

beach... I share the same opinion in reference to your Rogers comment.

did someone say Andy Carroll. don't remind me...

We were already a laughing stock and then we bought him, getting ripped off by that sportsdirect guy....

Tbh that's been going on for years :LOL: Tbe official club store sells the replica shirts for £48, SportsDirect (directly opposite) sells it for £35. The club must be losing money on this, surely.

Tbh that's been going on for years :LOL: Tbe official club store sells the replica shirts for £48, SportsDirect (directly opposite) sells it for £35. The club must be losing money on this, surely.

Thanks for info I didn't know that ;) just did a search a nd found out that its 23£ now :)

I think Rodgers talks a lot of crap and would best served to shut up and get on with his job, but the football LFC are playing this season is the best I've seen in absolutely donkey's years (far better than under Benitez). Under Kenny it really just looked like sticking out the best XI and hoping things happened.

Rodgers appears to have eased up on his obsession with slow build up, and LFC have been far more dynamic in recent matches - willing to go forward quickly, especially into feet. And they look much better because of it.

Generally speaking I think Rodgers has done alright. There's a coherent feel to what LFC is trying to achieve, even if individual errors has often ruined it this year.

Personally I didn't see any of that last year with Kenny in charge.

Huh - I think Benitez is much more tactically astute than Rodgers.

Rodgers is building on what I think is a archaic concept - a gameplan that is highly idealistic and one that Liverpool don't have the players for. As you said, he does seem to have loosened up a bit in a few recent games, but the same problems have been plaguing liverpool for several years now and little has been done about it.

One thing I thought Benitez was weak in was his transfer policy - but then Comolli and co. came in and really showed how low you can go.

Its sad what the media has done to Suarez - tbh if I was him I'd leave England. He could probably make it to many of the top teams, and swapping rodgers for Pep ain't no question at all.

Edit

You guys think Coutinho will start today? Really interesting to see where he lines up!

Last edited:

Rodgers promote a very entertaining football, and if he starts to get consistent results as well it would be a gold mine for LFC.

I don't know why LFC's defense is so.. not weak but at least average this season when it has been one of the tightest for several consecutive seasons with the exact same lineup. Anyway, if Rodgers manages to sort the defense out and keep playing the same football offensively, I would consider LFC fully healed and back in business.

One thing I thought Benitez was weak in was his transfer policy - but then Comolli and co. came in and really showed how low you can go.

I think that´s the one thing he was great at tbh:

http://lfcstats.co.uk/rafatransfers.html

Remember he had to sell to buy most of the time... + his transfers are core of the current team and he bough us also some young players that are now coming up.. including Sterling, Suso and Shelvey.

Liverpool’s team in full is: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Coutinho, Suarez.

Subs: Gulacsi, Wisdom, Shelvey, Assaidi, Henderson, Coates, Suso.

seems like Skrtel is out of the team,not sure if becouse of an injury..he gave interview in one Slovak magazine that indicates he will be gone.. I think he had bust up with Rodgers...very strainge. And please before you start with ironic stuff how shit he is, look on his stats this and last season.. I´m not defending him, i just think he is a decent CB that shouldn´t be treaten like that by the coach imo.. no matter if he is from my country or not.. it´s unfair imo.

I want to believe skrtle it's injured , but I also think he's having problems with coach !

And what's up with sturridge?? We play different football with him and we are really poor upfront without him ! Is he injured ? If so how serious is it ?

He's played many years in a red shirt and one sh*t interview doesn't mean he's quitting. I don't believe one bit, especially if it's one from Slovak. History tells us that articles from interviews in the player's home country tends to have a certain agenda about it. I'm not worried at all.

apparently he is injured.

here is the interview btw:

Why did you not start in Liverpool’s recent premier league games?

„That should be question for the manager. He selects team and players. At the moment I’m not in the starting eleven. I regret it but the manager made the decision and I have to respect that.“

Did Brendan Rodgers explain you why he decided to bench you? Do you talk to each other?

„We talk but it’s not ideal. He told me something, gave me some reason but it’s hard to say if if was the real reason. I don’t think it was, I think it’s something else. But I’m not that kind of player who keeps visiting manager, being in his office every day and finding out what’s going on and why I’m not playing. I have never done that and never will do so. If manager wants to talk he comes to me and we talk but I don’t come to him.“

The reason he told you was?

„It all happened after the Man Utd game in the middle of january. Previously we won twice, away at QPR 0:3 – and home with Sunderland, keeping two clean sheets. We lost in Manchester 1:2 though, but I think we played some great football in the second half particulary. What’s more many sources gave me good mark for my performance. Manager told me that he thinks we lost organistation in defence in last few games and because of that he will not play me in upcoming fixtures. I don’t know which games he was thinking about considering we managed to win last two games and kept clean sheet.“

So you think it’s not the real reason. What do you think it is then?

„I think it was affected by one situation but I don’t want to talk about it now. Maybe after the season but not right now. I don’t want to cause any conflicts, the most important thing is team success and I will cheer for my team whether it’s from the bench or stands.“

What’s next for you?

„Wait, that’s the only thing I can do right now. While I was fit I gave my best and did everything I could to prove manager that I belong here. I waited for my chance, one came in Petersburg but I didn’t play after that game. Unfortunately I’m injured now and we’ll see what happens when I’ll be fit.“

i was affraid becouse Sturridge absence, but..they prove me wrong.. Suarez scored now 20th goal this season and might score more today..Coutinho looks class.. good performance by Reina as well.. hope we score more and keep clean sheet.

Seriously, Coutinho's money was totally worth it.
And Suarez, just WOW !

the table after today:

raMkPSA.png

Back
Top Bottom