Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07

No "SB" on the back? :mrgreen:

It'd be nice if you had that man.

People would see it and ask what the initials stand for and you'd answer.....

S-l-o-w
B-a-s-t-a-r-d. :p
LOL!

Nah, didn't really want a name on the back of the shirt, since there wasn't exactly a player i really liked in the team.

Last edited:

Habib Beye (Captain and thank god for that! It's well deserved!), Ribery or Nasri would be one of my 3 picks if I could get a name on an OM shirt. :)

But the Albanian former PSG player, Lorik Cana is a player who if stays injury free, can become quite an impressive DMF as well in future years and I hope he does because he has the right tools for it.

No, I'm just randomly interested in the player ;).
That's a surprise. :mrgreen:

I knew this may be a possibility but thought the chances of it are more like 5% so I figured, I'd ask first. ;)

Anyways, I haven't seen Gakpe quite enough to have a full opinion of him but he broke through Monaco's first team towards the end of last season and has picked up where he left off this season.

Monaco's youth system is once again making some quality players for France.

Gakpe is fast, good skill on the ball. (Good technique, dribbling) and what I like about him is despite being young and not really a forward, his off the ball movement is quite impressive for his age at least!

He's already a good player and judging by how young he is, he has the potential to become a lot better even. One of the many young talents of Ligue 1.

EDIT:

p.s. Frederic Nimani (Another French-African talent from Monaco's youth) is another one to step into senior side this season and already put a few good performances in.

He's very young but tall (190cm or so I believe) and strong and quite pacey too making him a tough "kid" :mrgreen: to handle.

Last edited:

Thanks a lot PLF. You're as helpful as always. :thumbup:Appreciate it.
I only saw a compilation of him, but anyone can look good in those. He sounds like the real deal though.

p.s. He is being linked to juve.

Thanks a lot PLF. You're as helpful as always. :thumbup:Appreciate it.
I only saw a compilation of him, but anyone can look good in those. He sounds like the real deal though.
Hahaha damn right. :mrgreen:

Those vid compilations are a joke! They can take 10 good shots, 10 good passes and 10 good dribbles of an avg player who's made only those 10 good movements out of the 10000's he's took and make him look like a GOD! :rolleyes: :lol:

But it is funny, how often those vid compilations fool some people (Usually younger ones) into thinking some of these footballers are amazing! :lol:

p.s. He is being linked to juve.
[Homer Simpson Mode]D'op!!! #-o [/Homer mode]

Damn you, you bastard!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I KNEW, just knew there had to be some sorta link or Don wouldn't give a fuck sadly.... :lol:

No worries, Don. ;)

It was a fun moment anyway. :mrgreen:

p.s. I hope he doesn't get transferred any time soon. Not to Juve, not to anyone!

He's just fine where he is now. He's playing regularly. Is playing for a big club which is also where he came through youth side of and feels comfortable and at 'home' so to speak. And he seems to be progressing and getting better with every game and more confident in himself with every good performance. What he needs is one or two more seasons of exactly this before eventually leaving if he wants and having to adapt to new surroundings. So as far as I care as a neutral about the development of this talented youngster, I hope he stays at Monaco and helps them along with other quality players they have (and future signings) to get back to being near the top of Ligue 1 like they used to be. Since they too have been going through some rough times lately... (They should've NEVER sacked Deschamp! I knew things would go downhill after that!)

Just like Antonio Rio Mavuba who could've moved a few years ago, but has stayed at Bordeaux and is now likely to finally move this summer or even January. And for him the time to move now is right I feel especially since he's having some problems with Bordeaux now. It wasn't a couple years ago and thankfully he was smart and mature enough to realize that and resist offers from his many suitors and stayed to allow further progress at Bordeaux.

Last edited:

both reports from www.skysports.com

Marseille continue to head the chase to sign Chelsea midfielder Lassana Diarra on loan, according to reports in France.

Diarra has yet to establish himself at Stamford Bridge since being brought to England from Le Havre in 2005.

He has made just three substitute appearances this season and rumours claim he will be allowed to leave on loan in January's transfer window.

A move back to France has been mooted, with Lille and Paris Saint Germain keen on the Under 21 international.

Marseille, though, are understood to be the leading contenders to sign Diarra, with speculation in France claiming contact has already been made.

However, reports also suggest the midfielder would prefer to stay in England and he has previously been linked with a temporary switch to Newcastle United.

Marseille have reportedly entered the race to sign River Plate playmaker Marcelo Gallardo.

Paris Saint Germain have been strongly linked with the Argentine in recent weeks, with chairman Alain Cayzac admitting that he is a huge fan.

But River Plate have now revealed that two French clubs are on Gallardo's trail and could be interested in signing him in January.

Juan Berros, Gallardo's agent, is believed to be in France this week to hold talks with both PSG and Marseille.

And River Plate have said they could be prepared to sell the player if the price is right.

"We have received a couple of French offers for Gallardo," River Plate chairman Hugo Slipak told AFP.

"The highest sum we would earn from this transfer could influence a deal."

Just like to address something, the Diarra who played for Marseille in the friendly against Martigues was NOT Chelsea's Lassana Diarra, but was a free agent striker called Lassine Diarra. Lassana of course appeared as a sub for Chelsea against Levski Sofia the very same day.

and fwiw, I don't think he'll be going anywhere on loan.

I don't understand why Marseille wants Gallardo after the scandal that happened during a HT in the Stade Veledrome hallway because of him. If we need a player, it's not him.

But lucliky he's very close to Paris and he's going to sign very soon I think.

Hahahhaaha Marcelo *THE CUNT* Gallardo!! :lmao:

Forget all the talent, only clubs who are LOOKING for trouble and WANT their squad's harmony messed up should be after an unprofessional player like him.

But since PSG's morale, harmony and squad is already fucked, I say GO for him PARIS!! :mrgreen: :lol:

He can't possibly make it THAT much worst lol :mrgreen: .. all he'll end up doing probably is in fact improving the team by adding some much needed flair and creativity to it.

p.s. I don't believe Lille are really interested in Lassana Diarra.

Dumont, Makoun, Bodmer and the talented youngster that is Cabaye are all high quality players and they're not really lacking in depth in this department to go after him.

Plus even if he was to move on loan, Lille wouldn't be a good place for him since he'd have as much chance of making appearances for Chelsea as he would having to fight with those guys for a Lille starting place in midfield. There has to be a purpose for going on loan. If he's gonna go, then at least it should be to a club where he'll get some valuable first team action. Not just sit and warm the bench like he's already doing...

PSG or OM would be better since they don't have as much depth in that department and not as much 'quality' either. Especially PSG who were playing Rozenhal out of position as a DMF and last year did it with Armand for a while after having sold both of their natural DMF's (M'bami and Cana) to OM. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bodmer is so impressive, 8 goals already this season, and the way he just bosses games is unbelieveable at times. I went to see Lille back in October and he's easily worth the admission money on his own, just a joy to watch him play football.

Plus even if he was to move on loan, Lille wouldn't be a good place for him since he'd have as much chance of making appearances for Chelsea as he would having to fight with those guys for a Lille starting place in midfield. There has to be a purpose for going on loan. If he's gonna go, then at least it should be to a club where he'll get some valuable first team action. Not just sit and warm the bench like he's already doing...

Was thinking the same thing when reading the post above, too much competition to make going on Loan worthwhile, Makoun, Bodmer, Dumont, Cabaye and Young Lepostellec, only when one of the big 2 leave will LOSC need a replacement

Bodmer is so impressive, 8 goals already this season, and the way he just bosses games is unbelieveable at times. I went to see Lille back in October and he's easily worth the admission money on his own, just a joy to watch him play football.

He is having a great season, surely a call up to the NT can't be far away, last week against Nancy he was superb that 35yard drive was :shock: only matched by Sorins save, I hope Puel can keep a hold of him.

When Man Utd bought Carrick for £18mil i always thought Fergie would have realised he could have bought Bodmer and Makoun for the same price together and would have got so much more impact from both of them.

It won't be long now till the vultures start to swarm over Lille's talented players, Keita and Odemwingie included

Hahaha.. not to mention Toulalan came to Lyon for much cheaper than that and Carrick is definitely no better than him (Toulalan is a bit better in my opinion) and is a couple years younger as well and can go on to become just amazing. (Something I can't honestly say I can see Carrick doing although he's very good and can improve even further)

Anyways, Lille's most valuable asset IS Claude Puel. As long as he's there.. Lille fans can be hopeful of good things to continue coming in future and progress being made even if they lose one or two stars over summer, etc.

But if he leaves............ god knows what'll happen to Lille. They are not blessed with that many fans even in France. They could very well go back to being a mediocre smaller club.

:mrgreen: :lol:

Who the hell could've guessed, Barthez would become Landreau's real replacement!! :lol:

Anyways, Lille's most valuable asset IS Claude Puel. As long as he's there.. Lille fans can be hopeful of good things to continue coming in future and progress being made even if they lose one or two stars over summer, etc.

But if he leaves............ god knows what'll happen to Lille. They are not blessed with that many fans even in France. They could very well go back to being a mediocre smaller club.

Couldn't agree more mate.

Claude is the glue that sticks it all together, he is a genius, I mean the club is trying to play on 2 fronts, so last week with the big Milan game coming up he rests Odem, Keita and Cabaye for the trip to high flying Nancy, pulls out a victory to keep Lille in CL qualification, Youla gets his first goal, then goes to the San Siro and with the trio rested those 3 pull the strings that get Lille into the last 16, Genius.

As you said if Claude goes i fear the worst, because you know that players will follow him out, and if he goes to a big team, he'll definitley try and take them with him.

Yeah Fergie made a mistake in buying Carrick, surely his scouts should know, go to Ligue 1 and you could buy 2 brilliant DM's or a Dm/CM for the price of Carrick

Toulalan, Bodmer, Makoun, Alou Diarra.

Carrick has done nothing for me, the last 2 games I've watched in the CL Carrick has been nowhere, did he even turn up to Celtic Park.

Well...I wouldn't call buying Carrick a mistake personally because he is a very good player in my opinion and Man Utd needed someone like him (though they still need another DMF) but yes the $$$ amount they bought him for was definitely too much and so I know what you're saying... and fully agree.

In fact United still lack a REAL ball-winning DMF like Alou Diarra and they could've REALLY[/] used him. Instead he's regularly sitting on bench of Lyon now due to brilliance of Toulalan and of course he would've been a better solution to United's DMF problem and way cheaper as well.

But anyways, I for one though am happy that Fergie didn't come for any of these magnificent Ligue 1 talents. French league has been exporting a huge amount of players to other top European leagues in recent years and recently it's slowed down a little bit (which shows Ligue 1's progress and reputation rising slowly worldwide and also being respected more and clubs becoming more stable financially) and that's a good sign. :8):

Because by him and many other managers not coming, Ligue 1 remains full of talent and that's a good thing.

In fact of all the major players Ligue 1 has, only M. Diarra left last summer! That's an incredible stat and achievement!

----------------------------------------------------

Regarding LOSC, I fully agree. The day Claude Puel leaves could be the day, the 'good' period of Lille ends! Players will follow him out and the club will fail to attract as high of a calibre of players as it had/could attract under Puel and they will slide down the league and become a mediocre club at best.

So for Lille's sake, I hope Mr. Puel stays for a while more and thankfully, he does seem like a loyal person and someone who wouldn't just immediately turn his back on Lille board of directors and club when better offers start coming in (and I'm sure he's had a few already to be honest... perhaps even privates talks to succeed Houllier when and if he leaves sometime in future...)

Did anyone see Bodmer's pass for Odemwingie in the build up of Lille's second goal against St-Etienne? :shock: He really has great awareness of what's around him, and the accuracy in that pass was astonishing :applause: :8): :shock:

Fortunately I managed to record the goal, so if you haven't seen it you can watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=678qEmBSf-k :D

EDIT - In the video, there's an icon on the top right which reads 'Sina'. Is it just a coincidence? Or did Sina host the stream? :lol:

Last edited:

Because by him and many other managers not coming, Ligue 1 remains full of talent and that's a good thing.

In fact of all the major players Ligue 1 has, only M. Diarra left last summer! That's an incredible stat and achievement!

Yeah i was really surprised that alot of top players didn't leave the league, i think players now see Ligue 1 being a great place to learn your football and top get noticed by top clubs, so many top teams in europe have players that made their name in France, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real etc.

So I think maybe the slow year this year will not repeaqt next year, but alot more players will come into the league aswell, so the continuation of the growth of ligue 1 will continue, and with Managers like Puel, Houllier, Pablo Correa doing a great job with Nancy, Gillot at Lens, the league reputation can only Improve, Then surely sooner than later, PSG, Monaco & Marseille will make an Impact in Europe again.

Ligue 1 is definitely the league I enjoy watching the most outside the premiership, and I look forward to following it for years to come.

So for Lille's sake, I hope Mr. Puel stays for a while more and thankfully, he does seem like a loyal person and someone who wouldn't just immediately turn his back on Lille board of directors and club when better offers start coming in (and I'm sure he's had a few already to be honest... perhaps even privates talks to succeed Houllier when and if he leaves sometime in future...)

Hopefully if Claude can stay for 2 years maybe even 3, Lille's stock in Europe will have climbed enough for them to attract decent french players or even foreigners, and a good coach to take over from Claude, and by that point who knows they might have a decent stadium to compete in and the fans might come back.

Whatever happens, thanks to you Sina I will always follow Losc through good and bad

Did anyone see Bodmer's pass for Odemwingie in the build up of Lille's second goal against St-Etienne? He really has great awareness of what's around him, and the accuracy in that pass was astonishing

EDIT - In the video, there's an icon on the top right which reads 'Sina'. Is it just a coincidence? Or did Sina host the stream?

Fantastic pass from Mathieu and what makes it an even better goal, as the commentator said Peter hasn't scored a league goal since week 5, but he was very unselfish and passed to Kader to make sure his team scored, Sooo unselfish total teamwork, thats Puels guidance, they work as a unit.

Sina you didn't tell us you were streaming football matches lol

Last edited:

Habib Beye (Captain and thank god for that! It's well deserved!), Ribery or Nasri would be one of my 3 picks if I could get a name on an OM shirt. :)

But the Albanian former PSG player, Lorik Cana is a player who if stays injury free, can become quite an impressive DMF as well in future years and I hope he does because he has the right tools for it.
And also Taiwo ;) A heavy LB, but his the ugliest muthafucker coming straight out of the team!

I wanted to ask a question, see Adilton of Rennes is that the same guy who captained the Brazilian World Youth team back in 2003 (in UAE)?
Hahahhaaha Marcelo *THE CUNT* Gallardo!! :lmao:
PLF he used to play for Monaco, what happened there?

Last edited:

I didn't watch that match but Odemwingie looks surprisingly slow in that clip. Not actually slow but not fast as you'd expect him to be and that attack was happening at 52nd or 57th minute (not sure which) so I'm not sure why his acceleration and pace wasn't up to par with usual... but anyways luckily for him and unluckily for the amazing Janot, Kader Keita was following up and Odemwingie as you said unselfishly laid it off. ;)

@roti, :lol: :mrgreen:

Sina is the name of a Chinese channel I think... I'm not sure.

Yeah i was really surprised that alot of top players didn't leave the league, i think players now see Ligue 1 being a great place to learn your football and top get noticed by top clubs, so many top teams in europe have players that made their name in France, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real etc.
Yeh, leagues like EPL are filled with Ex-Ligue 1 players.

Nearly every team has at least one and most have at least a few.

So I think maybe the slow year this year will not repeaqt next year, but alot more players will come into the league aswell, so the continuation of the growth of ligue 1 will continue, and with Managers like Puel, Houllier, Pablo Correa doing a great job with Nancy, Gillot at Lens, the league reputation can only Improve, Then surely sooner than later, PSG, Monaco & Marseille will make an Impact in Europe again.
That's true.

Not only do many French clubs have great youth academies which means they continue to develop the most talent among top leagues and keep some to themselves while exporting some to other leagues as well, but they also have good scouting systems (some anyway) and buy a lot of good players.

One shouldn't forget cases like Juninho, Kallstrom, Cech, etc.

And of course this year they had some other very good players coming in like Yaya Toure whom a lot of big clubs were after!

p.s. I don't consider Gillot a good coach, personally. I like him as a person but I'm not too sure about his ability. He's still relatively young I think though so he has room for improvement but I think if RC Lens had a better manager, they'd be doing even better right now and in past couple years. Because they had and still have some very good players.

Ligue 1 is definitely the league I enjoy watching the most outside the premiership, and I look forward to following it for years to come.
Yeh... I don't think I'll ever stop watching Ligue 1 to be honest unless I no longer have acecss to it due to where I move to (live).

It's just too good to miss out on voluntarily.

Hopefully if Claude can stay for 2 years maybe even 3, Lille's stock in Europe will have climbed enough for them to attract decent french players or even foreigners, and a good coach to take over from Claude, and by that point who knows they might have a decent stadium to compete in and the fans might come back.
Exactly. That's what I'm hoping for as a neutral.

If Puel stays for a couple more years and assuming he can keep the club progressing this way, Lille will be much more established not only in France but in Europe with a couple more CL group stage appearances (and who knows maybe more...) and that'll definitely help them not only be able to attract higher quality of players but also build a bigger fan-base.

p.s. They already have a nice bigger stadium being made ready. I forget when that becomes ready though. 2011 I think??? I'm not sure.. but either way it's good to see the board invest in one because they certainly need it. It'll be a 32k capacity stadium I think.... or somewhere around that figure. :8):

Whatever happens, thanks to you Sina I will always follow LOSC through good and bad
You're welcome pal.

Having had the pleasure of knowing and be-friending you and discussing football matters closely is more than I could ask for. :)

Good job roti!

So it seems you've got some sort of affiliation with Rennes now do you? ;)

I noticed in the Rennes squad on PES4 (to onwards) he was in the team and thought that might be him, but never bothered checking up. Always wondered what happened to him, i remember him lifting the world youth cup up, with Cafu (who had the world cup with him) and another player who had also won a football competition representing Brazil.

Back
Top Bottom