Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 - 08/09 "Bordeaux Champion"

My congratulations to Bordeaux fans! :APPLAUD:
Gourcuff is the best player. I heard that some crtitics compare hi, with Zizu. Will he stay in Bordeaux or live it?

Terrific season for Michel Bastos and LOSC team-mate, revelation of the year Eden Hazard as well. Ultimately Gourcuff was just a little better and inspired his team to become champs but Michel stepped up and has really made a name for himself since joining Lille. Let's see if they can keep him now.
Bastos said he is going to stay.

Mamadou Nang is by far the player I respect the most in Ligue 1.
He is so impressive, and a great captain, always tries his best. He doesn't run a lot but he is the one that tries the most (a lot of accelerations). Not a big shooter, but a great finisher, best PK shooter I've ever seen (with Pirlo). He's so damn good :D.
Deschamps said he'll stay but I want to hear Niang confirm that asap. He's the most important player of Marseille !

Last edited:

What a season!!!

Lyon end up 3rd and have to 'Qualify' for CL Group stages now :LOL:

Les Verts pull out of the drop-zone on the final day of the season with a 4-0 thumping!

Les Canaries sad story in recent years continues, now back to Ligue 2 again.

Like you said Pog, the Gouffran goal is very weird lol! it's so bad to send your 'club' down a league! Conflicting interests. He makes Bordeaux champs and his fav club and friends and fans and family to 2nd division lol. Things had to happen this way... didn't they? :D It was fate!

OM magnificent season! So yeah you finish 2nd but GREAT season! too bad Gerets leaves! :( but I have confidence in Captain Didier as well.

Chamakh finally wins something and now after spending all his career here, it's time to leave, a new fresh challenge abroad.

Gignac magnificent season! Horeau and Benzema do well too.

Wonder if Steve Savidan will play Ligue 2 football now again. :/ Hope not but he's not the most ambitious man and he's very loyal.

Terrific season for Michel Bastos and LOSC team-mate, revelation of the year Eden Hazard as well. Ultimately Gourcuff was just a little better and inspired his team to become champs but Michel stepped up and has really made a name for himself since joining Lille. Let's see if they can keep him now.

I think Chamakh is staying, at least that's what he said, great for Bordeaux. Cavenaghi is probably leaving though.

Am really disappointed in Nantes, was hoping they'd stay up, but with the squad like there's... almost impossible.

And of course a come back from Toulouse, who've almost got relegated last season, I thought they deserved a place in Europa League.

P.S. I wonder where the hell has Signorino gone? He used to be so good for The Canaries and suddenly disappeared somewhere in Primera (guess he was in Getafe last time I checked), where the hell is he??? Why isn't he playing?

P.P.S. I've also heard that Lyon is interested in Hleb.

Last edited:

strange , yesterday chamakh sounded resolved to leave and today he's convinced to stay ... too bad , I really wanted to see him in EPL :(

Well done Blanc, my choice as SAF's successor at Old Trafford. :APPLAUD:

Heard Gourcuff made a deal with Bordeaux, so he will stay. Is that true? That seems terrific, finally a star stays in a not so "High class" team instead of going back to AC, where he knew he wouldn't get playing time.
Congrats to Yoann he made the perfect choice in my point of view.

Valbuena to leave!!! After Deschamps tells him, he's not really in his plans.

Sad to see that. Mathieu gave his all!! Developed from a very average player to a very good one. Strange.

It is sad to see Didier dismiss him in that manner, but the Valbuena situation isn't going to go undetected. He will get picked up by another club almost instantaneously, a talent like his cannot languish. It's just a matter of what club he'll sign for, and it would appear unlikely for him to remain in Ligue 1.

On a similar note, rumour has it that Le Mans have recieved an offer from Manchester United for Yohann Pelé and that they are in talks over a contract. One can only hope that the rumour isn't true, such a move could ruin his career.

A come back of Gabriel Heinze in Paris SG is expected as he is not in Perez' Plans. It is rumoured that Real Madrid will let him leave for free...

Valbuena had a discussion with Pape Diouf which said that he will finally stay in Marseille...

Gabriel Heinze is a possible free transfer, but 400.000€ by month, it's a joke.

Is Bordeaux gonna throw this away?

Permanently capturing Y-G was great! But now today I read this:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11800_5372757,00.html

But most importantly, I hear they've accepted an 8M bid for Alou Diarra!!! from Sevilla. Surely not! And I don't think Alou even wants to leave before World Cup. Not a team he's so key part of and influential. He's in the perfect place and that's not enough money anyway!

It'll be interesting to see if Blanc stays and how the new Champs will go about their summer... who to sell.. to keep... to loan out... one thing is for sure, it'll be really difficult to 'defend' your championship!
On a similar note, rumour has it that Le Mans have recieved an offer from Manchester United for Yohann Pelé and that they are in talks over a contract. One can only hope that the rumour isn't true, such a move could ruin his career.

I don't think he'll handle the pressure of Old Trafford well. Playing for Le Mans your whole life and then in front of every camera in the world and 70k in the stadium, a few mistakes.... and that's it, confidence shot! So I see what you mean, but who knows... it could also go well.. he is a top keeper, still young, can improve, mature further and van der sar doesn't have much left in the tank. Anyway, this is the first I hear about this...

The Yohann Pelé rumour is a strange one.
I think Man Utd have a very good young goal keeper in Ben Foster. As much as i like Vander Sar, i think in the long term it would be better foor Man Utd if Foster would become the first choice GK.

Yeah it's strange for Yohann Pelé, because few years ago, it's really the best young goalkeeper in France, now for me Lloris, Mandanda, Carasso and Douchez are better that him.

Is Bordeaux gonna throw this away?

Permanently capturing Y-G was great! But now today I read this:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11800_5372757,00.html

But most importantly, I hear they've accepted an 8M bid for Alou Diarra!!! from Sevilla. Surely not! And I don't think Alou even wants to leave before World Cup. Not a team he's so key part of and influential. He's in the perfect place and that's not enough money anyway!

It'll be interesting to see if Blanc stays and how the new Champs will go about their summer... who to sell.. to keep... to loan out... one thing is for sure, it'll be really difficult to 'defend' your championship!

I don't think he'll handle the pressure of Old Trafford well. Playing for Le Mans your whole life and then in front of every camera in the world and 70k in the stadium, a few mistakes.... and that's it, confidence shot! So I see what you mean, but who knows... it could also go well.. he is a top keeper, still young, can improve, mature further and van der sar doesn't have much left in the tank. Anyway, this is the first I hear about this...

It's funny to think that just a couple of seasons ago that Diawara was considered one of the worst central defenders in the Premier League, he has undergone a fantastic transformation in that time and has certainly proved his worth. As for Alou Diarra....I can see the motives in signing for Sevilla; he'd get a wage boost, quite obviously, and he'd be guaranteed to be in the starting line-up in a league watched regularly by national team managers. Sevilla's loss of Poulsen has proved to be just as devastating to their success as the loss of the marauding full-back Dani Alves and this gap was never really filled (Poulsen combined defensive quality with fantastic long passing and a hard-working nature), with Duscher not having the greatest of seasons. Whilst Alou Diarra cannot replicate the role that Poulsen played, he'd plug that gap between the back-four and the creative midfield with relative ease. The move could help Diarra to get himself noticed more, so let's not generalise with an answer here.

As for Yohann, I can't really vouch for how solid the source was for the rumour and therefore the validity of it is poor. I can't really see him moving to Manchester United really, not with Foster and Kuszczak proving their worth and desire for the role. And it'd be an absolute travesty if Yohann was signed to be a back-up keeper and such a move would ruin his career and his development. Having said that, I can't see Le Mans being the right club for Yohann's progression either....

What's even worse is that Toulouse are set to lose Mathieu to Valencia :(

Official balls by Puma

ligue11.jpg
ligue12.jpg

ligue2.jpg
ligue22.jpg

Nah to be fair to Malicki, at the start of the season I thought it'd be a nightmare with Greg in goals, but he did very well for a 34yr old sub keeper, we need a proper #1 and every ML i ever do with Lille i buy Yohann and he's awesome.

Nah to be fair to Malicki, at the start of the season I thought it'd be a nightmare with Greg in goals, but he did very well for a 34yr old sub keeper, we need a proper #1 and every ML i ever do with Lille i buy Yohann and he's awesome.

The chances of Lille signing Yohann do seem rather low, but he would perform well. As for ML, well, he had that crazy growth curve in some of the older versions of PES, didn't he? :P

An intersting move has arisen, Djimi Traore has signed for AS Monaco from Portsmouth. It'll be a good move for him, he'll have a chance to show his ability at a better stage than he did on loan at Birmingham this season :LOL:. It's just sad that in England he's been tainted by that own goal against Burnley and it's such a shame because he has a good level of technical ability and a great level of pace (particularly for a player of his build), he could still do a decent job in the Premier League but he's now become "damaged goods" just because of that one mistake. And yet he could probably do a good job at any of the lower table clubs and would have probably played well had he joined a club like West Ham, who are currently needing a full-back now that Lucas Neill has rejected their proposed contract. But clubs, and fans, overlook him because of that one mistake, and that's crazy. Could you imagine that happening to Pires after the penalty mishap?

Yeah Pele's curve was awesome, as was Odemwingie and Cabaye's in pes5, i loved that ML lol.

I too feel sorry for Djimi the fans never got over that goal, and forgot all teh good performances for Liverpool.

I wish him well at Monaco, they need the help.

Yeah Pele's curve was awesome, as was Odemwingie and Cabaye's in pes5, i loved that ML lol.

I too feel sorry for Djimi the fans never got over that goal, and forgot all teh good performances for Liverpool.

I wish him well at Monaco, they need the help.

Precisely, many football fans dubbed him as being the worst player to win a Champions League mention. And that's just nonsense! David May and John O'Shea own CL medals.....:P

BTW, I was in Sheffield last night and today ;) I went there for an Open Day and I've absolutely fallen in love with the place

don't forget Jesper Blomqvist aswell.

Oh nice one, where did you go in Sheff.

When do you find out if you got in.

Back onto the French League, Have any of you guys heard any rumours about Lille signings. And can someone confirm the Rudi Garcia situation, from what I can see he was released then reinstated, would be good to know the truth and not badly translated websites

Xavier Thuilot with the approval of Seydou decided to fire Rudy Garcia because they couldn't get along with each other.

Seydou met Le Guen but he wanted to come with a full staff but that was too expensive for Lille, so Le Guen turned down the job.

So, without a backup plan, and because getting rid of Garcia was a huge mistake, the board decided to fire Xavier Thuilot instead and Garcia was back as coach, with a brand new contract. I also heard that Rudy Garcia was on holidays and never officially fired.

About the signings, there's nothing about Lille.
Lille is very late compared to the rest of the league, that's another reason why Garcia is back.

Cheers Tuta mate, that clears it up for me.

Would have been the worse decision ever letting Rudi go, he's done a great job so far.

Has anyone heard what's the situation in "Hleb to Lyon" story?

Wow! LOl

p.s. Landreau to Lille!!! Gotta be freaking happy Gibb!!!

Back
Top Bottom