Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 07/08

Patrick Kluivert the new Lille # 9 i'm happy with it, He'll either be useless or great, chance for Fauvergue to learn from a legendary CF, so could be useful that way too, Puel will get the best from him hopefully

No, I never go to the Parc des Princes.
But my parisian friends will.

What you think of Ziani? Speaking with few other Marseille fans they not been too happy with him so far. I think maybe because he was direct replacement for Ribery, people are expecting big things straight away. I like Ziani and think he is a quality player, just lacks that extra bit of pace though.

I think he's one of the few who try to play football.

You can blame him on 2 actions where he could have assisted but we were aleady leading. You can't blame him for trying but physically he is not ready yet.

abdesadkifn0.png

chamakhyf6.png

nancyzl2.png

ouaddouix8.png

Some of you who are in France answer my question on last page.

What happened with Cristian Rodriguez and PSG? Did Le guen not want him? Did they release him? :eek:
Because he's with Benfica now and will be their gain and Parisians are gonna regret that.

I'm not an expert but i think L'Om's problems cannot besolved by simply firing a coach...
The team is underachieving for more than 10 years now...
Something is deeply rotten in Marseille...could be one of the biggest teams in Europe but is constantly underachieving since i follow football, with the exception of the Tapie-Goethals era (and we all know how those successes were achieved...).

Yes, OM's problems are a lot more than just a bad manager who is also to some degree holding them back.

And you're right, they definitely could be one of Europe's biggest teams.

Nonetheless, despite the other problems that will remain, it's still better to have a very good man in charge rather than an avg guy as manager.

So do I think, if given the proper support and time, Didier Deschamps will do a lot better for OM than Albert Emon will if he stays in charge? Yes.
Do I think this would help solve all of Marseille's problems? Of course not. :)

Therefore I see your point gerd and I have to totally agree. But at the same time, sacking Emon and bringing in a better man like Deschamps could still help to some degree. Although it would've been a lot better if Didier didn't have to come in middle of season but was in charge from the beginning so he made his own signings, etc.

Some of you who are in France answer my question on last page.

What happened with Cristian Rodriguez and PSG? Did Le guen not want him? Did they release him? :eek:
Because he's with Benfica now and will be their gain and Parisians are gonna regret that.

Cristian Rodriguez was released but Paris earned 3 m€, paid by his agent.

276200256.JPG

well it's been a long time,i wasn't here ,seems like it's becoming the OM thread over here..;)
netherless i'm happy with a point today even if i think we were th better team today

Not sure if that point is gonna be enough for Eamon. I here Diouf is having talks tomorrow.

Niang never looked fit as he never really got going. The defending for the PSG goal was shocking! Don't like the look of Bonnart at all. Again the 4-5-1 system bugs me big time.

It's my birthday today :) and I'm pleased with the point even though we played like shit once again : 15 minutes of play, 75 minutes of nothing.

So it's a good point because we couldn't win. On the goal, I think Bonnard was playing offside and missed his try. Cheyrou also had the matchpoint but he shot over the bar while he could/should have run inside the goals.

Emon is staying kobashi, 200% sure. The team wants to find a solution together (players & staff).

I want to see Nasri as a left midfielder and not in an axial midfielder. Even if he doesn't like it, he has to try for the team. His current position unbalances the team. I prefer to try him on the left side in a 4-4-2. Stop the arrow system !

-------------Mandanda
Bonnard Rodriguez Givet Taiwo
----------Cana Cheyrou
Ziani--------------------- Nasri
-----------Cisse Niang

Last edited:

Cristian Rodriguez was released but Paris earned 3 m€, paid by his agent.

I see. Thanks for info.

But like I said, it's a very weird decision.

They will regret that. Because he's worth at least 2.5 times that $3M they got for him.

Not only is he a player they could've used this season to give them that sorta different spark they're missing, he also could've become a big star for them in future and leave for a lot more money.

So anybody know, why he got released? Was it his attitude and club decided? Or did he want to go himself? Did Le Guen not want him?

Paul le guen wanted to keep him but he couldn't promise him an antomatic place in the starting eleven and rodriguez wanted absolutely play regular football week in and out

I saw him in Copa America and thought that he played really good, he really impressed me a lot. But you can't just promise people a place in the starting eleven. Even though I think that Rodriguez should be in the PSG one.

all i am gonna say is how bad was it Tuta??

As it is Ramadan I am trying not to get angry and worked up about football.

all i am gonna say is how bad was it Tuta??
I don't want to say that we were bad. Luck isn't our friend.
0-2 at half time was a perfect hold-up. The players were stunned.
20 pleasant minutes, with only Marseille playing, until a quick freekich stopped everything.

The 2nd goal is because of Nasri doing dribbles in front of the area so he lost the ball to a great Elmander. What a moron !

I can't blame the players, because the spirit was there but, again, nothing happened. The team is not able to "kill" the other team so the opponents are never afraid and that's us who finish us.

I don't know what's Emon is going to do but a lot of change is going to happen. Btw, Arrache was in the starting eleven and he did well. I liked his performance.

The fans are really upset and angry. The stadium was booing and making fun of the players at the same time...

Last edited:

To be all fair the game was boring to death and Marseille was really disappointing, which, in the light of next week's ECL start versus Besiktas isn't really optimistic. And you can't blame the luck if the team just does show glimpses of good football only for 20 minutes.

Paul le guen wanted to keep him but he couldn't promise him an antomatic place in the starting eleven and rodriguez wanted absolutely play regular football week in and out

But it's not like he's guaranteed to play every week in Benfica either.

It's weird that he demanded that because I don't think like Andre said, ANY player has the right to EXPECT week-in, week-out starting-line up place in any team.

Too bad this couldn't work out because i could see Cristian Rodriguez turning into a really quality player over the next couple season for PSG and Ligue 1.

Oh well, best of luck to him at Benfican and Portugal however and hope he does well there.

Good for him and Benfica. Best of luck. :thumbup:

I remember hearing a few months ago from someone (I can't remember who) that Frank Ribery is muslim. Not a natural born one but one who converted because his gal is muslim and from Morocco or another country (can't remember). Heard the same with Robin van Persie.

Is there any truth in that or bullshit?
Just curious.

We know Anelka converted to Islam a couple years ago. Any other players?

Good for him and Benfica. Best of luck. :thumbup:

I remember hearing a few months ago from someone (I can't remember who) that Frank Ribery is muslim. Not a natural born one but one who converted because his gal is muslim and from Morocco or another country (can't remember). Heard the same with Robin van Persie.

Is there any truth in that or bullshit?
Just curious.

We know Anelka converted to Islam a couple years ago. Any other players?
yes this is truth and most people knows about ribery being muslim as he does his prayer in many games .
anelka is also muslim from quite a time and it's also the case for malouda , didier domi , franck silvestre , julien faubert , geremi janot and franck kanoute (but maybe kanoute was born muslim as it's the case for many malian people) . there is also bruno metsu and philipe troussier who even changed his name into omar troussier :lol:

Yeh when I first heard about "Omar" Troussier, I laughed my ass off! :mrgreen: :lol:

But MAlouda, Faubert and Janot, muslim? :-s :eek:
Are you sure, bro?

That is a REAL shocker for me! :shock:

Yeh when I first heard about "Omar" Troussier, I laughed my ass off! :mrgreen: :lol:

But MAlouda, Faubert and Janot, muslim? :-s :eek:
Are you sure, bro?

That is a REAL shocker for me! :shock:
yes mate I'm sure and I even have a proof but I mixed abidal and malouda I think :

the title ils the stars who choose the coran .

Abidal makes more sense than Malouda. :)

What does "Choose the Qoran" mean exactly though? Is it a full proof I mean?

By the way, in previous post, you also said Frank Silvestre instead of Mickael.

