Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07

COUPE DE FRANCE - "1/4 finale"
27th-28th of february

Marseille - Vannes (National)
Sochaux - Paris-SG
Nantes - Lille
Montceau-les-Mines (CFA) - Lens
Sedan - Nantes

Perfect draw :mrgreen:. I noticed Lens always had a good draw this year.

edit : Troyes won in extra (extra) time vs Lyon : 94th minute !

Paris can be in the red zone tonight. It's crazy.

edit 2 : Unfortunately, we didn't win :). 1-1 Cissé and Pauleta in 2 minutes

Last edited:

Tuta what was the game like?

was a draw the fair result?

Setanta never showed it for some strange reason. sent them an email complaining about there poor coverage over the last week.

very good game tonight with i think for me a fair result even if OM had more shoots on target. man of the match was nasri for OM and Rothen for psg in his new position as a CM

Marseille could have won but again we conceed a goal on a FK. Paris waited and played well their counter attacks so one point seems fair for Paris but a bit hard for Marseille. Strange feeling, we didn't try everything to win.

It's a good draw so I won't complain... Glad Rothen was good indeed but Landreau saved the result. And Taiwo has learnt how to use finesse with his FKs :) !

yeahh indeed that's a good news!!:D if they keep playing like that Lens or lille will catch them!!!:lol: :lol:
with the face they have shown since the begining of the second part we can indeed imagine such senario .

No, only Lille can.

Lens doesn't have what it takes to mount a serious title challenge. They may be looking good right now but mark my words, they are not a consistent enough side to be able to do it.

LOSC however is a different story. 2nd best side in France definitely and as I predicted before the season starts (Sometime in July), they are the only team which can potentiall/possibly give Lyon some real worry and headache when it's all said and done and is near the end of the season.

Lens will fall short and lose ground at some stage.

If you imagine Lyon not being Champion, you're all dreaming.

11 points is still enough and nothing predicts Lyon won't do another series of win. No team can do the same this year.

Now, maybe they will only win with a difference of 5 points...

Btw, I'm glad Julien Rodroguez was called with Les Bleus. Givet took his place in Monaco and took his selection. But Rodriguez was the captain and true leader of Monaco when the team was awesome. He won't return in selection but it's nice to see him as a subsitute of the substitute.

edit : Flamini to replace Mexes.

Last edited:

good to see Lyon losing some games, and the gap with the rest decreasing a bit. U could kinda see it coming before the winterbreak aswell, when they won a couple of games in the last few minutes of the game, and they werent as imprsseive as the at the start of the season.

But like Tuta said, im also sure they will start playing well again and winning, I do hope they start playing better again in time for their games with AS Roma, those should be awesome :D

If you imagine Lyon not being Champion, you're all dreaming.

11 points is still enough and nothing predicts Lyon won't do another series of win. No team can do the same this year.

Now, maybe they will only win with a difference of 5 points...
That's not what I said. Lyon I'm quite sure will clinch their 5th title in a row.

I was saying IF somebody is gonna give them some serious worry, it won't be no other team than Lille. Not Lens, not OM, not St. Etienne, but only Lille. Others aren't consistent enough to mount a real challenge and LOSC could only do it as well if Lyon keep slipping up like that and even then, I'm pretty sure at the end Lyon will win it again.

Btw, I'm glad Julien Rodroguez was called with Les Bleus. Givet took his place in Monaco and took his selection. But Rodriguez was the captain and true leader of Monaco when the team was awesome. He won't return in selection but it's nice to see him as a subsitute of the substitute.
No he wasn't but I can understand you being happy for him being selected and being very nice and supportive now that he's an OM player. :mrgreen: ;) :lol:

I think if you heard of the same news (Julien Rodriguez being selected for France NT) but he had moved to Paris this January instead, it would've probably kinda angered you and make you think he doesn't deserve it (like me) rather than make you happy and supportive of him like you are now. :p

J. Rodriguez isn't and never was much of a leader in my opinion anyway and it makes sense too. The guy isn't even consistent and focused enough on his own game. (Remember how many times, he loses concentration and team pays for it?). People like that usually can't and even if could, shouldn't really be leading others.

EDIT:

edit : Flamini to replace Mexes.

F'n Domenech! :mad:

France and Lyon will under-achieve because of Houllier and Domenech. Mark my words. These two just aren't good enough. Lyon won't be CL champs this year either and it'll be because of Mr. Houllier's incompetence.

Last edited:

I was not aiming you, PLF. It was for the 2 guys who are delighting with Lyon in doubt.

I don't know why you want to base all my post on my OM support but it's not how I work. I was hoping Armand to be called, am I still crazy ?

Also, Rodriguez had to deal with a lot of injuries. He has good header, good long passes and you judge him more inconsitent than others ? I can't blame him for beeing one of the 3 best defenders of last month in Ligue 1 !
He comes to Marseille and from his 1st minute the defense becomes stable. I don't think it's a coincidence. He removed a lot of pressure Zubar had and manage to handle Taiwo. I won't change my mind about his leadership until you show me better examples ;).

Ummm yepes out until the end of the season after the accident with cissé
will cissé be banned FOR TWO MONTHS like was Frau for the same accident on Noro?I don't think so...:roll: But i would like to know your thought

You'll probably think I am defending my player but I don't think it's the same incident.

1st, Cissé would have score if Yepes wasn't there to defend. It's in the penalty area during a true football movement.

Frau was in the middle of the field when he tackled Noro on his knee. If you're not a defender, don't try to tackle, it's most of the time useless and a foul.

I'm very sorry for Yepes but Cissé wasn't even sent off so now we have to change the referee's decision to make Cissé looks bad and dirty. But maybe Yepes aggravated his condition after trying to continue playing ?

If Cissé gets suspended, well, I won't care. But 2 months is to hard for this situation.

Last edited:

I was not aiming you, PLF. It was for the 2 guys who are delighting with Lyon in doubt.
I see.

I don't know why you want to base all my post on my OM support but it's not how I work. I was hoping Armand to be called, am I still crazy ?
I don't do that Tuta (what you said in bold) and I have never thought you were crazy or called you that either. Have I ever? :-s No. ;)

Yes, you are an OM supporter and like any real fan somewhat biased but you're actually a lot less biased than many many other people I know.
This is one of the reasons, you are one of my friends and why I like and respect you, after all. :)

One thing that may not be so obvious but is worth mentioning is that, this is why I bother discussing things with you and Thomas, and some others and NOT with a lot of other people. Do you think it's a coincidence? ;)

No, it's not. :)

If I thought of you as an incredibly biased person or anything else negative, I wouldn't be friends with you and bother discussing my thoughts & opinions. I'd just ignore you and your posts and not ever reply like I do with many other people.

Also, Rodriguez had to deal with a lot of injuries. He has good header, good long passes and you judge him more inconsitent than others ? I can't blame him for beeing one of the 3 best defenders of last month in Ligue 1 !
He comes to Marseille and from his 1st minute the defense becomes stable. I don't think it's a coincidence. He removed a lot of pressure Zubar had and manage to handle Taiwo. I won't change my mind about his leadership until you show me better examples ;).
Well.. I know Julien like yourself very well mate. After all we've known and watched him for years.

So my opinion about the sorta player he is and his leadership won't change. But yes, he should of course be given credit for what he's done since joining OM.

It isn't just a coincidence. He deserves some credit for it.

You'll probably think I am defending my player but I don't think it's the same incident.

1st, Cissé would have score if Yepes wasn't there to defend. It's in the penalty area during a true football movement.

Frau was in the middle of the field when he tackled Noro on his knee. If you're not a defender, don't try to tackle, it's most of the time useless and a foul.

I'm very sorry for Yepes but Cissé wasn't even sent off so now we have to change the referee's decision to make Cissé looks bad and dirty. But maybe Yepes aggravated his condition after trying to continue playing ?

If Cissé gets suspended, well, I won't care. But 2 months is to hard for this situation.

woooa where have you seen only defenders can or should tackle?There is a lot of players outside the defenders who can do some good tackle
the cissé's challenge was nasty and no way it was deliberate for sure but so was frau
i won't be the first time the comission would change a yellow card for a red (remember sidy keita when he played for Strasbourg and injured Cacapa,he got 2 months ban or at the beginning of the season with a player of Creteil)
that wouldn't be to make cissé nasty but to show the rules are for everybody not just because you're international or something else you can escape it
same accident or not the results are the same=noro is injured and so is yepes fact.

You almost don't need to tackle when you're a good defender. So when it's not your skill, there's a big chance of bad ending.
I would love to see one game without a single tackle.

"Cissé, Cissé, Cissé. Paris, Paris, Paris". Meanwhile a lot of players, even Yepes, Ribery and Juninho, punched players but nothing. Accidents happen and I'll prefer the commission to use its power to punish all the free and deliberate intentions. That's will be a perfect example because it's normal to ban a player after he injured another.

ok let's move on;) but i want you to be as honest as possible
do you think it would have been the same if C.Rool would have done the same?frankly??(i think STRAIGHT RED CARD AND BAN UNTIL THE END OF HIS CAREER!!!:lmao: :lmao: )

Luckily Rool is as fast as a nail, so he couldn't touch Yepes :). It's spectacular, can deserve a red card but not a long ban.
And Rool is nice since 2-3 years. Not the Lens Rool anymore.

Tomorrow versus Argentina :(I'm going :))
Coupet - Sagnol, Squillaci, Escudé, Abidal - Ribéry, Vieira (cap.), Makelele, Malouda - Henry, Trezeguet.

Last edited:

I have a bad feeling about Flo Malouda and a possible injury in this upcoming match against Argentina. :(

I hope it's just a fake crappy wrong feeling and doesn't turn into reality! :|

Abbondanzieri - Burdisso, Ayala, G.Milito, Heinze - J.Zanetti, L.González, Gago, Cambiasso - Saviola, Crespo

It's almost their best squad.

France 0 - 1 Argentina (Saviola 15')

Amazing Argentina tonight, we can't cross and shot :(
But good second half by France, try alot, but versus a wall it's hard.
at the half time Henry says : "we make the biggest error, Argentina score first"

50 euros for the lesson and 20 for transport !!! Thanks Domenech and Les Bleus, you were pathetic. More technic will help..... because strength is not the key to success.

France 0 - 1 Argentina (Saviola 15')

Amazing Argentina tonight, we can't cross and shot :(
But good second half by France, try alot, but versus a wall it's hard.
at the half time Henry says : "we make the biggest error, Argentina score first"
good game from both teams , argentina impressed me . they were very concentrated .
but one thing please stop playing in paris and go to felix bollart next time . I know cisse plays for the rival team of the local supporters but the national team is another matter and the guys who boo their own player shouldn't be in the stadium .
yesterday morocco and tunisia made a draw as usual , two ligue 1 players scored . a friendly with a lot of fouls and yellow card . the score was 1 - 1 chamakh opened the scoring after a free kick shot by safri and jomaa scored for tunisia after a present from our shitty keeper (the 3rd keeper to give tunisia a present the past 3 years) .

good game from both teams , argentina impressed me . they were very concentrated .
but one thing please stop playing in paris and go to felix bollart next time . I know cisse plays for the rival team of the local supporters but the national team is another matter and the guys who boo their own player shouldn't be in the stadium

cissé was booed because of the accident and his behaviour after with yepes(nothing to do with the rival team)just look how ribery is cheered when he plays
and even dhorasso was booed last year even if he was playing for paris.

nante 2 - 5 valencienne !
barthez effect :lol:
savidan scored 4 goals against barthez as frei did before him and is now the top scorer .

Back
Top Bottom