Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07

Since Lyon won the title for the 5th time last season they received the old trophy and put it in the club's trophy room. Here's the new trophy designed by Pablo Reinoso:

The trophy will be introduced to the public on a tour of 12 matches. The tour will end at April 7th. The trophy name is still unknown, but you can suggest a name on the official site of the new trophy. :mrgreen:

Now that Acimovic quit at Al Ittihad, do you think Lille would take him back if he wanted to come back?

dunno . he wasn't good a al ittihad , I was astonished by his level when they played moroccan "olympic khouribga" for the arab champion's league .

@Tuta, answer Pogoss' question on last page please.

Now that Acimovic quit at Al Ittihad, do you think Lille would take him back if he wanted to come back?
My personal opinion is, "nah" cuz he's simply not good enough for the 2nd best team in France anymore.
But he could still do a job as a 'backup' player if they were to take him back of course. But I don't think they will unless some injury crisis comes and they decide to take him on a 'short-term' basis.

Last edited:

I thought so. But I can still see him in France and no other league in Europe. Maybe he'll join a mid table or relegation threatened club, because he isn't the Acimovic that joined Lille. Only time will tell I guess. I read that he all ready has a couple of contracts on his desk, but we all know how unreliable media is these days.

This question ???

do you hate saint etienne because they are used to beat you heavyly ?

I "hate" ASSE since a lonnnnng time. I don't care if they beat us 6-0. But the 1st time I saw their celebration on the Champs Elysée after LOSING, I tought it was pathetic. Wtf ?

And I hate green. :puke:

Anyways, the rumours about OL's take over is still going on.

I heard some Canadian guy Jeff something who is supposedly a pharmaceutical billionaire could be the one who is taking over the club. Anybody know the guy's full name? Is he a French-Canadian from Quebec? If he is.. that makes more sense. :lol:

It could be all rumours of course though.
I don't know anything about this particular situation, but today I read that some Canadian Jack Kachkar wants to invest 115 million € in OM. This could be all just a rumour since in the article it says that his first move would be bringing Eriksson in as a coach.

This question ???

I "hate" ASSE since a lonnnnng time. I don't care if they beat us 6-0. But the 1st time I saw their celebration on the Champs Elysée after LOSING, I tought it was pathetic. Wtf ?

And I hate green. :puke:

:lmao:

Jack Kachkar is going to buy Marseille. The 115 M was a first step to continue the buy. In 3-4 weeks, Louis Dreyfus won't be the owner anymore. It's not a rumor anymore, it's reel.

Now, he has to garantee that he'll keep all the staff and players and bring some/a lot of cash for the next 5 years. If he agrees, he can do what he wants in June. I heard he loves Marseille and doesn't want to change everything and that Eriksson won't be coach.

Yup it's Jack not Jeff (my mistake).

The guy isn't French-Canadian it seems by the way. He actually has Syrian roots and something else from around that area (I forget maybe Armenian?)

And he's obviously f'n rich as hell. Let's hope he can invest some good money into OM and turn them into a real French force in the next few years so they can start properly challenging Lyon at the top. It'll take a while and won't be done over-night but hopefully it'll eventually happen.

@Total, yeh it'd be nice to see Acimovic back in Ligue 1. Maybe in a team like Sedan or Valenciennes or even Nancy who with an injured Zerka might find his experience useful for a short period of time.

@Tuta, so is it just you or can you verify that most OM fans also dislike/hate St. Etienne?

What a nice guy :D.
1304.jpg

The guy must have been dreaming of OM's #7 jersey for a while! :mrgreen:

Congrats! Let's hope it leads to being put on the right path and good things in future for the most supported team in France. :)

Any more pics?

I think so. There's still a war between the 2 most titled team in France.
I assume the feeling is mutual between St. Etienne fans towards OM, then? ;)

Though they probably hate Lyon a lot more. :mrgreen: :lol:

Last edited:

And Montpellier defeat Nice!
Being in Paris, i was unable to go to the stadium to watch it.

But i'll will surely do it for next round :)

That must've been a crazy match. 2 red cards, a goal each in 96th and 97th minute and a penalty shoot-out.

Sh*t ! I was sure it's was going to be Lyon or Monaco. And 3 days later we'll play Paris...

COUPE DE FRANCE - "8eme de finale"
30th-31st of january

Marseille - Lyon
Monaco - Sochaux
Paris-SG - Valenciennes
Nantes - Lille
Clermont (L2) - Lens
Libourne-Saint-Seurin (L2) - Sedan
Montceau-les-Mines (CFA) - Bordeaux
Montpellier (L2) - Vannes (National)

Last edited:

It's a shame Keita is injured for first leg against United. But hopefully Bodmer will be fit and on form to go. :8):

--------------------------------------------

About Carew < ---- > Baros Exchange

After many great buys (Alou Diarra, Toulalan, Fred, Tiago, etc.) in past 2 seasons, finally Lyon buy a mediocre player in the inconsistent Milan Baros.

I don't agree with it really and if I were a Lyon fan, I wouldn't be much happy about this but I don't blame the Lyon officials too much either because there really wasn't anyone with much quality available in this January market. There was the Baros' and Piquionne's of this world but no real proven-quality striker available.

Having said that, I think letting go of Carew in exchange for Baros wasn't a good decision. It's probably not a bad one but I would've preferred to keep Big John.

1) Because he's just as inconsistent as Baros but at least he offers something very different to Fred and Benzema due to his giant height and we all once again saw in great effect what he's capable of on his day against Real Madrid in the 2nd leg!

Now having gotten rid of him, they don't have that alternative option to change tactics and bring a different type of striker like Carew which they had before.

2) I don't like this transfer much because Fred and Benzema have shown us in recent months that they can get injured quite often sadly. So if there was one position that could potentially harm Lyon's chances in CL, it'd be when these two would be injured.

But Baros is even more injury-prone than these two guys AND Carew! :roll:
He's injured very often and has been since he was a young promising player at Banik Ostrava and then Liverpool. So now Houllier and Aulas shouldn't be surprised if they have Fred and Karim out and want to use their 3rd choice only to see Mr. Baros is also carrying an injurry and isn't fit to go. :rolleyes:

All in all, I don't think this was a good deal especially since Carew didn't WANT to leave! He wanted to stay but Lyon was eager to negotiate deals for him to move away to Werder, Villa and other places.

I'd rather have Carew in my squad of strikers than Baros even if Baros has the potential to be a lot better. (Because I'm sure Milan will never really reach his potential both because of consistent injuries and because of his attitude/mentality)

On top of that, he's very hit and miss. Pure inconsistent. Just like Big John himself. One day great, most other days, average or crap.

Last edited:

not a big deal , they said they're gonna recruite 2 fw and an mdf and the one asking for barros knows him well and worked with him so he knows what he does . if he can't work with carew might as well get rid of him .
I personnally prefere baros than carew and 've rather have him in my squad than "big john" .
edit : how much does carew earn ?

To all the French guys: Is there any French or any other football shown on FR2, FR3 or TV5 Monde since these are the only French channels I have access to.

France2 and France3 show the cup matches (both Coupe de la Ligue and Coupe de France).

TV5 Monde shows some French games as well, Total. :8):

That's one of the channels I get my Ligue 1 from when there is no Setanta available although it is with French commentary. But better than nothing.

not a big deal , they said they're gonna recruite 2 fw and an mdf and the one asking for barros knows him well and worked with him so he knows what he does . if he can't work with carew might as well get rid of him .
I personnally prefere baros than carew and 've rather have him in my squad than "big john" .
edit : how much does carew earn ?
I don't know and I don't really care about that.

The bottom line is one thing Lyon needed to feel more safe and secure for the 2nd half of the season and their progress in Europe was a little-injury prone forward. Or one who gets injured rarely.

Baros is the opposite of that. He's been injured very frequently since he was a teenage star till now than he's 25 and I don't think much will change. He's even more injury prone than Fred and Benzema and Carew and that's not what you want for your backup players. The reason you buy them in the first place is so you can count on them being there when your main guys are out. But with Baros, you can't count on that.

At the same time that Benzema and Fred may be injured, there's a good chance Baros will be too now and so Lyon will again have to use players from own youth like Bettiol or Remy. Not to mention Wiltord is also injured.

Back
Top Bottom