Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 - 08/09

does someone want to explain to me how the hell Rennes lost to Bordeaux considering Rennes were leading 1-0 and Bordeaux had 10 men for 60mins.

It's easy the referee forgot 2 penalties for Rennes and Bordeaux are very, very strong.
They are as lucky as Marseille and deserve to be champion.

I read that Jean Pierre Papin might take the Belgian job.... is this true?

There is a rumour that Papin proposed himself to the Belgian FA.
I don't think he will have the job.
For the moment there are 6 more or less serious candidates: Dick Advocaat, Gerard Houillier, Marc Wilmots, Co Adriaanse, Jean-François De Sart and Louis Van Gaal.

It seems that De Sart (coach of the olympic team that played so well in Beijing) and Van Gaal are the most probable candidates.
If Van Gaal takes the job, he will combine it with his job as AZ coach.

AZ don't mind this combination and with Dembele, Martens, Poccognoli and Swerts they have 4 Belgian players...

Ps: sorry to be off-topic

does someone want to explain to me how the hell Rennes lost to Bordeaux considering Rennes were leading 1-0 and Bordeaux had 10 men for 60mins.

It's simple: Bordeaux wants the title as much as Marseille wants it!
THe next games will be very exciting!!!

That mid-week victory by GB really showed they mean business!! Man... what a feeling Gourcuff must have had... those 2 goals... to win against Rennes away from home.... with 10-man!! Magnificent.

OM did the same difficult task against LOSC last week. I'm really impressed by both Marseille and Bordeaux. They DESERVE to be up there. They deserve to be fighting for the title.

Another 2-0 loss this time to Valenciennes for OL. At this rate, yes, you can see likes of Toulouse or PSG even leapfrog them for that final CL place. And title looks unlikely to go the same way now.

The draw for OM today (2-2 vs. toulouse, watched some of it! Gignac proving his quality AGAIN! A player I believe in but have also doubted at times!) means a victory for Bordeaux against Sochaux (who is also very motivated of course as they need to fight to survive still), would mean they'll be equal on points!

Amazing stuff!

p.s. SURELY, Mr. Triaud and Blanc and everyone else at Bordeaux WILL pay the required amount for Gourcuff since they have first-option on him and he doesn't seem to mind staying!

whats the tie-breaker in france? is it goal difference?

its been a great year in ligue 1, im glad i picked this year to start watching it.

whats the tie-breaker in france? is it goal difference?

Yes, but I don't thing it will matter. Marseille has lost its joker, Bordeaux will not fail against "little" teams.

I've seen great performances from goalkeepers but yesterday Carrasso did more than that despite conceeding 2 goals.
He saved at least 5 crucial actions and kept Toulouse in the game. They were even close to win.

Last edited:

Day 34 results :
Valenciennes 2-0 Lyon
Lorient 3-1 Lille
Grenoble 0-0 Nice
Monaco 0-1 Auxerre
Saint-Etienne 0-0 Nancy
Caen 3-1 Le Mans
Marseille 2-2 Toulouse
Paris-SG 0-1 Rennes
Nantes 1-2 Le Havre
Bordeaux 3-0 Sochaux

Classement :
1 Marseille 68 (+27)
2 Bordeaux 68 (+26)
3 Lyon 61
4 Paris-SG 60
5 Toulouse 58
6 Lille 56
7 Rennes 54
8 Nice 48
9 Auxerre 46
10 Monaco 43
11 Lorient 42 (+2)
12 Grenoble 42 (-10)
13 Valenciennes 40 (-3)
14 Nancy 40 (-7)
15 Le Mans 38
16 Caen 34
17 Sochaux 33 (-11)
18 Nantes 33 (-18)
19 Saint-Etienne 33 (-21)
20 Le Havre 24

Top scorer :
1 André-Pierre Gignac (Toulouse) 21
2 Guillaume Hoarau (Paris-SG) 17
3 Karim Benzema (Lyon) 14
4 Fernando Cavenaghi (Bordeaux) 13
- Fernandes Michel Bastos (Lille) 13
6 Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux) 11
- Steve Savidan (Caen) 11
- Loïc Rémy (Nice) 11
9 Ireneusz Jelen (Auxerre) 10
- Yoann Gourcuff (Bordeaux) 10
- Amadou Alassane (Le Havre) 10
- Mamadou Niang (Marseille) 10
- Youssouf Hadji (Nancy) 10

Top assist :
1 Michel Bastos Fernandes (Lille) 11
2 Wendel Geraldo (Bordeaux) 9
- Hellebuyck David (Nice) 9
4 Gourcuff Yoann (Bordeaux) 8
- Gameiro Kevin (Lorient) 8
6 Kahlenberg Thomas (Auxerre) 6
- Chamakh Marouane (Bordeaux) 6
- Vahirua Marama (Lorient) 6
- Ben Saada Chaouki (Nice) 6
- Rothen Jérôme (Paris-SG) 6
- Sessegnon Stéphane (Paris-SG) 6
- Pagis Mickaël (Rennes) 6
- Erding Mevlut (Sochaux) 6
- Didot Etienne (Toulouse) 6
- Danic Gaël (Valenciennes) 6

He was sh*t.

And this is because of Domenech : the poor guy had to decide between playing for Senegal and France, and it ruined him.
Playing the Euro was the worst thing that could ever happened to him. Since then he was not in the team and was terrible with Les Verts.

He scored some goals, but most of the time he is useless. People are expecting him to be a savior at 23 !

I think he has a lot of potential but this year has been really hard for him.

Every time i watch Gourcuff play i keep remembering Zizou, that look on his eyes, the dribble, the kicks.
Is it just me or did some1 else noticed it too? I already knew he was marked the next zizou, but this is getting really weird now, he really DOES look like zizou, and from the looks of it he seems almost has decisive as him.

Didier Deschamps will replace Erik Gerets as the coach of Marseille next season.

Here is one problem of French football:
Lyon has won the last 7 championship but had 4 or 5 coachs,
Marseille is now 1st, they change the coach
Paris is now 4th, they change the coach....

When will we have a guy like Ferguson who loves a club enough to stay all his life!

We can say the same for the players, when will we have a guy like Giggs with 800 games and 20 years with MU...
In France the 'old' are Rothen and Armand and they have been playing in Paris for 5 years only...

Here is one problem of French football:
Lyon has won the last 7 championship but had 4 or 5 coachs,
Marseille is now 1st, they change the coach
Paris is now 4th, they change the coach....

When will we have a guy like Ferguson who loves a club enough to stay all his life!

We can say the same for the players, when will we have a guy like Giggs with 800 games and 20 years with MU...
In France the 'old' are Rothen and Armand and they have been playing in Paris for 5 years only...

Gerets leave himself and about PSG it's the 08/09 transfers do the difference, not Le Guen.

Yes Thomas, but Gerets left because he felt Marseille's owner (and not Bouba Diop, the president) had no confidence in him during february-march months...clubs like L'OM and PSG and even Lyon have no long term vision.

Yes Thomas, but Gerets left because he felt Marseille's owner (and not Bouba Diop, the president) had no confidence in him during february-march months...clubs like L'OM and PSG and even Lyon have no long term vision.
Yes Gerd, but Robert Louis Dreyfus don't put money in OM right now, what why, OM too little club for Gerets desires.

Kambouare is a good choice, really like what he's done at Valenciennes, lets see what he can do at a top job.

Any rumours on who'll replace Puel at Lyon.

Wonder where he'll go next
Puel stay apparently.

Last edited:

Yeah Puel will stay, Aulas is getting rid of most of the players. Fresh start, same coach, new players.

Sounds good.

The current Lyon side seems a million miles away from the Lyon side that had guys like Malouda, Essien, Diarra, Abidal, Wiltord etc. That team should have gone a lot further in the CL...

I don't think that that is the reason why Gerets left L'OM, Thomas.
In an interview with a Belgian paper Gerets said he had decided to leave L'Om in february-march when Dreyfuss did not show any confidence in him.

I'm not a big fan of gerets, but i believe him.

I don't think that that is the reason why Gerets left L'OM, Thomas.
In an interview with a Belgian paper Gerets said he had decided to leave L'Om in february-march when Dreyfuss did not show any confidence in him.

I'm not a big fan of gerets, but i believe him.
Yes i think we can believe him, no doubt, but what is the more important, the president, the players and the fans or the president ? i think isn't just that.

Back
Top Bottom