Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07

Ahahah Bernard Lacombe is awsommmmme !!!

I'm very angry after the referee because they changed yesterday's result. Nelly Viennot always, yes always, does a bad job during our games. Why ? Is she really bad ? She doesn't like Marseille ? She wants to punish us for something ?

At 0-1 it was over. We never lost after scoring 1st. Pathetic.

Great match between Lens and Saint - Etienne. :8): I hope I can find it somewhere on the web so I can watch it again.

Ahahah Bernard Lacombe is awsommmmme !!!

I'm very angry after the referee because they changed yesterday's result. Nelly Viennot always, yes always, does a bad job during our games. Why ? Is she really bad ? She doesn't like Marseille ? She wants to punish us for something ?

At 0-1 it was over. We never lost after scoring 1st. Pathetic.
I tought the voice was famillar . so it was bernad lacombe ? he's the lame part of the commentary licking and licking again . he's commenting like a 10 year old kid "put the ball front ! be there , be on front to have the ball on front !" :lmao:

dunno how that Marseille goal was disallowed. at least 2 yards onside. 2nd half was pretty poor though, couldn't really create anything.

I watched Saint - Etienne go 3-0 up then put on my xbox 360. gutted I missed the great 2nd half.

Grégorini left the club and we got the average Lionel Letizi. :eh: Btw, I was watching Jour de foot on Sunday and I'm wondering if I understood correctly that Nice will get a new president?

p.s. I get to see the cup tie between Marseille and Lyon today on France 3. I hope it's a good match. :)

Btw, I was watching Jour de foot on Sunday and I'm wondering if I understood correctly that Nice will get a new president?

They already got a new president just after their last defeat (Toulouse). With Antonetti still in charge, I think they love him.

1st time I see a president fired by shareholders instead of the coach.

WE WANT A TROPHY !!!

Marseille - Lyon : 2-1 Coupe de France
Cris 18'
Pagis 87'
Niang 91'

Awesome game. Situation changed all the time. Atmosphere is amazing right now !!! Great coaching by Emon (entering the 2 scorers). It was hard, we didn't play well, but deserved because of a great spirit.

Congreat OM!!you beat the cunts!! but you were lucky to finish the game with 11 players!!!:shock:
ribery should have been sent off after he punched thiago's face!!but he feigned an injury and was so so lucky to escape it

Couldn't watch the match (was out) but congrats to OM on this big victory. If there's one thing, Lyon really wanted this season was cup success and by not allowing them that now, OM really has ruined their morale somewhat :D which is only a good thing for rest of France.

@Nice, Gregorini was somewhat avg too though. Anyways you have Lloris who seems like a very promising young goalie and Letizi is a great guy, just not a very good player. :p

He's a good goalie actually in terms of stopping shots, etc. but often loses concentration or makes silly mistakes that he shouldn't. Nonetheless I really like the guy (As a person - not a player).

p.s. Yes, I heard Maurice Cohen left and they installed a new young chairman but it seems after only 2 days, he's back! :shock: :lol:

Apparently not in the same exact position though but mostly concentrating on the 'outside' part of the club (not inside)from now on but I may be wrong.

Hmm, I didn't know Letizi is actually a nice guy. :p Maybe he can give the young Lloris a moral boost. If that happens the transfer isn't as bad as I first thought it was.

Btw, congrats tuta, ALAIN and all the other Marseille fans. The game was pretty average for most of the game, but the last 20 minutes or so were phenomenal. And ALAIN, you're right. You're lucky to finish the game with 10 men after Ribery's stupid act (lucky for him and OM, the refs didn't see it) and also Cana's Juninho trip. I actually thought that's gonna be a second yellow for him.

There was no need for the referee to send them off as he controled the game very well. And that's also why a lot of yellow won't be given to Lyon. They weren't nice guys too...

I really think Lyon only depends on Juninho and at the moment he isn't a leader anymore (his 1st freekicks were jocks) and a big cheat when his plans are not working. Malouda tries his best but he's alone. The sell of M. Diarra was a big lose but Cris is still the best defender of the league.

I pissed as Setanta decided to show Leverkusen vs Bremen instead. Great win and saw the goals this morning!

the defending for the Lyon goal was shocking. OM gotta be favourites for the Cup. Is this GH first mini crisis as manager at Lyon?

Last edited:

There was no need for the referee to send them off as he controled the game very well. And that's also why a lot of yellow won't be given to Lyon. They weren't nice guys too...

It 's not a matter of" he controlled the game or not"the thing is if someone punchs the face of someone else it 's a straight red card!!and i agree with tou Lyon weren' t nice too

22 Bleus for France vs Argentina

- Grégory Coupet (Olympique Lyonnais)
- Mickaël Landreau (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Eric Abidal (Olympique Lyonnais)
- François Clerc (Olympique Lyonnais)
- Julien Escudé (FC Séville)
- Patrice Evra (Manchester United)
- Gaël Givet (AS Monaco)
- Philippe Mexès (AS Rome)
- Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich)
- Sébastien Squillaci (Olympique Lyonnais)
- Lilian Thuram (Barcelone)
- Claude Makelele (Chelsea)
- Rio Antonio Mavuba (Girondins de Bordeaux)
- Jérérmy Toulalan (Olympique Lyonnais)
- Patrick Vieira (Inter Milan)
- Nicolas Anelka (Bolton Wanderers)
- Djibril Cissé (Olympique de Marseille)
- Sidney Govou (Olympique Lyonnais)
- Thierry Henry (Arsenal)
- Florent Malouda (Olympique Lyonnais)
- Franck Ribéry (Olympique de Marseille)
- David Trezeguet (Juventus de Turin)

Gallas and Wiltord injured, but fuck, why no Bodmer ?!

Last edited:

@Total, Alain isn't an OM fan. Quite the opposite actually! :mrgreen:

@Thomas and gib, yeh WHAT THE FUCK!!! If there was ever a time a player DESERVED a call-up would've been one for Bodmer now. But no this f'n Domenech bastard goes with pretty much no logic or his astrology crap! Picks guys like Anelka, Cisse and Govou even though all 3 are good but not very good and should probably not make the full team for serious matches later when everyone is fit.

Bodmer should've been in! Also let's remember Alou Diarra only isn't because he's injured.

Monterrubio joined Lens. :(
I heard and all I could think was, What the FUCK!! :eek:

Something must have happened in the background that some of us don't know about. Like a fight with Rennes management/coach or something! Cuz Olivier is a wonderful player who has the chance to play for bigger clubs (both in France and other top leagues) but has always stayed loyal to Rennes in the past few years.

I wonder what happened.... ? :rolleyes: :|

Yes, PLF. It's not new that the coach couldn't bear Monterrubio anymore. Yesterday Dressi even said (average translation...):

" He was less good for some months. We all saw him on the pitch. He was in situation of failure and had not maybe known how to raise the challenge of the beginning of season. He is somebody who has many difficulties questioning himself".

" For a long time, it is more the name which played that him. Since the beginning, his performances do not correspond to what we expect from him. As long the player is in adequacy with the club, he stays. Otherwise, he leaves. All we can see is that he was only a "titulaire" and interesting when Frei was there. All players who left Rennes are currently playing in clubs more notorious than Lens ".

He bit hard but true. Both had points of view and I also think Monterrubio could have done a lot better and chose his games.

Thanks for the info.

Fair enough.

His performances hadn't been that good lately but the guy is definitely too harsh and unfair when he says this:

Since the beginning, his performances do not correspond to what we expect from him.
Who is he kidding? That's a big lie! We're not blind and we haven't forgotten what we saw from him which was some amazing performances.

Since the beginning? :-s

Olivier was awesome. Not so great anymore but it wasn't too long ago where he posed the biggest threat to any team Rennes faced and you can say was overall their best player. Yes, he did do a lot better when Frei was there.

Olivier in fact established himself as France's best left-winger behind Malouda for me over the past 3-4 years. He had more pace and agility than the always injured/unfit and inconsistent Jerome Rothen and while Ludovic Delporte (Osasuna) is a good player with awesome crosses, he too lacks pace and that explosive ability to get behind players. Of course I do think Ribery and Giuly and Wiltord are better choices for wingers but they're not really 'left-wingers', that's why I say Monterrubio became the 2nd best left winger of France.

Anyway, I think since he wasn't performing well but probably had just as much ego as he used to, Rennes and their coach have every right to get rid of him if they think that'll improve the team. But they shouldn't talk $hit and say BS like that about a player who gave them many years of top quality service and stayed loyal to them when he could've gone on to bigger and better things.

The statement I've quoted above from him is simply not true. He did become what was expected of him. Maybe even more and became one of the best Ligue 1 players. But sadly lately he's not the same anymore...

I disagree on the "that's a big lie". In France, we were all expecting him with les Bleus. But 2 years ago he should have tried a "Giuly's carrier". He never made the small step between a good player and a very good player. That's why he never played for France, despites lots of great skills. I think he stayed on his competence and didn't try to improve just a little to be even better. Maybe it's because, of Rennes, I don't know, but a guy like him couldn't spend 5 and half years turning in circle. It's not being mercenary, it's being clever. But now, I really think Lens is the right choice and hope he's be great.

Last edited:

If you read the entire post, you'll understand what I meant and not only the 1st sentence. Nancy was as bad as Marseille and got lucky.
I can ask the opoposite question : did Nancy deserve to win playing as bad as Marseille ?

I just want Emon to leave and hope Marseille finishes in the 1st 10 places.

That's an old post but I have to answer.

I was at Marcel Picot's stadium for that match and Nancy ABSOLUTELY deserved to win.

Nancy was stronger physically, and efficient in front of the goal. Marseille could'nt play their own style of playing, because Nancy prevent that.

That's the way Nancy plays (when they are good enough): the Versus team can't play as they used to do.
And that's what happened that day...

Marseille, Lyon, and Paris (the 3 teams favoured in the medias) are not only loosing because they play bad. Sometimes, the Versus team is stronger.

I disagree on the "that's a big lie". In France, we were all expecting him with les Bleus. But 2 years ago he should have tried a "Giuly's carrier". He never made the small step between a good player and a very good player.
I disagree.

He was already what I'd call a very good player. He just never turned world-class. He was much better than what you would normally call a good left winger.

That's why he never played for France, despites lots of great skills. I think he stayed on his competence and didn't try to improve just a little to be even better. Maybe it's because, of Rennes, I don't know, but a guy like him couldn't spend 5 and half years turning in circle. It's not being mercenary, it's being clever. But now, I really think Lens is the right choice and hope he's be great.
The bolded part.

It's because he played at Rennes.

If he had been less loyal and moved to a bigger club in France or Europe, I can bet you my house that he would have had at least a few caps for France National team by now.

But for the same reason that Louis Saha NEVER got a chance at French NT at Fulham despite having a great form (even better than at times when in Man U) yet he SUDDENLY got a call-up as soon as he moved to Red Devils, Olivier also didn't get a chance in NT.

Malbranque is another example. Right now he doesn't deserve to be in the team but a couple years back when he had no injury problems and was in top form, he was GREAT! Yet he never got a chance because he was at Fulham.

Same guy can move to a bigger team and suddenly he'll get called up just like Saha did.

By the way:

rateddave said:
Marseille, Lyon, and Paris (the 3 teams favoured in the medias) are not only loosing because they play bad. Sometimes, the Versus team is stronger.
Very true.

But sadly this isn't just a problem in France. It's with media of nearly every country. They don't usually give the unfavoured teams credit when making an upset or win. They just say the better team didn't play well. :rolleyes:

Yes I agree PLF, even when the supposed "weaker" team made great matches during the last 2 or 3 seasons.

That sucks. I understand that most of ourselves are passionated by an OM PSG (tomorow) but there is an other audience, a lil' audience, who's interested in all the matches. La Ligue 1 is very hard for everyone this year. Only Lyon knows that they'll play, at least, Champion's League next season.

Plessis, (sochaux's president) were angry about that.He was lazy French football press never deals with the great team of Sochaux. (maybe you saw him on a french tv talk show, 100% foot) He's true, but even Lille is trying hard to be focused thanks to their great performances. But it still doesn't work. For now.

Nice [2 - 1] Bordeaux
11' [1 - 0] H. Ederson
25' [2 - 0] H. Ederson
34' [2 - 1] J. Micoud

:applause: :applause: \\:o/ \\:o/

Back
Top Bottom