Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07

Not Roussillon, Dassault, the big Boss. Very bad decisions since he is here. No more "Nantes spirit".

Who is that Tuta?

You can't say Mr. Roussillon is blameless though. And he's somebody the fans want out and have protested against who are the closest to the club and know his role a lot better than I do and probably better than you do as well.

So he's probably just as guilty.

In anycase, I'm convinced, it's not about Nantes' manager anymore but board of directors, chairman and owner and everybody in the backroom basically. You're right. The NANTES SPIRIT is gone. The people who are running the club seem to have lost it somewhere down the line.

It is important for positive changes in backrooms to happen first before any single manager can do much good for "The Canaris".

And I hope that change happens sometime soon because I really don't want to see them in Ligue 2. However having said that, I don't want to see them struggling just for survival season after season either (Like they've been doing recently). So if a relegation is what will fix things, then so be it!

Since 2004, Dassault is the owner. He is only in the business and doesn't want to get involve with the football part.

Unfortunatly, each season, he brings a lot of new players and Nantes had to struggle to avoid Ligue 2.

It's an historic fact (since the mid 90's as far as I remember). When Nantes is active during mercato, the club always had a bad season.

It's not new Nantes has problems. When Moldovan was here, you already could see that without his great talent, the club was becoming "standard". They even had to bring him back once.

But now the Da Rocha and Co are not leaders anymore (and don't play) but it's them and only them who can save Nantes. Once again ... :roll:

Lille-Lyon:
D'oh! I was watching Lille-Lyon, but switched it off at the 80th minute. I just see that Lyon scored two times when I switched it off. Big suprise 'cause Lyon didn't impress me that much and especially Fred and Squillaci were weak IMO. Now I see that they both scored :lol:

If Lille will keep playing like this, they will give Man. Utd. a hard time

Last edited:

I won't say Paris was lucky but Nancy was unlucky.
Line referees are blind in France, they are useless.
But Congrats Paris, this victory is maybe the most important of the season.

A team, to avoid Ligue 2, is going to need 42-43 points. You'll never see that in serie A :D.

Damn... I was hoping Lille could score a win over Lyon again. :|

That would've closed the gap further and maybe give Lille some chance to make things a little interesting in dying stages of Ligue 1 later on. But now Lyon have not only extended the lead at top of the table but also done it against the only team that could potentially maybe just maybe give them a little bit of headache.

Oh well... I didn't see the match so I don't know what the deserved result was (a draw probably) but good job by L'OL again I suppose. This will help their confidence recover even more since it's now 2 victories in a row (even though it's 2 close victories against Lorient and now LOSC) after that horrible run in January and early part of February, ahead of their all important and probably exciting match against Roma this mid-week.

St-Etienne 1-3 Rennes

Amazing victory :applause: :8): :D \\:o/ And to think we were without Didot, Mensah, Bourillon, Jeunechamp, Edman, Thomert etc :lol:

And Nice seem to be in good form. They are now 18th, only one point below Troyes :)

I won't say Paris was lucky but Nancy was unlucky.
Line referees are blind in France, they are useless.
But Congrats Paris, this victory is maybe the most important of the season.

A team, to avoid Ligue 2, is going to need 42-43 points. You'll never see that in serie A :D.
to me the unfair PK changed the game .
what about you ? are you optimistic for marseille's game ? they say the line up will be like this :
equipespropablesbs3.png

I personnally think zairi will play on the left .

- For me too, the PK changes the game but in games like that, where a keeper stops everything, you can be sure the leading team won't win. And Paris was able to profit of this situation.

- And for tonight, 2-0. Pagis * 2. If we score in 1st half, we can't lose.

You can't dominate more. I don't understand my team.

When they have to shoot, the team is too collective.
When a player is ALONE, another one shoot from 25m.
WTF ????

It's a 6-0 this game, not a poor 0-0.

It's just umbelievable to not score with more than 15 shots. And don't talk about Barthez. Most of the shots where on him. When they weren't, it was save by the bar or a player.

I think I'm going to cry...

Damn... I was hoping Lille could score a win over Lyon again. :|

That would've closed the gap further and maybe give Lille some chance to make things a little interesting in dying stages of Ligue 1 later on. But now Lyon have not only extended the lead at top of the table but also done it against the only team that could potentially maybe just maybe give them a little bit of headache.

Oh well... I didn't see the match so I don't know what the deserved result was (a draw probably) but good job by L'OL again I suppose. This will help their confidence recover even more since it's now 2 victories in a row (even though it's 2 close victories against Lorient and now LOSC) after that horrible run in January and early part of February, ahead of their all important and probably exciting match against Roma this mid-week.

I've just finished watching the match, couldn't watch live so avoided the score until i got to watch it.

Well my opinion is that Lille did not deserve to lose on Friday, for 80 minutes they were the better team, chasing every ball, closing down Lyon brilliantly, some nice passing, was a good performance, and a nice goal for Audel to get.

Then Lyon get a Free Kick the wall was all over the place, it was layed off to Fred, for the first time noone chased down the ball, and Fred hit a wonderful strike into the top corner, Good Goal, Bad Defending.

The a few minutes later, another Free Kick, good ball in, a lucky deflection on Squillaci's head/back and it loops ever so slowly over Sylvas head.

Lille deserved a draw if not all 3 points.

I'm worried for them for Tuesday, getting goals is becoming an issue, Bodmer seems the only big goal threat, Odemwngie is out of sorts, Youla injured, Audel has 1 goal in 2 years, the midfield have to step up if they have any chance.

You can't dominate more. I don't understand my team.

When they have to shoot, the team is too collective.
When a player is ALONE, another one shoot from 25m.
WTF ????

It's a 6-0 this game, not a poor 0-0.

It's just umbelievable to not score with more than 15 shots. And don't talk about Barthez. Most of the shots where on him. When they weren't, it was save by the bar or a player.

I think I'm going to cry...
as you say the only real danger on barthez was saved by a defender on the right post . on the other side they hit the bar as well but it's true that marseille dominated .
but to dominate at home against a team who come to take 1 point is just normal , the fact that you didn't score means a failure . ribery wasn't as good as we used to see and it seemed to me that nasry was far better in this game . he's getting pretty good .
on nante's side I wished to see more of zairi whom I haven't seen play for more than a year (he didn't play much anyway) it's too bad he got subbed on the half time , I couldn't understand why as he wasn't too shabby . I think he should have played on the left side instead of capoue who's not good . the only reason I can see for his replacement is the fact that he seemed a bit nervous and I think the referee could have given him a yellow card in the first half (especially for his late tackle on nasry's foot) .

I'm very sad because on the last four games we deserve 12 should points. It's difficult when you play well and only take 2 points. I think the team is going to lose control.

And yeah Ribéry was totally useless. He always tries complicated dribble which stop our counter attacks.

Zairi was really average he never beat taiwo on one on one plus did a pathetic dive:lol: and i think der zakarian wanted a more powerfull player to counter Taiwo(olichey he was as shit as zairi)
i would be a om fan i wouldn't be to worry cos given the amount of chances you get in a game it's impossible the luck does not turn in you way!!

Zairi was really average he never beat taiwo on one on one plus did a pathetic dive:lol: and i think der zakarian wanted a more powerfull player to counter Taiwo(olichey he was as shit as zairi)
i would be a om fan i wouldn't be to worry cos given the amount of chances you get in a game it's impossible the luck does not turn in you way!!

yeah he've completely lost his condition and acceleration I was surprised as well . he needs more games , he didn't play even one complete game for 2 years . I was satisfied because I didn't even expect him to be average .

Has there been any hint in the French media about what Lyon may call their new stadium when it gets built?

We all know they'll be building a new one to match their ambitions which is gonna hold somewhere around 55000-60000 and Aulas said that they'll be using some of the money from the investment (now that OL is on stock market) to help build that state of the art stadium and shopping complex they have in mind.

But is there any news on when that might be ready and what it'll be called.

I've heard something funny like "OL Land" :lol: and maybe around 2011.

OL Land is true but it's not the stadium. It's a project of 400-450 millions euros (250 for the stadium only).

- 70 hectares
- tramway line
- a stadium of 60 000 places
- a training
- 2 hostels
- some offices
- a leasure area
- shops
- a gym
- a swimming pool
- a fitness center

It will be for events too and the designers of the Emirates stadium are in charge of the architecture.
The name of the stadium will go to a big international society.

So it's a big mail with a stadium inside :D. Yes, JMA had a dream which is going to come true.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Yeah total respect to Nice they've done great to pull themselves out of relagation.

However if Sylva had just either turned the shot wide or even better caught it, Lille would have had a point.

And something to think about when watching Lille, last 3 games Lille have conceded a goal in the 83-84th minute

83' Fred
83' Giggs
84' Kone

Maybe a problem there with last 10 minutes of games, or just a weird coincedence

Yeah total respect to Nice they've done great to pull themselves out of relagation.
Cheers, the last few weeks were amazing. I hope we keep on going like that and avoid the relegation at the end of the season. :)

I wish I could see more of their matches this season. :(

@roti: You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom