50 [2:1] Piquionne
82 [3:1] Gallardo
85 [4:1] Rodriguez
87 [4:2] Koller

Nice now won twice in 2 weeks. :)

Last edited:
Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07

Congrats to OGC NIcccccccccccceeeeeee!!

It was clear that things would start picking up and slowly turning around for them at one point after a lot of bad luck with refs and other stuff earlier in the season. It looks like that time may be now... let's hope they keep it up a little bit. I'd hate to see Mr. Antonetti and the rest of the Nice boys who've played a lot of good attacking football at times over the past 2 years and entertained a lot of us (Hell sometimes with 3 forwards), go down.

I have always hoped since beginning of the season and still do, that they do avoid the drop. Though having said that, I wouldn't be happy seeing other clubs relegated either except one or two, I have to say. :|

nante 2 - 5 valencienne !
barthez effect :lol:
savidan scored 4 goals against barthez as frei did before him and is now the top scorer .

:lol: :mrgreen:

I have always hoped since beginning of the season and still do, that they do avoid the drop. Though having said that, I wouldn't be happy seeing other clubs relegated either except one or two, I have to say. :|
I hope they really do avoid the drop.

Allez l'ogym!

Btw, I just found a cool fan site with fan pics, chants, videos etc.

I don't really care who the kit manufacturer is. As long as there are red and black stripes on the home kit I'm satisfied. :ram:

we want names ! :lol:
lol... well I wouldn't actually care that much what'd happen at end of the season because what I want most always, is fairness.

And a loooong season consisting of 38 matches (19 home and 19 away) is the most fair and best way to determine how strong each team is. (Unlike knockout competitions where luck and a lot of other factors can play a bigger role since there is less time for things to even out on avg)

So as a neutral who isn't a fan of any particular club but also doesn't hate any but is a fan of the league in general, I'd be happy no matter what happened cuz if a team really does finish in those last positions, they probably deserved to go down after all despite of course having some bad luck through-out the season. (Every team gets some good and bad ref decisions and some good and bad luck after all through a long season)

Having said that, when I wrote the post above, I meant mainly Sedan.

Not because I have anything against them but because if they did, I really wouldn't care. Chances are if they don't, they may next year or the year after anyway as they are a small club after all and not with a lot of ambition. (Valenciennes is an even smaller one. Their stadium size and facility tells you quite a bit about it too :p and to be honest there are at least 5-6 bigger clubs than them in Ligue 2 right now!) but of course I want and care most about FAIRNESS first. So if Valenciennes keeps playing well like they did at Nantes, then they deserve to avoid the drop and I'd be happy in that case to see them do that.

I would on the other hand be a bit sad if OGC Nice were to be relegated. Just like 2 years ago when Nantes and Bordeaux escaped regulation on what I think was the last day of the season , I felt relieved despite being a neutral. Why? Because they are two of France's traditionally bigger clubs and with some real achievements in their long-list of resume and some real history. Large number of fans fairly (compared to Sedan and Valenciennes anyway) and therefore some pressure for the club board members to do well and buy better players and bring quality ones to Ligue 1 in order to make the competition better. (And they did just that with purchase of Yepes for example, etc. etc. throughout the years)

No offense therefore then to Sedan or Valenciennes but they don't at the end of the season no matter how well they do, look like they have the ambition nor financial means to maybe bring one or two extra quality players to Ligue 1 as a Bordeaux or Nantes might.

The best example of a team I'd VERY MUCH hate to see go down despite not being a fan and a neutral viewer of the league is "Athletic Club de Bilbao" in La Liga.

For me and undoubtedly many including a lot of the Spaniards, if they leave the division, La Liga will be missing something. No, it won't be a big piece of the puzzle and not affect a lot of people (especially casuals who only care or watch the big teams anyway) but there'll be some missing element that we're so used to seeing by now and is an established part of La Liga which is probably the best league in the world. That different element of ALL-BASQUE players/team, harmony and mentality and the red and white jersey and San Mames stadium.

Not to mention the club has such a proud history. Silver-wares and notes on resume such as never being relegated before! The only teams not to have been along with the 2 giants that are Barca and Real Madrid.

So if they went down for example, that would make me sad. Because it'll in some ways take something away from the league that no other team could give/does give and as a result, the league's variety and flair would be reduced a bit and therefore a little less 'special' and entertaining to watch.

Paris sg and ????:lol:
Hell no, I don't want them relegated! And I don't think they will.

