Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 07/08

Someone heard that Fred wants a move out Lyon??
I read this here and he said that he's not being respected and valued for his football by Jean-Michel Aulas and that his time with Lyon is over.
If someone read this too and could confirm would be great and I think it's sad news for Lyon but good news for a lot of great clubs in Europe as he's a great player and adapted well in Lyon makind second top scorer in Ligue 1 in his first year despite not being first choice striker.
Sorry if it is off-topic, but I don't think it would fit well in Speculation hread as none club made an offer for him and sorry for my english.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fred moves sooner or later.

He's a player that I can see becoming the world's most dangerous striker but his time in France hasn't exactly been a success.

I wouldn't say he's adapted well. He's had his good days and bad days. But mostly, it's been frequent injuries that have kept him from showing his true ability rather than inconsistency.

He pi$$ed off Aulas and the club not 1 but TWO times by not coming back to Lyon when scheduled and going to Brazil or elsewhere after getting injuries and they certainly didn't like that.

Now the relationship isn't good and a smart club can come and take one of the world's future best strikers, away from OL for a lot cheaper than they probably would be able to in a couple years.

His time in Europe (France only so far) has not been a happy one with 'rotation', 'injuries' and 'inconsistency' but I'm sure it can become one. Because he's got everything you'd want in a clinical striker. Whether those great days in future will come for OL or another club... we shall see as the story unfolds. :)

Lyon lose Cris for 6 months

HOLY $HIT!!! :eek:

Now you can see OL possibly struggling!

Best defender of league is gonna be out and he's probably the most important part of the team because there is no real replacement for him. For every other great player OL has, they also have an impressive back-up. For Cris? Nop. Not close.

First Coupet, now Cris. Good thing transfer window isn't closed. Because they may well have to use it.

Well, now in english.
Long time no talks, m8... I partially agree with you that Fred didn't have much success in France, but in his first year he was second top striker of the league despite Carew being number one choice for Houllier. On the other hand, he suffered some injuries and didn't proved his best yet. I hope he can get a great club and can prove himself in Europe.
See ya...

WTF! OM lose 2-1 so two points from 9. what is going wrong? is it eamon's tactics? has ribery departure crippled the creativity in the side? I a sad OM fan at the moment.

OM lack creativity with only 2 players who can provide them to some degree. Nasri and Ziani. When only one of them is playing or neither, they can be very predictable and hence have a hard time breaking down the opposition. I'm not a fan of #10 players (flair-type), but even I can admit, OM needs at least one more player who can be unpredictable like Ribery was. Otherwise, they'll be too boring and easy to predict for many games.

Unless they can get Ziani and Nasri playing in same team and both in top form.

Anyway, another thing is Albert Emon. I think he's a decent coach but I certainly don't believe much in his tactical abilities. Too many times, for my liking, he makes what I believe are not the right tactical choices. He often uses players where some of their weaknesses are exposed and their strengths aren't played to.

Hell.. this is the same guy who played Pagis as a WF some of the time though.. so how much can we expect.. :roll: :mrgreen: :p

OM lack creativity with only 2 players who can provide them to some degree. Nasri and Ziani. When only one of them is playing or neither, they can be very predictable and hence have a hard time breaking down the opposition. I'm not a fan of #10 players (flair-type), but even I can admit, OM needs at least one more player who can be unpredictable like Ribery was. Otherwise, they'll be too boring and easy to predict for many games.

Unless they can get Ziani and Nasri playing in same team and both in top form.

Anyway, another thing is Albert Emon. I think he's a decent coach but I certainly don't believe much in his tactical abilities. Too many times, for my liking, he makes what I believe are not the right tactical choices. He often uses players where some of their weaknesses are exposed and their strengths aren't played to.

Hell.. this is the same guy who played Pagis as a WF some of the time though.. so how much can we expect.. :roll: :mrgreen: :p

Very surprised with Marseilles start, 1 players leaves, lots come in, It could be the squad are still learning each others styles, but then Niang, Cisse and Nasri all know each other, so surely a few goals could come from that combination.

Must say congratulations to Antoine Kombouare and Valenciennes, to play Toulouse and Marseille in the first 3 weeks and come out with 6 points is fantastic, 5 points away from relegation, great start.

My beloved Lille are doing ok too, 5 points from 9, although 2 home games 2 draws isn't the best, but beating Metz away from home however scrappy it was and a draw against Sochaux isn't the worst result, Glad Mirallas got another chance to start upfront, he was much better than Youla when he came on against Metz.

Last mention goes to Le Mans and Tulio de Melo, I didn't hold that much hope for Le Mans after the failure to streghten the team in the Summer so far, but De Melo has stepped up to the plate and is filling Bangouras shoes and then some, have watched out for Tulio since I signed him in my Lille ML, and I'm glad he's getting the goals

Cya

Nasri with Niang being injured has been a big blow. Zendan is way past it and have no idea why he was signed to be honest. Valbuena should be in the team ahead of Zendan.

Very surprised with Marseilles start, 1 players leaves, lots come in, It could be the squad are still learning each others styles, but then Niang, Cisse and Nasri all know each other, so surely a few goals could come from that combination.

Must say congratulations to Antoine Kombouare and Valenciennes, to play Toulouse and Marseille in the first 3 weeks and come out with 6 points is fantastic, 5 points away from relegation, great start.

My beloved Lille are doing ok too, 5 points from 9, although 2 home games 2 draws isn't the best, but beating Metz away from home however scrappy it was and a draw against Sochaux isn't the worst result, Glad Mirallas got another chance to start upfront, he was much better than Youla when he came on against Metz.

Last mention goes to Le Mans and Tulio de Melo, I didn't hold that much hope for Le Mans after the failure to streghten the team in the Summer so far, but De Melo has stepped up to the plate and is filling Bangouras shoes and then some, have watched out for Tulio since I signed him in my Lille ML, and I'm glad he's getting the goals

Cya
can't say it's a surprise concerning marseille , it's still early for that and nasri is not in his top so even if they have more good players than last season I can't say they have a better 11 without nasri , niang , pagis and ribery .

as far as I'm concerned I'm happy with this 3rd day with chamakh , abdessadki and hadji's games and I hope to see Nancy continuing like this and take 33 other points as soon as possible so we can start thinking about more .

We suck.

No link between midfield and Cissé. We'll suck during a long time this season if Emon continues playing in 4-5-1.

Please, finish me ! :cry:

Tuta we were better going forward but the defence was all over the place. it was a silly tackle to give away the penalty and the 2nd nancy goal was terrible defending. I look at the defence and there is a lack of pace. What do you think of the Rodriguez & Givet Partnership?

Maybe Zubar should be brought back in..

They are solid in the air but the rest is very poor. Givet was playing on only one leg yesterday and Emon didn't even sub him. I prefer Cana in DC position with Zubar-Cheyrou as midfielders. Zubar played as a midfielder with Caen, he should be tested in this position. Cana is totally useless in the construction of attacks.

We were better yesterday, yes but Nancy totally deserves the draw and maybe more. They're simply way better than Marseille. That's why this team is leader.

Tuta we were better going forward but the defence was all over the place. it was a silly tackle to give away the penalty and the 2nd nancy goal was terrible defending. I look at the defence and there is a lack of pace. What do you think of the Rodriguez & Givet Partnership?

Maybe Zubar should be brought back in..
did you read that on some paper ? if you watch the game you'll see something different . nancy and marseilles had the same amount of occasions and it started from the begining . if you want I can up the whole game but I don't know if It's legal .
We were better yesterday, yes but Nancy totally deserves the draw and maybe more. They're simply way better than Marseille. That's why this team is leader.
I can't understand . you say you were better then you say they were way better . :shock:
nancy deseraved the draw means you were not better . to me both teams could have won 3 - 2 .

Last edited:

A very surprising start to the ligue 1 season so far, Lyon and Marseille disappoint (for different reasons) and Strasbourg is doing very well so far :lol:

A very surprising start to the ligue 1 season so far, Lyon and Marseille disappoint (for different reasons) and Strasbourg is doing very well so far :lol:
nancy didn't take any one this mercato and they will not . the only move is diakhate leaving for dynamo kiev . they made the choice to keep the same team and they are doing well . I hope they'll continue and get 32 other points as soon as possible .

pogoss i was also talking about OM being better as an attacking force compared to previous three games.

yeah cana is horrible in his current position, however ziani is GREAT! the little diamond of nasir, cherou, and ziani is fun to watch. They need to play better defense if they want to do well this year.

Actually, today everybody sucks in Marseille's team.
It just looks like for me that they still don't see that the League has already started.

Lyon signed ex-Corinthians and now ex-Benfica Central Defender Anderson.
He's a quick defender who has really good header skills, and who has shown a lot of leadership on and off the pitch during his time in Corinthians.
I think it's a good move for Lyon, even if I don't like this team.

At last Marseille won. It feels good.

Very poor 1st half. Way better 2nd half. Caen is a bit unlucky because the team played some nice football in 1st half but couldn't get any shot on target. They woke up a bit late.

At last Marseille won. It feels good.

Very poor 1st half. Way better 2nd half. Caen is a bit unlucky because the team played some nice football in 1st half but couldn't get any shot on target. They woke up a bit late.
Nice first game for Mandanda :)

I know Auxerre isn't good in this beginning of the season.
But Nancy just destroyed them.

Lorient caught the draw against Bordeaux with 2 minutes left in the game.

And Monaco did a good second half to win it against Lorient.

Do we have a... better championship now?

Just back from agreat holiday in France (Brittany - Ploudalmezeau anyone).
And for three weeks i've been able to follow league1 (and that's it for the rest of the season, including today's games...).
To me Le Mans are sensational. Great football, big results and one world class player: Romaric.
I know PLF don't rates him hig and he's the expert.
BUT: he was great in the matches i saw (3), L' Equipe and France Football seem to agree with me (high player rates) and his manager called him world class (but he's supposed to say this???). Discussion please????

I'm also very charmed by Lorient (of course) and Valenciennes...i like underdogs who perform well...

Lyon seems to be a mess with all the injuries and the discussions in the squad (Govou - Juninho).

Bad start for Lens (i hope Pieroni can help them, i like him a lot)

And Rennes just have completed the worst transfer in history: Wiltord. He will play fa,tastic the first weeks or even months, but it will all end in tears just like in all his previous clubs.

So now you can forget me as an expert for the rest of the season...

PS: Ziani is great....

Back
Top Bottom