Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07

Bodmer and Cabaye can't play again Man. Utd. tomorrow, can't see Lille winning the game tbh :(

Lyon should be able to win tonight though.

the kid is adel taarabt , he's from morocco and will play soon in the U22 team to help qualify to beijin2008 :D
payet is a very good player nothing like capoue . look at his stats in pes he's so underated .

he is morrocan or french? cause the english announcer said he was french :) im trusting you over those guys. Whats funny is that all of my american buddies for years loved the bbc and english anouncers, and we always hated our american ones, but now that i know more about football and pronunciation of names and where a guy is from, etc... i realize how shit they are!!! The guy who does league Un for setanta is awesome i have to admit(english guy), i think he does it with tony cascarino, who i quite like, but the EPL guys SUCK.

Hey guys,

Been away for a while but it's good to see a lot happening here.

@Chris, I know who you're talking about. I like that guy too. (The english commentator for Ligue 1)

His name escapes me right now but most of the time he actually knows what he's talking about and is a real fan of Ligue 1 you can tell. Good voice and commentary skills as well of course.

From now on you can add me to that list. :) Finally I can follow Ligue 1 and believe me: from now on Monaco will win everything :8):
LOL! :mrgreen:

Anyway, good to have you abroad, Robin. :8):

I noticed on the goal clips Dumont didn't have the captains armband, has Tafforeau been made permanent captain, I thought Gregory only had it because Dumont wasn't playing.
I don't know if that's what's happened but I support that decision if it has.

Dumont is a good player but with the quality Lille has in center of midfield (Both through established players like Makoun and Bodmer and quality youngsters like Cabaye coming through), Dumont's place isn't always guaranteed in the side.

Where as Tafforreau is one of the best left-backs in France (very under-rated player in general (His reputation and hype is nowhere near his ability) is a fixed starter. Not to mention he's I think around 32 now and has a lot of experience behind him. More so than the 25 year old Dumont (I think he's around 25 anyway)

Gregory is just the type of player I like and would be my choice for captain. He's loyal. Hard-working. Professional. Determined and experienced. Quality player overall without being anything fancy or spectacular to get the media's attention or hype.

Hey Guys just been doing some searching and I've found info on Lille's new stadium

theres a wikipedia page here

Stade Borne de l'Espoir

Tells you the Stadium will be called the Stade Borne de l'Espoir

On the wikipedia page there is a PDF will with the actual proposals.

They hope to have the stadium finished by 2010 so 3 more years at the Metropole

The Stade Borne de l'Espoir will be between 40,000 and 50,000 and will be developed not far from the Stade Metropole.

No work has started yet, they are just waiting not to pick a construction company to start the project.

Looks like a nice stadium, will look forward to going there one day.

It's not the name yet. It's just the location of the stadium but it could be in the future.

Cool stuff.

I can't speak for others but I personally am VERY interested and excited about any sorta 'stadium' moves that are supposed to happen in French football. So keep me up to date with all the news guys. :thumbup:

I can't wait for OL, Lille and OM to get new stadiums or expansions. It'll make it an even better atmosphere and with larger capacities (Especially with clubs like OM and OL being able to fill more than they already can despite their stadiums already being fairly big) it'll raise the profile of the league as a whole.

tuta, do you maybe know what was the reason for Vahirua's reaction when he was subbed yesterday? For those who don't know he took his shirt off while he was running off the pitch, threw it in front of Antonetti who was shouting at him and ran directly to the dressing room.

Once again, he was subbed and he didn't like that. But he apoloziged just after the game so I think he won't be punished. He just over reacted because this season everything seems bad for him.
This is another thing I'm interested in.

Unprofessional temperamental behaviour of players like Vahirua. :lol:

Since I've lost my satelite lately, I haven't been able to watch much Ligue 1 and to be honest I dont' have the time for it these days anymore (Not just Ligue 1 but watching TV in general).

So this is something else, I want you guys to keep me up to date with. :)

everyone take a look at payets goal for nantes, OMG, this kid is the next bad ass from france to grace us. He has skill, speed, and a blistering shot. Keep a lookout for this 19 year old. Did anyone else see the spurs west ham match, who is the french kid on loan to spurs? I think he has a middle eastern or possibly north african name...
Dmitri Payet is a real good prospect, Chris.

One of the many to come out of Nantes' prestigious youth system. :applause:

I've seen the kid in an interview or two as well. He's down to earth, hardworking and the non-controversial type it seems.

Looks like he's gonna be yet another fine player.

