LittleBigPlanet

They make a difference yes - i made a tiny rocket and when sockboy grabbed it it would spin out of control from him hanging on to one side. Also if you make a huge rocket with tiny boosters on - if its made from wood it's going no where.

I think a big rocket should be ok to handle his weight without being sent off course

right those vids alone as persuaded me to buy this game. no need for me to beta test it. its a must buy and i can actualy see my wife enjoying this sort of game.

one question: is it MP via from the same console using multiple controlers?

Just published my second level - it's much better than my first (Which I'll re record as 'someone' jumped over my race start lol and skipped the end to the level.)

Hmm - the servers are fucked today - every time i attempt to publish its giving an error. I just tried to re publish 'Escape from Hell' and save over the old one - it gave me an error and now i cant see the old one any more on the globe

It appears levels created in the LittleBigPlanet BETA will not be compatible with the full game. So far, 1000 levels have already been published but it looks like everything will be lost.

To quote: I interviewed Leo Cubbin, one of LBP’s producers, today. I asked him what will happen to all the user created content when we replace the Beta version with the full game. The answer was what I feared: everything is lost!

I don’t know about you guys, but I treasure my levels and I don’t want to just lose them like that, so I tried to argue that they should allow us to move the content into the full game. Leo replied that maybe they’ll convert the best levels, but they can’t convert everything.

It looks like noone expected such a big response to the Beta version. So far, 10.000 people have logged in, and 1000 published their own levels. I guess a lot more are still working hard on those levels before they hit the publish button. And all that content will be lost soon…

Fuck!

I was playing a level earlier with some random people when one of them whipped out his stickers and wrote 'Fuck' on the wall. We finished the level and then I though 'i like how he made that car' so i went back in on my own to check it out and 'FUCK' was still written on the wall!

I'm not sure if it's locally saved to me or if it's saved for the world - but it seems like we can graffiti each others levels. It would seem strange if we can all abuse each others levels - especially if someone writes some real nasty stuff and your levels removed and you're warning about it.

Kinda put me off playing this beta now I know we'll lose everything in about 15 days. It took me about 10 hours to do my last level - most of that was working around the bugs and annoyances and having to restart sections because the game had fucked it all up.

The biggest problem I have with creating so far is if you stick 10 things to the background to either make floating platforms or designs or anything... if you remove 1 of the 10 it actually removes everything from the background and the level falls apart.

So it's like 60% of my creating time is spent messing around trying to keep my level together and building it in tiny parts and then sticking it together later on.

Playing on your own online isn't amazing either - this game definitely excels with 4 of you running through a map together trying to help each other while trying to grab the points for yourself to win the level.

Want in the LBP Beta?

* Gamespot emails still not sent out *

* LittleBigPlanet official site is giving keys on MONDAY *

http://littlebigplanet.us.playstation.com/post/2008/09/Online-Beta-access.aspx

* 1up giving 2000 keys on MONDAY *

http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3170103

* Gamepro is giving 1250 keys on MONDAY *

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/207248/win-a-littlebigplanet-beta-code/

* X-Play is giving 2000 keys on TUESDAY *

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...days_With_LittleBigPlanet_Special_On_930.html

* Gametrailers is giving keys - no details yet *

http://www.gametrailers.com

I'm going to wait for the full game now, I'll have FIFA soon and that'll keep me occupied enough.

I'm going to wait for the full game now, I'll have FIFA soon and that'll keep me occupied enough.

Yea same here. I've applied for a few and if I get one then great, but I'm not going chasing any more.

Soooo many good games coming out. The new PES2009 vids are VERY encouraging....

People with the Beta - Search for 'Takeshi's Castle' or 'LonERecoN'

The game modes are:

-High Rollers

-Cup Down Hill

-Wipeout

-Showdown

Boo no skipping stones :( - that would have been very easy to do as well - put down a load of platforms and select some of them to vanish or move downwards when you step on them

But Brilliant!

LittleBigPlanet beta keys still available

Blog entry by Eurogamer staff

Good news if you missed out first time round: there's still a way to get onto the LittleBigPlanet beta. We've got 150 more keys to give out to people who enter our LittleBigPlanet level-making competition.

Calm down though! In order to give you time to put thought and care into your level designs, we'll be waiting until Friday to distribute the 150 keys to randomly chosen entrants. Anyone who has submitted a level by Friday - including those of you who have already done so - is in with a chance of getting one of the keys.

All we ask is that you try a little harder than emailing us a photo of your cat, as we are verifying the entries as they arrive. Good try though!

And remember, entering our LittleBigPlanet competition also puts you in with a chance of winning an 80GB PlayStation 3 and a trip to Sony to polish your level for download alongside the final game. Your level will be complete and playable at the Eurogamer Expo in London in October. There are also copies of the game to be won, as well as plenty of woollen Sackboy toys and themed T-shirts.

Head over to our LittleBigPlanet competition for more guidelines.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=248786

On the gamepro site!

UPDATE: Thanks to everyone for waiting patiently! We'll be turning on the contest page within the hour, so keep checking back for your chance to win. Make sure you have registered on GamePro.com, as only registered users can enter the LittleBigPlanet beta giveaway. If you're having registration problems or getting any other errors, please send them to problems@gamepro.com.

Back
Top Bottom