Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07 - 24 July Lyon vs Sochaux in Beijing

Thanks for the info on Lens everybody...much appreciated...

@Gerd, don't forget one thing.

The Brazilian Ex-Cruzeiro, Jussie who is one of the best AMF's in the league (although somewhat inconsistent but talented and the league doesn't have many great AMF's to be honest since a lot of teams don't even play with an AMF) is owned by Lens but was on loan to Bordeaux for 2nd half of season and is keen to leave the club it seems and join Bordeaux or another team.

@tuta or anyone else, I want to see VIDEO of Ribery driving that! :mrgreen: :lol:

Anybody got?

why are the press here in england talking about Malouda leaving Lyon for £10m. honestly they really don't have a clue how Lyon works or french football for that matter.
LOL.

Yes, they obviously don't know Aulas (New president of G14 by the way nowadays ;) ) good enough by now. :lol:

Even when he does sell one key player each summer, he will get at least 1.5 times their REAL market value and Malouda is easily worth around $15-$22M himself.

Furthermore, some of the clubs I see him linked with are obviously BS. Because he, himself, said that, if he does leave, it'll be to a club that he won't be able to refuse and has a BIGGER chance of winning stuff than Lyon. Not to go somewhere to fight for 3rd and 4th place. :rolleyes:

Because he said, he just wants to win the biggest prizes and there isn't too many clubs bigger or more capable of doing that than Lyon at the moment which is why he said he's not even sure, he'll leave but will give it serious consideration if a TRULY bigger club comes in which some of the clubs I see him linked with aren't.

No-one heard about the apparant transfer of Kader Keita from Lille to Lyon? Apparantly it's in l'equipe today, and he will cost a staggering 22 Million Euro's! (about 15m pounds)

LOL

Lyon getting stupid now. :lol:
Paying over the odds for a good player in Keita and hiring Alain Perrin. :nono:

If that really is the price agreed, I'd be selling too if I were LOSC.

I just read that Lille managed to keep Jean Makoun and Gregory Tafforeau. That's good news for Gib and all other Lille fans and of course it's good for the league.

That's good news indeed and if they manage to keep Puel, then that's the best news of course.

Is this a sure thing though? That means Makoun will NOT leave this summer, for sure? That's a bit hard to guarantee though, isn't it? Especially if a good offer comes and so much of the summer left?

As for captain Gregory, so I assume, they upped his wages? :p

Last edited:

Hahah thanks guys.
I would have LOVED to do that myself! :D

F'n Ribery R0cks!!! :applause:

p.s. I see some nice cheerleaders on the sides. :p

------------------------------------------------

By the way guys, let us know about transfer speculations/news from the relegated teams like Nantes.

Surely guys like Emerse Fae, Mauro Cetto, Pieroni and Signorino at least will leave the club, nah?

They are too good to be playing in Ligue 2.

Hmm the Keita move has came as a bit of a surprise to me, when my friend from Lille comes back on MSN I'll be asking him if he knows anything

Kawkab Marakech 1 - 0 Olympic Marseille :lol:
ps : I know it doesn't mean anything but still :mrgreen:

Bad Bad news for Lille fans.

It seems the rumours are true, my souce in Lille tells me, that he will most likely be going to Lyon.

I'm gutted, best player of the season, and he'll be gone.

There was a press conference yesterday though and Puel stays for 3 more years and Seydoux has said that they will spend money in the summer.

So we'll wait and see, they need 2 forwards now when Keita goes, Tchite from Anderlecht is high on the list

if that's the price they're selling him for then it's a good thing . as far as it concerns tchite I don't think anderlecht would let him go easyly .

Hahah thanks guys.
I would have LOVED to do that myself! :D

F'n Ribery R0cks!!! :applause:

p.s. I see some nice cheerleaders on the sides. :p

------------------------------------------------

By the way guys, let us know about transfer speculations/news from the relegated teams like Nantes.

Surely guys like Emerse Fae, Mauro Cetto, Pieroni and Signorino at least will leave the club, nah?

They are too good to be playing in Ligue 2.

The first to leave is Savineau for Guimgamp and Signorino is strongly linked with Lens to solve their current problem with the Left back

Thanks for info.

Damn.. Savinaud and Da Rocha I thought would be two of the Nantes veterans that'd stay and try to help the team at least.

Signorino to Lens sounds like a good deal. Lens desparately need to replace Benoit Assou-Ekotto from last year. That Marco Ramos guy is the crappiest '1st-team' player of a Ligue 1 team I saw this year. VERY avg. Seemed like a 2nd div player to me rather than a guy who should be starting left back for a team with European ambitions like Lens.

-------------------------------

@gib, I'm with Pog.

Kader Keita is a good player and yeh I know you told me, even when LOSC's season was going crap at the end, he was one of the only players playing well. But if the price quoted is true, I don't blame Mr. Seydoux for selling. I'd sell at that price too and I think Lyon are over-paying.

But then again, what goes around comes around. Lyon haven't sold a good player without making the buyer pay over the odds for quite a while. Now they get a taste of their own medicine. :p

As for Puel, I honestly can't say I see him being in charge of Lille 3 years from now but we'll see how it goes...

if that's the price they're selling him for then it's a good thing . as far as it concerns tchite I don't think anderlecht would let him go easyly .

No I totally agree if thats what Lyon are offering then Sell Sell Sell, Lille are still a selling club, just a shame to see one of the best players going.

As with Sina I'm still not convinced Makoun will stay it'll be a long summer, if a big club comes in for him, Seydoux might sell again.

As for Tchite, i've never seen him play so don't know how good he is, but I can imagine it would be tough to get him, no European football, can't see LOSC paying him much more than he gets now, but you never know.

About Tchité: Anderlecht will not let him go..on top of that with Anderlecht Tchité is virtually certain of CL football every year...with Lille that is not certain (although a good Lille is a better team than Anderlecht).
On top of that, Tchité was fantastic in the Jupiler League but he did not convince me in the CL...to me the jury's still out on him (although i like him).

whats going on with Frédéric Piquionne guys? is he going back to st etienne? Why did Lyon not pay the £££ for him?

Official now: Alain Perrin (Sochaux) ---> Olympique Lyonnais

whats going on with Frédéric Piquionne guys? is he going back to st etienne? Why did Lyon not pay the £££ for him?
no way he'll go back to saint etienne after what he said . I think he'll stay in monaco .
Is there any confirmation about Francis Gillot resigning from Lens ?

no piquionne stays at Monaco,there was an agreement with st etienne,it was if monaco don't go down Piquionne will stay

@pogoss about Lens gervais martel is dreaming to land d deschamps but according to the media Luis fernandez is the favourite to get the job :) i'd like to see him back in the league

I just saw Aulas contacted Deschamps, Puel, Courbis and Roux for the job :). I think they all refused and Aulas finally chose Perrin, a coach he didn't want 5 years ago.

I just saw Aulas contacted Deschamps, Puel, Courbis and Roux for the job :). I think they all refused and Aulas finally chose Perrin, a coach he didn't want 5 years ago.

I don't believe he'd contact courbis . he still have legal problems and I don't think a club such as lyon would take him for now .

I just read that Harry Redknapp is interested in buying Alou Diarra! :lol: I know that Diarra fell out with Houllier, but there's a new manager to come and anyway, I'm sure there's bigger clubs interested in him than Portsmouth!

I like the fact that Harry Redknapp watches french football. :) but yeah Diarra can go to Italy if he wants.

there are some crazy reports over here that Malouda is having a medical at liverpool very soon. not sure where these reports are coming from..

Maybe the rumours are true. Just the $10M quoted is bull$hit.

Maybe Rafa and L'pool have finally decided to splash the cash and bring a real quality player rather than 'avg/decent' ones like Arbeloa and Voronin (Although he's on a free, so I don't blame them) which won't help them finish any higher than they've been.

@Bash-It, Yeah Alou had gotten on Houllier's nerves quite badly in the past few months. But with Houllier gone, he could stay. Then again, he could leave as well (I can see that happening), as the guy really wants to play badly and even with a new manager, you'd think that'd be very hard to do when the man standing in front of you is Jeremy Toulalan and unless he gets injured or suspended, you probably won't get half as many minutes as Alou wants.

So I think, he already knows, coming to Lyon was probably a mistake for him (Since he's ambitious and wants to play and isn't happy being a backup player) and could leave despite Gerard Houllier also being gone.

What do you mean, you saw? :-s Sorry I don't understand what you mean.

And I don't believe Puel or Deschamps would actually reject the job. But Claude, probably couldn't get out of his Lille contract and the compensation Lyon would have to pay would perhaps be too much not to mention, ruin their relationship which is rather good from what I understand with Lille and Mr. Seydoux.

And Didier maybe didn't want to work with Lyon's existing staff and bring his own like Thomas said.. which is why he wouldn't agree to the job. But he would be interested. He said it himself only a couple days ago, that he would be interested.

Last edited:

So Hantz has left Le Mans to take over as Sochaux' new coach and fill the vacancy left by Alain Perrin who now has a 2-year contract with OL.

Les Verts have also sacked Czech manager, Ivan Hasek and I believe appointed his assistant who had really admitted he wants the job and had some differences with Hasek? :-s
I'd like more info on that and what exactly happened.

And who will take over the Le Mans job?

Furlan probably. Denis Troch replaces him and since he is free, I guess he is going to have a job between Bordeaux (Ricardo>>>Monaco ?), Lens and Le Mans.

Last edited:

if he gives up CL for Bayern i not gonna be happy.. reports saying he will be on gross salary of 7,5 mio € (625,000 € per month)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04062007/58/bundesliga-ribery-set-join-bayern.html

The French international will leave Marseille for a fee of around £16 million (25 million euros), with the German club beating Real Madrid, Arsenal and Lyon in the race for his signature.

"We are not far from a total agreement. The financial agreement has been reached with Marseille, not much is missing," said Bayern president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

Ribery had said that his future at Marseille would depend on the club reaching the Champions League. The south coast side achieved the goal, while Bayern missed out, finishing fourth in a disastrous campaign by their standards.

Nevertheless, a transfer seems certain and the winger told Eurosport that he would wait until after Wednesday's Euro 2008 qualifier against Lithuania before making a decision.

However, he said the absence of Champions League football "is not a problem. Bayern are a big club, so too Real Madrid."

Ribery is one of the hottest properties in European football and certainly the French Ligue 1's leading asset.

He came to global prominence at last summer's World Cup, where he was one of Les Bleus' top performers as they defied pre-tournament predictions to reach the final.

- - -

Alex Chick

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...d=9&title=Bayern+close+in+on+Ribery&channel=&

Bayern Munich president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says he is confident of signing France international Franck Ribery.

The Germany legend insists the Bavarian giants are close to reaching an agreement for the 24-year-old Marseille star.

Rummenigge claims Bayern have agreed a fee for Ribery, who last week rubbished rumours he was on the verge of joining Real Madrid.

"We are not far from total agreement," Rummenigge told the German press.

"We have come to a financial agreement with Marseille."

Bayern would use a slice of the €25million they earned from Manchester United for the transfer of Owen Hargreaves to fund any deal for Ribery.

However, Marseille supremo Pape Diouf remained tight-lipped over whether or not a deal had been done with the Bundesliga side.

Diouf did admit that a mystery English had expressed an interest in the talented playmaker.

"People talked about Real Madrid interest but that club didn't talk to l'OM," said Diouf.

"An English club contacted us but they have asked for their identity to remain undisclosed."

Last week Ribery's agent dismissed talk that a deal between Marseille and Madrid had been reached.

There has even been talk the winger may opt to stay at the Stade Velodrome following I'OM's qualification for the UEFA Champions League.

Ribery was remaining coy on his future saying he was concentrating on France's Euro 2008 qualifiers.

"People are talking about me moving to Bayern Munich or Real Madrid but for the moment I just play for France," Ribery told Telefoot.

"We will see after France's matches. There is no deadline for my transfer."

http://www.om.net/fr/Saison/101002/...RE_OM_BAYERN_MUNICH_A_PROPOS_DE_FRANCK_RIBERY

Last edited:

If he leaves and I believe it's 100% true, he is an a**h*le just for going to a team which isn't going to play in the CL.

But with 25M € we can build a nice team, with Cissé, Cheyrou and Giuly.... :)

yeah i think its true Tuta. right kick in the face for all OM fans. I never heard about the Cheyrou rumors. Guily and Cisse will be real nice.

Seems like the transfer is official. As a fan of the league I'm not happy with this move, but at the same time I'm eager to see what players Marseille can buy with the € 25 million.

The transfer is still not done guys

Both Chairmen are in talks, nothing has been agreed as from this afternoon, but it doesn't seem far away.

Another transfer that is in the process is Dmitri Payet of Nantes to St-Etienne

Back
Top Bottom