Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07 - 24 July Lyon vs Sochaux in Beijing

:eek: :eek:

The legend is back!!! :D

Furlan is going to Le Mans, you said, tuta?

Payet to St. Etienne, gib? That might become a very good buy! Let's just hope the kid can handle the pressure though. Those Les Verts fans can be sometimes quite brutal!

-----------------------------------------------

EDIT:

As for Ribery leaving OM, well I'm not happy but far from sad as well.

The truth is, OM needs to strengthen their squad heavily with quality players in a number of positions (Whether Ribery stays or leaves). Guys like Carasso and Civelli weren't made for CL football and sadly OM aren't exactly equipped with 'quality' in many other positions either. Only a few...

Their squad as of right now is weaker than Lille of this year that participated in CL in my opinion even with Ribery.

So as much as I'd love for Ribery to stay in Ligue 1 and see him here, OM needs to strengthen with some quality players (some of which will cost a good amount of $$$) and if they weren't to sell Ribery, they wouldn't necessarily have the transfer kitty required to strengthen the squad properly.

Therefore, this is one of the situations where his sale can actually lead to the team becoming stronger by end of summer, IF Mr. Diouf and the rest of the OM directors/officials (backroom) use the $$$ properly.

Lyon sells a big player like Ribery every summer and their team ends up getting stronger than it was the previous because they use that to invest in 3 quality players and have only lost one. If OM can do the same (and I hope they do), then this transfer may be a blessing in disguise for OM fans and the rest of Ligue 1 fans in general who want to see the league become more competitive at the top and OM (being one of the France representatives next year in CL) becoming stronger.

Last edited:

To the French guys: Is there any rumours about who's going to join/leave Nice this summer?

To the French guys: Is there any rumours about who's going to join/leave Nice this summer?

st Etienne made a bid for koné but was refused by Antonneti
and i think Moussilou comes back from his loan with St Etienne

:eek: :eek:

The legend is back!!! :D

Furlan is going to Le Mans, you said, tuta?

Payet to St. Etienne, gib? That might become a very good buy! Let's just hope the kid can handle the pressure though. Those Les Verts fans can be sometimes quite brutal!

-----------------------------------------------

EDIT:

As for Ribery leaving OM, well I'm not happy but far from sad as well.

The truth is, OM needs to strengthen their squad heavily with quality players in a number of positions (Whether Ribery stays or leaves). Guys like Carasso and Civelli weren't made for CL football and sadly OM aren't exactly equipped with 'quality' in many other positions either. Only a few...

Their squad as of right now is weaker than Lille of this year that participated in CL in my opinion even with Ribery.

So as much as I'd love for Ribery to stay in Ligue 1 and see him here, OM needs to strengthen with some quality players (some of which will cost a good amount of $$$) and if they weren't to sell Ribery, they wouldn't necessarily have the transfer kitty required to strengthen the squad properly.

Therefore, this is one of the situations where his sale can actually lead to the team becoming stronger by end of summer, IF Mr. Diouf and the rest of the OM directors/officials (backroom) use the $$$ properly.

Lyon sells a big player like Ribery every summer and their team ends up getting stronger than it was the previous because they use that to invest in 3 quality players and have only lost one. If OM can do the same (and I hope they do), then this transfer may be a blessing in disguise for OM fans and the rest of Ligue 1 fans in general who want to see the league become more competitive at the top and OM (being one of the France representatives next year in CL) becoming stronger.

yep excellent post, also i think nasri and ribery play very similar positions, so its not as bad as it seems. Now if they go and sell nasri :(

strasbourg are keen on abardonado .
Laurent Blanc new Bordeaux coach
so he finally found a club that will give him a high level oportunity based on his player reputation only :roll:

@gomito: Nasri said he'll stay at Marseille at least another season. I just love how straight Nasri thinks. I mean a lot of young hot talents wouldn't refuse big offers and then warm the bench which would stop their development. This one year more at Marseille will benefit him greatly. He'll become even more important for the club if Ribery leaves and plus he'll get a lot of experiences from playing in the CL.

Speaking of Nasri, he scored the only goal yesterday for France's 1-0 victory over Georgia. His first goal in his third cap for France. This will be one of many in his career surely.

WOOPS!

Sorry total, i'm talking about the 2007/2008 home kit?

Is that available (or even shown to the public)?

No.

Ribery left to Munich and I'm sure he'll do the same in 2 years for a bigger club. Great player, I thanks him for 2 good seasons but what a big mouth. I hope to play against him in Uefa and teach him some respect once for all.

No.

Ribery left to Munich and I'm sure he'll do the same in 2 years for a bigger club. Great player, I thanks him for 2 good seasons but what a big mouth. I hope to play against him in Uefa and teach him some respect once for all.
and what would you feel if he score a hattrick and give 2 assists for a 5 - 0 victory ? :mrgreen:

Impossible, he is never good under pressure :D.

Impossible, he is never good under pressure :D.

someone remembers the French Cup Final.. :)

Barcelona bidding £6m for Abidal is a disgusting offer..

Last edited:

I think it's very correct for a defender that didn't prove anything.
Aulas wants 20M and it's not going to happen.

Bojan Jokic (Hit Gorica) --> FC Sochaux (no. 14)
http://www.fcsochaux.fr/v2/fr/actualite.php?p=news&id=934

jokic1.jpg

So another Slovenian talent joins Sochaux. Jokic is already quite a solid left back and can play at the center of the park, too. He's the first choice left back for our national side at the young age of 20. He played with Birsa before at HiT Gorica and the fact that there's a Slovenian guy already in Sochaux should help him get used to the playing style, the language etc. quicker. I hope he develops well in France. :)

Last edited:

Nice. Birsa really impressed last season. We'll see about Jokic. :)

Glad to hear about another Slovenian talent joining Sochaux, total. :8):

With Birsa there as well, it should make the transition of life and football in France easier.

yep excellent post, also i think nasri and ribery play very similar positions, so its not as bad as it seems. Now if they go and sell nasri :(

Hey Chris, good to see you around buddy. I see you changed your name. :p

I can't agree with that and I think I've mentioned it before as well. Nasri and Ribery aren't similar. Very different attack minded midfielders. Nasri was given the license to be more creative and have a more free role and generally be in a more attacking position during this last season and the latter parts of it, but overall, he's very much similar to someone like Fabregas and I can't say, I see many similarities between Fabregas and Ribery.

Ribery can play in a lot of positions but no doubt, he's best on the sides as a winger/Wing-forward where he can use that blistering pace. Where as Nasri and Fabregas and Iniesta are a lot less about speed and more about technique, vision, creativity and passing, etc.

But anyway, let's hope OM DOES strengthen the squad properly this summer for the sake of France in CL (since they're representing them) and I have a feeling, if they don't invest in quality players, they will give up some embarassing results in next year.

Lloris sounds good to me. Sure, he's not experienced at CL-stage but he's one of the best if not the best young French GK and he'll need to play in big matches like Europe to develop more. I wouldn't mind seeing him stay at "OGC Nice" for a couple more seasons but wouldn't mind seeing him become OM's #1 either. IF They do make him their #1 though, I hope they give him enough chances and don't quickly give up on him and break the poor lad's confidence after a couple mistakes which is BOUND to happen to ANY gk (no matter how great) and should be even more expected when he's so young.

Plus Carasso and even Barthez (An Int'l quality GK and one of France's hero) made mistakes on a consistent basis and were still given PLENTY of chances, so I'm sure, OM fans and OM will also be patient ;) with Lloris if he doesn't get on the right foot straight away if he was to move there.

so he finally found a club that will give him a high level oportunity based on his player reputation only :roll:

Whether you're a former player or not, somebody (some club) has to give you a chance at a high level at some point, before you can start proving your ability and shining, right, pog? ;)

We all need to get our big break from somebody. :)

@gomito: Nasri said he'll stay at Marseille at least another season. I just love how straight Nasri thinks. I mean a lot of young hot talents wouldn't refuse big offers and then warm the bench which would stop their development. This one year more at Marseille will benefit him greatly. He'll become even more important for the club if Ribery leaves and plus he'll get a lot of experiences from playing in the CL.

Speaking of Nasri, he scored the only goal yesterday for France's 1-0 victory over Georgia. His first goal in his third cap for France. This will be one of many in his career surely.

Yes, what a mature smart human being, Samir is.

We all knew, he was very smart and intellectual on the field since he made his debut as a 16-year old a few years ago, but this summer, he's proven just how sharp he is off of it as well. He has continuously mentioned what we said ourselves about his development a couple months back (on my thread I think it was) that OM and Ligue 1 IS the best place for him to keep developing as a player for the next couple years at least and he seems to be in complete agreement.

He even went as far to say that Real Madrid, Arsenal, Inter Milan and whoever else is interested in taking him away from Stade Velodromme this summer, better think twice about it as he will REJECT those moves unless the club basically forces him out. And that he wants to remain here for at least one more year.

Now of course, there's still a possibility that if a great offer comes in for him (Which is possible since he's one of the world's very best youngsters), OM will have to accept but I think Samir himself will only want to go ahead with that if he was loaned back to OM for this season, which is probably why, I've heard, Real Madrid are keen to offer OM an incredible deal soon taking Nasri away but immediately loaning him back to OM, so the player is happy and doesn't oppose the move and they get one of the most talented young players in the world as well.

I think it's very correct for a defender that didn't prove anything.
Aulas wants 20M and it's not going to happen.

Abidal is good but nothing special.

Saying he hasn't proven anything though is harsh. Since joining OL alone, when he hasn't been injured, he's shown to be one of the more solid LB's in Europe and of course is France's #1 as well ahead of the likes of Evra and at the moment, the best Ligue 1 left back as well.

So he's proven somethings but he's also proven to me that while he's good, he's nothing special and quite replacable and I doubt, Aulas could get anywhere near 20M for him because unlike the other players, Lyon sold for big money, he doesn't have the same absolute world-class quality. He's a very good player but not in the same league as the likes of Essien, Mahamadou Diarra or Malouda who are the world's very best.

6M is under-rated for one of Europe's most solid left-backs but 20M is far too over-rated as well.

I'm guessing, he will be sold this summer and the price will be around somewhere between 8M-12M which seems like his real value to me as well.

Last edited:

Whether you're a former player or not, somebody (some club) has to give you a chance at a high level at some point, before you can start proving your ability and shining, right, pog? ;)
whether you're a former player or not you have to start from the botthom . this guy didn't want to mix with commoners that's what I don't like . he tried with marseille and french national team before .
Jean Pierre Papin , a legend who doesn't need beeing introduced , started with a DH team (6th division) which he leads to the CFA 2 before starting with Strasbourg in 2nd division which he took to ligue 1 now he can coach a ligue 1 team .
Blanc wants it ready and he's having a great opportunity just like a spoiled child who should thank papa's connections . he was even granted a very experienced assistant who'll make the job and the teaching I think .
but yes it's a good mediatic think for Bordeaux , I'm just sad thinking about all the good coachs who won't have the respect no matter the results . It's getting very bad for coachs in france , look at laurent banide who made a good job with monaco and considering the situation I don't think many people betted on him . now he was fired and criticized because of "too defensive football" and look at who they choose to replace him :roll:

Yes, I see your point and I also felt very sorry for "Banide".

If he had a good reputation and was a more 'famous' guy, you can be sure, he'd still be in charge of Monaco. Because we've all seen managers take over from a 'sacked' manager halfway through the season and do a lot worst and still keep the job for next season.

Yet in some ways, what he did was actually quite incredible with Monaco from what I saw and heard and yet he still got sacked.

We don't know if there is any real truth to that story though. Could be just one of the million things the media in different countries has to produce to have people going to its website and selling its newspaper, etc.

If this was real, I would trade though. Because even though Alou is 25 and could become one of the world's very best DMF's (he's already at a close level to that anyway) if he gets regular playing and develops more and Klose is 29 and in my opinion, his best is already behind him, he's still a world-class striker and Lyon needs one of those right now. Not 2 amazing DMF's in Toulalan and Alou which means one of these great players won't get enough playing time and be unhappy while their goals will have to be relied on Baros (who simply isn't good enough to be relied on as he's inconsistent), wonderkid Benzema who is still too young to have TOO much pressure on and Fred who I still think has all the right tools to become one of the world's most clinical strikers but hasn't shown off his talent but only glimpses of it so far in his European & French career.

So Lyon aren't desparate for a great striker but they could really USE one in form of someone like Klose.

And since Alou is unhappy about lack of playing time from last season and this new season could be sadly more of the same for him (After all as great as he is, he's a backup player for OL), this trade could work out in favour of BOTH clubs, Werder and Lyon if it were to happen.

But like I said, we don't even really know if it's true. Maybe this is just BS made up by newspapers or maybe they really did reject... (I can't read French and understand much anyway)

I have heard Lille get at least 30% of any fee Lyon receive for Abidal. Is that true?

I don't know if they will but it's certainly possible that when they sold him to Lyon a few years back, they installed one of those "% of Future transfer Fee Clauses" which are fairly common in football nowadays, anyway.

Especially when clubs sell youngsters to teams whom they think will probably make even more money in future by moving clubs again. Abidal wasn't a youngster when he joined Lyon but it's still possible that LOSC board and management thought that one day he could move from Lyon as well with a good amount of money so they inserted a 30% Future Transfer Fee Clause.

Ideally though, this is most often used for talented youngsters. For example, if Nantes were to sell Dmitri Payet (which I hope they don't this summer), they'd probably try to negotiate not just for a transfer fee now but also 10-40% of his next transfer.

well Obafemei Gomis says he wants to go now ,let's hope PSG will make a bid for him:D i take him every day!!!

lol what a little bastard. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom