LittleBigPlanet

Sony wants to know if it should delete all the things you've made using the LittleBigPlanet beta, which ends on 12th October.

"As many of you are doubtless aware, at present we are not planning to make shared creations from the beta test available in the full version of the game. However, we're aware that a lot of time and effort has been put into what you've created so far," the company wrote on the official PlayStation.com LBP forum.

"With this in mind we're going to give you the choice! Whether you took part in the LittleBigPlanet beta test or not your opinion counts - would you rather that created levels and items from the beta test were available when the game launches, or would you rather we removed everything and the shared side of the game started from scratch? Vote before Monday October 13th, and we'll go with whichever option receives more votes!"

The post goes on to say that "levels that have been uploaded already" may survive the cull, but that "any save game data, offline creations or progress cannot be transferred into the full game".

Having asked if people's hard work should be saved, not unpredictably "Yes" accounts for 83 per cent of the vote at the time of writing.

The LittleBigPlanet beta, which we still haven't forgiven for crashing our f***ing website, was so popular in its early days that unused keys were exchanging hands on eBay for as much as a tenner. Staggering.

The full game is due out exclusively for PS3 on 24th October, and our review will be up sooner than you think.

I was enjoying playing TNA Impact until Mercs 2 came, then wipeout came and i stopped playing mercs 2. Well until fifa came and now im on that most times... i don't want to have to pick between LBP and fifa now. And then we have saints row 2 next week!

The amount of time it takes to make something in LBP... I'm not looking forward to evenings when i have 2 hours spare and think 'well i can either play 2 hours of football or spend 2 hours attaching bolts to the arms of my robot and testing it to see if it works'

I have 2 ideas for LBP that im gagging to make as well. 1 is a space themes level which would use lots of layers so you could only run around on the front most 'track'. So it would be fixed into 2D platforming.

The other would be set around a pound coin being lost down the back of the sofa. You start on the carpet near the couch, enter through a hole in the bottom... and inside there will be lots of creepy crawlies and obstacles and loose change. Randomly a giant hand will drop down reaching around for the pound and if it grabs you you're dead. And the end goal is the get that pound coin and with giant hand being the boss battle to end the level - you exit out of the other end of the couch and there's the ending checkpoint.

Last edited:
2925503017_031bc37c86.jpg

2926355322_f701230f8b.jpg

2926354894_f813897e02.jpg

2925501349_ba26ddf721.jpg

2926354512_39bbec43f4.jpg

Nice Sackboys!

On the topic of deleting the creations - It would help if they said why they were removing everything. Is it a lot of work for them to keep it all - do they have to test and debug all of them - will players gain an advantage over others if they keep them etc.

As it is now they're saying 'shall we delete the things you've all worked hard on just for kicks or keep them'?

I heard rumours that the day before the game goes gold they're setting up a poll 'shall we release the game or burn our building down and lose everything?'

Whoever made that Evo-Web level!? Stand up and take a bow - then like me kick you in the face :LOL:

Was very hard and I was getting fucked off with the windmill thingy.

I've got some good ideas too Rad - thinking of a Guitar Hero/Rock Band level where you have to navigate the instruments.... bah... probably be shit!

Love the Wipeout level, that was mad. There is going to be so many diverse levels coming out - cannot wait!

yeah jay made that - it's rock hard - i believe tobi made a level and i made 2 - but i dont know if anyone else has made anything - no one has said anything

Yep, 2.5D platformer with the option (and the main point) to create new levels. When you see the variation of the levels, games become VERY different even to the point where I believe there's a Tetris level!

So I played on it at my friends place yesterday, he's got the beta (bastard).

I love it.

Surprisingly easy to just put whats in your head onto the screen.

So gonna fail Uni now...

shit - does the beta end tonight?

Are they deleting our levels we've uploaded or keeping them then? I don't want to lose my levels completely so if they are deleting them i'd record myself running through it tonight for a record of the shit i once made on the beta.

Right, I am seriously considering pre-ordering this. People who have played the Beta answer me this- is it worth a pre-order? Also, I am one for games where you can customize pretty much anything, and I know that's what this is.

On ShopTo

LittleBigPlanet + GBP 2.00 Voucher (Pre Order Only) + LittleBigPlanet T-Shirt (T-Shirt are Sold Out)

Stuff them then, other places are doing it cheaper anyway. Offering a toy Sackboy then they can't supply them, so they offer t-shirts but can't supply everyone with those either :CURSE:

beckham xxx (PSN: DeViD-BeCkHaM-10 ) from these forums now has the full retail game!

Last edited:
Stuffy sod.

I'm not sure whether to pre-order from Zavvi or Woolies, or whether to just wait and see if Morrisons sell it for £25.

I could probably get it from Asda for £35 anyway on the Friday evening.

Back
Top Bottom