Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 07/08

There is not offside on the 1st goal. It's passive offside and Niculae was not offside neither bothering defenders. It's 100% ok. And a great assist by Pedretti.

We were completely shit in 1st half and completely stolen in second : 2 (maybe 3) PKs forgotten ! The referee gave a freekick for a big foul in the area !

It's always the same :
20 good minutes, shit until the end of 1st half, 2 goals conceeded, 45 minutes to try to score, 1 or 2 bars, bad referee, no luck = another lose.
what a shame with the offside , the not given PK and the kit problem :shock:

Hakeem Olajuwon used to fast properly during the NBA season if i remember correctly, and his points average always dropped, but fair play to him for the commitment.

Watching Lyon v Lille, Lille putting in a good performance so far, working really hard, closing Lyon down very quickly, stopping the creativity of Juninho, Keita, Toulalan, Benzeman had 2 good moments but he's been quiet for half an hour.

Great goal by Bastos, fantastic volley, hopefully they can keep up the work, and maybe hit on the break, but going with Lille's history this season and can't see Lyon not scoring, last 20mins will be an onslaught.

Lichsteiner, Obraniak, Beria and Plestan are playing great, praying they keep it up

Well FT and I'll take a point for LOSC, knew Lyon would score, and could have been more, Benzema was very good, Keita played well, Juninho was disappointing, for LOSC Makoun had a fantastic second half, Youla did ok when he came on, and overall Lille deserved a point, would have been unlucky to get nothing, hopefully the boys can get confidence after this to go on and get a couple of wins at some point.

I really wanted Emon to turn it around after the success of last year. Things were just not going right though so changes had to be made.

Nice.

Albert was an idiot tactically. He made some weird choices by giving certain instructions and positions to players that didn't suit them that my little 10-year old niece would know not to do.

But I like how people are being nice to him and thanking him for last year. That's classy.

So yeh.. I'll say the same. Thanks Albert for getting OM into CL, but now it was time to go...

The last Belgian Marseille coach was not bad...Goethals...Eric Gerets was Goethals' captain in Standard when they were buying their last match of the championship in 1984...

Goethals
Gerets
L' OM

It kind of fits...

Seriously, i think Gerets is a great coach, team spirit is very important for him. Either he will be gone after a month or he will be successfull...

he has that kind of charisma to reach his team. i like him although he worked for one of our biggest rivals. i am sure he will be successful.

A gift for PLF ;).
(Thanks Anov)

Here's OL Land.

carte_stade_ok.png

>>> Structure...

>>> Outlook...

>>> Sky views...

>>> Outside

>>> Inside

Did anyone see Baros shaking on the ground with blood gushing out of his nose? Not a pretty site at all. I'm glad it was nothing serious.

Nah I didn't.

Not a fan of the tanned Czech but I hope he's alright.

OMFG !!! what a goal by Benzema :shock: pure genius

The goals
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/benzema+lens/video/x33c70_ol-30-lens_extreme

Santos, Kallstorm ad Benzema

I don't think it was that nice, Thomas.

It was a fancy backheel that nutmegged the defender, but that's it basically. After that he just had to sprint a bit and deliver a shot which wasn't a great one either but scored anyhow.

Karim is DEFINITELY the $hit though. It's gonna take a TRUCKLOAD of bills ($) to take him away from OL if any other club wanted to have this monster on their team which already I bet you everybody wants and soon they'll want it even more and of course being a Lyonnais himself and coming through that youth academy, he's not gonna be as eager to leave as someone like Essien was for example.

Here's OL Land.

Looks nice, doesn't it?

When's it gonna be ready and what's the capacity of this new stadium gonna be? Is it confirmed?
Actually, I'm also curious, how many millions of $$$ this project takes to be ready?

Aulas did arrogantly say months ago that this is gonna be like Arsenal's new Emirates stadium kinda but better.
Let's see if it will be...

OL Land is approved and should be ready in 2010 with 60,000 places.

It should cost between 250 and 300 millions for the club. But I've heard that 85 millions more are going to be paid by the inhabitants in order to create a tram and new roads to access the stadium outside of Lyon...

That looks pretty bad.

Did he have to go to hospital or the physios took care of him right then and there?

ah ok :roll:

Maybe you're missing my point. A back-heel nutmeg is pretty nice but I meant, he went past ONE player.

It's not like he took the ball past 3-4 players showing different skills before chipping the goalkeeper. He did ONE amazing thing and that had a lot to do with some 'luck' as well in my opinion. After that, he just had to sprint and deliver a shot which he did and scored even though it wasn't a very good one.

Pretty nice goal overall but not something I'd drooool over!!! :eek:
I've been impressed even more with certain other moments of Karim's ability and skill on the pitch before.

OL Land is approved and should be ready in 2010 with 60,000 places.

It should cost between 250 and 300 millions for the club. But I've heard that 85 millions more are going to be paid by the inhabitants in order to create a tram and new roads to access the stadium outside of Lyon...

I see. Thanks for info.

That sounds pretty good.

I assume, they're doing the tram and new roads to make sure, even more fans who don't live close or in Lyon can come to matches.

60,000 is pretty good. Will they be able to expand it further let's say 10 years from now or will they have to create a new place again? I'm pretty sure, they will be able to add more seats if they wanted but they won't need it in the short-term anyway.

Is OM gonna expand Velodromme even further? I remember hearing about it awhile ago. But there probably isn't enough money available, is there?

That looks pretty bad.

Did he have to go to hospital or the physios took care of him right then and there?

The physios took care of him after the incident. They way he was shaking was scary. He looked as a person that has an epileptic attack. I'll see if I can get some footage if anyone is interested.

edit: Talking about stadiums...is there any news about the new Stade Du Ray?

Is OM gonna expand Velodromme even further? I remember hearing about it awhile ago. But there probably isn't enough money available, is there?

They're still thinking about it, but because the stadium is the property of the city and not the club, it's a bit complicated.

The mayor is ok with a 80,000 places stadium (and I think it's easy to fill) but a lot of studies are needed. It would cost approximately 150 millions.

edit: Talking about stadiums...is there any news about the new Stade Du Ray?

The production stopped a year ago. Did you have another news since this flop ?

Last edited:

OM already has one of the largest stadiums in Europe but yes, I think they can expand it even further and still fill it out with relative ease.

It'll be a great sign for French football as well.

Think about those teams like Liverpool coming to it to play CL football and thinking they are SUCH huge clubs, not knowing, OM itself has no shortage of fans and has bigger stadium and fills it too.

It's good to hear, 'Velodromme' is expandable. Who will pay that $150M though if it's owned by city and not club?

Sorry to hear about the new Stade Du Ray production being stopped? :|
I didn't know it had stopped!!! :shock:

Bad news! :(

Speaking of Mr. Benzema, Ray Domenech has left current Serie A top scorer David Trezeguet out of his squad as he feels Karim is more useful, as he can play on the wing as well as up front.

Although it is only for the games against the Faroes and Lithuania, i'd expect David to return for the Ukraine game, however it's nice to see Domenech being as tactful has ever. ;)

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct10e.html

Last edited:

ah ok :roll:

i agree with thomas, do you know what kind of balls that takes to pull of in a professional match? Kallstrom could have sky highed that and the coach might be somewhat happy he was going for goal, but if kareem had gotten stuffed by the backheel and lens started a counterattack and scored or had an opportunity, the coach would have been furious. The move is that more impressive as well because he displays his pace and power.

YEAHHHHHHH !!!
1st win !!!

3 pts and we need to do well against Porto in order to start a serie of good results.

YEAHHHHHHH !!!
1st win !!!

3 pts and we need to do well against Porto in order to start a serie of good results.

Watched your game, not a bad strike from Zenden, just suprised that he wasn't closed down at all. I guess the Champions League game is a big one for you.

anyone knows the current situation with fred(not talking about his injury, but about his team situation)?
some newpapers here in brazil said he had an discussion with lyons president and he wantd to be transfer list, is there any reports of that there in france?

anyone knows the current situation with fred(not talking about his injury, but about his team situation)?
some newpapers here in brazil said he had an discussion with lyons president and he wantd to be transfer list, is there any reports of that there in france?
he's back from injury now , he played in league cup as a starter but with benzemma being so good this season he's no more a number 1 choice even if he was starter at the same time than benzemma last week end (karim played in the left side) .

Lyon - Marseille : 1-2
Juninho 7'
Niang 10' (P)
Niang 42'

Our reference match. I hope they confirm next match. Mandanda wa unbelievable. It could have been a 5-5 draw.

Back
Top Bottom