Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07 - Malouda Best Player

Thanx for the replies PLF and Gib :)

So it seems the strong team Lille had these last years under Claude Puel will fall apart and they will have to start rebuilding.

He's another manager I'd like to see back on Match Of The Day - he's being linked with the Man City job but that seems a bit of a step down after Lyon. Then again, they are undergoing a takeover, so there could be a nice little budget there for him...

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07 - Metz, Strasbourg & Caen in Ligue 1

Courbis président!
Montpellier stays in Ligue 2. ouf...
Good thing ! I didn't want to see them and brest be relegated and I thinked one of those team will be wich didn't happen :D

GREAT NEWS!!!!! :mrgreen: :lol:

The skysports website is working very dodgy for me though for the past month or so. I don't know why. Is it just me? It loads up only once in every 10 attempts and right now is one of its PMsing times as well. I can't get on it to see the magnificent news. \\:o/ :lol:

Deschamps is also heavily rumoured. Although id go for Puel if i was Aulas ;)

I'd like to see Deschamps stay in Juve as tempting as this job offer is, and help Juve become a force in Serie A again within the next few years.

I'm not sure which I'd go for if I had a choice but I think Puel might be the more realistic one and also the better choice perhaps...

Courbis président!
Montpellier stays in Ligue 2. ouf...
LOL!!

For real?

Hahhaa.. so what, Roland gave up managing forever?? :eek:

Metz, Strasbourg and Caen in Ligue 1
Great news!

I wanted to see Strasbourg and Caen back (Two of the best if not THE best fan suports in Ligue 2) and Metz is a club I liked since the days I started following Ligue 1 many years back anyway.

Remember the magnificent Bobby Pires at Metz? :D

I still hope to see him back in that burgendy jersey one day. ;)

How long till Claude Puel is named the Lyon manager, a week, 2 weeks tops

Hahaha.. and what's even funnier is, now with Houllier gone, people will expect Lyon to bring in a class manager who won't under-achieve in Europe like the club has been doing and go to semi-finals at least.

So you're probably gonna start seeing those bets about OL's success in CL next year appear again (Finals, Semi-finals, Champions, Q-finals?)

Anyway, not sure but what you're saying does sound likely.

Puel seems like a loyal man because he already has had very good offers and approaches from abroad, but he had rejected them thus far, and outlined his desire to stay with the "LOSC Project" and help the club continue moving forward.

But, as loyal as he may be, he's even MORE ambitious in my opinion. In fact, I'd say, he's a VERY ambitious man. And the Lyon job would be too tempting for him to put away I believe especially now after Lille's horrible finish to the season and their lack of European adventure next year.

If OL do approach Puel which I believe they will, it'll be hard to see him not go for it (Though he has a contract and OL will have to pay a compensation which could be quite big as well), so yeah, what you're saying is quite likely.

Anyway if not him, I hope they bring in another great manager so they can finally start playing up to the squad's huge potential. But there aren't too many men better than Puel out there. And those that are, aren't really available either.

So he could probably be not just a great choice but one of the more realistic and available ones.

Surely Mr. Seydoux and the rest of the LOSC backroom have a tough job trying to convince him to stay and hang on to him though. If this does happen, Lille's disappointing finish this year can become a regularity for the club in the coming years :| and maybe even worst like they once were doing before Puel starts this successful era for them.

Last edited:

You're bringing us "Minute-By-Minute" updates, Bash-it!! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Too bad, f'n Skysports website doesn't work for me for some odd reason. :|

It was fine up until a few weeks ago. :confused:

LOL!!

For real?

Hahhaa.. so what, Roland gave up managing forever?? :eek:
in fact it's a french short expression of "we want him be the president" and wich is said when you want to thank someone very much .
for example if you give me your option file I'll say "PLF PRESIDENT !" :lol:
Remember the magnificent Bobby Pires at Metz?
he said he'll go back there once his contract with villareal finishes (next year) .

edit : as far as it concerns Lyon there is aslo Alain Perrin who said few weeks ago that he would want to be Lyon's coach and now he said that Aulas called him yesterday ...

Last edited:

Yeah in L'Equipe he seems to be in competition with 2 others persons (probably Puel and ???).

Puel, Deschamps and Alain Perrin I guess are the 3 main candidates for now.

And I think Aulas won't take long before selecting someone.

I say, it'll be a week MAX before Lyon have a new manager. And maybe within a day or two.

in fact it's a french short expression of "we want him be the president" and wich is said when you want to thank someone very much .
for example if you give me your option file I'll say "PLF PRESIDENT !" :lol:

I'm a little confused.

So do you mean that, in France, people just say that as a way of complimenting and saying "Thank you" to someone? If that is the case, then Courbis really isn't gonna be the president?

I thought, what scratch said means, he will but it is strange of course, so I'm not sure what it means. :p

he said he'll go back there once his contract with villareal finishes (next year) .

