Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07 - Lyon Champion

OM was by far the better side and the win was well-deserved ;)
At times it was rather one sided game
I hope we will see OM in Champions League next season, maybe the best football in 2007 in Ligue 1, better than this crap and ugly Bordeaux catenaccio.
But don't forget that you must play at Geoffroy Guichard \\:o/

definitely they were,but what i wanted to say it's they didn't need that to win this game,but stranges things happened yesterday

calm down mate he has been plaing very well only since january before he wasn't that good

I know but tell me one player good for the all season ?
- Yaya Touré and Mathieu Bodmer start well
- Keita of Lens good only this winter
- Rothen and Ribery good for 3 or 4 last games :lmao:
- maybe Coupet

Last edited:

- maybe Coupet
chretien , belhadj , planus and cris .

chretien , belhadj , planus and cris .

I don't see alot games of Nancy and Sedan, but about Planus is more the Bordeaux teamwork than a individuality, and about Cris it's true still one of the best defender of the world.

I'll vote Niang. Every match, he gives 200%. The team passes before him. Just that makes him special. I want him to stay at Marseille for ever !!!

And he can still pretend for the 1st place of topscorers. And he is very good with assists too.

Nasri is just the revelation/confirmation of the season far from the rest.

yes Niang is really Amazing!!:applause: he can pretend to win it
i don't see one player who has been great during all the season
maybe Cris

I don't see alot games of Nancy and Sedan, but about Planus is more the Bordeaux teamwork than a individuality, and about Cris it's true still one of the best defender of the world.
not only bordeaux defend well as a team but planus do really make a good job .
as for nancy chretien is a player to watch , Lyon and Marseille are interested in him may be you'll know more about him in the near futur . he's still young (22) and is one of the best right backs in ligue 1 .
as far as it concerns cris you seem to agree and as you didn't mention belhadj I thing you agree as well .
with what you said and what I said we can make another statement : in this league the most consistent players are defenders , so it's not a surprise when you see the number of goals scored . don't you agree ?

- maybe Coupet

Nobody can play great consistently throughout the whole season of course, Tom. ;)
But Malouda should perhaps be a candidate for player of the season as he's played a key role for the champions Lyon this year again (more so than ever before) and was arguably their best player overall although there are other good candiates like Toulalan who was also pretty consistent and had a good season.

In reality, him, Juninho, Coupet and Ribery along with Cris are 5 of the best players in the league and truly world-class closely followed by some other Lyon players such as Abidal, Kallstrom, Toulalan, Tiago, and a few other players in the other 19 teams.

And of course the league is full of wonderful talent for future as usual. (Nasri, Benzema, Cabaye, Loic Perrin, Ducasse, Payet, Menez, etc. etc. etc. too many to name! )

But Coupet was sadly missing quite a bit of matches this year due to injuries which is why Remy Vercoutre got more playing time than he perhaps anticipated before the season. Greg is a true professional and a world-class goalkeeper as usual, no doubt. But I don't think, should be player of the year especially this year due to the more than usual injuries. He's had better seasons than this.

Ribery was great at start of the campaign and again recently as you mentioned but not so great in some middle parts. Nasri what Alain already said. He was a wonderkid before the season since everybody knew him anyway and he'd shown a lot of potential but only been playing very good consistently in past few months since around January or so..
And like Tuta said, now he CONFIRMED everything and proved he really is all that and deserves the hype. So he was more like a 'confirmed wonderkid' in my opinion this season.
But as great as he already is for his age, he still is not the best or among the true best Ligue 1 players and has a couple years at least to get there and to that level which is why I hope he stays until he becomes one of the best and then moves on to another league perhaps and not too early like many are doing and Yoann Gourcuff did last year after only one good/regular season. :rolleyes:
(Robert Pires is a great example of a smart guy who moved at right time and didn't rush things. He didn't hurry. He waited until he was 25 or so I believe. By then he wasn't just a prospect but a great player and of course moved and became one of the best EPL signings ever along with compatriots Paddy Vieira and Henry, having 3-4 wonderful seasons for The Gunners)

Sadly, I didn't get to enjoy Ligue 1 as much as I usually do and wanted to, this season :| due to f'n school $hit as most of you know. But still, nearly everytime I did get the chance to enjoy some Ligue 1 action, I noticed Malouda being consistent and helping OL in so many different ways. Some of the ways in fact don't get shown in the end of the season statistics/data because they weren't always only contribution of goals or assists which unfortunately so many people seem to only judge attacking players based on. :rolleyes:

He's an effective attacking left winger and we all know that but he helps in defence and has better tackling and overall defensive attributes than any other quality left winger in the world! He surprised many of us with his 'aerial' ability as well this year when he found himself in aerial opportunities in some matches. I, myself, certainly didn't know before this season that he has a very good jump on him let alone decent heading ability! :shock:

He's the most complete/well-rounded left winger in the world (If anybody disagrees, name me ONE great left winger who is a better all-rounder) since all the other great attacking left wingers in the world have at least one or two definite weaknesses (such as being crap at defence and useless or even harmful when team doesn't have possession of the ball) which he doesn't. Not many other great attacking left wingers in the world have good heading or jumping abilities either. Usually this is one of their other 'weakness' areas but again, not the case for Malouda whose well-roundedness has really impressed me over the last 2 years.

He's France's best true left sided winger and undoubtedly one of Ligue 1's finest players not to mention very versatile!

I think this year, he probably had his best ever season and proved himself to be an even more important member of the Lyon squad than ever before. Nonetheless, although already great and among the world's best in his position (If not, the best) I think he's still not fully at his peak and can improve a bit further although not a whole lot as I think he's fairly close to his 'peak' and best.

He should be a nominee and perhaps a good winner for Ligue 1 player of the year but of course there are a few other good candidates as well :) and some of the good games he had was in Europe and not in Ligue 1.

Last edited:
36° journée

Thanks to Modibo of soccers.fr for the goals

SOCHAUX 2 - 1 MONACO
29' [1 - 0] Touré (og)
44' [1 - 1] Piquionne
81' [2 - 1] Grax
Red card: 66' Touré (Monaco)

BORDEAUX 0 - 1 NANTES
78' [0 - 1] Oliech

LILLE 2 - 1 SEDAN
12' [0 - 1] Pujol
28' [1 - 1] Bastos (pen.)
43' [2 - 1] Keita

LORIENT 2 - 1 AUXERRE
11' [1 - 0] Gignac
20' [1 - 1] Jelen
85' [2 - 1] Le Pen

MARSEILLE 2 - 1 NANCY
77' [1 - 0] Niang (pen)
80' [1 - 1] Puygrenier
82' [2 - 1] Cisse
Red card: 76' Sauget (Nancy)

NICE 1 - 0 PSG
1' [1 - 0] Vahirua

TROYES 2 - 2 RENNES
18' [1 - 0] Paisley
24' [1 - 1] Briand
26' [2 - 1] Bangoura
29' [2 - 2] Utaka
Red card: 35' Kouassi (Troyes)

VALENCIENNES 1 - 0 SAINT- ETIENNE
53' [1 - 0] Paauwe

LYON 3 - 0 LENS
20' [1 - 0] Govou
38' [2 - 0] Juninho
45' [3 - 0] Diarra (pen.)

TOULOUSE 0 - 1 LE MANS
82' [0 - 1] Grafite

Last edited:
Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07 - Lyon Champions

Trophée UNFP nominations

Best L1 player :
- Johan Elmander (Toulouse)
- Florent Malouda (Lyon)
- Abdul Kader Keita (Lille)
- Seydou Keita (Lens)

Best L2 player :
- Yoan Gouffran (Caen)
- Julien Féret (Reims)
- Babacar M'Baye Gueye (Metz)
- Jean-Michel Lesage (Le Havre)

Best L1 goalkeeper :
- Grégory Coupet (Lyon)
- Michael Landreau (PSG)
- Ulrich Ramé (Bordeaux)
- Teddy Richert (Sochaux)

Best L2 goalkeeper :
- Stéphane Cassard (Strasbourg)
- Steve Mandanda (Le Havre)
- Christophe Marichez (Metz)
- Romuald Peiser (Gueugnon)

Best L1 "espoir" :
- Jimmy Briand (Rennes)
- Karim Benzema (Lyon)
- Samir Nasri (Marseille)
- Dimitri Payet (Nantes)

Best L1 coach :
- Elie Baup (Toulouse)
- Gérard Houllier (Lyon)
- Ricardo (Bordeaux)
- Alain Perrin (Sochaux)

Best L2 coach :
- Ludovic Batelli (Amiens)
- Cédric Daury (Châteauroux)
- Francis De Taddéo (Metz)
- Jean-Pierre Papin (Strasbourg)

Best referee (already designed) : Bertrand Layec

Seydou Keita should won of the last four, he was the most regular player. I don't understand why the other Keita is present as he only played 3 good months :shock:.

I'm so happy tonight with both Lens and Bordeaux losing while Marseille won again.

We're 2 pts before them with a better goal difference. Come on Marseille, don't fall apart now !!!!

Nantes and Sedan will play in Ligue 2 next year.

Last edited:

I hope Nice win or at least draw with Lens so we can't be relegated. [-o<

no Niang in best L1 player !!?

okk, i bet on Malouda and Nasri
Benzema and Payet great too

I'm so happy tonight with both Lens and Bordeaux losing while Marseille won again.

We're 2 pts before them with a better goal difference. Come on Marseille, don't fall apart now !!!!

Nantes and Sedan will play in Ligue 2 next year.
I did'nt expect bordeaux to loose at home against nante :shock:
There is high chance goal average will decide on who goes to champions league and ricardo may regret his defensive football .
I'm sad for troyes and sedan , they played a beautifull football this season . it's sad to have them go in ligue 2 :(
by the way I'm crossing finguers for montpellier . it would be a shame to have them relegated from ligue 2 so I hope Roland Courbis will succeed .

Last edited:

Yeah I'm not sure why AbdulKader Keita is there either.

He's a good player but wasn't consistent enough. He was great in some games but not very present in others so he wasn't consistent enough to be winning this award and even being nominated for it is probably being generous to him.

After all if he's gonna be nominated for playing good for about 3 months, then his own team-mate Bodmer deserves to be there as well then and I think Bodmer even had more good matches not to forget the immense Jean Makoun!

I'd be happy with Malouda winning Ligue 1 player but also Seydou Keita whom we've talked about before. Very well-rounded, consistent and usually under-appreciated player. Not to mention being a good guy all around, loyal and professional.

Elmander has had a very good season which has seen him linked with so many other clubs as well though he's shown to be a mature loyal player by saying he has no problem staying at Toulouse whom he's loving playing for either.

So I wouldn't mind seeing him win player of the year award either. I think he's worked very hard for it. But I do have a small problem with it. He's not a world-class player and quite far from it in my opinion in fact. He's a good player but far from anything special and if he was to win the 'best' player award of a league as good as Ligue 1, it would kinda under-rate the image of the league and make some people who've watched him before (In Swedish NT and other clubs) but don't regularly follow Ligue 1, think of the league as lower than it really is.

So I'd rather see a true world-class player like Malouda win it but I do appreciate all the hardwork and good matches that Elmander has had this year either and I think he deserves a lot of credit for it.
----------------------------

As for coach of the year, Claude Puel really fucked up in these last weeks of Ligue 1. :shock:

So disappointing ending of the season for LOSC who could find themselves out of Europe altogether next season now. I agree with gib's comments earlier in this thread. Perhaps this is what needed to happen for some of Lille's best players to leave which will be a big loss to them and perhaps even Claude himself could move though I think that's less likely than the likes of Makoun, Odemwingie or Kader Keita possibly moving on.

Ellie Baup is a coach I've always rated. At Les Verts as well, he did very well at first but then seemed to not be able to take the club to the 'next' level and after some arguments with chairman Bernard Caiazzo (from what I hear), he was let go of and joined Toulouse where some Les Verts players like Sable almost FOLLOWED him, they liked Baup so much!

He did a great job for Toulouse this year. I don't think many people will argue that. They had a decent squad who was under-achieving before under crappy managers in previous years but Baup made them not only play as to potential but perhaps even a little above the squad's potential.

I think he could be a good shout for coach of the year. Ricardo getting it won't make me that happy and Perrin has had a very good year exceeding expectations with Sochaux but I still don't rate him much as a manager and won't be impressed with him until I see he can consistently achieve good seasons like this and not a 'one-off' after having some disappointing seasons with other clubs.

So I'd rather see Elie Baup get the award here and I sure hope Mr. Houllier doesn't get it. He's the reason for Lyon's under-achievement this season in my opinion. If Lyon had a great manager like the other great sides in Europe, they'd be finding themselves in at least in Semi-finals of CL regularly and dominate the league with even less 'losses' and 'draws' better goal-difference.

In reality, I hope Houllier leaves and someone else comes in but I think that's unlikely since Mr. Aulas keeps saying he'll be our coach next year. :rolleyes:

----------------------------------

As for 'young' player of the year,

French Youth Int'l and Rennes player, Jimmy Briand is a guy with a lot potential and we've known that for a few seasons already much like Nasri, so it's nothing new. But the problem is, he never has consistently shown himself and his potential in Ligue 1. He did a better job of that this year though compared to previous seasons though where he'd only show glimpses of his ability and quite often be ineffective or 'out of games'.

He's much better at Youth levels than Ligue 1 where he's found it sorta tough so far but that's quite natural and understandable. He needs a couple more seasons to get more settled, used to the pace and physicality of the league and playing with big grown adults and then he could turn out to be a very good player after all because the potential is there.

Still, although none of the youngsters are consistent enough, because of this reason alone, I don't really want to see him win it this year.

Karim Benzema is an absolutely ENORMOUS talent!!!!! If a club was to buy him right now, they'd have to pay a huuuuuuuuuuuuge hefty money like they did for Lyon's already world-class players such as Essien or M. Diarra even though he's not world class yet and much younger! Because this kid is pure potential. I rate him more than any other young forward in the world and he's got all the right tools to become one of the top 3 strikers of the world in future. The pace, power, balance, confidence and coolness in front of goal or while taking penalties even at such young age.

The last time I was THIS impressed with a young forward was Wayne Rooney and of course he turned out to be absolutely great and still has a long way to go before reaching his peak in my opinion and yet he got also ALL THE CRAZY hype he DESERVED.

Benzema is already hugely popular but not as hyped as he could be because playing for Lyon is not a sure thing at all and no matter how well he does, sometimes he finds himself on the bench due to competition with other Int'l players like Fred, Carew and now Baros not to mention Wiltord, Govou and occassionally even OL youngsters such as Remy or Bettiol. And also because he's playing in Ligue 1. If this kid was in England, he'd have already got as much hype and world-wide exposure as Rooney did when he was his age.

So if he had got more playing time and wasn't injured (remember the sad injury he picked up before being picked the 1st time for French NT team, poor guy. :| ) made him miss a couple of months and after that he wasn't the same fit guy we saw in great style at BEGINNING of the season.

I think the kid is gonna be a star, no doubt about it. Only thing that can stop him are freak injuries or some other unusual thing like getting depressed for some reason or something like that...

I think either him or Nasri should get the award since both are among the most talented youngsters in the world and almost certainly future world-class players unless something happens like I said, where as there is some doubt in case of Briand for example as I think he doesn't have AS much potential.

And both have played so well that they are now part of one of the strongest and most competitive national teams in the world.

But I think Samir has played more good matches this year than Karim and so perhaps he would be the best pick for this award this year. Of course it's easier for Nasri to get into OM's starting line up than Karim to get into OL's so that's an advantage for Nasri and since he has more playing time, he also has more time to show himself at the moment.

Either way, I'd be happy no matter which one of the two won it but I think Samir could be probably the slightly better choice for this season.

Dmitri Payet has shown a lot of potential but not as much as Benzema or Nasri yet. I'd like to see him keep this up and perhaps show it even more next year and then he can have a better chance of winning it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So my final picks if I could choose due to reasons given above are:

Best Ligue 1 player - Malouda (But I said I wouldn't mind Seydou Keita getting it either)

Best Coach: Elie Baup

Best Ligue 1 youngster: Samir Nasri (But would certainly not mind Benzema either)

Last edited:

Aulas needs to get rid of Houllier and bring in a top class manager.

Lyon already has one of the best squads in Europe and this year, it'll be further strengthened like usual whether one or two key players leave and some great additions will come (Whether it be in form of Gilardino which I personally don't think is the right move and don't see happening either, I think it's mostly just media speculation, or in form of other players)

In previous years, Lyon has sold one key player each season yet ended up having a better squad because of the money they recouped from that sale and the fact that they strenghtened the squad with several great players.

Ex) Last year: Got rid of M. Diarra who was great but replaced him with 2 great DMF's in form of young super-talent Jeremy Toulalan and his main competition for that position in France NT as well in Alou Diarra.

Now of course Alou Diarra is likely to leave this summer especially if Houllier remains since they have problems and since Alou wants to play regular football which he's unable to do at Lyon and I don't blame him. He's too good of a player to be sitting on bench regularly. He can move to some of the world's biggest clubs and get a regular position.

They also bought Kallstrom who is another quality Int'l player (a bit slow but amazing range of passing, good balance and a great left-foot) and French Int'l CB, Sebastian Squillaci who was needed since Cacapa was getting slower and less sharp (and he won't be at OL next year) so 1 great player left, 4 very good additions came in and squad was better than it was before sale of big player for big money.

The year prior to that, Essien left and with the money, in-came, Brazil's #1 striker, Fred, who still hasn't shown 3/4th of his real potential in Ligue 1 sadly and seems to have taken quite a while to adapt and part of that is due to injuries of course. But French people have not seen the best of Fred yed but only glimpses of what he's capable from time to time.

He's got a lot of potential though and one day can become one of the world's most clinical strikers but so far hasn't proven that in Europe unfortunately but I think eventually will when he fully adapts and can get a bit of luck staying away from injuries and gains all his confidence that he had at Cruzeiro back.

So that year, Essien left and it was Carew, Fred and Tiago (who has been playing some of the best football in his career since joining OL and has rejuvenated his career after a somewhat disappointing stay at chelsea) and the squad was once again better than it was and I'm forgetting one or two other additional good players to squad for that season as well.. I think.

Now this year, I think Abidal will leave for SURE. But Lyon have already bought Nadir Belhadj who is a capable player for the DL and ML position and can take his place even if they were to not buy another DL to replace Abidal.

Malouda is the other big player who might leave which will definitely be a loss but then again, everyone can be replaced when the money you get from your sales are so high and Aulas will always get as much money as possible for the sale of his key players. Otherwise, he might not sell at all. He's an astute business-man. :8):

But whether Malouda leaves or not or Gilaridno comes in or doesn't, it really doesn't matter in my opinion. Because if there's one thing I've learned about Aulas is that he has a plan and he will keep on year by year improving this team as he has done over the past decade. So the details and specifics of who and which player may seem very important in the short-run but in the long-run (Such as end of summer) when you look at the big picture, you'll see that even if great players left, even better players came in and squad is now relatively stronger than it was.

So no matter who comes in or goes, I think at the end of the summer, we'll look back and we'll see that once again, OL maybe has sold one or even maybe 2 key players this year but more than made up for it by bringing in quality replacements and overall strenghtening the club even more in other areas.

It's the coach that is holding them back though in my opinion. If OL wants to reach its ambition, I don't see Houllier being able to take them to CL glory no matter how great of a squad they have. :roll:

EDIT:

Didier Deschamp may be the man who can help OL and that's why there's some speculation in the press that he might be tempted, but I think he should stay at Juve (though I'd like to see him at OL definitely over Houllier) because he's now got them back in Serie A and an exciting year could be ahead for him in Serie A. :)

Last edited:

PLF, you're absolutely right about Lyon's great management and their ability in finding always the right men for the right position and of course i understand market rules....
but, nontheless, i would be sad to see lyon without abidal and malouda next year...... exactly as i was sad when diarra left :(

did something happen between lyon's management and cacapa? i heard they had some "troubles" with him.

edit: i hard also some rumours about puel going to lyon.... is there any truth in it?

Last edited:

I don't know if there is any real truth in that, my friend but I kinda hope there is.

But I say: "Kinda" because since I'm not an OL fan but a Ligue 1 fan, even if that move happens, it'll be a 'win' in one case and a 'loss' in another.

Then I could see OL really playing up to potential in CL under guidance of Claude Puel and dominate Ligue 1 even more, but on the other hand, I'm almost SURE that LOSC (Lille) will suffer BADLY without Puel.

They're a good team, have a lot of good players who are just under-rated in terms of (World popularity, and not ability) but still, the main reason they've been making a name for themselves in France and Europe in these past few years has been Claude I think.

If he leaves, I think Lille could end up being a mid-table mediocre team within a few seasons and no longer a side capable of possibly even challenging for title and aiming for European places let alone CL.

So, yes in a way, I hope those rumours are true and Puel would go to OL, but in another way, I don't want to see the 'bad' of anyone and if Puel does leave, I think LOSC will find it very hard to replace him. Much harder than if they were to replace any key players they sell.

----------------------

About being sad about departures, I can understand what you mean 'lo zio'. For example, last year, as Thomas can confirm as well, I really was hoping Mahamadou Diarra wouldn't leave. And was a bit sad when I heard it finally will happen.

And similarly this year, of course I will be sad to see Malouda leave the league if it happens (Though he said, he will meet with Aulas and Jean-Michel will still have a chance to convince him to stay and that his mind isn't made up but he has some very good offers which are hard to refuse), but what I was trying to say above and I will re-iterate is that, I don't think it's worth getting sad over. ;)

Because OL fans have not much to worry about. History has proven that under Aulas, you have an ambitious, powerful leader whom although many may not like (Much like Mr. Zamparini ;) ), has done a lot of great things for hte club and will continue to ensure of progress.

So Malouda is a player I actually like more than M. Diarra but I think this year, I will get even less sad about it if he leaves because I know there is not much to worry about and that even one or two key players leaves, things could still end up even better than they were before. :)

As for Abidal, he's a very good left-back. One of the most effective in Europe right now but I don't think he's irreplacable. He's good but not great and has his weaknesses (Going forward for example, he's not as big a threat as many other great left backs of this world, though I myself generally prefer a full-back to be solid defensively and okay going forward than the other way around which the Brazilians are fond of producing. ;) :p)

Furthermore, he's somewhat injury prone, so whatever club for around 13M (which I hear is his Min Fee Release Clause in contract) will be getting a good player and very athletic but there's some risk in it as he sometimes gets long-term injuries and can be out of action for a while.

So I think Lyon will do a fine job replacing Abidal. It won't be hard and he won't be that missed. Malouda will definitely be a big loss though especially because of all the stuff I said before (The way he works for the team, it's not just his assists or goals that will be missed but defensive and overall work-rate and involvedness as well), but I'm sure Aulas will either convince him to stay or if not, sell for a BIG amount of money which will be enough to bring in not just one but 2 more quality players and add to the squad. :)

-----------------------------------------

About cacapa, there was some disagreements about contracts apparently but that's sorta routine for some clubs like Lyon and Arsenal which have policies to offer only 'short' term contracts to older players. Lyon's policy isn't as strict as Arsenal's but apparently they wanted to offer Cacapa only one more year extention (just like they did last year) but he wanted 2 and a new challenge anyway.

I kinda got the feeling, that Cacapa at this older age and also having been through a lot of injuries over the past few years is sorta also a bit 'tired' of constant 'pressure' of playing for OL and always being expected to win and the overall physicalness of the league.

I think at this stage of his career, he's rather earn just as much money but play in a less competitive atmosphere.

I would NOT be surprised if we see Cacapa move to one of the 3 big Greek clubs for example or go to SPL to play for Rangers/Celtic or maybe even Turkey to play for a club like Besiktas.

I think that's the sorta plan he has. To move to a club like Olympiakos, enjoy some success as Rivaldo is doing but play in a less intense atmosphere with lower expectations and weaker opponents.

And I'm glad to see him leave anyway. He was a good servant for the club but people know that I've been saying he's not good enough for OL's 1st team anymore for less couple of years already. He had gotten slow, injury-prone, and made mistakes. Him playing beside Cris made the wonderfuly baldy shine even more. :D

Finally, this year when Squillaci was bought and more or less established himself in first team, Cacapa was now sitting on bench even when not injured and sometimes fit. He obviously didn't like that either.

So you add that, the contract stuff and the stage of his career that he's in, and the fact that he's no longer gonna be in OL is hardly a surprise and in my opinion should've happened even one year earlier probably. ;)

Anyway, gotta go now.

Talk to you guys later.

By the way, I was reading "Serie A" thread yesterday and I saw some talk about Barzagli and how some of the guys like Milanista were fearing he might be another Legrotagglie, and I definitely have some things to say about that because there's a big difference but I'll save that for the other thread and get to it perhaps when I can.

So I may start posting in "Serie A" thread a bit from now on and I might see you guys there. :)

Latez.

i perfectly got your point about puel, mate. Me too, i'm not a lyon's fan...
but this could also give us a chance to discover a "new Puel" (even if i know it won't be easy), and moreover, claude really deserves to guide a team like lyon (:applause: ).
i just hope losc won't loose that great "identity" they built in the past few years.

About big players departures, you're right, but u know, when such an amazing team loose some key players, u always try to "console yourself" by remembering the achievements they accomplished in the past years...... now i won't underestimate ligue 1 (at all, coz i love this championship and i had the chance to know this league even better, also thanks to lyon's great football), but i just can't stop thinking it was a real pity that this team, theese players (toghether) didn't win the CL in the past few years :(
i guess is some sort of melancholy... like when a couple breaks out, and u think to all those beautiful moments that couple lived :roll: .

and even if every player is "replacable", i just can't see another player taking malouda's place.... exactly as i couldn't see another player taking mahamadou's place :( .

under Aulas, you have an ambitious, powerful leader whom although many may not like (Much like Mr. Zamparini ), has done a lot of great things for hte club and will continue to ensure of progress.

:lol: :lol: :lol: such an appropriate comparison mate! that's exactly the same thing i thought this year.... those 2 guys really have similar characters and attitudes.. both in good and bad aspects :mrgreen: :D

PLF, you're absolutely right about Lyon's great management and their ability in finding always the right men for the right position and of course i understand market rules....
but, nontheless, i would be sad to see lyon without abidal and malouda next year...... exactly as i was sad when diarra left :(

did something happen between lyon's management and cacapa? i heard they had some "troubles" with him.

edit: i hard also some rumours about puel going to lyon.... is there any truth in it?
for now it's just rumors based on vahid being seen in lille and houiller putting doubts on him staying in Lyon but alson on the Seydoux Brothers . But absolutely no comment from Puel is there so it's early to say if there is any truth on this .

He's the most complete/well-rounded left winger in the world (If anybody disagrees, name me ONE great left winger who is a better all-rounder) since all the other great attacking left wingers in the world have at least one or two definite weaknesses (such as being crap at defence and useless or even harmful when team doesn't have possession of the ball) which he doesn't.

Nedved ;).

Nedved is a LEGEND! :D

I was sooooo happy the day it was announced that he won that prestigious award a few years ago that I was jumping up with joy all day. :D

I was equally saddened though when Zambrotta didn't get that big award :( when for close to 2 years, he was not only undoubtedly the world's best in the full-back position but an absolutely HUGE part of Juve and their success.

But today, Nedved like Giggs and many other former great left-sided players are not at the same level as Malouda anymore although still very good players and much useful to their team.

And those left-wingers who are at Malouda's level today (only a few), aren't as well-rounded which is what I was trying to say. :p

But yeh Nedved is a good shout because he could do it all. Not to mention a HUGE advantage in being two-footed which is not something we can applaud about Malouda. ;)

@Pogoss, What's with the Seydoux brothers?

EDIT:

@lo zio, I know what you mean about it being a shame not having won the CL.

After all, if you think about the team Lyon has had:

Juninho
Mahamadou Diarra
Malouda
Essien
Coupet
Cris
Fred

And youngsters like Benzema, Ben Arfa, etc.

It's almost like a dream team. Some of them remain of course, some aren't there anymore and some great additions have been made in meanwhile. So I think you're right, it'll be so tough to replace Malouda and it'll kinda be sad but their fans can always remember the good moments I suppose and also look forward to many more to come over the next decade. :)

About Zamparini, I think the job he's done for Palermo football club doesn't really need to be talked about. Due to the power he has and ambition, he brought them to top division and made a force out of them. But although he has similarities with Aulas, I think there's definitely differences too.

I mean Aulas can be a little crazy as well but Zamparini is a total nut-case! :mrgreen:

I think Aulas is more professional, has better planning and goal-setting (management), is a better man-manager (People Person skills to treat people right, etc.) while Zamparini is powerful, ambitious and had financial backing but seems a bit like a rude, street-smart sorta guy to me. :p (Aulas is basically like a more educated and French version of him maybe lol... or that's the impression I get)

Not to mention, everyonce in a while he keeps threatening to quit the club! Hahaha!

The differences are there between those two but certainly, there's similarities as well as you noted. ;)

Last edited:

Marseille are 1-0 up! Cisse with a header! :)

Tuta must be loving the game right now..

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yes WELL DONE SOCHAUX aaaaaaaa:lol: :lol: !!!!:applause:

sochaux10aib.png

The winner of Coupe de France 2006/2007 is FC Sochaux-Montbéliard

2-2 after extra time (all 4 headers) and then Sochaux won on penalties. Our pearl Valter Birsa scored the 2nd penalty. :) Download all 4 goals in one rar: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9jvix2

Last edited:

Oh boy, we were shit. Sochaux deserves the win 200 times.

No Marseillais did well except Mbami, Beye and Cisse. The rest was poor.
Emon was shit, why Niang played on the right side ? Why he didn't bring Pagis for the PKs ? Why Ribery couldn't take one ?

But the atmosphere was unbelievable. 75% of Marseille fans, new record of people in the Stade de France.

Now, I hope the team isn't broken and the players has to get the Champions League.

Back
Top Bottom