Why would I want PSG down? :-s
It's not like I'm an OM Fan. I don't even dislike PSG let alone hate them. I like PSG just as much as OM and just as much as Lyon and as much as Sedan and Nice.

I want them to stay up just like how I'd hate to see Monaco or OM or another traditionally bigger team like Bordeaux or Nantes relegated. Why? Because PSG is one of the few teams that has the financial power and ambition to make some good foreign signings and make the league more exciting.

They under-achieve of course and have been doing for a number of years but I don't care about that. That's something for their fans to be worried about. All I care about is the fact that despite the lack of success, PSG is a fairly big club and will be able to attract and make signings like Ronaldinho and Gallardo and internationally quality players like that from time to time and bring them in to the league. And that's good news for me since I'm a fan of the league and not any club.

Sedan for example, won't be capable of doing that and a lot of other clubs in France couldn't either. Lyon, PSG, OM, Monaco and to a lesser extent, Bordeaux and some other clubs may be able to.

Therefore for me, I want PSG out of the trouble they're in and to avoid the drop and hopefully build for a much stronger team and a successful season next year under Le Guen. If OM or Monaco were in same situation, I'd be hoping for the same for them. It is important that clubs like that stay in the league because without them, the league as a whole will suffer somewhat not just in entertainment and rivalry but in quality as well.

So having said all this, it doesn't mean I don't like 'small' clubs (Look at Lorient, I like them thanks to the rep they've made for themselves this year and their performances, I also like Troyes because they play good entertaining football most of the time because of players they have such as Nivet or Lachuer and their manager). It doesn't mean I'd be angry if Sedan stayed up either. Like I said, I care FIRST and FOREMOST about "Fairness". So if Sedan play well enough consistently for rest of season and EARN to stay in Ligue 1 while PSG or Nice or another team doesn't, then by all means, I'd like to see them relegated and Sedan stay.

But if they don't, then I wouldn't be sad to see them drop down as I would be for above mentioned reasons with certain other clubs like PSG or Nice.

Okay... a lot bigger post than I meant :p to put here considering the lack of time I have but that should make things clear from my perspective now. :)

Bye guys.

Honestly, it's bad luck. The game changed because of 2 facts :

1st - Pieroni should have scored a 1-1 just before half time. Even if Penneteau was great, it's not right to miss a 1-on-1 when everybody counts on you.

2nd - A ref decision was hard. He sent off a canari for almost nothing compare to a foul made by a Valenciennois !

If Nantes continue to play the same but WITH a defense :D, they can avoid Ligue 2.

But Savidan was just amazing 4 goals, 1 assist : 9,5/10 in L'Equipe. It's very, very, very rare.

Tonight Marseille will try to win in Bordeaux. Last win was almost 30 years ago (77-78)..... So, we'll not win because it's a Ligue 1 tradition :lol:.

And a loooong season consisting of 38 matches (19 home and 19 away) is the most fair and best way to determine how strong each team is. (Unlike knockout competitions where luck and a lot of other factors can play a bigger role since there is less time for things to even out on avg)

This is sooo true, look at Lille last night, Lost to a Own Goal from Plestan, it was only 2 weeks ago We won a game with an own goal from Chamakh.

It's true what they say "What Goes Around Comes Around"

Thats the greatest thing about league football, everything evens out, you can never say a team didn't deserve to go down in such a long space of time.

lol... well I wouldn't actually care that much what'd happen at end of the season because what I want most always, is fairness.

So as a neutral who isn't a fan of any particular club but also doesn't hate any but is a fan of the league in general, I'd be happy no matter what happened cuz if a team really does finish in those last positions, they probably deserved to go down after all despite of course having some bad luck through-out the season. (Every team gets some good and bad ref decisions and some good and bad luck after all through a long season)

Having said that, when I wrote the post above, I meant mainly Sedan.

Not because I have anything against them but because if they did, I really wouldn't care. Chances are if they don't, they may next year or the year after anyway as they are a small club after all and not with a lot of ambition. (Valenciennes is an even smaller one. Their stadium size and facility tells you quite a bit about it too :p and to be honest there are at least 5-6 bigger clubs than them in Ligue 2 right now!) but of course I want and care most about FAIRNESS first. So if Valenciennes keeps playing well like they did at Nantes, then they deserve to avoid the drop and I'd be happy in that case to see them do that.

I would on the other hand be a bit sad if OGC Nice were to be relegated. Just like 2 years ago when Nantes and Bordeaux escaped regulation on what I think was the last day of the season , I felt relieved despite being a neutral. Why? Because they are two of France's traditionally bigger clubs and with some real achievements in their long-list of resume and some real history. Large number of fans fairly (compared to Sedan and Valenciennes anyway) and therefore some pressure for the club board members to do well and buy better players and bring quality ones to Ligue 1 in order to make the competition better. (And they did just that with purchase of Yepes for example, etc. etc. throughout the years)

No offense therefore then to Sedan or Valenciennes but they don't at the end of the season no matter how well they do, look like they have the ambition nor financial means to maybe bring one or two extra quality players to Ligue 1 as a Bordeaux or Nantes might.

The best example of a team I'd VERY MUCH hate to see go down despite not being a fan and a neutral viewer of the league is "Athletic Club de Bilbao" in La Liga.

For me and undoubtedly many including a lot of the Spaniards, if they leave the division, La Liga will be missing something. No, it won't be a big piece of the puzzle and not affect a lot of people (especially casuals who only care or watch the big teams anyway) but there'll be some missing element that we're so used to seeing by now and is an established part of La Liga which is probably the best league in the world. That different element of ALL-BASQUE players/team, harmony and mentality and the red and white jersey and San Mames stadium.

Not to mention the club has such a proud history. Silver-wares and notes on resume such as never being relegated before! The only teams not to have been along with the 2 giants that are Barca and Real Madrid.

So if they went down for example, that would make me sad. Because it'll in some ways take something away from the league that no other team could give/does give and as a result, the league's variety and flair would be reduced a bit and therefore a little less 'special' and entertaining to watch.

Hell no, I don't want them relegated! And I don't think they will.

Why would I want PSG down? :-s
It's not like I'm an OM Fan. I don't even dislike PSG let alone hate them. I like PSG just as much as OM and just as much as Lyon and as much as Sedan and Nice.

I want them to stay up just like how I'd hate to see Monaco or OM or another traditionally bigger team like Bordeaux or Nantes relegated. Why? Because PSG is one of the few teams that has the financial power and ambition to make some good foreign signings and make the league more exciting.

They under-achieve of course and have been doing for a number of years but I don't care about that. That's something for their fans to be worried about. All I care about is the fact that despite the lack of success, PSG is a fairly big club and will be able to attract and make signings like Ronaldinho and Gallardo and internationally quality players like that from time to time and bring them in to the league. And that's good news for me since I'm a fan of the league and not any club.

Sedan for example, won't be capable of doing that and a lot of other clubs in France couldn't either. Lyon, PSG, OM, Monaco and to a lesser extent, Bordeaux and some other clubs may be able to.

Therefore for me, I want PSG out of the trouble they're in and to avoid the drop and hopefully build for a much stronger team and a successful season next year under Le Guen. If OM or Monaco were in same situation, I'd be hoping for the same for them. It is important that clubs like that stay in the league because without them, the league as a whole will suffer somewhat not just in entertainment and rivalry but in quality as well.

So having said all this, it doesn't mean I don't like 'small' clubs (Look at Lorient, I like them thanks to the rep they've made for themselves this year and their performances, I also like Troyes because they play good entertaining football most of the time because of players they have such as Nivet or Lachuer and their manager). It doesn't mean I'd be angry if Sedan stayed up either. Like I said, I care FIRST and FOREMOST about "Fairness". So if Sedan play well enough consistently for rest of season and EARN to stay in Ligue 1 while PSG or Nice or another team doesn't, then by all means, I'd like to see them relegated and Sedan stay.

But if they don't, then I wouldn't be sad to see them drop down as I would be for above mentioned reasons with certain other clubs like PSG or Nice.

Okay... a lot bigger post than I meant :p to put here considering the lack of time I have but that should make things clear from my perspective now. :)

Bye guys.
:shock:
quite a long way to say "sedan" :lmao:
well I'm quite a traditional one and have opposit wishes , I want the big clubs down and the small ones up . the classic victory of david against goliath is the senario I prefere in football . :p
Paris sg and ????:lol:
:lol:

:shock:
well I'm quite a traditional one and have opposit wishes , I want the big clubs down and the small ones up . the classic victory of david against goliath is the senario I prefer in football . :p:lol:

So do i...
I quite like French football, but i don't like PSG and L'OM....

Neither do I. Like I said, I don't like PSG or OM any better than I like Sedan. But because I'm a fan of the league and want to get entertained as much as possible, it makes sense that I'd rather see Sedan relegated over PSG due to reasons mentioned above.
So that is not to say, I like PSG or OM and don't enjoy seeing them struggle, under-achieve and lose to sides they should be beating. :mrgreen: I do enjoy that. :p

But for them to be relegated is something that will take away from the quality of the league and since I'm a fan of the league before any particular teams, it makes sense that I don't want to see that happen. :)

This is sooo true, look at Lille last night, Lost to a Own Goal from Plestan, it was only 2 weeks ago We won a game with an own goal from Chamakh.

It's true what they say "What Goes Around Comes Around"

Thats the greatest thing about league football, everything evens out, you can never say a team didn't deserve to go down in such a long space of time.
I can't even BEGIN to talk about HOW BIG OF A FAN I am of LEAGUE football!! It is the great things ever invented about this beautiful sport. I love it. I'm its BIGGEST Fan.

It is CLEARLY and undoubtedly the best way to determine how great each team is in comparison to others. Who the best is. Who the weakest is.

If CL was in league-format (which it can't be obviously but in an ideal world when players wouldn't get tired and there was no limit on time, let's suppose it could be), then we'd never have Liverpool win the CL 2 years ago and Arsenal make it into finals of Champions-League when they clearly weren't a very good side and barely managed to clinch that 4th place in their own country even on last day!

Knock out competition is the reason, lower league teams can beat top division ones in FA Cup and why a side like Lyon (clearly much stronger than last year's Arsenal or even previous year's winner, Liverpool) will get knocked out of CL in 1/8th round while those 2 make the finals.

Because luck and who you draw as opponent plays a big role but also things such as injuries, own goals, bad referring, etc. don't have time to come back and even out as they do through-out a season.

LENS 3:1 SOCHAUX
28' [1 - 0] V. Hilton
30' [2 - 0] S. Keita
58' [3 - 0] A. Dindane
85' [3 - 1] D. Tosic

BORDEAUX 1:0 MARSEILLE
75' [1 - 0] J. Faubert

Faubert helps maintain a Ligue 1 tradition! :mrgreen:

Good to see 3 key Lens players from different position lines (Hilton - defence, Seydou Keita - Midfield and Aruna Dindane - FW) score.

---------------------------------

Anybody got a clip of Fred's goal against Lorient? I heard it was a good one.

p.s. What's this thing I hear about OL, Aulas and Stock Exchange? :-s

I'm so disapointted. For once, we played well and shot twice more than Bordeaux but Cissé cost us the 3 points in 1st half.
We did a great job but when you can't score the 1st, you let the opposent in the game and sooner or later you pay. Damn, we were better, arrgggggg!!!!

And again, the goal comes from a FK like the last 4 games and 4/5 goals this season.

I'm sure we'll win next year.

Last edited:

I'm so disapointted. For once, we played well and shot twice more than Bordeaux but Cissé cost us the 3 points in 1st half.
We did a great job but when you can't score the 1st, you let the opposent in the game and sooner or later you pay. Damn, we were better, arrgggggg!!!!

And again, the goal comes from a FK like the last 4 games and 4/5 goals this season.

I'm sure we'll win next year.
I've seen the game and Chamakh didn't shoot even once :shock:

maybe he was exausted after the national team derby . it was a hard game physically .
edit : eo has beed fired now . the duo ndoram and der zakarian will replace him .

Last edited:

I think it's stupid to change coach now especially to take someone from the club . they could have changed during the mercato so that the new coach choose the recruit . maybe he wouldn't have wanted wilhemson and boukhari out , maybe he would choosed someone else than zairi who didn't play for 2 years .

It's just a tactical move.

When they changed coach in september, they beat Marseille the next match. They want to do the same this week-end. :D

But it won't happen this time.

funny Nantes:roll: they have named a guy who has totally failed with his recruitment(boukhari,Stockovic,williemsson)and now they think he hasn't done enough by picking him(n'doram):roll: the road for the L2 is open for Nantes

:-x #-o :ram: Rudi Roussillon MUST GO :ram: #-o :-x

p.s. Thomas or another French guy, answer my question in last post which is in bold.

@Scratch, thanks. Haven't watched it yet but will now.

:-x #-o :ram: Rudi Roussillon MUST GO :ram: #-o :-x

p.s. Thomas or another French guy, answer my question in last post which is in bold.

@Scratch, thanks. Haven't watched it yet but will now.

definitely!!!!!!!!he 's the main reason why Nantes have failed so far!!!!

Back
Top Bottom