Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07

You can bet your @$$, roti is somewhere right now dancing his ass off!! :lol:

Let's just hope he can keep on dancing once the full 90 minutes are over too cuz as you said, Lyon usually shift into another gear in 2nd half and become even more deadly.

Juninho :lol:

1st time I don't see Lyon scoring during ET after being led.

Congrats Rennes.

\\:o/ :applause: :mrgreen: :D

Great game, it was end to end stuff. In my opinion we deserved the win. We attacked and pressed them hard esp in the first half. :) Also Lyon's unbeaten run since the start of the season is over now.

Red card from Juninho was shocking, he completely lost the plot there. :shock:

Amazing game by Pouplin, because i think in second half Lyon play much better.

Before the game Guy Roux says "For beat Lyon it's now or never" :)

Guy Roux!! :rock:

Anyways, I had a feeling if anybody was gonna beat Lyon it'd be Rennes or Lille again. Rennes did it again! :D

guys please help me to find pics of this seasons goalie kits of st.etienne! :D i only found the blue one, anymore out there? :)

too bad hadji was injuried (knee injury) but I'm soo happy because that's what I have forecasted \\:o/

OPM said:
guys please help me to find pics of this seasons goalie kits of st.etienne! :D i only found the blue one, anymore out there? :)
:rock: Jeremy Janot IS god!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: 8) :rock:

i posted at his official forum, i hope french people understand english :lol: ;)

can someone tell me what happened to marseille?

how did they play last night? did they deserve too lose?

OPM, I'm 200% sure Janot wore 3 kits this season. That's why I made them for PES5.
You'll find them in my thread : Here

There's a blue, a white and a black version. Same template.

kobashi, yes Marseille deserved to lose. No action at all !!! And Lorient even hit the crossbar.

The problem is the connection between Cana and Ribery. Nasri doesn't know how to play there and it's not his role. Oruma is the only option since Lamouchi left. He can bring something. Against Auxerre, it was perfect but Niang and Maoulida have to defend and help the wingers. Then, they can play for Pagis/Cissé. It's not Pagis who has to play for them with headers.

---------Hamel (Carrasso needs a break)
Beye Zubar Civelli Taiwo
---------Cana
------Oruma
------------Ribery
Maoulida-------Niang
---------Pagis

Last edited:

I don't know what happened. Paris had a greaat 1st halft. Then Lens countered attack and it was over. Strange.

nancy is doing really well , I'm glad for my 3 moroccan there (althought only chretien and zerka get in the field) .

:lol:

That's a great betting weekend for you then, Thomas. :mrgreen: :lmao:

Serves you right for thinking all the big guns are gonna get the job done against supposedly (on paper) lesser oppositions. :p

The new French team !

GK :
- Grégory Coupet (Lyon)
- Mickaël Landreau (Paris-SG)

DF :
- Eric Abidal (Lyon)
- François Clerc (Lyon)
- Julien Escudé (FC Sévilla/SPA)
- Patrice Evra (Manchester United/ENG)
- William Gallas (Arsenal/ENG)
- Philippe Mexès (AS Roma/ITA)
- Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munchen/GER)
- Lilian Thuram (FC Barcelona/SPA)

MD :
- Alou Diarra (Lyon)
- Sidney Govou (Lyon)
- Gonzalo Higuain (River Plate/ARG)
- Claude Makelele (Chelsea/ENG)
- Florent Malouda (Lyon)
- Rio Mavuba (Bordeaux)
- Franck Ribéry (Marseille)
- Jérémy Toulalan (Lyon)
- Patrick Vieira (Inter Milan/ITA)
- Sylvain Wiltord (Lyon)

FW :
- Nicolas Anelka (Bolton/ENG)
- Karim Benzema (Lyon)
- Thierry Henry (Arsenal/ENG)
- Louis Saha (Manchester United/ENG)

I'm happy for Benzema first selection and to see Evra and Mexes comeback and i hope Gonzalo Higuain choose the French side :)

But poor Trez :(

Trez should be there instead of Anelka and will be there eventualy but Domenech wants to give Nicolas *Whiner* Anelka another chance since every time he didn't get picked, he started criticizing the coach and saying, I'm only not picked because I have a WRONG reputation for being a trouble player and etc. etc.

Domenech is probably hoping, Anelka DOESN't perform well so he can put him aside once and for all like he wanted to do with Pires and eventually did before giving him a last chance a while back.

Escude hasn't really earned a place in the side with consistent great performances for Sevilla either BUT it's definitely much better than having Jean-Alain or Silvestre in there. :lol:

If Squillaci gets an extended run in Lyon first team (And he should. Cacapa has been going downhill and is not good enough for first 11 of Lyon to be honest anyomre. He makes mistakes, has lost pace and concentration and is injury-prone), Sebastian might be called up to NT again.

Janot should be there as 3rd GK and even fight with Landreau for 2nd place to be honest.

Evra and Mexes are good to see back indeed. 8)

As for Benzema, well this is truly well deserved. :applause:

Very happy to hear about him being introduced to senior NT at this young age. :)

And unlike the case of someone like Theo Walcott, this guy actually EARNED this by consistent excellent performances for a club like Lyon who is fighting to be champion of everything and so far doing very well.
It'll help him become an even more established/complete and confident player.

I don't like the midfield. Once again, Govou AND Wiltord. Ok for one, but now with Higuian (he's going to say no for the moment), it's the same profile. There's no creator. Even if his performance aren't that good, I would give another chance to Rothen or a first change to Bodmer/Gourcuff.

And why Diarra ? Pfff.

tuta77 said:
I don't like the midfield. Once again, Govou AND Wiltord. Ok for one, but now with Higuian (he's going to say no for the moment), it's the same profile. There's no creator. Even if his performance aren't that good, I would give another chance to Rothen or a first change to Bodmer/Gourcuff.

And why Diarra ? Pfff.

Diarra is a good player ! better than Mavuba

i want to see Vieira, Makelele, Toulalan, Diarra and Bodmer :)

Alou Diarra is one of the best DMF's in the world.

He definitely should be there. It's not his fault, Lyon is so star-studded, he can't get into first team on a regular basis. When he could at Lens, we did see what a great player he is and he proved himself all the time leaving little doubt.

And to be honest he is better than Mavuba. Taller, stronger and better in the air and just more productive as a result.

I wouldn't give Rothen another chance. In fact if another true left winger beside Malouda was gonna get a chance, I'd go for Monterrubio who is less injury prone, more consistent, more experienced and overall even better in my opinion.

Hell even if I don't go with Olivier, I'd go for Ludovic Delporte of Osasuna who had a very good season last year and can deliver GREAT crosses. Rothen would be my #4th choice Left wing and I'm happy to see him out as he hasn't really earned it.

Regarding Bodmer and Gourcuff, I agree. They should be given a chance now. Both are good players and so is Benoit Cheyrou by the way (although he plays deeper).

tuta77 said:
1st time I don't see Lyon scoring during ET after being led.
Yeah, the ritual continues. Valenciennes scores (75') and Lyon WON in the last minutes. Ahhhhh !!!!

After the Govou and Benzema injury and Higauin refus, maybe Domenech called Gourcuff, what do you think ?

He should.

Gourcuff has the potential to be France's 'main playmaker' and #10 one day in future. If France doesn't start playing players as talented as him and Toulalan from now then they won't be ready for the big responsibility we want them to have in a few years.

Look at England, Theo Walcott is probably at the moment not 3/4th of the player Benzema or Gourcuff are and he's already played in NT and even went to world-cup!! :shock:

Of course England doesn't have as big of a depth in talent when it comes to France who seems to produce them in unbelievable rate but still... they're letting the youngsters take over so they'll be ready in few years time and France should start doing the same with likes of Benzema and Gourcuff and others.

Trez should definitely be in NT as well.

p.s. Benzema and Govou get injury? :/

How serious is it? I hope not serious for Karim because he was getting in a really nice form and an injury could distrupt that and make him work all over again. Plus Lyon needs him right now with Fred out as well for several more weeks!

Benzema : 6-8 weeks.
Govou : 2-3 weeks.

Even with 2 teams, Lyon may has some problem.

tuta77 said:
Benzema : 6-8 weeks.
Govou : 2-3 weeks.

Even with 2 teams, Lyon may has some problem.

wtf!!!!:shock: although i don't like Lyon i feel sorry for the guys especially benzema,he deserved to be in the French squad
but like you said Lyon may be in hot water!!!no cf(i think carew is really average)plus only one rw//SS (wiltord)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom