Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 - 08/09

There is a god!! His name is Yoann. :D :P

Yah true. I suspect if Bordeaux do win the title, perhaps he'll see not much reason to stay and our boy Chamakh will leave as well. But then again, it's probably about time to find a new fresh challenge abroad anyway.

Either way, 2 great players. Wish them both the best.

p.s. How is Gabriel Obertan been integrated into the team this season? I haven't been able to follow the league the way I used to (and what a shame with this year being much more exciting), so I'm wondering if the talented youngster has helped along the way here and there (probably as a sub) in this run for championship or has he been loaned out?

Gouffran I watched play a few times and I wasn't really impressed.

Gouffran started his season when Bordeaux needed him the most : 2 months ago with the 7 (or 8) wins in a row. Before that he was average (or not playing).

Obertan is playing for Lorient since the winter (loan). He never had his chances and wanted to play, so he left. I think he started well but now he is back to the same routine : he doesn't play or only the last 15 minutes. Unlucky.

I see. Thanks for the answer.

So I guess the other Yoann (Gouffran) HAS played his part in Bordeaux's championship run you would say. If he has played in the 7-8 recent consecutive wins. That's good. Good for the youngster whom yah before wasn't exactly impressing...

As for Gabriel, well that's not good news but he's still very young so lots of time.

p.s. I know some basic stuff about Mr. Triaud (Bordeaux President) but would like to know more from French guys like you.

Now it's simple : Bordeaux has to lose and Marseille has to win their last game in order to be champion (whatever the scores are). It won't happen.
Marseille is garanteed to play the Champions League for the third time in a row. And the team set a new record for the numbers of away wins in a row : 8.

And again, damn Gourcuff. Bordeaux scored half of its goals on freekicks and corners. It's always happening when they have no solution.

Last edited:

Day 37 results :
Bordeaux 1 - 0 Monaco
Nancy 1 - 2 Marseille
Lyon 3 - 1 Caen
Valenciennes 2 - 1 Paris-SG
Nice 0 - 2 Toulouse
Le Havre 0 - 1 Lille
Rennes 3 - 1 Lorient
Auxerre 1 - 0 Saint-Etienne
Le Mans 1 - 1 Grenoble
Sochaux 2 - 1 Nantes

Classement :
1 Bordeaux 77
2 Marseille 74
3 Lyon 70
4 Toulouse 63
5 Paris-SG 63
6 Rennes 61 (+12)
7 Lille 61 (+11)
8 Auxerre 55
9 Nice 49
10 Lorient 44 (0)
11 Valenciennes 44 (-3)
12 Monaco 44 (-4)
13 Grenoble 44 (-12)
14 Nancy 42
15 Sochaux 39
16 Le Mans 39
17 Caen 37 (-6)
18 Saint-Etienne 37 (-20)
19 Nantes 34
20 Le Havre 25

Top scorer :
1 Gignac André-Pierre (Toulouse) 24
2 Benzema Karim (Lyon) 17
- Hoarau Guillaume (Paris-SG) 17
4 Jelen Ireneusz (Auxerre) 14
- Michel Bastos Fernandes (Lille) 14
6 Cavenaghi Fernando (Bordeaux) 13
- Chamakh Marouane (Bordeaux) 13
- Savidan Steve (Caen) 13
9 Gourcuff Yoann (Bordeaux) 12
10 Gameiro Kevin (Lorient) 11
- Niang Mamadou (Marseille) 11
- Rémy Loïc (Nice) 11

Top assist :
1 Michel Bastos Fernandes (Lille) 11
2 Gourcuff Yoann (Bordeaux) 9
- Wendel Geraldo (Bordeaux) 9
- Hellebuyck David (Nice) 9
5 Gameiro Kevin (Lorient) 8
6 Vahirua Marama (Lorient) 7
- Sessegnon Stéphane (Paris-SG) 7
- Payet Dimitri (Saint-Etienne) 7

Bordeaux is luckiest team in the world or what ?
Park shoot on Diaz head on the Bordeaux goal line...

I see. Thanks for the answer.

So I guess the other Yoann (Gouffran) HAS played his part in Bordeaux's championship run you would say. If he has played in the 7-8 recent consecutive wins. That's good. Good for the youngster whom yah before wasn't exactly impressing...

As for Gabriel, well that's not good news but he's still very young so lots of time.

p.s. I know some basic stuff about Mr. Triaud (Bordeaux President) but would like to know more from French guys like you.

Gouffran woke up at the right time , he wasn't doing well in the begining . another youngster for you to watch : Sertic .

Now it's simple : Bordeaux has to lose and Marseille has to win their last game in order to be champion (whatever the scores are). It won't happen.
Marseille is garanteed to play the Champions League for the third time in a row. And the team set a new record for the numbers of away wins in a row : 8.

And again, damn Gourcuff. Bordeaux scored half of its goals on freekicks and corners. It's always happening when they have no solution.

Bordeaux Has to take at least a point in Caen but Caen has to win that game to stay in ligue 1 . it's going to be passionating :)

FC Nante is now sure to be relegated , they just didn't have the level to stay in ligue 1
Bordeaux is luckiest team in the world or what ?
Park shoot on Diaz head on the Bordeaux goal line...
it's 1 action , in the game Bordeaux had much more unlucky situations and could have scored at least 2 other goals . most of the game was taking part in Monaco side .

Last edited:

Yah Pino and Park did cause problems on rare occassions for Les Girondins but overall, despite a lackluster performance, Bordeaux were the better side and deserved their victory in my opinion. Like Pog says, they could've had more even but Cavenaghi for example didn't put his great chance away.

But sure, lucky at times too. especially that diaz block! :LOL:

Auxerre almost send Les Verts back down to 2nd tier of French football! But it's not over yet. There's still chance... we'll see what happens.

Valenciennes come back from behind to beat the Parisians 2-1 and now Toulouse takes over their spot and Rennes and Lille can too next week meaning PSG finishes without any European competition to play part in next year. Not even the new Europa league when CL was in their hands at times this season.

@Pog, I watched Sertic for first time today. Was impressed. But what stood out about him for me was that his 'style' of play reminded me of, guess who?!?! Lol.. myself. :P the way he'd look for a pass or take a shot, I dunno I have to watch him more... to decide but it was weird, today during that brief sub appearance, I was a little surprised! I was like... What!?! this guy plays like me in a way lol... but obviously looks nothing like me and of course I'm nowhere near as good. :/ :p

EDIT:

p.s. What's the 2nd nationality/other ethnicity of Bordeaux's left-back this season? Tremoulinas. Good player it seems as well. I'm curious. Don't think he's fully ethnically French. Very few players are nowadays. Spanish perhaps? Greek? or Reunion or something....

Sertic probably has some Slovak/Croatian roots himself too or something.

Last edited:

Monaco did there best not too score last night. Diaz clearing it from the goal line was funny stuff..

Marseille away form this season has been brilliant. Oh and that offside decision given against Brandao in the first half was shocking..

p.s. What's the 2nd nationality/other ethnicity of Bordeaux's left-back this season? Tremoulinas. Good player it seems as well. I'm curious. Don't think he's fully ethnically French. Very few players are nowadays. Spanish perhaps? Greek? or Reunion or something....

Reunion, so 100% French :).

Monaco did there best not too score last night. Diaz clearing it from the goal line was funny stuff..

Marseille away form this season has been brilliant. Oh and that offside decision given against Brandao in the first half was shocking..

Niang for Brandao, almost 2 metres no offside :II
1243133452_Image2.jpg

hopefully OM win and the goal average isn't important now

Yah Pino and Park did cause problems on rare occassions for Les Girondins but overall, despite a lackluster performance, Bordeaux were the better side and deserved their victory in my opinion. Like Pog says, they could've had more even but Cavenaghi for example didn't put his great chance away.

But sure, lucky at times too. especially that diaz block! :LOL:

Auxerre almost send Les Verts back down to 2nd tier of French football! But it's not over yet. There's still chance... we'll see what happens.

Valenciennes come back from behind to beat the Parisians 2-1 and now Toulouse takes over their spot and Rennes and Lille can too next week meaning PSG finishes without any European competition to play part in next year. Not even the new Europa league when CL was in their hands at times this season.

@Pog, I watched Sertic for first time today. Was impressed. But what stood out about him for me was that his 'style' of play reminded me of, guess who?!?! Lol.. myself. :P the way he'd look for a pass or take a shot, I dunno I have to watch him more... to decide but it was weird, today during that brief sub appearance, I was a little surprised! I was like... What!?! this guy plays like me in a way lol... but obviously looks nothing like me and of course I'm nowhere near as good. :/ :p

EDIT:

Sertic probably has some Slovak/Croatian roots himself too or something.
I think Saint Etienne won't be relegated if Bordeaux is champion . they just have to beat Valencienne at home wich I think is possible now as valencienne don't have any challenge left and that Kombouare beated PSG before moving there .
Sertic is croatian and interess croatia NT after being a french U23 international. he reminds you of yourself ? the one reminding me of myself is chalme :D

Trophées UNFP 2008/2009

81122_BORDEAUX_GOURCUFF_ZIDANE_24.jpg

BEST LIGUE 1 PLAYER
Yoann GOURCUFF (Bordeaux)

BEST LIGUE 1 GOALKEEPER
Hugo LLORIS (Lyon)

BEST LIGUE 1 HOPE
Eden HAZARD (Lille)

BEST LIGUE 2 PLAYER
Paul-Claudel ALO'O EFOULOU (Angers)

BEST LIGUE 1 COACH
Eric GERETS (Marseille)

BEST LIGUE 2 COACH
Philippe MONTANIER (Boulogne-sur-Mer)

BEST LIGUE 2 GOALKEEPER
Vedran RUNJE (Lens)

BEST D1 PLAYER (Woman)
Louisa NECIB (Olympique Lyonnais)

LIGUE 1 DREAM TEAM

Hugo LLORIS (Lyon)

Rod FANNI (Rennes)
Victorino HILTON (Marseille)
Souleymane DIAWARA (Bordeaux)
Taye TAIWO (Marseille)

Benoît CHEYROU (Marseille)
Michel BASTOS (Lille)
Yoann GOURCUFF (Bordeaux)
Stéphane SESSEGNON (PSG)

Guillaume HOARAU (PSG)
André-Pierre GIGNAC (Toulouse)

LIGUE 2 DREAM TEAM

Vedran RUNJE (Lens)

Yohan DEMONT (Lens)
Eric CHELLE (Lens)
Laurent KOSCIELNY (Tours)
Marco RAMOS (Lens)

Bocundji CA (Tours)
Renaud COHADE (Strasbourg)
Victor Hugo MONTANO (Montpellier)
Alberto COSTA (Montpellier)

Grégory THIL (Boulogne)
Paul ALO'O EFOULOU (Angers)

Yeah, great photo! Which reminds me of a question I've been wanting to ask you guys. What has Zizou himself said about Yoann? Anything special? Did they ever ask his opinion? Probably.

I think Saint Etienne won't be relegated if Bordeaux is champion . they just have to beat Valencienne at home wich I think is possible now as valencienne don't have any challenge left and that Kombouare beated PSG before moving there .
Sertic is croatian and interess croatia NT after being a french U23 international. he reminds you of yourself ? the one reminding me of myself is chalme :D

Wow if you play like Chalme, then I'd love to be your team-mate. :)

Our directors have flown over to discuss the deal now. It seems that he might decide to come back if we have a new manager and is guaranteed to be a part of the team.

well whoever ends up paying his wages will be getting a special player. is there room for him in the milan set up though? kaka, ronaldhino and gourcuff?

im sort of pulling for him to stay in bordeaux, you dont see enough really great players staying in smaller clubs these days.

Re: Ligue 1 - 08/09 "Yes We Caen !"

Lens, Boulogne-sur-mer and Montpellier go to Ligue 1

I'm happy for Montpellier :APPLAUD:

It was a crazy game : Montpellier only won 2-1 when they should have won a lot more. The last minutes were hard to watch. They finish 2nd and I think it's their best place this season !

Amiens, Troyes (:() and Reims are relegated.

he'll probably go to qatar or something like that .
gourcuff signed for 4 years with bordeaux

I'm glad he's staying at Bordeaux. I don't want to see him at Milan w/ Carlos at the helm. I would only want to see him at Milan if they sold Kaka', Seedorf, and Dinho. Its time for a new look at Milan. If management were smart they would sell those players and build around Yoann and Alex.

damn its impossible to get a penalty vs Bordeaux. Another one tonight which was pretty clear cut for me.

11 wins in a row and Bordeaux became champion 2008/2009.

They are strong but I hate their style of play. It's so boring.

See you next year.

gouffran very sad scorer , he sent his former team to ligue 2 so it was hard for him to enjoy the title in front of his crying friends and former team mates.
chamakh confirmed leaving bordeaux .

Re: Ligue 1 - 08/09 "Bordeaux Champion"

Bordeaux Champion

Day 38 results :
Caen 0-1 Bordeaux
Marseille 4-0 Rennes
Toulouse 0-0 Lyon
Paris-SG 0-0 Monaco
Lille 3-2 Nancy
Nantes 2-1 Auxerre
Nice 0-0 Le Havre
Lorient 1-1 Le Mans
Saint-Etienne 4-0 Valenciennes
Grenoble 0-1 Sochaux

Classement :
1 Bordeaux 80
2 Marseille 77
-------------------------
3 Lyon 71
4 Toulouse 64 (+18)
5 Lille 64 (+12)
6 Paris-SG 64 (+11)
7 Rennes 61
8 Auxerre 55
9 Nice 50
10 Lorient 45 (0)
11 Monaco 45 (-4)
12 Valenciennes 44 (-7)
13 Grenoble 44 (-13)
14 Sochaux 42 (-8)
15 Nancy 42 (-9)
16 Le Mans 40 (-11)
17 Saint-Etienne 40 (-16)
18 Caen 37 (-7)
19 Nantes 37 (-21)
20 Le Havre 26

Top scorer :
1 Gignac André-Pierre (Toulouse) 24
2 Benzema Karim (Lyon) 17
- Hoarau Guillaume (Paris-SG) 17
4 Jelen Ireneusz (Auxerre) 14
- Savidan Steve (Caen) 14
- Michel Bastos Fernandes (Lille) 14
7 Cavenaghi Fernando (Bordeaux) 13
- Chamakh Marouane (Bordeaux) 13
- Niang Mamadou (Marseille) 13
10 Gourcuff Yoann (Bordeaux) 12
11 Gameiro Kevin (Lorient) 11
- Hadji Youssouf (Nancy) 11
- Rémy Loïc (Nice) 11
- Erding Mevlut (Sochaux) 11

Top assist :
1 Michel Bastos Fernandes (Lille) 11
2 Gourcuff Yoann (Bordeaux) 10
3 Wendel Geraldo (Bordeaux) 9
- Hellebuyck David (Nice) 9
5 Gameiro Kevin (Lorient) 8
6 Vahirua Marama (Lorient) 7
- Sessegnon Stéphane (Paris-SG) 7
- Payet Dimitri (Saint-Etienne) 7
- Danic Gaël (Valenciennes) 7
10 Kahlenberg Thomas (Auxerre) 6
- Chamakh Marouane (Bordeaux) 6
- Niang Mamadou (Marseille) 6
- Ben Saada Chaouki (Nice) 6
- Rothen Jérôme (Paris-SG) 6
- Pagis Mickaël (Rennes) 6
- Erding Mevlut (Sochaux) 6
- Didot Etienne (Toulouse) 6

Re: Ligue 1 - 08/09 "Bordeaux Champion"

What a season!!!

Lyon end up 3rd and have to 'Qualify' for CL Group stages now :LOL:

Les Verts pull out of the drop-zone on the final day of the season with a 4-0 thumping!

Les Canaries sad story in recent years continues, now back to Ligue 2 again.

Like you said Pog, the Gouffran goal is very weird lol! it's so bad to send your 'club' down a league! Conflicting interests. He makes Bordeaux champs and his fav club and friends and fans and family to 2nd division lol. Things had to happen this way... didn't they? :D It was fate!

OM magnificent season! So yeah you finish 2nd but GREAT season! too bad Gerets leaves! :( but I have confidence in Captain Didier as well.

Chamakh finally wins something and now after spending all his career here, it's time to leave, a new fresh challenge abroad.

Giganc magnificent season! Horeau and Benzema do well too.

Wonder if Steve Savidan will play Ligue 2 football now again. :/ Hope not but he's not the most ambitious man and he's very loyal.

Terrific season for Michel Bastos and LOSC team-mate, revelation of the year Eden Hazard as well. Ultimately Gourcuff was just a little better and inspired his team to become champs but Michel stepped up and has really made a name for himself since joining Lille. Let's see if they can keep him now.

Back
Top Bottom