Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07 - 24 July Lyon vs Sochaux in Beijing

:lmao: :lol: superb find total, nice one!!

This is off topic, but still related to French football. I watched a French movie called 11 commandements a couple of days ago and they had a good segment in it. Before a Lyon home match 4 guys went to Stade Gerland and the announcer presented them as St.- Etienne fans. :D Just that made the home fans very angry. Then they sung Le Lyon est mort ce soir (Lyon died tonight - correct me if I'm wrong).

Here's the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usDwt6h-n7Y
talking about that movie and related to ligue 1 , here is the scene I liked the most :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ojqTA5_tpE&mode=related&search=

:lol: :lmao: (Thanks Total and Pog) :lol:

--------------------------------------

Finally some good news:

OM have captured 3 good players.

- Laurent Bonnart who was Le Mans' captain and one of the best left backs in the league but much under-rated in terms of popularity and reputation probably due to playing for a small club.

- Benoit Cheyrou who needs no introduction and we already spoke about anyway.

and Monaco captain and French Int'l, Gael Givet who fell out with them last year who is now tied up to a 4-year contract.

Not world-class players but they are of a good standard and will they definitely improve their current squad and add further depth to it too. Good signing and much NEEDED to be honest, if France was not to be badly represented next year in CL.

They are looking to clinch a deal for Djibril Cisse as well (Whom I've personally never been a fan of but can be useful if can stay fit and not injured) although Bolton are also interested in him.

----------------------------------------------

In other BIG NEWS, Les Verts have completed the signing of the latest starlet to come out Nantes' famous youth academy in shape of Dmitri Payet!

BUT, after 12 years of association with the club and being one the St. Etienne SYMBOLS, Julien Sable the captain has left to join Guy Roux and Kanga Akale at Lens!

they just took chafni and toifilou maoulida .

Yup, I heard and it looks like they might also get Matuidi from relegated Troyes although that won't be easy as he has other admirers like Bordeaux who should especially get him if Mavuba leaves.

Don't think that going to Spurs ia a good move for Kaboul, he should've stayed in League 1 for another year just to become stronger and more experienced, cos he's nothing but a very promising youngster yet in my eyes.

Yeah he could definitely grow more by staying in Ligue 1 but so could Benoit Assou-Ekotto who left for Spurs last year and so many other players. Sadly they seem to go early nowadays :( and not like Pires who left at the perfect time and after completely maturing in Ligue 1 and developing into a world-class player.

What I'm not really happy about is how Auxerre consistently looses their leaders - Akale, Kaboul, Sagna, Cheyrou, Mathis, Kahlenberg may be leaving too and it's only this year. Imagine what team it could've been by now if they could've kept at least half of players who've left in the previous 3-4 years: Djibril Cisse, Bonaventure Kalou, Philippe Mexes, Jean-Alain Boumsong, Teemu Tainio, Olivier Kapo, Vassiriki Diaby...

Sadly I think we've all got used to this by now. :(

Auxerre as much as I hate to admit it have "Selling Club and Small Club" written all over them! :(

This is a club that's been very successful overall in the past decade or so and constantly almost finished in the top 6 and got into Europe and on few occasions even challenged for title and played CL football but STILL sells its biggest and best assets (And sometimes even lesser important players than that) year after year.

They have a fairly small stadium and not that many fans apart from the locals I guess. :|

It'd be great to see them as a bigger club one day but sadly it doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon and this pattern will only continue I suppose for many many many more years to come, whether we like it or not. :/

Yea, that's really sad to see, as Auxerre is among my favourite teams in France. The only good thing in this situation is the fact that some very promising young players from their academy get a chance to play.

:lol: :lmao: (Thanks Total and Pog) :lol:

--------------------------------------

Finally some good news:

OM have captured 3 good players.

- Laurent Bonnart who was Le Mans' captain and one of the best left backs in the league but much under-rated in terms of popularity and reputation probably due to playing for a small club.

- Benoit Cheyrou who needs no introduction and we already spoke about anyway.

and Monaco captain and French Int'l, Gael Givet who fell out with them last year who is now tied up to a 4-year contract.

Not world-class players but they are of a good standard and will they definitely improve their current squad and add further depth to it too. Good signing and much NEEDED to be honest, if France was not to be badly represented next year in CL.

They are looking to clinch a deal for Djibril Cisse as well (Whom I've personally never been a fan of but can be useful if can stay fit and not injured) although Bolton are also interested in him.

----------------------------------------------

In other BIG NEWS, Les Verts have completed the signing of the latest starlet to come out Nantes' famous youth academy in shape of Dmitri Payet!

BUT, after 12 years of association with the club and being one the St. Etienne SYMBOLS, Julien Sable the captain has left to join Guy Roux and Kanga Akale at Lens!

Yup, I heard and it looks like they might also get Matuidi from relegated Troyes although that won't be easy as he has other admirers like Bordeaux who should especially get him if Mavuba leaves.

Yeah he could definitely grow more by staying in Ligue 1 but so could Benoit Assou-Ekotto who left for Spurs last year and so many other players. Sadly they seem to go early nowadays :( and not like Pires who left at the perfect time and after completely maturing in Ligue 1 and developing into a world-class player.

Sadly I think we've all got used to this by now. :(

Auxerre as much as I hate to admit it have "Selling Club and Small Club" written all over them! :(

This is a club that's been very successful overall in the past decade or so and constantly almost finished in the top 6 and got into Europe and on few occasions even challenged for title and played CL football but STILL sells its biggest and best assets (And sometimes even lesser important players than that) year after year.

They have a fairly small stadium and not that many fans apart from the locals I guess. :|

It'd be great to see them as a bigger club one day but sadly it doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon and this pattern will only continue I suppose for many many many more years to come, whether we like it or not. :/
cheyrou was also captain in auxerre wasn't he ? and they were also after julien sable who was also saint etienne's captain :lol:
as far as it concerns mavuba they are trying to keep him , that was one of laurant blanc's first wish and he already managed to keep chamakh who signed for another year .

Yep.

And now the word is Blanc may hijack Alou Diarra's transfer from Lyon since he's said to prefer that move over EPL and doesn't want to stay at Lyon because he wants to be sure of a first team place.

But then if Mavuba AND Fernando Menegazzo are staying, Bordeaux may not be the best option for Alou if guaranteed 1st team football is all he's really looking for. :-k

-----------------------------------------------

LOSC have finally landed a player after losing some big ones this summer. I don't know him but he's a Colombian striker who has been asking about Ligue 1 and Lille from St. Etienne youngster, Freddy Guarin.

His name is Luis Yanes and the report I read was so funny because it was full of mistakes saying bull$**t! Read it yourself if you want off skysports website. :lol:

------------------------------------------------

Olivier Kapo is available in market as it's unlikely Juve will keep him and they've said he can leave for around $2-3M.

Having just fought against relegation with Levate, the Ex-Auxerre man has admitted, he'd like his next move to be with a more ambitious club.

I think Toulouse and OM should possibly look at him. He's fairly cheap. Sorta proven at Ligue 1 level and I'm sure OM can lure him in if they wanted with prospect of playing at Velodromme and Toulouse could do the same most likely with CL football in mind!

There's EPL and La Liga clubs interested in him too but they can't offer the same sporting value (CL and temptation of playing for a club like OM which is so many player's dreams) because they are the likes of Birmingham, Everton, Mallorca and Betis.

It'll be interesting to see if a French club does show interest in bringing Kapo back to Ligue 1, then. At the moment, nobody has apart from a couple La Liga/EPL and Greek giants like Olympiakos and AEK Athens.

The only club who may sign him is Paris.

Marseille wanted him before his period in Monaco but now it's over. But we still need a left winger.

From what I've learnt about searching Luis Yanes, his name is Luis Alfredo Yanes Padilla, so not what he's gonna be known as.

I have heard he is a Striker but from other places that he is a Midfielder playing on the right, so not sure where he's gonna fit.

The Story on the Sky Sports page is stupid, he's joined cause he wants to play CL football, well he'll have to wait a bit, maybe 1/2 years, and saying that Lille are one of the best teams in France is a bit harsh on quite a few teams, We're a good team in a close league.

Look forward to seeign him in action

It seems like Toulouse is going to buy the swedish centre back Jon Jönsson from Elfsborg. Good for Toulouse but bad for Elfsborg they could need him in the upcoming CL Qualifies.

yeah tOulouse needs absolutely a new center back as Arribagé is getting old now(36 i think)

The deal is done now. Do you think that they will try to play him from the beginning in the starting eleven or will he just be a backup? Lots of swedish centre backs in ligue 1 now btw Hansson,Jönsson and Karl Svensson too.

I do not understand what Papa Diouf is doing. Pagis has been sold and Zendan has been purchased but the club does need another midfield player. Cisse has still not been signed and the club needs strikers. Niang will be going to africa for the africa nations and OM is very light upfront.

I do not understand what Papa Diouf is doing. Pagis has been sold and Zendan has been purchased but the club does need another midfield player. Cisse has still not been signed and the club needs strikers. Niang will be going to africa for the africa nations and OM is very light upfront.

Don't worry, he knows what he is doing ;).
Pagis leaving is sad. I don't understand the guy.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07 - 24 July Lyon vs Sochaux

Nasri in at the hospital. He just got injured against Bordeaux. Seems to be a broken fibula.

what do you guys think about guy roux recruiting le crom and runje while having itandge already ?
what astonish me is le crom accepting the deal , he desearves to be in a club where he'd be number one :(
any way it means itandje will go just like jemaa did , wasn't marseille looking for a gk ?

Yep but a good one :).
Itandje is Carrasso 2.0, we don't need the same model. If he wants to progress, I think Itandje has to change country.

Yep but a good one :).
Itandje is Carrasso 2.0, we don't need the same model. If he wants to progress, I think Itandje has to change country.
I think itangde is better than carasso and he would be a good signing for marseille . unless you plan to get buffon or cech :lol:

Hey guys, so we're nearly half way through the transfer window, and I must say I'm fearing the worst for Lille in 07/08, 12 players have left the club, Chalme, Tavlaridis, Bodmer & Keita being first teamers.

And so far they have been replaced with Franck Beria of Metz and 2 unknowns in Luis Yanes and Marko Maric, It's not exactly the replacements LOSC fans were expecting, It is just aswell Lille finished outside the European places, cause the squad we have just now is far too thin to compete in multiple competitions.

A couple of youngsters have came back from loan, Larsen Toure looking like the one to get the most chances, and also we still have the talents of Mirallas, Rami, Cabaye and Debuchy, who will get so much more playing time this year.

LOSC were unlucky in not signing Gignac from Lorient, the deal was like 90% done, then he decided to go back on his deal and move to Toulouse.

The defence is looking really thin, back 4 of probably Beria, Plestan, Franquart, Tafforeau, which leaves on the bench Emerson, Lichtsteiner, Rami and thats not good if we get any injuries, it doesn't bode well.

The midfield is still strong I think, Makoun, Cabaye, Debuchy, Bastos and Obraniak is still a good 5 or 4.

The other problem is the forwards, I can't see where the goals will come from, Odemwingie had a awful season, his best game coming in the 2nd game against Lens, I wonder how different it would have been if his goal against Man U would have counted (oh well!) Mirallas and Fauvergue will have to step up, and Youla and Toure will get some chances too.

I hope in the next 4 weeks Puel can bring in another 4 maybe 5 players, but I'm not hopeful, It seems it's time to start over and build a new squad, and the fact that Odemwingie still might leave to Russia means the team thats played in the CL for 2 years will be unrecognisable.

What do you guys think, is there any more rumours in France about possible signings, wanna know everyones thoughts.

It is just aswell Lille finished outside the European places, cause the squad we have just now is far too thin to compete in multiple competitions.
if you weren't outside the european places you would have been able to keep players and attract good ones .
for good and famous players to go in clubs that don't play the european cups the salary have to be very high wich can't be possible in most french clubs because of the taxes there .
but it's not over yet , there is still one month and half to go even if the preseason has already started .
ps : don't forget you won't have makoun , odemwingie and sylva during the african cup next season .

if you weren't outside the european places you would have been able to keep players and attract good ones .
for good and famous players to go in clubs that don't play the european cups the salary have to be very high wich can't be possible in most french clubs because of the taxes there .
but it's not over yet , there is still one month and half to go even if the preseason has already started .
ps : don't forget you won't have makoun , odemwingie and sylva during the african cup next season .

I think no matter where Lille had finished Keita and Bodmer would have gone.

Damn I forgot about the African nations, Puel really needs to pull some signings out or it's gonna be a long hard season

I can see why you're worried Gib.

Things aren't looking rosy at all for LOSC.

It seems Puel and everyone else screwed things up quite a lot by their abysmal finish of last season and failure to get into Europe.

No doubt, Keita and Bodmer for example as you said rightly, would've left when Lyon came looking anyway, but some other players could be tempted to stay and Lille would've been able to attract and sign better players than the unknowns and the fairly unproven Beria they've signed thus far. So you may say, it was a blessing that they are not in Europe as the squad is too thin right now and that's correct but Pog is right when he also says that but IF they had qualified for Europe, the squad wouldn't be as thin nor as weak right now.

In anycase, what makes things even worst is that Odemwingie could still go and maybe Makoun as well. I know there is no talks of Makoun leaving at the moment but with almost a month and a half of transfer window still left, and his ability as a player and somewhat good 'reputation' as well (he's not an unknown to even clubs outside France is what I'm saying), I'd say, it's not a SAFE thing to say that he's for sure gonna be with Lille next year.

I think if that happens, that could be one of the best signings of summer for Lille, itself. Hanging on to Makoun. But I personally am not so sure, he will be there. With much time still left for clubs abroad and in France to recruit and him having many admirers around the continent, I think, he could still become pursued by some clubs and eventually sold for a good offer. That of course would then be a total disaster for Lille though as they are not likely to be able to fill the gap properly even if they have the money because they can't attract player of that quality at the moment.

Emerse Fae nonetheless could be a good addition if Makoun does leave and I'm curious to see when this guy will move from the relegated Nantes. I doubt Fae will stay with them in Ligue 2, so it'll be interesting to see, which club comes and gets him and Signorino as well as both have too much quality to play in 2nd division.

what do you guys think about guy roux recruiting le crom and runje while having itandge already ?
what astonish me is le crom accepting the deal , he desearves to be in a club where he'd be number one :(
any way it means itandje will go just like jemaa did , wasn't marseille looking for a gk ?

I gotta say, the GK recruitments of the legendary, Guy Roux, has shocked me as well. :eek:

First he buys former Croatian GK of OM (Vedran Runje) but the club DENY that Itandje is not wanted when he reacts angrily to the news of Runje's arrival and his first team place under threat and then only a little while later, they bring in another good GK in Le Crom. :lol:

I wonder, if they'll still deny, Itandje is not really counted upon anymore! :mrgreen: :lol:

So of course, Charles will leave soon. I don't like him as a GK though and agree with Tuta.

Although Itandje is probably a bit better, he too, is prone to making mistakes and not giving you that re-assuring, safe feeling that many goalkeepers can create for you despite not being anywhere near the ability of Buffon or Cech.

And for a team playing CL football next year, OM need a solid GK that gives the defence (which has some young players in it) confidence, not make them worry.

So I hope OM bring in a new GK as I don't think Carasso is good enough but I don't want Itandje to be that goalie.

He will be leaving soon though. That's for sure. There's no way, he'll stay now I think.

In anycase, what makes things even worst is that Odemwingie could still go and maybe Makoun as well. I know there is no talks of Makoun leaving at the moment but with almost a month and a half of transfer window still left, and his ability as a player and somewhat good 'reputation' as well (he's not an unknown to even clubs outside France is what I'm saying), I'd say, it's not a SAFE thing to say that he's for sure gonna be with Lille next year.

I really don't think Makoun will leave, I think the board will keep him no matter what they are offered, It's different from Odemwingie, Peter hasn't had a good season, so if they recieve a good bid as it seems they have, they will let him go, and since they could have made up to €30m on transfers there would be no immediate reason to sell Makoun and he seems to be happy enough for another season at the Metropole or he wouldn't have signed a new deal.

Emerse Fae nonetheless could be a good addition if Makoun does leave and I'm curious to see when this guy will move from the relegated Nantes. I doubt Fae will stay with them in Ligue 2, so it'll be interesting to see, which club comes and gets him and Signorino as well as both have too much quality to play in 2nd division.

Fae would be a great signing even if Makoun stays, and I would love if we got him, Emerse was heavily linked with Reading last week I think they even had talks with him, not seen any link with Lille though, I read a story that LOSC have been linked with Belgian striker Jeanvion Yulu-Matondo from FC Brugges, nerver seen him play, but with the lack of fire power in the squad he couldn't be that bad a signing.

What really annoyed me yesterday I read an Interview with Michael Seydoux the Chairman and he said QUOTE: " I think the best we can do in the table next season with our current squad is lower mid-table"

What a great positive attitude to have, maybe if he got his finger out and signed some players Europe would be a possibility.

Then he advised people to be cautious of transfer rumors, does that mean they're will be no more signings for LOSC, he also said the only reason Losc can't sign players is because there is no stadium, well i think that is rubbish, I didn't stop signings before why should it stop them now.

I have no faith in Seydoux anymore after reading the Interview, and really do fear the worst this season, but Allez Les Lillois :)

As an outsider, i have always loved Lille and it's sad that they have lost that many good players. The abovementioned interview could well be a reason why a player like Makoun could decide to leave.
About Jeanvion Yulu-Matondo. He's promising in the Belgian Jupiler League, but the fact that he never was a regular starter in the worst Brugge team of the last 15 years makes me wonder if he's good enough for Ligue 1.

I wonder if Metz will not be a club in trouble next season. They just played a match against my favourite team Brussels (lower mid-table at best in Belgium) and to my astonishment Brussels won 4-0...i know Brussels far too good to think that this was because my favourite team is suddenly very strong. Metz must really be weak (unless they played their B-side).

Concerning the GK problems of L'OM. There are plenty of good GK's in Belgium. First of all there is Silvio Proto who was injured for the best part of last season ans who to me still is our most talented GK (although Zitka seems to be Anderlecht's first keeper next season). Then there is a very good French GK who is playing for Charleroi but was loaned to a Spanish team: Bertrand Lacquait. Two seasons ago he was by far the best goal keeper in the Jupiler League.

hey have you guys ever seen a french reality tv show called football academy, about nantes! its the best fucking reality tv i have ever seen. It followd the academy players including the former player payet, its so good. Better then that MTV shit im used too!

Tuta, What you think of the forward line for OM this season. Am I right in saying that at the club we have Cisse, Niang, Fiorese and Begeorgi at the moment? I think it is a bit light especially with Niang going off to Africa early 2008.

Do you think anyone else will be signed?

hey have you guys ever seen a french reality tv show called football academy, about nantes! its the best fucking reality tv i have ever seen. It followd the academy players including the former player payet, its so good. Better then that MTV shit im used too!
it's a moroccan concept , they finnally made it in france as well ? :shock:
in morocco as there isn't many centers to form players there a lot of talent who have only performed in the streets so they have created few years ago a tv show called "the golden foot" and with the help of former star players such as Bassir and Timoumi they go around Morocco and test players to keep the best from every region to take them in a big training camp where they live together and train together letting the spectators judge their talent and in the end (it takes almost a year) they make two teams who play in Casablanca stadium (the best stadium in Morocco) and are broad casted live . the winners will have a stage in french clubs (especially le havre who are kindly helping) and the best one will have a long stage in a good club such as Olympic Lyon (first season of the tv show) and then they can offer service to moroccan clubs .
I've watched only the first seasons of this show as I could watch moroccan channels in france and I mainly remember very talented and poor kids who were very exited to get in a plane for the first time in their lives . I also enjoyed when Drogba spent a day with the kids in the training camp and played football with them , they were soooo happy .
I was thinking that a tv show like that was really a good idea and hopping to see the same in other countries .

Last edited:

it's a moroccan concept , they finnally made it in france as well ? :shock:
in morocco as there isn't many centers to form players there a lot of talent who have only performed in the streets so they have created few years ago a tv show called "the golden foot" and with the help of former star players such as Bassir and Timoumi they go around Morocco and test players to keep the best from every region to take them in a big training camp where they live together and train together letting the spectators judge their talent and in the end (it takes almost a year) they make two teams who play in Casablanca stadium (the best stadium in Morocco) and are broad casted live . the winners will have a stage in french clubs (especially le havre who are kindly helping) and the best one will have a long stage in a good club such as Olympic Lyon (first season of the tv show) and then they can offer service to moroccan clubs .
I've watched only the first seasons of this show as I could watch moroccan channels in france and I mainly remember very talented and poor kids who were very exited to get in a plane for the first time in their lives . I also enjoyed when Drogba spent a day with the kids in the training camp and played football with them , they were soooo happy .
I was thinking that a tv show like that was really a good idea and hopping to see the same in other countries .

well mate, that sounds a bit different.. It sounds like they created the training camp for the tv show.. The show about nantes is the opposite, the created the tv show to observe the nantes academy which has been around for years.. your show sounds more like american idol, then a reality tv show.. I mean sure its real people but they create the environment around the people that did not exist before. however, your show sounds fasicinating! I woul rather wathc that then american idol any day :)

Back
Top Bottom