I guess Jeremy Janot is another who converted, right? Can't imagine him having been BORN a Muslim. I'm SHOCKED about that. :eek:

I wonder if these guys will 'fast' and play. That'd be crazy!! I guess it depends on if they are religious or not. But we don't know if Ribery, Anelka, Faubert, Janot and these guys are religious enough to "FAST" or if they aren't that serious or maybe think it's unhealthy to do so under such rigorous training schedules and matches.

Abidal makes more sense than Malouda. :)

What does "Choose the Qoran" mean exactly though? Is it a full proof I mean?

By the way, in previous post, you also said Frank Silvestre instead of Mickael.

I guess Jeremy Janot is another who converted, right? Can't imagine him having been BORN a Muslim. I'm SHOCKED about that. :eek:

I wonder if these guys will 'fast' and play. That'd be crazy!! I guess it depends on if they are religious or not. But we don't know if Ribery, Anelka, Faubert, Janot and these guys are religious enough to "FAST" or if they aren't that serious or maybe think it's unhealthy to do so under such rigorous training schedules and matches.
"choose the Qoran" is a way to say they are converted so of course it's about those who aren't born muslim .
I've seen this news paper scan quite a time ago that's why I made mistakes on the names and when you asked me if it was sure I made a research in the moroccan forum I've seen this in .
some of them fast , I remember last year when some marseille players talked about fasting , cana was fasting as well but being from albania it must mean he was born muslim .
but there a lot of born muslim players who don't fast on match days , for example taarabt said he's a practicing muslim but he doesn't fast on match days wich is wise .
usually converted people practice islam more seriously than others maybe because they want to pay back for the period they weren't , I don't know well . when morocco played against tunisia on wc qualifier during ramadan most players didn't fast and they are all born muslim .
if I had an advice to give any professionnal sportsman it would be not to fast on hard days . islam is not a hardcore religion and there always easy ways . for example it's allowed to eat on trip days but it's because before there was no train nor air plane so it was a hard work to travel . also when there is no reason for not fasting and yet someone eats the rule is to give food for 60 poor people and it's not much for a pro football player is it ?
no to eat is not a big deal but the body needs water badly especially when making efforts . if I was a coach I wouldn't make a fasting player play more than 30 min .

there is also philip christanval , peguy luyundula , alain perrin , frederic hantz and rene girard (So foot magazine number 33 may 2006).

Last edited:

I agree with the stuff you said Pogoss. I wouldn't recommend it either.

It can be quite dangerous indeed to play and train at such high level and in such hot temperature and not get de-hydrated with water. So I'm glad to see young Adel and some others not fast.

As for Alain Perrin, Hantz and Luyindula, more shock for me. :shock:

I wonder about guys like Kolo Toure, Aruna Dindane and rest of Ivory Coast guys. Are they usually born Muslim? I guess Malians like Seydou Keita and Kanoute are.

I agree with the stuff you said Pogoss. I wouldn't recommend it either.

It can be quite dangerous indeed to play and train at such high level and in such hot temperature and not get de-hydrated with water. So I'm glad to see young Adel and some others not fast.

As for Alain Perrin, Hantz and Luyindula, more shock for me. :shock:

I wonder about guys like Kolo Toure, Aruna Dindane and rest of Ivory Coast guys. Are they usually born Muslim? I guess Malians like Seydou Keita and Kanoute are.
the ivory coast guys you mentionned are born muslim but there are others who are born christian (drogba for example) . in Mali people are usually born muslim .

another defeat for Marseille. seen the goals and the 1st goal was offside. two players were off so flag should of went up. 2nd goal was poor defending from Marseille.

How did Marseille play as I never saw the game. Ramadan mubarak to all my muslim brothers on here.

There is not offside on the 1st goal. It's passive offside and Niculae was not offside neither bothering defenders. It's 100% ok. And a great assist by Pedretti.

We were completely shit in 1st half and completely stolen in second : 2 (maybe 3) PKs forgotten ! The referee gave a freekick for a big foul in the area !

It's always the same :
20 good minutes, shit until the end of 1st half, 2 goals conceeded, 45 minutes to try to score, 1 or 2 bars, bad referee, no luck = another lose.

Back
Top Bottom