As for Taraabat, he's on loan at Spurs from Lens. He's one of the maaannyyyyyy French players with Moroccan, Algerian roots and like most, he seems to be very good on the ball as well. ;)

I never saw him play for Lens though and it saddens me that now they're exporting players before they even get regular first team places in their respective Ligue 1 teams let alone establishing themselves in it. :rolleyes:

Capoue never proved anything. It's not hard to be better :D.
Agree.

I admit I haven't seen Capoue more than a few times but every time I have seen him, he seemed like a fairly mediocre player. He does show glimpses of what he's capable of (like some decent shots) from time to time but it's not enough. He's inconsistent and avg at this point and I doubt he'll ever get much better.

So it's not hard being better than him for Payet but it is hard being as good as Payet is at that age against those opponents. ;)

Bodmer and Cabaye can't play again Man. Utd. tomorrow, can't see Lille winning the game tbh :(

Lyon should be able to win tonight though.
Well.. you never know what happens.

Sadly CL football IS CUP football after all. And in cup matches, anything can happen.

Tonight, I couldn't watch the Lyon vs. Roma match (I watched Valencia vs. Inter) and as we all know now, OL is out!

If the best teams of Europe got together and played in a league format (which is by farrrrrr the best determinant of teams in my opinion), I'm quite confident Lyon would win the whole thing or finish in top 2 or top 3 max.

But now they've been knocked out by Roma and won't even get to face many of the sides they're probably better at in the next rounds. :rolleyes:

But this is life. This is what cup football is about. You have Lyon getting knocked out while Arsenal going into finals when they struggle to even get 4th place in their own country and Liverpool winning the whole thing when again they couldn't even finish in top 4 of their own country.

I really wish there was a way we could find TRUE best team of Europe (Because Knock-out competitions honestly aren't it) but it is impossible. You can't have so many games in a season and this is the way it has to be. Maybe my dream can be fulfilled in another world where players tiredness and time isn't an issue but in this world, this is the way it'll be.... and while it's not perfect, it's as good as possible probably.

---------------------------------------

p.s. Now that Kader Keita can play in 2nd leg, Bodmer and Cabaye will be missing? Goddamn.... I'm still of the opinion that a 100% LOSC side can beat not only Man Utd but any team throughout Europe on their day. But it looks like we won't see that happen since the team is always missing somebody and Old Trafford is NO easy place to go and get a win.

Last edited:

I don't know if that's what's happened but I support that decision if it has.

Dumont is a good player but with the quality Lille has in center of midfield (Both through established players like Makoun and Bodmer and quality youngsters like Cabaye coming through), Dumont's place isn't always guaranteed in the side.

Where as Tafforreau is one of the best left-backs in France (very under-rated player in general (His reputation and hype is nowhere near his ability) is a fixed starter. Not to mention he's I think around 32 now and has a lot of experience behind him. More so than the 25 year old Dumont (I think he's around 25 anyway)

Gregory is just the type of player I like and would be my choice for captain. He's loyal. Hard-working. Professional. Determined and experienced. Quality player overall without being anything fancy or spectacular to get the media's attention or hype.

I totally agree Tafforeau will make a fantastic captain and already has been.

The Captain of any team has to play nearly 100% of the teams matches, and Gregory will do that, Dumont as good as he is, isn't guarenteed a starting spot, This season it is obvious the young and very talented Cabaye is picked more often that not. which is better for Lille in the long run, gives him experience and he'll only get better, I don't quite see that happening with Stephane

p.s. Now that Kader Keita can play in 2nd leg, Bodmer and Cabaye will be missing? Goddamn.... I'm still of the opinion that a 100% LOSC side can beat not only Man Utd but any team throughout Europe on their day. But it looks like we won't see that happen since the team is always missing somebody and Old Trafford is NO easy place to go and get a win.

Totally agree mate, A full strength Lille side on their day could go to Old Trafford and get a result, but without Bodmer and Cabaye i'm not so confident.

Dumont will replace Cabaye thats a no brainer, but who will replace Bodmer thats a tough one.

There's a couple of options

1)Fauvergue could go up top with Odemwingie just behind him, but that might be a little too attacking away from home, especially with Keita back who is in great form just now.

2)Ludovic Obraniak could play inside as a AM with Bastos on the left

3)Mathieu Debuchy, I think Debuchy would be a more stable player in the Bodmer position.

The last option and the one I think Puel will go with is 4-4-2

With Odemwingie and Keita up top, use pace against Man U, with Debuchy on the right and Bastos on the left with Makoun and Dumont keeping the midfield tight.

We'll see what happens tomorrow

he is morrocan or french? cause the english announcer said he was french :) im trusting you over those guys. Whats funny is that all of my american buddies for years loved the bbc and english anouncers, and we always hated our american ones, but now that i know more about football and pronunciation of names and where a guy is from, etc... i realize how shit they are!!! The guy who does league Un for setanta is awesome i have to admit(english guy), i think he does it with tony cascarino, who i quite like, but the EPL guys SUCK.
he have both nationalities but for the fifa he's now moroccan ;) .
the annoucers don't know everything there are some people giving them some info and they don't always know what they say . for example they said french also for liverpool's el zhar but he's a moroccan U22 international as well .
still I prefere english anouncers than french ones . I'm not expecting infos but good commentary , the french ones often say stupid crap or talk about their life .
the worst announcer ever is the moroccan one , you have high chance to fall asleep when you're listning to him . the best commentator I know is an egyptian one . he's so funny and have high speach skill . I used to like the japanese announcer when I didn't understand everything they said but now not that much they are too much exagerating on everything happening on the field as if it was magic . the spanish announcers are good , I understand only 70% but I like the way and the speach style :mrgreen:
I never saw him play for Lens though and it saddens me that now they're exporting players before they even get regular first team places in their respective Ligue 1 teams let alone establishing themselves in it. :rolleyes:
the fact is lens have good players and it's hard to have play time there . their coach is also known for having problems with players with moroccan roots according to some declarations of his . since he came mounir diane didn't have any chance and neither did adil hermach who's a good prospect there is also bouabid boudden who prefered to leave than to keep playing in the researve team .
adil taarabt is a promising player but he would'nt have player for lens any soon anyway . he's on loan to spurs but they may buy him at the end of the year . in fact they were supposed to buy him at first but when they discovered that he had a knee problem once they prefered not to take risks and test him before buying him .
any way I prefere african player play elsewhere than lens in wich they have a lot pressure especially before the african cup .

Last edited:

Indeed Sina, again Lyon haven't been able to impress in the knock-out fase of the CL. We have all been hoping they'd go to the final for the past 3 years or so. But they somehow miss that little bit of luck and killer mentality to perform at their best on the days when it matters the most.

I fully agree though, a cupcompetition will never be able to produce a realistic view on who is the best team. Sometimes the best team will win it like Barcelona last year, and sometimes an outsider like Liverpool will win, eventhough if they had to play each of the other 15 teams over 2 games in a league format they would probably be down on the list.

Im still hoping for an upset by Lille tonight, would be so good for them to get the recognition they deserve. And they were so terribly unlucky in the home-game u just wish them lots of uck for this game :)

The fact is that in the beginning of the year, all Lyon players, fans and staff (principally that c.nt of Aulas) were talking about a season for 4 championships/cups, then they started playing sometimes 4 games in 10 days, sometimes even more.

Sometimes bad luck happen, but when in a season you have injured Fred, Wiltord, Govou, Benzema, Fred again, Benzema again, and then you sell Carew, something wrong will do happen.

Lyon, in this latest two months wasn't playing the football of the started of the season, and I really did not think they would reach semfinals. I just didn't know that they would be knocked out on round of 32.

Anyway i don't like Aulas and Houiller. That's good for them.

BTW, does anyone have any pics of the Halftime show of the Saint Etienne fans during the ASSE-OL derby? I'd love to see that pics of animals again.

What about Said Khiter, Pog?

Not sure what his other root was but he seemed like a decent prospect as well and never got that many chances at Lens.

The fact is that in the beginning of the year, all Lyon players, fans and staff (principally that c.nt of Aulas) were talking about a season for 4 championships/cups, then they started playing sometimes 4 games in 10 days, sometimes even more.

Sometimes bad luck happen, but when in a season you have injured Fred, Wiltord, Govou, Benzema, Fred again, Benzema again, and then you sell Carew, something wrong will do happen.
Very true.

The fact that this year more than Eeeeeeever, Lyon officials, players and fans probably even thought realistically that they have everything it takes to go for the win in Europe and make that next step in the club's amazing rise over the past decade or so. Therefore what happened yesterday REALLY must have been hurtful for them, I'm sure we can all imagine. :p

I can just imagine Mr. Jean-Michel Aulas right now. He must be PISSED OFFF!!! :mrgreen: :lol:

He's probably pulling out his hair!!!!!! He wasn't expecting this and had his eyes set on much bigger things this year but now it looks like it'll just be another Ligue 1 title.

Anyway, a good leader and a good team NEVER gives up though. Even when hard situations and morale-reducing moments like this come. Lyon just have to take the next step now to ensure perhaps next year will be their year.

Solution, Houllier ===> Out

Claude Puel ---> In! :mrgreen:

The funny thing is, I kinda want to and at the same time DONT want to see this happen.

I think this change in coach will help Lyon and perhaps Mr. Puel is the person to take them a step further but at same time, as good as the LOSC squad is and the morale among players, I still LARGELY give 90% of the credit of the club's success to Mr. Puel and without him, I think Lille will start going down! They'll just become a mediocre club struggling to make real progress like OM and PSG. :mrgreen: :lol:

But anyway, I expect Houllier to leave (Not now but perhaps at end of season). He's NOT the man to make Lyon champions of Europe or anything like that and the club, the president and the player's ambition is just that.

28ème Journée

Thanks to Modibo of soccers.fr for providing the goals. :8):

TOULOUSE 1 - 1 MONACO
25' [1 - 0] Mathieu
75' [1 - 1] Koller

BORDEAUX 2 - 0 SOCHAUX
45' [1 - 0] Micoud
90' [2 - 0] Cavenaghi

LE MANS 2 - 1 SAINT- ETIENNE
43' [1 - 0] Coutadeur
52' [2 - 0] Bangoura
83' [2 - 1] Gomis

NANTES 2 - 1 NANCY
35' [1 - 0] Diallo
36' [1 - 1] Brison
74' [2 - 1] Fae

NICE 1 - 1 RENNES
15' [0 - 1] Briand
48' [1 - 1] Vahirua

TROYES 1 - 3 VALENCIENNES
38' [0 - 1] Bezzaz
67' [0 - 2] Roudet
86' [0 - 3] Dufresne
90' [1 - 3] Gigliotti

LENS 1 - 1 SEDAN
2' [0 - 1] Pujol
30' [1 - 1] Keita

PSG 0 - 1 AUXERRE
41' [0 - 1] Kaboul

LYON 1 - 1 MARSEILLE
20' [1 - 0] Baros
88' [1 - 1] Niang

LORIENT 0 - 0 LILLE

Last edited:

Thanks for posting the goals, total. :8): Some nice goals, and good to see Coutadeur and Cavenaghi getting their first goal in L1. :) Great winner by Fae for Nantes :applause:

Good that Vahirua got a goal, but bad blunder by Pouplin #-o

St Etienne is going to have big troubles with this tifo. Because of the "kill them" you don't see on this pic but on the next.
And it doesn't make me laugh at all.

I don't follow the ligue 1 match when Marseille plays. I don't want to lose my time anymore. I'm on a little strike.

I know they didn't touch the ball but managed to have 2 good movements.

Lyon : 1 (Baros 20')
Marseille : 1 (Niang 87')

what a goal by OM ! Cuissé assist and Niang finish :applause:
and great goalkeepers tonight

Yeah i managed too see 2nd half!

great goal. brilliant touch by Cisse and a real sweet finish by niang.

I watch the end and Niang missed an umbelievable 1-on-1.
Marseille could have won if the team wasn't such defensive at the beginning. Coupet was everywhere and Carasso was perfect.

It's a good point but it's frustrating.

Tuta i understand what your saying. Marseille are good going forward. i think Eamon has too stop being so cautious.

Tuta and Thomas. My tickets arrived for the Nice game on saturday so I finally get the chance to visit the famous veladrome.

Really hope I see goals!! :)

Last edited:

Domenech call Abou Diaby, Lassana Diarra, Samir Nasri and Frédéric Piquionne for the game vs Lituania.

Well guys

I was about to come on here and tell you all, I was on my way to Lille tomorrow, to see the Match versus Le Mans

However i have just found out that due to a fire in London, Eurostar have cancelled all train services, so i can't go

I'm absolutley gutted, can't express how down I am now, was sooo looking forward to tomorrow for 2 months now

And my plans have been buggered.

That sucks so much. :shock: I know how you had the whole trip planned in advance and now this. :eh:

What are you gonna do with the ticket?

Last edited:

We can't lose when Mamadou is on fire :D.

I'm very happy coz with Lille's result we're still good for the CL.

thanks tuta for the goals , I wish you put everything in a rar/zip though .

Back
Top Bottom