LittleBigPlanet

I think that it is big decision for Sony to delay this game, apart from making consumers angry the cost of it all is going to be astronomical (game has already been mass produced and those disc are now obselete).

As a muslim i don't find the lyrics offensive, and the song is very uplifting, it is just the fact that the Quran has been used in the song that could potentially offend. Also important to note that this has not been raised by any muslim organisation as such, all that has happened is that one person has mentioned it to Sony on their official forum and Sony have decided to do this.

I think this is going to mean a minimum delay of 3 to 4 weeks as it is going to take a hell of a long time re-produce all those discs and get them distributed to retailers.

Its only taking a week delay. The game is scheduled to release on October 27th in North American and the 31st in Europe.

We had an email yesterday morning from Movietyme saying the game has been dispatched. It if doesn't arrive tomorrow we'll get in touch with them to find out the "score"

EDIT: Only just realized its a US company ain't it, doh. It's the way their site picks up my IP and changes the currency automatically to £s. Ah well, if it's dispatched now it could arrive via UK release date :D

EDIT 2: Fucking hell, it's now "Shipped". I can't be arsed making more of a fool of myself via prolonged chat, goodBYE!

Last edited:
What a absolute joke. First this week its this and now this piss take with LBP. Okay so there are plenty of games/TV shows/movies/songs out there with jokes about tonnes of religions, mainly Christianity, churches been blown up, etc and we never complain. But because of a fucking line or two of a passage in some bible of theirs or whatever the hell it is, a game that people are looking forward to, probably one of the most awaited game out on the PS3 yet is been delayed by a month?! I mean really, every fucking religion gets the piss took out of it at some point, whether we like it or not, so they need to get the not play that game/listen to that song/watch that movie or TV show and get the fuck over it and stop whinging and wanting everything their way or no way. I find it one rule for one lot of people and one rule for the others and it is so wrong. I'd still feel the same whether it was one day or one year it was delayed by, because its total double standards going on here. It's not about a game really is it, it's about people taking the piss and chucking their toys out of the pram.

I'm NOT trying to be racist or offend people here, it's just the way I see it, and the way many others I know see it too. I guess I am just one of the fortunate people here who doesn't have to wait til next month.

Last edited:
At the end of the day it gives the game even more publicity and that isn't a bad thing.

What a absolute joke. First this week its this and now this piss take with LBP. Okay so there are plenty of games/TV shows/movies/songs out there with jokes about tonnes of religions, mainly Christianity, churches been blown up, etc and we never complain. But because of a fucking line or two of a passage in some bible of theirs or whatever the hell it is, a game that people are looking forward to, probably one of the most awaited game out on the PS3 yet is been delayed by a month?! I mean really, every fucking religion gets the piss took out of it at some point, whether we like it or not, so they need to get the not play that game/listen to that song/watch that movie or TV show and get the fuck over it and stop whinging and wanting everything their way or no way. I find it one rule for one lot of people and one rule for the others and it is so wrong. I'd still feel the same whether it was one day or one year it was delayed by, because its total double standards going on here. It's not about a game really is it, it's about people taking the piss and chucking their toys out of the pram.

I'm NOT trying to be racist or offend people here, it's just the way I see it, and the way many others I know see it too. I guess I am just one of the fortunate people here who doesn't have to wait til next month.

Excellent post....

If we ALL took this viewpoint of possibly upsetting some group or another based on belief, the world would be a sad, mess of a place.... Oh wait.... the world is....I'll get back to my Bernard Manning dvd's....:P

Religion is pointless to me anyway, and it should be treated as the hobby that it really is. Following guidelines from past generations, keeping up the religion's standard and having readings of scriptures or books from the past. All based on apparent history but not proven.

I play games, watch films & eat a bloody lot. But if I saw a global product such as a book or play which featured sentimental or sensitive lines featured in my beloved Top 5 films or games or whatever I wouldn't make scene, even if they went slagging my hobbies off either.

People change religion. And also, people drop religion completely or pick it up from being Atheist until they feel like a particular religion seems familiar in it's views. Then it's their religion. Like a book. It's a hobby.

It's a shame that it always seems to be one bunch of people who like to impose their preferences and favourite passages of text as untouchable, unthinkable to use and deeply offensive if done so. Nobody else seems to. The rest of us stick to our own hobbies regardless of others opinions. This constant tiptoeing around one group of hobby lovers just creates tension and a divide.

Apologies for the off-topic but this stuff gets me everytime.

Last edited:
Religion is pointless to me anyway, and it should be treated as the hobby that it really is. Following guidelines from past generations, keeping up the religion's standard and having readings of scriptures or books from the past. All based on apparent history but not proven.

I play games, watch films & eat a bloody lot. But if I saw a global product such as a book or play which featured sentimental or sensitive lines featured in my beloved Top 5 films or games or whatever I wouldn't make scene, even if they went slagging my hobbies off either.

People change religion. And also, people drop religion completely or pick it up from being Atheist until they feel like a particular religion seems familiar in it's views. Then it's their religion. Like a book. It's a hobby.

It's a shame that it always seems to be one bunch of people who like to impose their preferences and favourite passages of text as untouchable, unthinkable to use and deeply offensive if done so. Nobody else seems to. The rest of us stick to our own hobbies regardless of others opinions. This constant tiptoeing around one group of hobby lovers just creates tension and a divide.

:APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

Absolute quality my friend..............

In Blackburn shop called Game Xchange selling it in the town centre, was tempted to buy it but they were selling it for £50 so gave it a miss. He has 60 copies left about an hour ago.

I am not religious in the slightest and I don't believe in it all. But to say that religion is a hobby is a bit much.

It dictates alot of peoples lives - religion is inherent in everything a person (who was bought up in the religion) does. It is a way of life and a code for living both in this life and after life. To compare this to a book that you have read or another one of your hobbies is a bit insulting.

The people who pick up religions etc - should not be accounted in the real religious people.

My wife is Jewish and she is not Orthodox or anything - but she still believes in her religion. Which I respect completely. I respect every religion even though I think it is all bollucks. Because I also believe I don't know everything and that just as I think Religion is wrong, then I think I can easily just be as wrong.

But It does disgust me when people abuse their religion and manipulate every situation and overreact. I also get angry when people move to live in other countries and expect everything to be catered for their religion etc

Its very difficult - but I can see why people who follow a religion get really pissed off by certain things. If I was religious I would have been pissed off with you calling it a hobby :DD

In this day and age - someone should have picked up on the song and it should have never been put into the game in the first place. But I also think that people should chill out and stop being dicks over this stuff and think everybody is against them.

Anyway - Hopefully the game comes out soon :))

I wasn't lucky enough to get into the BETA, but they had the retail version being demoed in the Zavvi store (Manchester) managed to get 20 minutes on it and am very impressed. It looks like a fun game which his limitless possibilities, I played with a friend in one of the developer created levels and it was superb, we had to work as a team to complete some of the components of the level and I really liked the style of the game. I can see people creating some really cool stuff. This game has the potential to shift a lot of PS3's if Sony get their Marketing right.

But I still agree with jaygrim. Not good. :(

I am getting really excited for this now. I am expecting it to arrive at my house any day, it still says it has been shipped from Movietyme. Not getting my hopes up too much though.

Last edited:
Regardless of soundtrack controversy, I'm still putting my money on this game being HIGHLY overrated. While it is certainly an extremely well-polished game, I don't think I'm the only one that sees it as being extremely pointless.

Not to always be the downer in this thread, but watching some of the latest videos of the various re-created songs looks beyond tedious. I just can't see this game holding people's attention span beyond a few weeks. I'm really hoping that the single player is as good as advertised, because every single user-created level I've seen so far wouldn't entertain me for more than a short period of time... if that.

The hype for this game is incredible, and the reviews are very high so far. It's reminding me a lot of the build up to GTAIV... another game with a lot of hype and promise about being able to enjoy open gameplay and "making your own fun". And to me, GTAIV was a huuuuuuge letdown. LBP looks to be the same.

I can't understand why religious people (of all religions) can be so over-sensitive...this is a song by a Muslim singer...what's wrong (i know what's wrong,Bullyboy eplained that..).
There is beautiful Muslim music (Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan for instance, both songs he made with Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder are terrific)...i will never understand such reactions.
Well, i guess this is good for both the game and Toumani Diabate...maybe not so good for Sony...

I wonder, if someone who was a Christian contacted sony and told them they were offended by the Manchester Cathedral in Resistance FOM being in the game the same would happen.:ROLL:

I wonder, if someone who was a Christian contacted sony and told them they were offended by the Manchester Cathedral in Resistance FOM being in the game the same would happen.:ROLL:

The Church did complain, Sony apologised and that was that. Odd that they didn't do the same here.

Back
Top Bottom