That is great news.

I can't wait to see him back in Metz. :8):

edit : as far as it concerns Lyon there is aslo Alain Perrin who said few weeks ago that he would want to be Lyon's coach and now he said that Aulas called him yesterday ...

Oh oh... not sure if that's good news.

I'll be very disappointed if it turns out to be Perrin. I don't think he's the man for the job and Houllier obviously wasn't either. There was too much expectations and pressure for him to handle and he's just not a very ambitious man himself, not to mention, no longer young and hungry either.

It was a great move for Houllier to step down but now to go to the next level, they need someone hungrier, more ambitious and more importantly, more competent than Houllier and I don't think that is Perrin.

Puel and Deschamps would be 2 very good choices however.

Puel, Deschamps and Alain Perrin I guess are the 3 main candidates for now.

And I think Aulas won't take long before selecting someone.

I say, it'll be a week MAX before Lyon have a new manager. And maybe within a day or two.
good guess , aulas said himself it won't take more than a week .
I'm a little confused.

So do you mean that, in France, people just say that as a way of complimenting and saying "Thank you" to someone? If that is the case, then Courbis really isn't gonna be the president?

I thought, what scratch said means, he will but it is strange of course, so I'm not sure what it means. :p
it means "thaaaaaaaaaaanks a lot courbis ! you're greaaaaaat ! Montpellier won't be relegated thanks to you !" courbis was the coach of Montpellier for the past month and Nicolin (the president of Montpellier) decided to keep him for next year . he was linked with ajaccio (wich made a lot of noise before his last game against ajaccio) .
Oh oh... not sure if that's good news.

I'll be very disappointed if it turns out to be Perrin. I don't think he's the man for the job and Houllier obviously wasn't either. There was too much expectations and pressure for him to handle and he's just not a very ambitious man himself, not to mention, no longer young and hungry either.

It was a great move for Houllier to step down but now to go to the next level, they need someone hungrier, more ambitious and more importantly, more competent than Houllier and I don't think that is Perrin.

Puel and Deschamps would be 2 very good choices however.
I agree . Perrin is not a bad coach but it's not sure yet that he can manage star players and compared to Puel and Deschamps he seems smaller .

Anybody got a clue as to why skysports football section isn't working for me properly anymore or how I can fix it? Nobody else has had the same problem in past few weeks? :confused:

it means "thaaaaaaaaaaanks a lot courbis ! you're greaaaaaat ! Montpellier won't be relegated thanks to you !" courbis was the coach of Montpellier for the past month and Nicolin (the president of Montpellier) decided to keep him for next year . he was linked with ajaccio (wich made a lot of noise before his last game against ajaccio) .

So he's staying at Montpellier for next season? It's confirmed?

Yeh, I think it would be a little weird to go back to Ajaccio and yeh I'm aware that he was hired late this season with the mission of saving Montpellier from relegation which he did. :)

I hope to see them back in Ligue 1 one day eventually again but that'll take quite a few years and that's with good management.

I agree . Perrin is not a bad coach but it's not sure yet that he can manage star players and compared to Puel and Deschamps he seems smaller .

Yes, even if he was a good manager (which I'm not convinced), it's a very different case managing the likes of Portsmouth and Sochaux than a team that had the most amount of International players in Europe. 6-9 players from French National Team alone usually, then there was the likes of Brazilians such as Fred and Cris, Portuguese NT in form of Tiago, Sweden for Kallstrom among others... (apart from Barca which had the same amount, no other club had as many and this actually ended up HURTING both clubs this year in my opinion as every international week that came during the season depleted both squads and players came back tired or carrying injuries, etc.)

Handling and keeping quality players (Many of which will have to warm the bench for some games) happy or dealing with talents some of whom have big egos as well is a BIG task for any manager. To earn their respect is even harder. Especially when you're not a big name or successful manager yourself.

I hope Perrin doesn't become the coach because I think it'll end up in failure. Lyon's failure could be a good thing however as it could make Ligue 1 more competitive next year (If OM and the rest of the teams actually improved their squad properly) but it'd be bad because OL could underachieve even more in Europe which would be a bad thing and also reduce France's coefficients and European spots ultimately.

Last edited:

Yes Courbis is going to stay at Montpellier.

38° journée

Thanks to Modibo of soccers.fr for the clips

LILLE 1 - 1 RENNES
74' [0 - 1] Utaka
93' [1 - 1] Fauvergue

LORIENT 0 - 1 PSG
56' [0 - 1] Pauleta

LYON 3 - 1 NANTES
25' [1 - 0] Malouda
54' [1 - 1] Diallo
69' [2 - 1] Malouda
86' [3 - 1] Benzema

MARSEILLE 1 - 0 SEDAN
64' [1 - 0] Nasri

MONACO 2 - 0 NANCY
11' [1 - 0] Koller
59' [2 - 0] Piquionne

NICE 3 - 3 LE MANS
33' [1 - 0] Bellion (pen.)
38' [1 - 1] Romaric
45' [2 - 1] Vahirua
55' [3 - 1] Bellion
62' [3 - 2] Bangoura
67' [3 - 3] Matsui

SOCHAUX 1 - 0 SAINT- ETIENNE
19' [1 - 0] Le Tallec

TOULOUSE 3 - 1 BORDEAUX
18' [0 - 1] Wendell
39' [1 - 1] Elmander
52' [2 - 1] Elmander
72' [3 - 1] Elmander

TROYES 3 - 0 LENS
9' [1 - 0] Danic
54' [2 - 0] Matuidi
57' [3 - 0] Lachuer
Red card: 35' Ramos (Lens)

VALENCIENNES 1 - 3 AUXERRE
17' [0 - 1] Niculae
21' [0 - 2] Kahlenberg
80' [1 - 2] Bratu
90' [1 - 3] Lejeune

Final standings:
image111dnb.jpg

Last edited:

Old news.

Deschamps was on the bench of today's match, but there was an obvious hint that something was up. Italian newspapers say that DD confirmed to them, that he resigned. Juventus executive manager Blanc will meet with Deschamps tonight. After which juventus will clarify matters to the public, probably confirming Deschamps' resignation..

What a ending !!!

Toulouse go to the third place ! because Lille score vs Rennes at the 93' !!
Amazing Elmander with 3 goals !!

Best finale of season ever !!!!

When I saw the president coming near Dreossi and I was sure something will happen.

And goal for Lille so Toulouse became 3rd.

Umbelievable.

Tomorrow, maybe in 10 minutes, lawyers will try to remove the 2 pts given to Toulouse last week.

I'm very happy Lens and Bordeaux didn't get CL :).

Last edited:

Lyon 3 - 1 Nantes
Marseille 1 - 0 Sedan
Troyes 3 - 0 Lens
Toulouse 3 - 1 Bordeaux
Lille 1 - 1 Rennes
Sochaux 1 - 0 St. Etienne
Valenciennes 1 - 3 Auxerre
Monaco 2 - 0 Nancy
Lorient 0 - 1 Paris St. Germain
Nice 3 - 3 Le Mans

1 - Lyon 81 pts
2 - Marseille 64 pts
3 - Toulouse 58 pts
4 - Rennes 57 pts
5 - Lens 57 pts
6 - Bordeaux 57 pts
7 - Sochaux 57 pts

It's probably Deschamps, who's going to Lyon :(.

Like I've said before, I'm as excited about Ligue 1 next year as I am about Serie A and seeing Juve back as well as the likes of Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina NOT start the season with minus points which will once again make Serie A more interesting and life for Inter and Roma harder. :)

So, I personally want to see Didier remain at Juve and guide them to a great 1st season back in the top flight.

But, if he's to leave Juve, then yeah, I'd rather see him take the Lyon position than someone like Alain Perrin whom I think will not only be unable to continue the OL project and take the club forward, but probably a couple steps back before getting sacked eventually. :rolleyes:

If not Puel or Didier, then there is many other managers I'd take before Perrin as well, including Elie Baup himself. :8):

But I doubt, you can take him away from Toulouse now. He's a loyal guy and seems very focused and determined to make a good team out of Toulouse finally and I doubt even Aulas could prise him away especially after such a great season this year. So I suppose he's not really a realistic option and that's why Perrin is more likely to come than him despite being the worse manager in my opinion.

What a ending !!!

Toulouse go to the third place ! because Lille score vs Rennes at the 93' !!
Amazing Elmander with 3 goals !!

YES, great stuff indeed.

Toulouse DID IT!!

Elie Baup and his determination and good collected team and implemented team spirit did it for "Les Violets"!!

Great stadium atmosphere at the Municipal today. 38000 screaming fans!!! :applause:

Elmander and the rest of the boys worked soooooo hard again. Douchez made a mistake that helped Bordeaux get a 1-0 lead but like a REAL team, they didn't let it get to them. They continued working hard and walked out 3-1 winners.

And this was SUCH an important match. The celebration of Toulouse players and staff after the final whistle was blown shows it all really. (Anybody got clips for those who didn't see it! :p )

Bordeaux president, Mr. Triaud had said prior to this match, that for the league's sake, Bordeaux better win this match or they'll definitely take legal actions and protest that 3 points that was given to Toulouse (Due to the Nantes fans actions and match). And Rennes had issued a similar statement.

I expect we'll hear more from this now, since Bordeaux couldn't do what they wanted and Toulouse got the results on the field today.

Where is Hubneo by the way? Toulouse is having such a great season and he's not here to enjoy it properly?
Maybe he's in the stadium. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom