Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07

Damn!! VERY sad to hear about this! Especially since it's not a little niggling injury and out for up to 6-8 weeks!! :(

Unlucky for him AND Lyon.

Carew is pretty mediocre (though he can sometimes get inconsistent and perform well above his usual ability. This sorta inconsistency is a good thing! :mrgreen: )

Lyon will need him to step up now. This is a great chance for him because he had become #3 choice lately and probably will be offloaded at end of the season if he doesn't prove anything in the remaining time he has.

Here's the ideal opportunity for him to prove that at least he can do a decent job as a back up player. If he doesn't, he'll be gotten rid of by end of season and Lyon will get a better forward to rotate with Fred and Benzema.

Lyon reserve youngsters like Bettiol and that tall guy Loic Remy might get a rare chance now as well as a sub or something if Wiltord or Carew are being taken off.

I'm not so sure about Benzema's injury but JM Aulas is already looking for a new striker.

Do you mean for Winter transfer window?

Cuz we all pretty much knew, Lyon would be in the market for a new better striker than Carew come the end of the season anyway unless he REALLY impresses or something which I doubt.

L1 Day 13

FT Bordeaux 0 - 0 Auxerre
FT Le Mans 1 - 1 Paris S.G.
FT Lens 0 - 0 Rennes
FT Lorient 2 - 0 Nancy
FT Nantes 2 - 2 Saint-Etienne
FT Nice 0 - 0 Sochaux
FT Toulouse 3 - 1 Sedan

On a cornerkick, Janot assisted Hognon with his heel tonight. He roooocks.
Really??!?!? :shock: :eek: :mryellow: :mrgreen: :applause:

Hahahaha... honestly if Janot wasn't so loyal to Les Verts and didn't love them as much and was playing in a more hyped and viewed internationally league like EPL, he'd probably be among the most popular and loved GK's in the world by now.

But now he's among the most popular in France and for those who follow Ligue 1 which is still good enough and of course he gets to stand between the sticks for his beloved LES VERTS every week which is also satisfying. 8)

p.s. That great goal from Cubillier is a rare inconsistent moment for Eric. :mrgreen:

Great goal from Cubillier!! :applause: And that was nice from Janot \\:o/ :mrgreen:
and boukhari's goal ? \\:o/
I'm soo happy guys , I'm in hollydays in morocco and just this week I've seen more games than the 3 months before .
ligue 1 , ligue 2 , premier league , la liga , bundesliga , eredivise , moroccan league , african champion's league's final (congratulation to al ahly btw) , U20 asian cup , algerian league ...
so great you pay your cofee 0.50 euro and you watch a game with your childhood friends with everyone shouting around you as if you were in the stadium . it's the world cup every week in casablanca 8)

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself Pogoss. 8)

You guys have a satelite installed there though right? Or do you get to watch all that football including even Ligue 2 on Moroccan cable TV? :eek:

Meriem comeback and Monaco win !! i'm happy for this club
Man of the match : Meriem and Yaya Touré very good too

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself Pogoss. 8)

You guys have a satelite installed there though right? Or do you get to watch all that football including even Ligue 2 on Moroccan cable TV? :eek:
we have satellite but they broadcast many games in moroccan channel as well .
yesterday they broadcasted nancy's game and today we had ajax - psv and arsenal - liverpool .
in satellite there is eurosport that broadcast ligue 2 games and french channels that braodcast other games . I've just watched canal + sport and they broadcasted monaco's great win .
there are also arabic channels such as art sport 1 and 2 , aljaseera sport or saudi sport that broad cast european games \\:o/
there are so many games I can watch that I have difficult choices to make it's great .

Last edited:

10-men Monaco played even better than they had all season :shock: :applause: I think they should start the next game with 10 men. :mrgreen: :lol:

Anyway Lille defeated Marseille thanks to Mathieu Bodmer's goal. It's Marseille's 4th consecutive league defeat. :shock:

At least one of Bodmer or Gourcuff needs to get a chance at French Senior NT now.

Especially now that a few injuries have happened.

paris/OM same battle!!!!i think we gonna fight for the UEFA CUP one more time!!so dissapointed:(

Meriem comeback and Monaco win !! i'm happy for this club
Man of the match : Meriem and Yaya Touré very good too

Yeah Yaya was excellent. Im just surprised at what pleasent football troyes plays. Even thought they are bottom of the table, they play nice footie!!!!
Eventually as my comentators notated, all the nice football wont mean squat if they keep losing. I thought Nivet for Troyes was fantastic. How about the teenager thomas, Kapka(spelling)?

Cracking goal by Bodmer, he's having a great season, every time Lille scrape a 1-0 it's always Mathieu, he should get a chance in Les Bleus

yeah, marseille look like shit the last couple of weeks. I think there lacking a quality finisher up top. Maybe when Cisse gets healthy he can start scoring goals again.

I asked you 3-4 times at least a certain question in the Ballon D'or thread as well Don and each time I got ignored.

You did replyy to my posts once or twice but only parts of it and did not actually the question as to "When the official" result will be out which I asked several times hoping for a concrete answer.

Yeah Yaya was excellent. Im just surprised at what pleasent football troyes plays. Even thought they are bottom of the table, they play nice footie!!!!
Eventually as my comentators notated, all the nice football wont mean squat if they keep losing. I thought Nivet for Troyes was fantastic. How about the teenager thomas, Kapka(spelling)?
Troyes do indeed play GOOD football.

In fact this summer when they signed Auxerre veteran and Ex-captain and one of the former great players of Ligue 1, Yann Lacheur, he said the main reason he's coming there despite interest from OGC Nice and certain other clubs was that they play beautiful football. 8)

And Lacheur being the creative, flair and technical player he is, doesn't surprise me he said that.

Nivet is the star player and Blaise Matuidi (young DMF) looks to have a great future as well.

I asked you 3-4 times at least a certain question in the Ballon D'or thread as well Don and each time I got ignored.

You did replyy to my posts once or twice but only parts of it and did not actually the question as to "When the official" result will be out which I asked several times hoping for a concrete answer.
What is this? Kindergarten?

"official announcement(somewhere in December I think)" That's what I told you and all I know..

he likes to yell at his teamates, then he likes to run about 1 feet away from a teamate who is dribbling and have that teamate pass the ball to him.... :) it seems the marseille ship is sinking

Ah so he's doing quite poorly really, shame. Thanks for the info.

What is this? Kindergarten?
No. Don't take my above msg the wrong way dude.

I was just letting you know that you're not the only one feeling ignored at times. ;)

After all I had to ask 4 times to finally get an answer from you in your last post.

But it's all cool. :)

Ah so he's doing quite poorly really, shame. Thanks for the info.
Nah he's not.

He was absolutely AMAZING in the first part of the season (keep in mind we're still in early parts) and was MoM and a BIG influence on Marseille's great start to the season.

The team isn't playing as good as they used to be though and Ribery as a result hasn't been either and like Alain said I think he's injured now anyway.

Nonetheless, thus far, he's still been one of the best players in the league so far this season.

Malouda, Juninho, Benzema and co have of course been even more consistent and productive.

I was just letting you know that you're not the only one feeling ignored at times. ;)

After all I had to ask 4 times to finally get an answer from you in your last post.

Ok, cool.

Nah he's not.

He was absolutely AMAZING in the first part of the season (keep in mind we're still in early parts) and was MoM and a BIG influence on Marseille's great start to the season.

The team isn't playing as good as they used to be though and Ribery as a result hasn't been either and like Alain said I think he's injured now anyway.

Nonetheless, thus far, he's still been one of the best players in the league so far this season.

Malouda, Juninho, Benzema and co have of course been even more consistent and productive.

I see, thanks for that. I'd imagine that Ribery would, like Malouda, flourish a bit more consistently at a club like Lyon too.

Nah he's not.

yeah i wasnt implying he wasnt playing well, but he has been frustrated with there lack of form it seems

Back
Top Bottom