Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07 - Lyon Champions

Tuta I was so gutted last night. Ribery never showed up man. Have no idea why Emon took off Niang so early. big mistake and like you say, Pagis should have been brought on for PK's.

Ribery should of stepped up for a penalty. I know he might of not wanted too take one but one it got to sudden death he should of stepped up.

Anyway lets hope the team picks itself up for last two games..

@Pogoss, What's with the Seydoux brothers?
one bro is shareholder of lille and the other of lyon and I think their two campanies have merged (gaumon and pathe) .

Oh really?

I knew about Lille's chairman (or president or whatever they call it nowadays), Michel Seydoux but I didn't know he has a brother who is also in the business but with OL! :shock:

wow . all this talk got me really excited about lyon as i don't know much about them besides watching a few CL matches and i felt were unlucky to lose to roma . but anyway so i booted up my game and i was massively disappointed that lyon is so under rated in the game especially for young players like ben arfa , they tend to just put a decent value for speed and the rest is plain rubbish

A litle bit late, but don't you think Sochaux had a great season this year????

Of course they have. Very good in fact. Exceeded all expecations. :applause:

The great thing about the French league as we all know is that while there is one team who is head and shoulders above the rest, after that there is nearly 10 teams that can fill the table from 2nd position to 11th, so you never know what's gonna happen. :D
Which is something you can't say for any of the world's other best leagues
where usually you'll be sure to see the top 3-4 teams finish on top and so the other teams are really only fighting to maybe just maybe with some miracle get that last CL spot (which hasn't happened with Tottenham or Bolton in EPL for example) and basically they're fighting to see who can finish CLOSEST to the big teams and farthest from relegation. Not anything real to fight for since the difference between their top 3-4 clubs is massive to the rest and that makes the league less competitive.

Well not in France.

Lens, Bordeaux, St. Etienne, Lille, PSG, OM, Auxerre, Rennes, Monaco and sometimes even a couple others (such as Sochaux and Toulouse this year) join them and ALL fancy their chances on finishing behind Lyon and getting into CL or Uefa Cup when the season starts. This makes the league interesting and exciting contrary to the belief of those who don't follow the league and only want to judge it and say it's boring because it's the same Champ every year even though that doesn't make sense, since the quality and excitement of any league is determined by ALL its teams (From those fighting for title AND those fighting against relegation and for mid-table), so ALL 20 teams determine the quality and competitiveness and excitement of the league. NOT one or two like some seem to suggest. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, let's NOT forget, before Lyon start this era of dominationover the past half-decade, this is the league that gave you 6 different teams winning titles in 8 years or so (where for a period, you had a different champ almost every year) which is also something you once again did not and still do not have in any of the other top leagues in Europe.

But Sochaux isn't one of the teams mentioned among those above because before the season starts, few fancied them to do that well including myself. They have some good under-rated players like Romain Pitau, Mickael Isabey and few others whom if you remember we've talked about months before this success ;) but overall, the squad quality isn't as high as in those other teams. So what they've done is simply fanstastic this year. Only with great mentality, harmony and teamwork you can over-achieve like that. So for me, the Yellow&Blue of Sochaux deserve a lot of credit this year.

Nonetheless, Alain Perrin has to have at least one or two more seasons like this to personally convince me of his quality as a manager. Because while he's had a couple good years like this one, he's also been fairly disappointing in many other positions and I personally didn't have a favourable opinion towards him before this season. Now of course, he's changed my opinion a little bit but I'm still not sure and will need more convincing in future years and for him to prove, it wasn't a fluke and not a one-hit wonder and that he can consistently get good results like that.

wow . all this talk got me really excited about lyon as i don't know much about them besides watching a few CL matches and i felt were unlucky to lose to roma . but anyway so i booted up my game and i was massively disappointed that lyon is so under rated in the game especially for young players like ben arfa , they tend to just put a decent value for speed and the rest is plain rubbish

Not sure why you're so disappointed. Major disappointments come to those who are surprised. Are you surprised? :-s

This is what we've all realized for YEARS now and with me remembering seeing you a couple times on my thread, I would have thought, you probably know this disappointing FACT about Konami and their lovely PES game, very well by now.

PES is the same game that can't even get the player's skin colours and height right. :rolleyes: You expect them to have carefully and accurately researched the player's abilities to make them similar to real life? :mrgreen:

When I made a Franck Ribery stat-update almost something like 2 years ago, he wasn't 1/8th as known as he is now world-wide and PES of course didn't have his face. His attributes were $hit and here's the funny part, he was 185cm in game :mrgreen: and to this day including this latest version, I believe Cris (Ligue 1's best CB and one of the world's best) is brown. :p

The data is quite unrealistic even for big clubs like Lyon and Inter (Look at Maicon, Grosso, I look, get turned off and turn the ps2 off as a result :| ) which are 2 of two of the world's biggest clubs.

Imagine how unbelievably realistic :rolleyes: things get when you try to have a proper game with the likes of Sochaux vs. Troyes or Cagliari vs. Nantes. :roll:

This ---> #-o ](*,) :cry: :( is me unfortunately after buying every version of PES/WE and realizing I have to once again put in MONTHS worth of editing before being able to properly enjoy the game I f'n PAID for. :|

Last edited:

A litle bit late, but don't you think Sochaux had a great season this year????
of course they had . we got used to see them finish in the bottom but this year they did really well and they still can do better .
@PLF this is what I like most in this league , exept lyon in the last few years there is not much difference between the other clubs and as I said before even the second division has a high level with a lot of teams that can survive in ligue 1 . to me ligue2 is one of the best second division leagues in the world .

37° journée

Thanks to Modibo of soccers.fr for the goals

AUXERRE 2 - 1 LILLE
15' [1 - 0] Kahlenberg
28' [1 - 1] Keita
79' [2 - 1] Jelen

LE MANS 1 - 1 BORDEAUX
62' [1 - 0] Grafite
71' [1 - 1] Perea

MONACO 1 - 0 LYON
59' [1 - 0] Menez

NANCY 5 - 2 SOCHAUX
20' [1 - 0] Fortune
32' [2 - 0] Puygrenier
45' [2 - 1] Birsa :thumbup:
67' [3 - 1] Gavanon
79' [4 - 1] Fortune
89' [4 - 2] Dagano
90' [5 - 2] Sauget

PSG 2 - 1 TROYES
23' [0 - 1] Nivet
71' [1 - 1] Pauleta (pen.)
78' [2 - 1] Pauleta

RENNES 4 - 1 LORIENT
2' [1 - 0] Melchiot
26' [1 - 1] Ewolo
51' [2 - 1] Cheyrou
77' [3 - 1] Utaka :shock: :thumbup:
88' [4 - 1] Jeunechamp

SAINT- ETIENNE 1 - 2 MARSEILLE
54' [0 - 1] Cisse
70' [1 - 1] Feindouno :shock: :thumbup:
86' [1 - 2] Valbuena

SEDAN 1 - 1 VALENCIENNES
51' [0 - 1] Hassli
65' [1 - 1] Job

NANTES 0 - 0 TOULOUSE
Red card: 33' Ebondo (Toulouse)

LENS 0 - 0 NICE

Standings after 37/38:
image1vg2.jpg

Last edited:

Allez l'OM great result and Champions League here we come!

St Etienne 1 - 2 OM

Last edited:
OM ---> CL!! wooohoooooo

Great! For the past month or so, I've been really hoping OM gets in CL! \\:o/

Not because I'm an OM fan but because it's good for French football to have its most supported team in there.

This might mean Franck Ribery gets to stay in Ligue 1 for another season since he, himself said that he just wants to play CL football next season and that he'll be working his @$$ off trying to help OM achieve that and if they do, then who says he won't stay in OM? He might.

But if OM didn't achieve CL, Ribery would leave for sure and maybe even more good players.

Plus now when those foreign teams come to France for CL, they'll get a good grasp of what football means in France and what fans are really like when they go against 60,000 screaming, crazy hardcore Marseille fans @ Stade Velodrome. :D

It'll be way more intimidating than it was to go to Bordeaux or Lille.

That's a bigger stadium filled with more fans than likes of Chelsea and Liverpool have and Arsenal has it only since building the new one and OM hasn't even expanded its own stadium or build new one (which they might in future, since they can attract even more fans per match) and once they do, they'll once again be ahead of Arsenal as well in terms of fans in stadium and in England, only Man U will have a bigger one and only few other teams around Europe.

------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. Why were St. Etienne's 2 best players, Sable and Janot not playing or did they get subbed off? :-s

Because I saw the ending of match only and they were watching the game from bench. :eek:

Injured?

------------------------------------------

Glad to see Total's OGC Nice stay in Ligue 1! I would miss those crazy fans if they were to go down. :D

When will the new stadium be ready by the way? They had plans for one, didn't they?

---------------------------------------------

Sad to see such a historic club like Nantes go down who were in Ligue 1 for more consecutive seasons than any other (45 years or so I think), won 8 titles I think and last one before Lyon domination to do so, produced so many great players from their youth academy and contributed to world of football not just in France but abroad
but they deserved to go down and maybe would've only come back improved if THIS tragedy happened. Because certainly when they avoided relegation in previous years, it didn't help them change anything and improve and they were once again crap the years after it and in same sorta trouble. :rolleyes:

Maybe this is what Nantes NEEDED to be honest! So you can look at it as a positive thing actually. :)

As for Troyes, they played some beautiful football. Very entertaining at times. Sad to see them go down as well but this is how competitive the league is. At the end of the day, 3 teams gotta go down.

I'll be happy to see Strasbourg back in Ligue 1 next season. :8):
And I know Big Boss and certain others will be happy about that as well. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Go Rennes!!! :rock: \\:o/ We're almost there now :8): We just need a result at Lille, and they have lost 7 in their last 9 matches.

Super Utaka goal!! :eek: :cheers: :mrgreen:

And congrats to total's Nice, another season in Ligue 1. :) Too bad to see Troyes and Sedan down. I wouldn't have mind having another Rennes-Nantes derby next season, but I guess it will be Rennes v Lorient from now on when it comes to bragging rights in Brittany. And we showed them who's the boss last night! :D :8):

I don't like marseille but it's good indeed for french football to have marseille in champions league .
with what nante supporters did toulouse may have a chance to play cl as they may be granted 3 points from that game .

Re: OM ---> CL!! wooohoooooo

When will the new stadium be ready by the way? They had plans for one, didn't they?
I read a news that they might not even finish the stadium. But that just might be an April fool's joke.

if everything goes according to plans it should be opened in November I think.

PLF said:
I'll be happy to see Strasbourg back in Ligue 1 next season.
And I know Big Boss and certain others will be happy about that as well.

Hell yeah :D \\:o/ :applause: :cheers:

I have been checking the Ligue2 website from time to time, and I was happy to see Strasbourg in top 3 all the time, and now they are back where they belong. (And i can use them again in the next PES :D )

Good job by Marseille getting the CL qualification. They had a big dip after a good start, but have climbed back again to 2nd place.

But what do u think about Lille mate? I know u were saying they were the only team who could maybe challenge Lyon about half way in this season. But what has went wrong for them? Now they don't even qualify for European football next year. Has it all gone wrong after that game against Man. Utd. where they were kinda robbed and the whole players going off the pitch saga?

Lille's Problems

@Total, thank you! I like my new avatar. :8):

Hell yeah :D \\:o/ :applause: :cheers:

I have been checking the Ligue2 website from time to time, and I was happy to see Strasbourg in top 3 all the time, and now they are back where they belong. (And i can use them again in the next PES :D )

Yes, I'm looking forward to using them in PES once again as well although that is after spending hours fixing them because we know how accurate Strasbourg will be when the game comes out, don't we Big Boss? :lol:

They can't even make your 1st team which is known and has fans world-wide (Ajax) accurate, Strasbourg is likely to be even 5 times more inaccurate than that. :mrgreen: :lol:

But yeh, I'm excited to see "The Blues" come back to Ligue 1 as well. I would like to see Montpellier (Scratch ;) ) ultimately one day back as well but it's good to see they at least manage to stay in Ligue 2 for now! :D

p.s. I'm looking forward to see Strasbourg managed by Jean-Pierre Papin and to see how he does in his first Ligue 1 season next year? :)

p.p.s. Where is Jackie Dugeperoux, nowadays pogoss? The coach that got Strasbourg relegated but honestly seemed like a decent manager to me. Strasbourg were VERY unlucky that year, if y'all remember.

Good job by Marseille getting the CL qualification. They had a big dip after a good start, but have climbed back again to 2nd place.
Yes, good job OM! :applause:

It wasn't easy! Hell.. in fact it was hard! Because it's very competitive! They had to fight with many different teams for those CL positions throughout different times of season. But they've done what was needed now through some hardwork and determination. Hardwork pays off. :8):

But what do u think about Lille mate? I know u were saying they were the only team who could maybe challenge Lyon about half way in this season. But what has went wrong for them? Now they don't even qualify for European football next year. Has it all gone wrong after that game against Man. Utd. where they were kinda robbed and the whole players going off the pitch saga?
I don't know if I'd call them robbed, because in my eyes, Man U didn't do anything wrong. But yeh sure, in France they don't do that, so LOSC wasn't expecting it either and they felt hard done by and it makes sense that they feel that way. But who cares, these things happen and what's done is done.

There's no doubt, the matches with Man Utd did hurt Lille but as for the real perhaps bigger reasons as to why the team has such a HORRIBLE ending to the season which has seen them ruin a first good half which we were expecting and have gotten used to, I'm not sure. I think maybe the other guys like gib, Alain, Total, Pogoss, Tuta, Thomas, roti or others can answer you that question better. Because sadly, I watched VERY little football in these recent months due to those crazy exams I had.

p.s. It wasn't halfway through the season which I predicated that, my friend. It was before the season starts. Sometime in July. At half-way through the season, we knew that once again, nobody is gonna touch Lyon this year either.

I thought that LOSC would finish 2nd before the season because they have an equally as good of a squad as OM and the other teams going for those places but with a better manager than Albert Emon (OM), Francis Gillot (Lens), Ivan Hasek (St. Etienne), etc. etc.

And they were on their way to perhaps doing that before this horrible recent form and ending to the season comes. But yeh something went very wrong there.

I think one of the major things Lille had in these recent years though was great TEAM HARMONY. But soon after those battles with Man U, they seemed to be dented or broken. Because I saw an article from "Tafforeau" (captain) where he talked about how there has been something that has been bothering the players for a long time but never talked about publicly. He said that, they just weren't getting PAID as much as a side as successful as them should have been.

He said, you know there is something wrong when your team is doing much better than others like PSG but your players are still getting paid less or something like that, along those lines. He then went on to say that for some it wasn't a big deal because they were still young and with very bright futures ahead (like Yoann Cabaye let's say) or that it was lesser of a deal. But for someone like me (referreing to himself who is 31 I think), he said it matters VERY MUCH how much you make and it's stupid that I can move to another club in France even who is doing nowhere as good and get more $$$. He said that he doesn't want to do that of course as he is captain here, established and likes the club and that the situation is the same with many other players, but he said of course it bothers you deep inside and if this is all true, I can definitely understand what he's saying and feel for the guy. :|

Basically, from what I understood, a lot of the players were less than satisfied and a bit angry because they felt that their paycheques should also have seen 'bonuses' and get increased with their success over the past few season and not stay the same as it was when Lille was a mediocre / lower club finishing mid-table or worst. But apparently, most of the players' paychecks had remained the same or only gotten small increases or bonuses even though the club has made huge improvements and is a bigger club now and more famous and financially stable than it used to be and so the players felt, they should also be getting paid as much as top players in France are getting or at least a good amount of increase..

Anyway, I'm not sure on the details, the guys in France or Pog who can speak French and follows this stuff better than I do, probably know this story a lot better but basically there was problems like this behind the scenes at LOSC that came to public's view after Tafforreau and few others decided to speak to media about these PROBLEMS.
And since they have, the team has become quite $hite :mrgreen: and playing nowhere near as good as they can and we had gotten used to over past few season.

EDIT:

Or maybe Claude Puel lost some control or lost sight of what's important (securing Lille their 3rd consecutive CL place) and fucked up for once.. I don't know. Maybe he is the one that should be blamed. :p :mrgreen: :lol:

Last edited:

Trophys UNFP

- Best Ligue 1 Player
Florent Malouda (Lyon)

- Best Espoir
Samir Nasri (Marseille)

- Best Ligue 1 Goalkeeper
Teddy Richert (Sochaux)

- Best Ligue 1 Coach
Gerrard Houiller (Lyon)

- Best Goal
Ilan (Saint Etienne)
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/ilan/video/x1b44j_but-dilan-face-au-psg-20-snif

- Ligue 1 Dream Team
- Teddy Richert (Sochaux)
- Bakari Sagna (Auxerre)
- Cris (Lyon)
- Hilton (Lens)
- Eric Abidal (Lyon)
- Seydou Keita (Lens)
- Samir Nasri (Marseille)
- Florent Malouda (Lyon)
- Kader keita (Lille)
- Johan Elmander (Toulouse)
- Steve Savidan (Valenciennes)

- Best Ligue 2 Player
Yoann Gouffran (Caen)

- Best Ligue 2 Goalkeeper
Stephane Cassard (Strasbourg)

- Best Ligue 2 Coach
Francis De Taddeo (Metz)

- Honorific Trophy
Zinedine Zidane

- Best Referee
Bertrand Layec

Last edited:

I don't like marseille but it's good indeed for french football to have marseille in champions league . .

Naaa it's shit!!!all the hype here in France (canal plus ??) will begin again and you won't hear anymore the likes of Lyon or bordeaux!!wtf!!you're lucky not to live in France!!!their second place is only due to the lack of consistancy of Lens(they were 10 pts head!!!) and even Bordeaux

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07 - Malouda Best Player

Houiller best coach of L1. :puke: Malouda deserved the best player of the season title. :applause:

And that goal by Ilan really was the best of the season in my opinion.

their second place is only due to the lack of consistancy of Lens(they were 10 pts head!!!) and even Bordeaux

Nope. Marseille is the best team at home, the 2nd offense and currently the best team on the last 10 games (maybe more). Marseille only plays in order to win (even with 12 loses !!!).

So please, maybe Bordeaux and Lens didn't deserve their old place, don't you think ? I'm glad to be 2nd because Lens rope us twice this season. Lens loses its points because of a very bad mercato and not because of inconsistency. Cousin alone in front of this team is a joke.

Work and patience always pay.

Allez l'OM !!!

Last edited:

Hey BB, got more info on Lille.

The problems did come to a head after the games against Man Utd, where they did really well over the two legs, only lost out by one goal.

There has been problems all season, the main one being upfront, Odemwingie has struggled all year, lacking the confidence to lead the team, and when the goals didn't come the confidence just got lower and lower.

Other players like Youla, Audel weren't good enough replacements, and the Youngsters Fauvergue and Mirallas were played quite alot, but mostly to rest Keita and Odemwingie for the Champions League games, and I think it's still too early for them, and when they both play Puel goes to a 4-4-2, which i don't think helps anyone, Bodmer then has more defensive roles to forfill, Keita doesn't have the freedom to play as a high up winger, and Cabaye then doesn't play, Puel has went with 4-4-2 i think 9 times since the Man Utd games and has won 1 game, so that clearly shows the players aren't right for that formation, the 4-5-1 works better midfield wise, but LOSC doesn't have a striker that is able to play the lone striker.

Then the other problem that Sina mentioned is the money issue, speaking to one of my friends in Lille, he thinks Tafforeau will be going in the summer, there is 2 reasons to this, 1) He wants to go somewhere where he will get paid what he thinks he's worth. 2) Since he has come out saying he should be paid more, and that he is not happy, the fans have turned on him, cause it shows that he is no longer playing for the shirt, but for the money, and being Captain of LOSC this is not a good example to show the rest of the team.

Of course this is from 1 fans view from Lille, I agree with him, Lille have a history of now spending alot of money and have been operating above their means the last few years, they don't spend alot on players, they have a small ground, which they can't fill because the fans hate the Metropole "Ugly and Horrible", so they obviously don't have money to spend on big wages.

So I don't think it's just one reason for the decline, it's combination of, confidence, money troubles, wrong tactics.

I myself think this team has ran it's course, Odemwingie is not the player to lead the line, Bodmer will probably leave, Makoun might leave aswell, although there are stories going around that he might stay, Kader Keita will stay but if he has another good season he'll be off too, Chalme wants to go, Taff might go, Tavlaridis has been linked with going a few times, Plestan has been linked away too.

And the main one, Claude Puel, I think this has been his last year in Lille, Houllier will probably leave Lyon and Puel will take over, Bodmer will join him probably.

Lille will be back, youngsters like Cabaye, Mirallas, Fauvergue, Franquart have all got great futures ahead of them.

I have heard rumours that Franck Beria of Metz will be coming to the Metropole in the summer, and rumours of Tchite of Anderlecht are going around too, so Lille will be back.

Sorry for rambling on so much, hope you French speaking guys can maybe correct anything I have got wrong and fill in any more information you have.:)

Re: Lille's Problems

p.p.s. Where is Jackie Dugeperoux, nowadays pogoss? The coach that got Strasbourg relegated but honestly seemed like a decent manager to me. Strasbourg were VERY unlucky that year, if y'all remember.
yes I remember . he's now coaching EST (Esperance Sportive de Tunis) the club who was last season's champion of Tunisia's league . he didn't manage to keep the title as it's ESS (Etoile Sportive du Sahel) but they are doing well in african champions league as they are in the second round and I hope they will prevent egyptian Al Ahly from winning it again .
by the way in january he bought Aboucherouane from Raja Casablanca whom had their worst season of their history fighting against relegation .
EST is the second club I support in this african CL after FAR Rabat from Morocco . :)

Naaa it's shit!!!all the hype here in France (canal plus ??) will begin again and you won't hear anymore the likes of Lyon or bordeaux!!wtf!!you're lucky not to live in France!!!their second place is only due to the lack of consistancy of Lens(they were 10 pts head!!!) and even Bordeaux
I don't live in france but I can imagine that as it was the same for the 6 years I've been living there . french media made me lose affection toward PSG and OM .
After the final against Sochaux I'm sure there were more comment about OM than about Sochaux , I can imagine that all you had was explanation of why OM lost not why Sochaux won .
But still with the supporters OM have it's a good thing and PLF explained that well . They also can do something good there if they recruit a good central defender cause even if Zubar is a good youngster I think that neither him and neither Civelli are good enough . Rodriguez was a good recruit . Cacapa is free so it would be a good deal and if they can put money on someone else it will be great .
france clubs always complain when they have 2 games in the same week as OM did for the cup games but at the same time they want to have better results in the champions league . I think instead complaining they should think wisely about making their bench stronger so they can compete with other european clubs whom also have to play often 2 games a week .
I'm a bit pissed off about bordeaux loosing chances on the 3rd place fight , it was silly to loose at home against nante now there are not only lens who can rob that 3rd place but also Renne and even toulouse if they get the 3 points from FCNA's game .
By the way can someone tell me about this ? I hope they'll find another punishement cause giving "tapis vert" to Toulouse wouldn't be right in my opinion . in a league you should'nt use this cause it would be a punishement for other teams as well where as nante wouldn't suffer more or less with it . they should do the same than in spain and play the remaining time and if they want they can add some other punishement to FCNA as long as it doesn't have consequences on other teams .
If Bordeaux doesn't take the 3rd place I hope it won't be Lens , not that I don't like the club but in fact I don't like Francis Gillot :p

@Gibbs did you watch LOSC's last game ? I need to have unbiased info about young moroccan defender Adil Rami .

edit : sorry I didn't edit my previous post to combine it with this one .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom