LittleBigPlanet

couldn't get into the little big planet beta yesterday. none of the links diddnt work in terms of giving a direct link to apply for the beta

pissed. does anybody have a spare one?

By the sound of the official site now, thats the beta codes done for.

Virtually says "if you didnt get one yesterday, then look forward to the 21st when you can play the full game" etc...

1UP.com

We've got 2,000 additional codes to hand out - We'll be handing out 500 codes each day for the next four days, and each time we'll be posing a tricky LBP-related trivia question. You'll need a 1UP user profile in order to send us your response. The first 500 users to private message SackBoy with the correct answer each day will snag the coveted codes. SackBoy will contact the winners each day, so keep a keen eye on your 1UP inbox to see if you won.

500 codes are out just pm sackboy

http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3170103

the answer is nick

Last edited:
dude when i suppose to know the result? haha. hey for tomorrow question please help me too. haha. thanks!

I bought OPM today and there is no Kratos code inside, :((.

Media Molecule Releases A New Beta Version

The public Beta version of LittleBigPlanet was a huge success, with people going mad to find a download code all over the internet. Servers crashed, popular sites were brought down to their knees and free keys were sold on eBay.

While gamers were very happy creating their LittleBigPlanet levels, I found out something disturbing. LittleBigPlanet’s Beta levels were doomed to oblivion. Anyone who spent as many hours as I did building stuff, was very disappointed.

Today the PlayStation Blog announced even more beta keys, but that’s not all. There’s a new Beta of LittleBigPlanet. This version does not require a DNS redirect and levels created here will be available for consumers at launch of the full title. So, Media Molecule listened to my request and made a new Beta.

If you have previously redeemed a LBP voucher code, you must delete any old LBP data (along with save data and game data) and download this version (go to Download History and redownload the new code).

Pain in the ass that you have to delete everything to be able to use the new version and keep your creations for the full game - but then again you'll lose everything at the end of the beta if you don't anyway so ?

-

Also...

Oh, and a few days ago, we stirred up a bit of a frenzy by handing out the remaining 50 beta keys we had left over from our Orlando Meet-up. Some of you thought that, as the official PlayStation blog, we should have a bit more than 50 to give away. Well, we here at the PSB don’t like having our Bloghood called into question. So, as of the time of this writing, I’m sitting on a monstrous stack of burlap-covered LittleBigPlanet beta keys, and they’re there for the asking. So ask away, send an email to playstationbloglbp2000@gmail.com and we’ll get them out to you.

Now we’ve got *a lot* of beta keys to give away, and I’d hate for you to develop repetitive-stress disorder from whacking your F5 button to refresh your inbox, so expect it to be a few hours before the codes are sent. We’ll update this post when we have it lined up and start pressing the “send” button.

If you receive a code, this paragraph becomes relevant to you:

1. Public Beta Ends October 11th, 2008
2. You must use a consumer PLAYSTATION 3 system that is connected to the internet.
3. You must have a PLAYSTATION Network Account.
4. If you have previously redeemed a LBP voucher code, you must delete any old LBP data (along with save data and game data) and download this version (go to Download History and redownload the new code).
5. This version does not require a DNS redirect and levels created here will be available for consumers at launch of the full title.
6. Please refrain from creating anything inappropriate, as we do have moderation in place and it may result in your account being suspended or banned.

Downloading the LittleBigPlanet Public Beta.
After you have signed in with your PLAYSTATION Network Account, select [Account Management] on the XMB interface located under the ‘PLAYSTATION Network’ tab, then select [Transaction Management] and click on the option ‘Redeem PLAYSTATION Network Card or Promotion Code’. Enter the following unique code to start the download of LittleBigPlanet.

And once you get in, you can start getting creative. What’s that, you’re looking for inspiration? Have a look at Wired’s Top 10 User-Created LittleBigPlanet Adventures.

Source :- http://blog.us.playstation.com/

Last edited:
Yes - the old one was called LBP BETA - the new one is called LBP ONLINE TRIAL. It is also a slightly (50mb rougly?) smaller file.

Just emailed the Blog, but still not fussed now if I get one or not. Got FIFA and PES (and Wipeout, GH3, EG, SS, etc etc :LOL:) for company until the 24th.

I still have no idea of the point of this game, so I know when I get it, I'll just sit there confused.

I'll probably never complete a level, or create a level that you can complete, probably just random things on screen....

NO SACKBOY FIGURE FROM SHOPTO.

Due to copyright issues, ShopTo have been forced to pull the free plastic figure on pre-orders.

They are now going to send a LBP T-Shirt and a £2 voucher to make up for it.

Balls.

Super Mario Bros recreated in LBP:

YouTube - LittleBigPlanet Super Sack Bros World 1 Video

Impressive.

My problem with all the videos I see are that while the production values seem to be incredible, the gameplay looks like it would become very tiresome after a short while.

I applaud the creativity, but I've yet to see anything that looks like anything beyond playing a flash game. Sure, a really nice looking flash game, but still, something that appeals for a few minutes (long enough to make you go, "oh... neat trick") and then runs out of steam.

Watching this Mario video shows me one possible "clever" way to recreate some classic gameplay... but on the looks of it, I'd much rather actually play NES Mario than play the LBP version.

I'm hoping that the levels that come with the game introduce some element of "I want to play this over and over"... as of now, it looks like you play a level once and there is no reason to go back to it.

I guess I'm hoping to see some platforming on the same level as in Braid. So far, editing looks brilliant, actual gameplay looks shite.

That Mario level looks really cool, clever use of the items to recreate the flowers and the green tubes as well :TU:

I loved the message at the end too :LOL:

Sure, a really nice looking flash game, but still, something that appeals for a few minutes (long enough to make you go, "oh... neat trick") and then runs out of steam.

Yeah a lot of the beta levels are like that. Once you've done them you're not that likely to go back for more.

You can make levels where random things happen if you do certain things. So things like hiding secret parts of the game that only open when you hit a checkpoint or items that appear if you do certain things. When you're online with friends the game really opens up - especially on the challenge style levels that aren't a A to B level like the mario one. Trying to beat the high score and beat your friends is great fun.

i just downloaded the beta. seems cool indeed. love the graphics and animation but cant seem myself playing for long. fifa09 is just too addictive

Ever since the beta for Littlebigplanet hit, we've seen numerous level designs, some good, some not so good. From classic Mario remakes to re-imagining of the humongous spectacles found in Shadow of the Colossus. Heck, even Tristan is a game designer in the making. But simply from an engineering standpoint, I think this is by far and away the best yet. A user created a real-time working calculator that accurately adds and subtracts numbers. The level is said to use 610 magnetic switches, 500 wires, and 430 pistons. I didn't see what the big deal was until the camera panned up. That's when my mouth hit the floor.

Thanks to everyone, and I mean everyone, who sent this in!

YouTube - Little Big Computer

Ever since the beta for Littlebigplanet hit, we've seen numerous level designs, some good, some not so good. From classic Mario remakes to re-imagining of the humongous spectacles found in Shadow of the Colossus. Heck, even Tristan is a game designer in the making. But simply from an engineering standpoint, I think this is by far and away the best yet. A user created a real-time working calculator that accurately adds and subtracts numbers. The level is said to use 610 magnetic switches, 500 wires, and 430 pistons. I didn't see what the big deal was until the camera panned up. That's when my mouth hit the floor.

Thanks to everyone, and I mean everyone, who sent this in!

YouTube - Little Big Computer

That is fucking insane!!!!! How long must that have taken?!!

Back
Top Bottom